Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,915 members, 7,872,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:20 AM

Tinubu Specially Receives Ibori At His Residence, After Meeting 1999 Governors - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Specially Receives Ibori At His Residence, After Meeting 1999 Governors (44204 Views)

Where Are The Class Of 1999 Governors Now? 10 Dead, Many Convicted / Tinubu Meets Class Of 1999 Governors At Aso Villa / Photos Of Ateke Tom's Residence After Being Raided By Military Men In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Specially Receives Ibori At His Residence, After Meeting 1999 Governors by Intrepid01(m): 11:08am On Jul 13, 2023
I’m not a supporter of Peter Obi or any naija politician cos I know better. But the only difference between Tinubu and Ibori is that one was convicted and the other hasn’t been convicted. Ibori is also capable to become naija President of Tinubu or Atiku can.

Naija for show….a country that can be described as a captured state.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Specially Receives Ibori At His Residence, After Meeting 1999 Governors by SpaceXR: 11:12am On Jul 13, 2023
SOSinNigeria:
Birds of a feather, flock together!
Criminals are now teaming up. I really pity this country because if the judiciary don't act fast enough...
If the judiciary don't act fast ? Joker grin grin grin grin you no get sense at all?

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Specially Receives Ibori At His Residence, After Meeting 1999 Governors by Litmus: 11:13am On Jul 13, 2023
Nigerians are proving to be just as stupid as the average African. You can mass rape, loot, kill and eat them but you'll be thire heroes as long as you rape, loot, kill and eat them in the name of thire respective tribes.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Specially Receives Ibori At His Residence, After Meeting 1999 Governors by casualobserver: 11:15am On Jul 13, 2023
Kukutenla:

This your version get as it be o. Who appoints cabinet members in a parliamentary govt?
You're bereft of the true events.
And Awolowo never said what you claimed. If you can show proof he ever says that I'll accept your claim.
Awolowo always recognised the north as the feudalistic, backward region they were.
What he wanted to avoid is what you're suffering today. After eight years of northern control, the country is an unmitigated disaster. The question now is if getting power is worth all the disaster you have in ground.

1. The reason Zik went for coalition with Balewa as opposed to Awo was because they thought that being more educated than the north at the time they would dominate the civil service which is really where the power is. BTW many who advised him not to Align with Awo went on to admit their regret.

https://saharareporters.com/2021/10/06/flashback-i-regret-advising-azikiwe-not-join-forces-awolowo-–-former-eastern-premier

2. That you don’t know that Awo made that remark shows how little you know and why you shouldn’t comment on things you do not know..it is common knowledge.

https://www.channelstv.com/2013/11/28/awolowo-predicted-npdpapc-alliance-agebuyi/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Specially Receives Ibori At His Residence, After Meeting 1999 Governors by Pootle: 11:19am On Jul 13, 2023
the one wey dey tie wrapper nko grin
Re: Tinubu Specially Receives Ibori At His Residence, After Meeting 1999 Governors by Angelfrost(m): 11:21am On Jul 13, 2023
exotique1fy:
Time for him to truly bounce back on the national scene. He has paid for his crimes.

No, he hasn't... Not in the real sense! But, that's a topic for another day!
Re: Tinubu Specially Receives Ibori At His Residence, After Meeting 1999 Governors by Angelfrost(m): 11:23am On Jul 13, 2023
ovieigho:
hmm

If we continue to vote political strategists
Nigerians will remain poor and underdeveloped
Instead of governance, these ones are already aligning to win the next election

Win elections, and maintain the cycle of looting and embezzlement!

Nigeria will never be great at this rate!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Specially Receives Ibori At His Residence, After Meeting 1999 Governors by Onewazobia(m): 11:24am On Jul 13, 2023
hisexcellency34:
The people's man hailed him when he returned from UK as a hero. You are here wailing. Do you know more than them?

I quote you because I thought you should be more expose and reasonable. Our people (Nigerians) are seriously be-devile by the elites, they end up praising and applauding their oppressors.
Is it normal to organise a welcoming party for such a fellow? Just imagine if it's poor person that was prosecuted and jailed for same crime, sure they won't organise party for him/her.
Such practice is common among black people/Africa "celebration of their oppressors"

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Specially Receives Ibori At His Residence, After Meeting 1999 Governors by kasim155: 11:24am On Jul 13, 2023
theophorus:
Say whatever you like about James Ibori but go ask Deltans Na the Best Governor for Delta till date be that no be those Yeye Eweta and Ifeanyi.

Bro, you nor lie, Ibori still remain the best Governor in Delta State so far. Uduaghan still try small in terms of Education and Health.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Specially Receives Ibori At His Residence, After Meeting 1999 Governors by Menclothing: 11:24am On Jul 13, 2023
Men of great minds
Re: Tinubu Specially Receives Ibori At His Residence, After Meeting 1999 Governors by Angelfrost(m): 11:25am On Jul 13, 2023
SocialJustice:
You no lie. I have never seen a president as strategic as him. He will leave Nigeria united and stronger than ever.

Nigeria united??! Lol!

He came into office by fostering and engendering disunity among Nigerians, a system known as "Divide and Rule"!

I respect Tinubu's Machiavelian approach to politics, but let's not paint the truth abeg! grin

A truly united Nigeria is a huge threat to the Political class and their Puppeteers abroad (World Bank, EU, UN, IMF, etc)!
Re: Tinubu Specially Receives Ibori At His Residence, After Meeting 1999 Governors by Throwback: 11:29am On Jul 13, 2023
zoedew:

And Ibori ruined the good work Econet started in telecommunications in Nigeria when in furtherance of his corrupt ways he sought to steal Delta State shareholding but Strive Masiyiwa of Econet wouldn’t let him. He stomped Econet out of Nigeria thereafter using his huge political influence. Strive Masiyiwa was ready and testified against Ibori in UK Court. Ibori was convicted of criminal theft and money laundering and sentenced to a jail term and deported to Nigeria. Our Supreme Court was a let down in the Ibori trial before them.

Very true.

He wanted to play a fast one on Econet, but Strive really put up a stubborn resistance to corruption.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Specially Receives Ibori At His Residence, After Meeting 1999 Governors by blacksam01: 11:30am On Jul 13, 2023
bjdon:
I really do not like Tinubu

However I totally respect him as a political operative. The man is always thinking many steps ahead.

He knows APC is weak in the SS, so he's looking to solidify his position there. With Wike and Ibori on side, he will be in a very strong position in that region.

Others could learn a lot from him in strategic planning

it is simple...he is going to accept the tribunal ruling which will order a re- run of the Election nd it will b a very short notice, so now ge is organizing his team of strong men in his least loved region...

the man is a political strategist...but we understand the move
Re: Tinubu Specially Receives Ibori At His Residence, After Meeting 1999 Governors by blacksam01: 11:34am On Jul 13, 2023
Padipadi:
Levels.

If Awolowo had known, he d have piped low for north and then come out stronger. Tinubu allowed Buhari to rule first in order to get his support when it was his turn (emilokan).
Maybe Awolowo could have done like mumu for Balewa, Ahmadu Bello or even Shagari sef. Awolowo is more economically sound and honest than Tinubu. He's the best president Nigeria would have gotten.
However, thank God for Tinubu. I hope he proves doubters wrong.

have ever tried to know how Awolowi got so ruch that he became the South west richest person at the time..?

do u know that his source of wealth is what led to his downfall..? as the man who dethroned him from his region..used it against him..?

i deliberately dont want to say what his source is..so u could make a research....

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Specially Receives Ibori At His Residence, After Meeting 1999 Governors by 7lives: 11:34am On Jul 13, 2023
Padipadi:
Levels.

If Awolowo had known, he d have piped low for north and then come out stronger. Tinubu allowed Buhari to rule first in order to get his support when it was his turn (emilokan).
Maybe Awolowo could have done like mumu for Balewa, Ahmadu Bello or even Shagari sef. Awolowo is more economically sound and honest than Tinubu. He's the best president Nigeria would have gotten.
However, thank God for Tinubu. I hope he proves doubters wrong.

Awo was years ahead of his peers, he knows what to do, but he doesn't know how to get the power.
So unfortunate for the South West who found themselves, in the same country with despicably long throat people, who are never content with what God has given them.
For God sake what exactly is wrong with regionalism?, every region was growing at their own pace so why abolish it?.
The end of regionalism is the beginning of underdevelopment in this country.
Only God knows how far SW for don go now.
Rip Baba Obafemi Awolowo.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Specially Receives Ibori At His Residence, After Meeting 1999 Governors by iLoveYouToo(m): 11:35am On Jul 13, 2023
blacksam01:

have ever tried to know how Awolowi got so ruch that he became the South west richest person at the time..?

do u know that his source of wealth is what led to his downfall..? as the man who dethroned him from his region..used it against him..?

i deliberately dont want to say what his source is..so u could make a research....

Was he into illicit drugs?
Re: Tinubu Specially Receives Ibori At His Residence, After Meeting 1999 Governors by Kukutenla: 11:36am On Jul 13, 2023
casualobserver:

1. The reason Zik went for coalition with Balewa as opposed to Awo was because they thought that being more educated than the north at the time they would dominate the civil service which is really where the power is. BTW many who advised him not to Align with Awo went on to admit their regret.

https://saharareporters.com/2021/10/06/flashback-i-regret-advising-azikiwe-not-join-forces-awolowo-–-former-eastern-premier

2. That you don’t know that Awo made that remark shows how little you know and why you shouldn’t comment on things you do not know..it is common knowledge.

https://www.channelstv.com/2013/11/28/awolowo-predicted-npdpapc-alliance-agebuyi/
Your number one is not true. You should know there's a difference between civil service and political officers. Civil service then was based in what is called quota system. The rest about regrets is very true.

2. Read the link you posted and show where the man buttressed your claim. Na wa o
Re: Tinubu Specially Receives Ibori At His Residence, After Meeting 1999 Governors by PissInside: 11:38am On Jul 13, 2023
Ibori no small at all 😍

In the history of Nigeria,I have never seen a Governor/Ex governor as powerful and Influential as Ibori.

Only Tinubu has more power & influence than Ibori as an ex governor.

You can't become a Governor or Senator in Delta state without Ibori's support.

Even when he was in prison,man was calling the shots.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Specially Receives Ibori At His Residence, After Meeting 1999 Governors by Novarisammy2: 11:41am On Jul 13, 2023
Authority Stealing (Vocal) Lyrics Authority stealing! You be thief (I no be thief) You be rogue (I no be rogue) You dey steal (I no dey steal) You be robber (I no be robber) You be armed robber (No be armed robber) I no be thief (You be thief) I no be rogue (You be rogue) I no dey steal (You dey steal) I no be robber (You be robber) I no be armed robber (You be armed robber) Argument, argument, argue (Argument, argument) Them argue (Argument, argument) Everbody dem argue (Argument, argument) Them dem dem argue (Argument, argument) Up and down them argue Everbody dem argue Them dem dem dem argue Yes yes, them argue Everbody dem argue Argument about stealing Somebody don take something Wey belong to another person Then you go hear: You be thief (I no be thief) You be rogue (I no be rogue) You dey steal (I no dey steal) You be robber (I no be robber) You be armed robber (No be armed robber) I no be thief (You be thief) I no be rogue (You be rogue) I no dey steal (You dey steal) I no be robber (You be robber) I no be armed robber (You be armed robber)
Re: Tinubu Specially Receives Ibori At His Residence, After Meeting 1999 Governors by casualobserver: 11:41am On Jul 13, 2023
Kukutenla:

Your number one is not true. You should know there's a difference between civil service and political officers. Civil service then was based in what is called quota system. The rest about regrets is very true.

2. Read the link you posted and show where the man buttressed your claim. Na wa o

Your problem is a lack of history in schools. Civil service was very powerful in Nigeria until the Muritala regime civil servants were more powerful than ministers because the civil servants were career professionals with assured tenure and you can’t do anything without their approval . If they don’t approve your plan, your plan is dead.. It was the Muritala regime that killed the civil service. Now civil servants take orders from politicians. There was no quota system until the 1970s after the civil war.

My advice to you is to just keep quiet before you expose your ignorance further.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Specially Receives Ibori At His Residence, After Meeting 1999 Governors by Decarbonisation: 11:44am On Jul 13, 2023
Criminals.... I mean, anyone surprised a criminal is hosting a criminal?
Re: Tinubu Specially Receives Ibori At His Residence, After Meeting 1999 Governors by Germi9: 11:44am On Jul 13, 2023
theophorus:

YES.

But who dey Nigeria Politics wen no be Theif?
Abeg, parkwell joor, Go and ask Deltans the Best Governor so far.

NB: Amongst Theives the Best will be preferred to Lead. Do I support dem no but the reality is what it is.
There’s no reality there guy!!! Don’t settle for less ..don’t celebrate mediocrity
Hope you heard the latest $130M seized by the UK government your Ibori stole ,just be celebrating mediocrity

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Specially Receives Ibori At His Residence, After Meeting 1999 Governors by etimism1981: 11:46am On Jul 13, 2023
Remi Tinubu is from Delta State before married to Tinubu. Therefore both are in-laws
Re: Tinubu Specially Receives Ibori At His Residence, After Meeting 1999 Governors by seguno2: 11:46am On Jul 13, 2023
insidelife22:
Fraudsters I mean to say fraudgrandfathers.

Why do we the masses who are more numerous, allow them to be our leaders, if we are not all more fraudulent
Re: Tinubu Specially Receives Ibori At His Residence, After Meeting 1999 Governors by garfield1: 11:47am On Jul 13, 2023
Kukutenla:

Azikiwe that did mumu for them? How did it end? Tinubu was just lucky he dealt with Buhari who was not really up there in terms of political brinkmanship

Is it only buhari that is a northerner? What of atiku,El rufai,wamakko,badaru, lamido
Re: Tinubu Specially Receives Ibori At His Residence, After Meeting 1999 Governors by blacksam01: 11:48am On Jul 13, 2023
iLoveYouToo:

Was he into illicit drugs?

buying nd selling a banned substance for personal profit is bad...as u didn't force anyone to take the drugs...u are only a courier....but having to steal a people's Commonwealth in the name of leadership is in it own worse than stealing....

Awolowo just like tinubu cornered a people's common wealth nd used it to advance the course of their political interest....... Nobody is a saint... because he is late doesnt make him free from stealing, Awo stole!!!!!!!
Re: Tinubu Specially Receives Ibori At His Residence, After Meeting 1999 Governors by theophorus(m): 11:48am On Jul 13, 2023
Germi9:

There’s no reality there guy!!! Don’t settle for less ..don’t celebrate mediocrity

What's the name of your Current Governor? I want to check something.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Specially Receives Ibori At His Residence, After Meeting 1999 Governors by onuman: 11:50am On Jul 13, 2023
Shame. Nigerians, you were told during Tinubu's political campaign that if you make Tinubu president of Nigeria, the country's leadership circle shall become like a den of criminals.
It's fast unfolding.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Specially Receives Ibori At His Residence, After Meeting 1999 Governors by shiwex: 11:51am On Jul 13, 2023
exotique1fy:
Time for him to truly bounce back on the national scene. He has paid for his crimes.
You are out of your mind......Bounce back to come and do what? Loot some more. Surely Nigerians deserve to keep suffering.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Specially Receives Ibori At His Residence, After Meeting 1999 Governors by garfield1: 11:51am On Jul 13, 2023
mrksquare:

And you think the duo of Wike and Ibori can make APC formidable in the South South?

Even in America, there are states and district that are the traditional strongholds of either Democratic Party and Republican party.

Save for rigging, it will be difficult for APC to have a strong foothold in South South.

Even Ibori supported former Omo Agege in the last election and he still failed abysmally. Wike used power of being governor to rig and manoeuvre victory for Tinubu.

In a free and fair setting, these two men are powerless.

You lie.apc is gradually pushing out pdp in ss esp with the coming of lp.apc has captured crs,penetrating aks and rivers.even if wike didn't rig,apc still got 25%.apc is solid in bayelsa,has almost recaptured edo.delta is the only place
Re: Tinubu Specially Receives Ibori At His Residence, After Meeting 1999 Governors by Germi9: 11:52am On Jul 13, 2023
theophorus:

What's the name of your Current Governor? I want to check something.
I’m Nigerian and that's the most important thing guy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Afam Power Plant, Kashimbila & Gurara Hydro Plants To Operate In Nigeria / I Could Have Slapped Kwankwaso At Aso Rock, Says Ganduje / Liah Sharibu, The Only Christian Amongst The Dapchigirls Remains With Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.