Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,263 members, 7,947,279 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 03:56 PM

The Descendant Of Apes - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Descendant Of Apes (18628 Views)

How Is Jesus A Descendant Of David? / Jesus Is Not The Son Of David Neither A Descendant Of David / Is Jesus Christ A Descendant Of King David? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Descendant Of Apes by gotizsata: 8:52pm On Nov 22, 2011
@OLAADEGBU
talking to you about evolution is like talking to a witchdoctor about pharmacies.

because it is magic it does not need to make sense to anyone. including you.

Re: The Descendant Of Apes by Malstrom(m): 10:03pm On Nov 22, 2011
there is no such thing as witch doctors, that is white peoples fantasies about African religion.

Who is that White old man anyway? Santa?
Re: The Descendant Of Apes by manmustwac(m): 10:17pm On Nov 22, 2011
Malstrom:

there is no such thing as witch doctors, that is white peoples fantasies about African religion.

Who is that White old man anyway? Santa?
It must be God, your so called creator.
Re: The Descendant Of Apes by Malstrom(m): 10:32pm On Nov 22, 2011
God made man in his image right as far as I know way back then oyinbo people did not even exist! haha so a white God does not make sense grin

But Its silly to depict Eledumare as a old man figure, no one can see the creator. But Im not very attached to Christianity, I do however believe in the Creator.
Re: The Descendant Of Apes by manmustwac(m): 11:27pm On Nov 22, 2011
Malstrom:

God made man in his image right as far as I know way back then oyinbo people did not even exist! haha so a white God does not make sense grin
Yeah well as far as i know man made god in his own image (because primitive man had to make sense of his surroundings) which explains why the god of the europeans who colonized africa is a whiteman smiley

Malstrom:

But Its silly to depict Eledumare as a old man figure, no one can see the creator. But Im not very attached to Christianity, I do however believe in the Creator.
Is your reason for not being attached to the christianity the fact that unlike most christians who can't see the flaws and inconsitencies in the bible? And its obvious that nobody can see the so called creator it must because he dosen't exist.
Re: The Descendant Of Apes by Kay17: 12:03am On Nov 23, 2011
@gotiza nice!
Re: The Descendant Of Apes by Malstrom(m): 12:14am On Nov 23, 2011
Eledumare does exist, the universe is far to complicated, beautiful, mind blowing and full of variation that it could have just happened by chance. Also, life does not appear out of nowhere that is not possible. smiley
Re: The Descendant Of Apes by Malstrom(m): 12:20am On Nov 23, 2011
And of course white people believe God and Jesus are white, you know they tend to twist everything around. I hope reality will catches them some day so they realise that they are a small minority among the rest of the people on earth so they should not make so damn much noise!
Re: The Descendant Of Apes by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:15am On Nov 23, 2011
gotizsata:

@OLAADEGBU
talking to you about evolution is like talking to a witchdoctor about pharmacies.

I give thanks to God the Uncreated Creator.  Who do you give thanks to, nothing?

Thanks to Nothing!
[img width=500 height=500]http://www.answersingenesis.org/assets/images/media/cartoons/after-eden/20111118.gif[/img]
Re: The Descendant Of Apes by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:13pm On Nov 23, 2011
Malstrom:

It does require God to make life happen from lifeless matter. Molecule to man might not be necessary but that does not mean its not possible. God could have developed life on earth through such a process. How else do we explain the gradually changing of species over long periods in time, how do we explain the gradual change in appearance in humans as we go further and further back in time. And the Neanderthals?? That's not apes and but its not exactly like modern humans or "Homo sapiens" undecided

Read the conversation between two scientists.  One a creationist and the other an evolutionist and see why natural selection cannot drive the molecule to man evolution because it cannot add new information but rather works with existing information in the genome.

Conversation between a biblical creationist "C" and an evolutionist "E" as they discuss some recent scientific news headlines:

E:   Have you heard about the research findings regarding mouse evolution? 

C:   Are you referring to the finding of coat colour change in beach mice? 

E:   Yes, isn't it a wonderful example of evolution in action? 

C:   No, I think it's a good example of natural selection in action, which is merely selecting information that already exists. 

E:   Well, what about antibiotic resistance in bacteria?  Don't you think that's a good example of evolution occurring right before our eyes? 

C:    No, you seem to be confusing the terms "evolution" and "natural selection."

E:   But natural selection is the primary mechanism that drives evolution.     

C:   Natural selection doesn't drive molecule-to-man evolution; you are giving natural selection a power that it does not have - one that can supposedly add new information to the genome, as molecule-to-man-evolution requires.  But natural selection simply can't do that because it works with information that already exists.

Natural selection is an observable phenomenon that preserves genetic viability and allows limited variation within a kind.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab/is-natural-selection-evolution
Re: The Descendant Of Apes by Kay17: 12:33pm On Nov 23, 2011
^^ This is a good sign, Creationists are gradually evolving from morons to something reasonable. NATURAL SELECTIon as postulated by Darwin is being accepted by Ola.
Re: The Descendant Of Apes by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:54pm On Nov 23, 2011
Kay 17:

^^ This is a good sign, Creationists are gradually evolving from morons to something reasonable. NATURAL SELECTIon as postulated by Darwin is being accepted by Ola.

Natural selection is not the molecule to man evolution. It is a God-ordained process that allows organisms to survive in a post-Fall, post Flood world. It is an observable reality unlike evolution, it occurs in the present and takes advantage of the variations within the kinds and works to preserve the genetic viability of the kinds. Read further in the suggested link.

Re: The Descendant Of Apes by Kay17: 1:19pm On Nov 23, 2011
So you have no problem with Darwin?
Re: The Descendant Of Apes by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:42pm On Nov 23, 2011
Kay 17:

So you have no problem with Darwin?

No I don't.  The problem is that "natural selection" means different things to both creationists and evolutionists.  To an evolutionist, natural selection means survival of the fittest.  According to Darwin's theory of evolution, "only the organisms best adapted to their environment tend to survive and transmit their genetic characters in increasing numbers to succeeding generations while those less adapted tend to be eliminated."  But a creationist views natural selection as "a process where organisms possessing specific characteristics survive better than others in a given environment or under a given selective pressure", such as the conversation quoted earlier of the antibiotic resistance in bacteria.  Those with certain characteristics live, and those without these characteristics die or are reduced in number.

Re: The Descendant Of Apes by Malstrom(m): 1:48pm On Nov 23, 2011
What about natural selection + God adding new information all the time?  grin  

And what is it when a virus "mutates" and suddenly can affect humans when it all the time only could affect for example Cows Is that not some "molecule to man" - like model? like Natural selection + mutations+ God

Mutations are not disaster all the time, or are they??
Re: The Descendant Of Apes by gotizsata: 2:19pm On Nov 23, 2011
Re: The Descendant Of Apes by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:22pm On Nov 23, 2011
Malstrom:

What about natural selection + God adding new information all the time?  grin 

God actually knew that Adam's Fall and Noah's Flood was going to happen and had built in a great amount of genetic diversity that could be selected for or against, that would result in certain characteristics depending on the circumstances.  The vast variety of information in the created kinds can only be credited to an intelligence, and in this case in the infinite uncreated Creator.

Malstrom:

And what is it when a virus "mutates" and suddenly can affect humans when it all the time only could affect for example Cows Is that not some "molecule to man" - like model? like Natural selection + mutations+ God

We all know that new information, uyi has said, cannot come from mutations.  If you know of any mutation that has been observed that adds a little information to the genome please share with us.  It's just like saying that a business guru makes money by losing it a little at a time. undecided  For molecule to man evolution to work you've got to add new information to the genome.  Darwin's theory of evolution fails at this point, this evidence is againt his theory and you don't need God to bail him out.

Malstrom:

Mutations are not disaster all the time, or are they??

Making millions and billions of photocopies of an original document does not necessary produce better copies does it? undecided

Re: The Descendant Of Apes by gotizsata: 2:24pm On Nov 23, 2011
[img]http://www.nea.gov/about/40th/images/manchester.jpg[/img]

potter, why cant god build more beings from mud? magically
where is creation by magic over
why does the magic only work 7000 years ago

ever heard of manna from heaven? hahahhahahhaha
hahah
Re: The Descendant Of Apes by gotizsata: 2:25pm On Nov 23, 2011
vast diversity is only represented in science and the bible does not even seem to know what exists outsides of palestine
but when it comes to taking credit, trust god.
Re: The Descendant Of Apes by gotizsata: 2:28pm On Nov 23, 2011
@OLAADEGBU
when a witchdoctor tries to demystify pharmaceutical drugs, he makes a fool of himself.

maybe you need to ask for help in your science. unlike the bible. you cannot make claims without evidence. surely you can do better
Re: The Descendant Of Apes by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:32pm On Nov 23, 2011
A bunch of atheist evolutionists pretending to be scientists, got together and decided that man had come a long way and no longer needed God.  They nominated one "mad scientist" to go and tell God that they no longer needed Him.

God listened patiently and kindly to the man and after the scientist finished, God said,

"Very well!  How about this?  Let's have a man-making contest."

To which the man replied,

"Okay, great!"

But God added,

"Now we're going to do this just like I did back in the old days with Adam."

The scientist said,

"Sure, no problem"

and bent down and gathered a handful of dust.

God just looked at him and said,

"No, no, no.  You have to make your own dust out of nothing!" shocked shocked shocked
Re: The Descendant Of Apes by UyiIredia(m): 6:16pm On Nov 23, 2011
thehomer:

Not surprising. Though it does explain a lot of things about your mistaken notions.

Back this up.

thehomer:

Why don't you help me ask him? He doesn't usually respond to inquiries. Maybe you'll be more successful.

That's your business

thehomer:
No, that isn't an explanation. I'm simply pointing out what you're doing with your statements.

Then give your explanation.
Re: The Descendant Of Apes by UyiIredia(m): 6:31pm On Nov 23, 2011
Kay 17:

The concept of natural selection was introduced by a creationist called Edward Blyth. Darwin simply took the concept and termed it natural selection. Ironically, creationists partly helped Darwin to conceive and propagate his ideas. In conclusion, creationists aren't morons.

gotizsata:

@OLAADEGBU

The message this image portrays is misleading. Both Creationism and Evolution start with a framework and interpret data within that framework. that's why they draw different conclusions from the same data (e.g fossils, rocks e.t.c) Origins science (which Evolution and Creationism are a part of) works that way. In this way they differ from hard sciences such as Physics and Chemistry. On a second note, starting with a conclusion and collecting data to support it is used in science. Karl Popper called this method verifiability.
Re: The Descendant Of Apes by UyiIredia(m): 6:49pm On Nov 23, 2011
Malstrom:

It does require God to make life happen from lifeless matter. Molecule to man might not be necessary but that does not mean its not possible. God could have developed life on earth through such a process. [b]How else do we explain the gradually changing of species over long periods in time, [/b]how do we explain the gradual change in appearance in humans as we go further and further back in time. And the Neanderthals?? That's not apes and but its not exactly like modern humans or "Homo sapiens" undecided

Why are living species discontinuous ? The species list should consist of gradual change in body plan across various classes of species. Instead they are discretely separated. Be careful your answer isn't the same-old cop-out evolutionists use.
Re: The Descendant Of Apes by Kay17: 7:09pm On Nov 23, 2011
Science assumes a natural cause, creationism does not.
Re: The Descendant Of Apes by thehomer: 8:46pm On Nov 23, 2011
Uyi Iredia:

Back this up.

Back what up. You already pointed out that you were a young earth creationist and that you believe in intelligent design creationism. What more do you want?

Uyi Iredia:

That's your business

What are you afraid you God won't listen to you too? Maybe he's gone deaf again.

Uyi Iredia:

Then give your explanation.

I'll do that when I have an idea of the sense you're trying to make with your statements.
Re: The Descendant Of Apes by EvilBrain1(m): 9:26pm On Nov 23, 2011
Uyi Iredia:

Why are living species discontinuous ? The species list should consist of gradual change in body plan across various classes of species. Instead they are discretely separated. Be careful your answer isn't the same-old cop-out evolutionists use.

Living species are not discontinuous. The tetrapod body plan (consisting of a head, neck, trunk, 4 limbs and a tail) for instance is seen in all mammals, birds, reptiles and amphibians as well as in the fossil record going back all the way to the Devonian period 400million years ago. If you were to compare a human upper limb to that of a T. rex dinosaur, you'll find that both have a flat scapula, a coracle/coracoid process, a single proximal long bone (the humerus), 2 distal long bones (ulna and radius), 2 layers of rounded carpal bones, long metacarpals and fingers consisting of 2 or 3 phlanges.

Even when you compare humans and fish, you can clearly see the same body plan: all but the most primitive fish have a head, a neck, pectoral and pelvic fins (analogous to the upper and lower limbs) and a tail. Plus it's nearly impossible to differentiate visually between an early human embryo and an early fish embryo. Both have primordial gills, a 2-chambered heart, primitive kidneys and and a long tail.

If you really think that living species are discontinuous, then you don't know the first thing about biology and need to go back to secondary school.
Re: The Descendant Of Apes by folaski: 10:40pm On Nov 23, 2011
^^ i love the way you discribed those beautifuly designed animals. That is to show us how God sequencially created other forms of life before human beings were made
Re: The Descendant Of Apes by EvilBrain1(m): 12:49am On Nov 24, 2011
folaski:

^^ i love the way you discribed those beautifuly designed animals. That is to show us how God sequencially created other forms of life before human beings were made

I've tried my best to explain things to you people in simple english so that you can see reason and stop denying all the glaring evidence of evolution. But it seems that you guys are willfully blind and totally immune to logic. I'm tired! You people are beyond my help. Believe whatever fairytale you like. Believe that we all came from dirt and magic or that the sun sets in a swamp somewhere if you want.

But for the sake of Nigeria's future, stop spreading your ignorance here on Nairaland. There are young impressionable minds reading this stuff. You could be turning future Nobel laureates into blubbering fundamentalist idiöts with this stuff you keep posting.

Abeg, please!!!
Re: The Descendant Of Apes by folaski: 7:25am On Nov 24, 2011
^^you expect me to dump my faith for your fable? You seems to have forgoten that a fact in science today may be debunked tomorrow and those that have believed that "fact" would be disapointed. I cant base this one life of mine on scientific uncertainties. The consequence of what we are talking about is eternal. Religious claims have been very consistent & very reasuring.
Re: The Descendant Of Apes by Kay17: 7:56am On Nov 24, 2011
^^your stagnant facts come with the help of your blindness
Re: The Descendant Of Apes by EvilBrain1(m): 10:05am On Nov 24, 2011
folaski:

^^you expect me to dump my faith for your fable? You seems to have forgoten that a fact in science today may be debunked tomorrow and those that have believed that "fact" would be disapointed. I cant base this one life of mine on scientific uncertainties. The consequence of what we are talking about is eternal. Religious claims have been very consistent & very reasuring.

I expect you to stop believing in stories just because you pastor told you or because its written in some old book (which has bee heavily redacted, edited and mistranslated by countless persons unknown). I expect you to base your beliefs on the best available evidence and to test them through logic and experimentation whenever possible. Question everything. Including the "holy scriptures". Stop being afraid of changing your beliefs. Don't just cover your ears and sing "la la la" when you hear something that contradicts your faith.

Also, if you really think "religious claims have been very consistent" then you don't know the first thing about your religion or history. This applies to all religions mind you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Wearing Rings On The Toes To Church / Artificial Insemination By A Single Lady Is Unnatural And A Sin. / Enoch Adeboye Celebrates His 82nd Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.