Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,893 members, 7,962,884 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 07:16 PM

IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! - Phones (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! (78250 Views)

Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: / Help'any Update On How Unlocking Iphone 4 Ios 5.1.1,modem Firmware 04.12.01 / Apple Is Due To Release "Ios 6" What Are Your Expectations? Lets Share (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 28, 2011
greymatter:

Pls everyone, i've got a prob. I just downloaded some apps from a friend's system, now when i try to sync my apps on my own itunes, i'm threatened by a message that everything on the phone will be erased. I've tried "transfering purchases", but i get an error message telling me my computer is not authorised. What can I do PLEASE.
Thanx
Thats to show u how organised d itunes is. U cant xfer apps from another user ID from another system if the buyer has not authorised it. Tell d person to authorise ur system or download urs with ur ID.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Dabss(m): 12:47pm On Dec 28, 2011
Help pls!!!
After upgrading to ios 5.01, i wanted to install my tweaks but it keep tell me that it cannot comply ' depends: preferenceloader>2.0
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 1:16pm On Dec 28, 2011
^^refresh cydia
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Daffydoc: 2:34pm On Dec 28, 2011
Any 1 knows how the drifta app (4 dstv) works?
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Dabss(m): 2:47pm On Dec 28, 2011
Daffydoc:

yea but you need the drifta dstv wifi router to watch with an idevice
tumababa:

^^refresh cydia
i did it solve your problem cos mine still did not allow me install things like sbssettings. Action menu celeste etc. it will just stop at the comfirmation page and tell you that it cannot comply.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Dabss(m): 2:48pm On Dec 28, 2011
Daffydoc:

yea but you need the drifta dstv wifi router to watch with an idevice
tumababa:

^^refresh cydia
i did it solve your problem cos mine still did not allow me install things like sbssettings. Action menu celeste etc. it will just stop at the comfirmation page and tell you that it cannot comply.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Daffydoc: 3:02pm On Dec 28, 2011
Does dat mean u need an Internet connection to use d drifta?
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 3:35pm On Dec 28, 2011
how did u jailbreak?
Da_b¤§§.:

yea but you need the drifta dstv wifi router to watch with an idevice i did it solve your problem cos mine still did not allow me install things like sbssettings. Action menu celeste etc. it will just stop at the comfirmation page and tell you that it cannot comply.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Dabss(m): 5:35pm On Dec 28, 2011
tumababa:

how did u jailbreak?
lol
I told you i wanted to download stuffs from CYDIA
Shebi cydia means it has jailbroken? Lol
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 28, 2011
[/quote]
tumababa:

how did u jailbreak?
[quote author=Da_b¤§§. link=topic=778479.msg9851198#msg9851198 date=1325090105]
lol
I told you i wanted to download stuffs from CYDIA
Shebi cydia means it has jailbroken? Lol

oga i'm asking u HOW u jailbroke not if u are jailbroken.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Dabss(m): 10:58pm On Dec 28, 2011
Sorry sir my bad. I now understand what you mean by refresh cydia. I did not download the packages complectly because my connection was not stable. that was why i was getting those errors.
Thanks bro
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 11:00pm On Dec 28, 2011
^^^so everything is ok?
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Suntemi(m): 4:59am On Dec 29, 2011
Daffydoc:

Does dat mean u need an Internet connection to use d drifta?

I don't think so, but drifta only work only NON-JAILBROKEN iPhone.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 5:28am On Dec 29, 2011
sun_temi:

I don't think so, but drifta only work only NON-JAILBROKEN iPhone.
I can make it work on jailbroken iphones
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Dabss(m): 10:12am On Dec 29, 2011
tumababa:

^^^so everything is ok?
almost okay.
It gets better every time i refresh. Ultrasnow said its because of the large numb of people using cydia after the untethered release.
tumababa:

I can make it work on jailbroken iphones
yes there is a cracked version that can works on jailbroken iphones
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Suntemi(m): 11:33pm On Dec 29, 2011
Da_b¤§§.:

yes there is a cracked version that can works on jailbroken iphones

Good to hear, I've never own one.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by richkids1(m): 4:11pm On Dec 30, 2011
For latest Cydia jailbreaking news and guides, I think you should check (techatlast.com + untethered jailbreak on Google)

I avoid displaying the link because of spamming rules, it is good to abide by rules and regulations.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 6:59am On Jan 05, 2012
Iphone 4S/ipad2 jailbreak coming soon,
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Dabss(m): 10:31am On Jan 05, 2012
Tumababa do you have celeste on ur ios 5?
Pog2g is realesing untethered jailbreak for ipad2 and iphone4s next week.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jan 05, 2012
Da_b¤§§.:

Tumababa do you have celeste on your ios 5?
Pog2g is realesing untethered jailbreak for ipad2 and iphone4s next week.
Bought it on ios 433 but didnt use it so didnt bother to install on ios5 so dont know if it works
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jan 05, 2012
PLEASED TO INFORM YOU ALL that GEVEY ULTRA can now be used on ios 5.0.1 (with preserved baseband) without the need of dialing 112. Just tried the latest furiousmod in cydia and it worked perfectly. The repo is cydia.myrepospace.com/squuiid.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jan 05, 2012
tumababa:

PLEASED TO INFORM YOU ALL that GEVEY ULTRA can now be used on ios 5.0.1 (with preserved baseband) without the need of dialing 112. Just tried the latest furiousmod in cydia and it worked perfectly. The repo is cydia.myrepospace.com/squuiid.

Full credit goes to phony200 who alerted me on d update and volunteered his iphone4 for the test. His locked iphone is now running ios501,bb 4.10, unlocked with gevey ultra and gets network automatically without dialling 112.

Thanks bro for the info
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Phony200(m): 3:59pm On Jan 05, 2012
^^Pleased to be your scapegoat, lol. Up next is the iphone 4s Jailbreak
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by MrTA(m): 4:20pm On Jan 05, 2012
They need to hurry up with untethered jb for ipad2! cry
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Suntemi(m): 4:40pm On Jan 05, 2012
Mr_TA:

Sowi sir. soon undecided
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jan 05, 2012
Mr_TA:

I will advice iphone 4S/Ipad2 owners who are interested in jailbreaking their devices to update to ios 501 now cos when they release d jb i am sure apple will release an upgrade dat will patch it almost immediately. Once a new update is released, u might not be able to update to d jailbreakable ios again.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by ise82(m): 11:30am On Jan 06, 2012
Pls. Is it safe to upgrade my iphone 4 to ios 5? I'm using rebel sim. I will like to jailbreak too. Pls. I will appreciate any help. Thanks!
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Suntemi(m): 1:24pm On Jan 06, 2012
ise82:

Pls. Is it safe to upgrade my iphone 4 to ios 5? I'm using rebel sim. I will like to jailbreak too. Pls. I will appreciate any help. Thanks!

Since, you are using rebel sim, make sure you preserve your baseband while upgrading to iOS 5. If you don't [/b]know much about preserving baseband while upgrading, I think you should let someone that knows how to do it do it for you, if not you [b]may end up upgrading your baseband and at the end your iPhone 4 will be just like an iPod Touch 4.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jan 07, 2012
tumababa:

I will advice iphone 4S/Ipad2 owners who are interested in jailbreaking their devices to update to ios 501 now cos when they release d jb i am sure apple will release an upgrade dat will patch it almost immediately. Once a new update is released, u might not be able to update to d jailbreakable ios again.
Please note that if u v an ipad2 on 4.3.3, and u are jailbroken, pls don't upgrade yet ooo. U can upgrade immediately they jailbreak ios501 but not now(due to obvious reason grin). But If u av any other iOS running on ur ipad2 and u need to jailbreak, upgrade now to 501, and wait for it. Anybody that jailbroke their ipad2 thru me then will get a free upgrade and jailbreak on ios501 when released.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by ise82(m): 4:52pm On Jan 08, 2012
Kk. Thanks for d warning! I'm currently on 4.2.1 and I will like to jailbreak and upgrade to 4.3 because I need to install garage band which requires ios 4.3 to run. I will be glad if any one could explain to me how I can jailbreak and upgrade as well. Thanks!
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Suntemi(m): 6:47pm On Jan 08, 2012
ise82:

Kk. Thanks for d warning! I'm currently on 4.2.1 and I will like to jailbreak and upgrade to 4.3 because I need to install garage band which requires ios 4.3 to run. I will be glad if any one could explain to me how I can jailbreak and upgrade as well. Thanks!

Ok, if you got your iPhone newly, it is possible you don't have 4.3 shsh if you've never jailbreak before that simply means you cannot upgrade to iOS 4.3. Anyway you are still in luck, Apple is still signing iOS 5.0.1 and 5.0.1 is fully jailbroken which means you can still upgrade to iOS 5.0.1 now and have an untethered jailbreak. But remember, if you rely on Gevey or Rebel to unlock your iPhone 4, make sure you preserve your baseband while upgrading so that you don't lose your unlock.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by ise82(m): 9:25pm On Jan 08, 2012
Thanks!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (28) (Reply)

Glo Introduces New Data Plan. 2GB For N500, 4GB For N1000, 180GB For N20,000 / 2GO Users: Drop Your 2go Problems Here And Get It Solved / Itel Mobile Unveils A31 - In Its Quest To Provide Android Phones For Everyone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.