Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,857 members, 7,962,813 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 05:15 PM

IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! - Phones (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! (78249 Views)

Blackberry 10 Is Better Than iOS 6. 10 Reasons: / Help'any Update On How Unlocking Iphone 4 Ios 5.1.1,modem Firmware 04.12.01 / Apple Is Due To Release "Ios 6" What Are Your Expectations? Lets Share (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by softtouch2(m): 6:12pm On Dec 06, 2011
More headache for locked-phone buyers, invariably "cheap iPhone buyers" grin grin
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by SailorXY: 9:44pm On Dec 07, 2011
@OP are u sayin there is no solution once a jailbroken iphone 4 is upgraded to ios5 embarassed cry
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by SailorXY: 9:47pm On Dec 07, 2011
NB, i dont use any chip.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Suntemi(m): 6:38am On Dec 08, 2011
SailorXY, You said it shows "insert an open sim witout a pin code to activate device" so just insert your sim card and connect to iTunes to activate and you are good to go. But if you get, insert a valid sim after inserting your sim, that means you bought a software unlocked iPhone 4. You said you have ungraded to iOS 5. Do u preserve the baseband? if not, brother, I'm sorry to say this. You now have an iPod Touch in form of an iPhone 4 because your baseband will now be 04.11.08 which is currently not unlokcable.

That is what soft-touch means when he said "More headache for locked-phone buyers, invariably "cheap iPhone buyers"
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by elrony(m): 1:01pm On Dec 08, 2011
tumababa:

ANOTHER WARNING TO 3GS USERS

FWIW, reading the comments on jailbreakqa, i found this:

"All 3GS after 36 week(SEPT 5 AND ABOVE (including) of 2011 are completely DEAD, when you install iPad baseband on them. 35 week 3GS with 4.3.5 works WELL with iPad baseband, even after downgrading on 4.1. I have several new AT_T 3GS, so i have checked this and this is 100% confirmed. Now it is clear, that Apple changed some hardware part of 3GS after 36 week. So if you have 35 week new 3GS - don't be afraid, downgrade it to 4.1 and install iPad baseband. If it is 36 week or later - forget about ipad baseband"

I hope readers/users will be extremely cautious when dealing with ipad 06.15.00 Baseband

to know the week your 3gs was produced, go to settings- general- about page, u will see serial number
XX040XXXXXX. THE 3rd,4th AND 5th DIGITS are what represent d date of production. 3rd one is d yr. "0" stands for 2010."1" stands for 2011. 4th and 5th is d week, so the "40" stands for week 40. so "040" means week 40 of 2010( that is around oct4-oct10 2010).

SO WEEK 36 OF 2011 WILL HAVE SERIAL NUMBER THAT LOOKS LIKE XX136XXXXXX. if u want to buy a locked 3gs and they tell u dat u can unlock it, first chect the serial number. If less dan 136, u can unlock, if more than 136 u will kill d fone. u wont even be able to use it as ipod.

Lolz my 3GS wz produced in week 34 of 2010, Current baseband is 05.13.04 , am I safe for any new upgrade? At least b4 I get an i4
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 1:05pm On Dec 08, 2011
elrony:

Lolz my 3GS wz produced in week 34 of 2010, Current baseband is 05.13.04 , am I safe for any new upgrade? At least b4 I get an i4
UR IPHONE 3GS HAS THE BEST CONFIG THAT CAN BE UPGRADED. BE CAREFULL THOUGH, any mistake will upgrade ur bb. usnowbreeze to preserve the baseband. also make sure ur shsh is saved
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 1:15pm On Dec 08, 2011
elrony:

again u av new bootrom so if u can leave with a tethered jb, upgrade. if not, stay where u are.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by elrony(m): 1:39pm On Dec 08, 2011
tumababa:

again u av new bootrom so if u can leave with a tethered jb, upgrade. if not, stay where u are.

Thnx boss, I gat ios 4.1 saved in shsh, enjoying my 4.0.2 tho

Lolz amma leave d upgrading in d hands ov pro like una,hehe
Nah, I no want any tethered stuff lol
Thnx again boss
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by SailorXY: 9:19pm On Dec 08, 2011
lollzz thanks all the same grin grin grin
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by omicpet(m): 12:05am On Dec 09, 2011
Na own iPhone 3GS 32gb is totally factory unlocked and am still on bb 05.16.02 plus am on tethered iOS 5 I.e I can't turn on and off ma phone anytime. It's for sell sha
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Suntemi(m): 9:42am On Dec 09, 2011
omicpet:

Na own iPhone 3GS 32gb is totally factory unlocked and am still on bb 05.16.02 plus am on tethered iOS 5 I.e I can't turn on and off ma phone anytime. It's for sell sha

HOw much?
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by SailorXY: 11:47pm On Dec 09, 2011
d ios5 can be unlocked and jailbroken shocked cool grin cheesy
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Dabss(m): 11:54pm On Dec 09, 2011
I Just got this mail from ultrasnow
Just after Pod2G shared iOS 5 untethered jailbreak demoed video, today and just after these release of the video, today Pod2G also tweeted on his Twitter account saying that the Chronic Dev Team's untethered jailbreak for iOS 5 will in fact work on iOS 5.0.1. I suggest that anyone using iOS 4 still upgrades to iOS 5.0.1 so that you won't be trapped in the upcoming iOS 5.1 update. That will in fact not be supported with this tool.

Of course these is a good news for all Apple users, and we again say that iOS 5 untethered jailbreak will work on iPhone 4,iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 4G and iPad 1, but until now Chronic Dev Team hasn't yet confirmed anything about if the jailbreak will come to iPhone 4S and iPad 2 because they have A5 processor, but anyway Pod2G will test the jailbreak on both iPad 2 and iPhone 4S, we will keep you updated with any news from him, stay tuned,
If u are still on ios 4x pls upgrde now before 5.1 is out.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by elrony(m): 1:00am On Dec 10, 2011
does diz mean dat there is now untethered jb for ios 5.0 abi 5.0.1
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Dabss(m): 2:05am On Dec 10, 2011
Yes but not to the public yet.
I said apple patched the exploit in 5.1 so if you are not on 5.01 b4 13 dec. SORRY
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by coogar: 2:08am On Dec 10, 2011
Da_b¤§§.:

I Just got this mail from ultrasnow
Just after Pod2G shared iOS 5 untethered jailbreak demoed video, today and just after these release of the video, today Pod2G also tweeted on his Twitter account saying that the Chronic Dev Team's untethered jailbreak for iOS 5 will in fact work on iOS 5.0.1. I suggest that anyone using iOS 4 still upgrades to iOS 5.0.1 so that you won't be trapped in the upcoming iOS 5.1 update. That will in fact not be supported with this tool.

Of course these is a good news for all Apple users, and we again say that iOS 5 untethered jailbreak will work on iPhone 4,iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 4G and iPad 1, but until now Chronic Dev Team hasn't yet confirmed anything about if the jailbreak will come to iPhone 4S and iPad 2 because they have A5 processor, but anyway Pod2G will test the jailbreak on both iPad 2 and iPhone 4S, we will keep you updated with any news from him, stay tuned,
If u are still on ios 4x pls upgrde now before 5.1 is out.

cheiiii, see the lives of jailbreakers. grin cheesy grin
apple has cornered y'all finally. before you get the ideas to catch up with them, they would release another patch that will set y'all back another few months.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by softtouch2(m): 6:43am On Dec 10, 2011
Da_b¤§§.:

Yes but not to the public yet.
I said apple patched the exploit in 5.1 so if you are not on 5.01 b4 13 dec. SORRY
You can now downgrade back to your present iOS 5.x.x version with the new iFaith and TinyUmbrella.

iFaith has been updated to stitch your save SHSH blob to the ATP ticket for the iOS version, likewise, the new tinyUmbrella.
If you wish to downgrade back to ur current version of iOS 5, re-save your SHSH blob now with these updated tools. iH8Sn0w demonstrated this about 3days ago.
MuscleNerd later twitted about the New Redsn0w that with handle the downgrade with SHSH blob+APT ticket.

Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by blackx: 7:53pm On Dec 10, 2011
Hi NL. i just got an offer to buy an iphone 3g. the price is very reasonable so i'm tempted. bt considering the fact the phone model has been discontinued and it can't pgrade to ios5, i'm wondering if it would be a good buy.
please i need advice. whats the downside of getting an iphone 3g, can i get good apps to run on it, ?
would appreciate all input. TY
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Suntemi(m): 8:25pm On Dec 10, 2011
blackx , If you are buying an iPhone, if it is not iPhone 3Gs and above, I will advice you don't buy it. iPhone 3G is too slow
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Dabss(m): 12:04am On Dec 11, 2011
^^^^^
does the ios5/5.01 battery drain affect other non 4s iphones?
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Suntemi(m): 6:34am On Dec 11, 2011
yes
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Daffydoc: 11:47am On Dec 11, 2011
1. Is there anyway possible to download songs directly from d web without iTunes?
2. How do I download paid apps for free?(need detailed help,pls?)
3. How do I download large apps without using wifi? Tnx guys
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 6:17am On Dec 12, 2011
With iOS 5 untethered jailbreak on it's way, iOS 4.3.3 is about to loose it's position as the best iOS for jailbreak lovers. grin grin
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Dabss(m): 7:35am On Dec 12, 2011
tumababa i have downloaded ios 5.01 from limera1n i want to know if i will restore with the ios file with itunes or with redsnow?
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 7:45am On Dec 12, 2011
Da_b¤§§.:

tumababa i have downloaded ios 5.01 from limera1n i want to know if i will restore with the ios file with itunes or with redsnow?
Did u download stock 501 or custom? Is ur iPhone factory unlocked? Anyway, u restore with itines, restore straight only if ur fone is factory unlocked.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Suntemi(m): 7:56am On Dec 12, 2011
tumababa:

With iOS 5 untethered jailbreak on it's way, iOS 4.3.3 is about to loose it's position as the best iOS for jailbreak lovers. grin grin

I don't think so because some are still having battery drainage issue on iOS 5.0.1 and if the jailbreak isn't 'web based' like jailbreakme, many will still find it difficult doing it themselves. I know so many iPhone users who don't know how to put their phone in DFU mode.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 8:51am On Dec 12, 2011
sun_temi:

I don't think so because some are still having battery drainage issue on iOS 5.0.1 and if the jailbreak isn't 'web based' like jailbreakme, many will still find it difficult doing it themselves. I know so many iPhone users who don't know how to put their phone in DFU mode.
That's y we are here to help  grin grin. It's going to b web based. Infact most likely, u will need to activate before u can jb. Again, JAILBREAKING is just a step, knowing what to install is another thing.
Battery drainage has been with d iPhone since. If u want to enjoy ur iPhone after upgrade, set it up as new.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Suntemi(m): 9:04am On Dec 12, 2011
I hear you o
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Dabss(m): 11:36am On Dec 12, 2011
Yes my iphone is factory unlocked. I will just upgrde for now then i will wait for untethered jailbreak.
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by elrony(m): 11:43am On Dec 12, 2011
tumbaba and sun temi, e be lyk say na una go help me do all dis 5.0.x ish, its better for dem profs to handle dan moi!!! grin grin grin wink
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Suntemi(m): 12:56pm On Dec 12, 2011
I'm not a pro, I'm still learning too. So how do I help you with the iOS 5.0.1
Re: IOS 5/IOS 6/IOS 7 Update: Warning To All IPhone/IPad Users! by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 12, 2011
Da_b¤§§.:

Yes my iphone is factory unlocked. I will just upgrde for now then i will wait for untethered jailbreak.
Just connect to the latest iTunes with Internet, hold down d shift button and click restore, look for the 501 u downloaded and select, leave iTunes to do the rest

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (28) (Reply)

Glo Introduces New Data Plan. 2GB For N500, 4GB For N1000, 180GB For N20,000 / 2GO Users: Drop Your 2go Problems Here And Get It Solved / Itel Mobile Unveils A31 - In Its Quest To Provide Android Phones For Everyone

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.