Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,836 members, 7,966,090 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 09:04 AM

How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? (11588 Views)

My Sister Has Been Finding It Difficult To Forgive Our Aunt. / My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House / The Most Difficult Age For Any Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by Harddiskng(m): 3:01pm On Aug 24, 2023
Starships4u:
By leaving them!

You couldn’t have said it better.

You have only one life to live, why spend it with someone that makes it difficult.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Aug 24, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:
You simply don't.
What is there to love? undecided
I can never be an emotional MESSIAH to save a loveless soul.
I love myself too much fot that kind or level of degenerate 'struggle love'.

No apologies! kiss

My grand mother did not do such
My mother did not do such
Not in my genes. . . sorry! kiss

That can only the cross of 'religious people' who are brain-washed to think they are doing the work of their 'lord' grin

Tufiakwa!
Wahaluuur...i see you sis.
Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by folake4u(f): 3:01pm On Aug 24, 2023
By leaving them alone.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by jayAjoku(m): 3:03pm On Aug 24, 2023
Jazmine10:
Can you bond with an inaminate object? And yes you can bond and build intimacy with an unnecessarily rude customer care rep, hence @op can love his partner who does not have sensesense altruisticly. Nobody's totally useless and nobody's above polishing or made to have sense. Thing is folks need perfection nowadays and tend to run rather than invest in relationship to make it work. Wetin carry op go be with the person in the first place? His partner is illiterate or ignorant or beyond being educated or brushed up?
Good for you if you want to be polishing some people know they need it but choose not to so it’s none of my business sha me no like difficulty
Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by Emmanuel30a: 3:07pm On Aug 24, 2023
Jazmine10:
This made me laugh really. Thank you for the humour. Kobojunkie coman interpret at Emmanuel30a poem.
Let me see how much you laughs/laughed..., how much of your laughs and how much you can laughs... I want to see if you can laughs as a Giraffe, as much as a Giraffe or like a Giraffe,etc; until you have a graph and paragraph in The Telegraph... Let me see your scarf/your scarfs... How old is your scarf or how old are your scarfs...? Were they carved...,or WHO carves/who carved your scarfs...? Who would carves or who can carves your scarfs,etc; that is like a Giraffe or that is a Giraffe scarf/like a Giraffe scarfs...? Me...? I hope you are not using that Giraffe scarf/that Giraffe like scarf to laughs, or hope you are not laughing/don't want to laughs with that Giraffe scarf...? I don't want to use your Giraffe scarfs/that your Giraffe scarfs,etc; to laugh..., or is it use it and laugh...? Should I use it and laughs or I should it to laughs...?...
Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by Kobojunkiee: 3:08pm On Aug 24, 2023
Jazmine10:
Ezugbo phantom love. Romantic love is not a fleeting shadow hence GOD will not command men to love their wives whether she lacks common sense or not. Nigerian men una just be different breed.
God did not do such a thing. Rather, Paul suggested that to you for reasons best known to him. But guess what, If you claim to be a follower of Jesus Christ, you cannot love your wife and children more than you love strangers. Such an act amounts to sin against God who instead said you are to abandon your father, mother, husband, wife, children, etc. if you want to become worthy of Him - Matthew 10 vs 34 -39. undecided
Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by GOSPELTRUTH31: 3:08pm On Aug 24, 2023
Chironks:
Love is beautiful, however, it can be challenging to manage.

How can one look past the partners' flaws and love them regardless?

Flaws in this context is when a partner lacks common sense.

When you struggle to love someone then you must be a Slave!

God had to let Devil go bec5 he was struggling to love him in his fallen and Difficult nature

Don't be a slave in the name of Delusion.

Be wise!
Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Aug 24, 2023
Emmanuel30a:
Let me see how much you laughs/laughed..., how much of your laughs and how much you can laughs... I want see if you can laughs as or like a giraffe,etc; until you have a graph and paragraph in The Telegraph... Let me see your scarf/your scarfs... How old is your scarf or how old are your scarfs...? Were they carved...,or WHO carves/carved your scarfs...? Who would carves or who can carves your scarfs,etc; that is like a Giraffe or that is a Giraffe scarf...? Me...? I hope you are not using that Giraffe scarf/Giraffe like scarf to laughs, or hope you are not laughing/don't want to laughs with that Giraffe scarf...? I don't want to use your Giraffe scarfs/that your Giraffe scarfs,etc; to laugh..., or is it use it and laugh...? Should I use it and laughs or I should it to laughs...?...
What?! May the remainder of your day be filled with laughter as you make others laugh. Cheers.
Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by prophetfire: 3:10pm On Aug 24, 2023
Jazmine10:
Ezugbo phantom love. Romantic love is not a fleeting shadow hence GOD will not command men to love their wives whether she lacks common sense or not. Nigerian men una just be different breed.
Well, you that's preaching love don't know what love is because if you knew, you would have understood what I mean by romantic love as opposed to agape love.
That's the reason why many of you destroy yourselves for abusive marriages because you don't know the real love descriptions.
Love isn't blind and love has common sense and should pass the test of objective analysis.
NO GO KEE YOURSELF FOR PHANTOM LOVE. grin
Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by Emmanuel30a: 3:11pm On Aug 24, 2023
Jazmine10:
What?! May the remainder of your day be filled with laughter as you make others laugh. Cheers.
Oda naa ooo... Come, let laughs together... I wants to laugh with you or together with you...? Yes! Come face to face... Come now now...
Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by Kobojunkiee: 3:13pm On Aug 24, 2023
GOSPELTRUTH31:
When you struggle to love someone then you must be a Slave! God had to let Devil go bec5 he was struggling to love him in his fallen and Difficult nature Don't be a slave in the name of Delusion. Be wise!
Stop lying! undecided
Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 24, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
God did not do such a thing. Rather, Paul suggested that to you for reasons best known to him. But guess what, If you claim to be a follower of Jesus Christ, you cannot love your wife and children more than you love strangers. Such an act amounts to sin against God who instead said you are to abandon your father, mother, husband, wife, children, etc. if you want to become worthy of Him - Matthew 10 vs 34 -39. undecided
The Command: Ephesians 5:25-29: Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy...
Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by Kobojunkiee: 3:17pm On Aug 24, 2023
Jazmine10:
■ The Command: Ephesians 5:25-29: Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy...
That wasn't a command given to you by God nor by Jesus Christ. That was instead a suggestion supposedly made by Paul. As I made clear, any other kind of love aside from the one prescribed in detail— terms and conditions— of the Gospel teachings(and commandments) of Jesus Christ is a sin against God. Basically, if you show your wife more love than you show your next-door neighbor or the stranger you have never met, that love has absolutely nothing to do with God and may constitute sin against God who instead prescribed that you love others exactly as you would like for them to love you and that you love your enemies more. undecided

What am I saying? Before you dive into taking advice from Paul, make sure you understand the agreement as laid down by Jesus Christ to you. Then weigh your understanding of what Paul said against that to find out whether that advice will work for or against you at the end of the day. undecided
Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Aug 24, 2023
prophetfire:
Well, you that's preaching love don't know what love is because if you knew, you would have understood what I mean by romantic love as opposed to agape love.
That's the reason why many of you destroy yourselves for abusive marriages because you don't know the real love descriptions.
Love isn't blind and love has common sense and should pass the test of objective analysis.
NO GO KEE YOURSELF FOR PHANTOM LOVE. grin
I know Love. I have seen Love, i have experienced Love. I am Loved. You pray to experience it in your life to have a better understanding of life.
Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by GOSPELTRUTH31: 3:19pm On Aug 24, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
Stop lying! undecided
Tells us the truth
Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by Kobojunkiee: 3:20pm On Aug 24, 2023
GOSPELTRUTH31:

Tells us the truth
God never did what you claimed. You lied! undecided
Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Aug 24, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
That wasn't a command given to you by God nor by Jesus Christ. That was instead a suggestion supposedly made by Paul. As I made clear, any other kind of love aside from the one prescribed in detail— terms and conditions— of the Gospel teachings(and commandments) of Jesus Christ is a sin against God. Basically, if you show your wife more love than you show your next-door neighbor or the stranger you have never met, that love has absolutely nothing to do with God and may constitute sin against God who instead prescribed that you love others exactly as you would like for them to love you and that you love your enemies more. undecided
A suggestion by Paul? Now let me ask you this question, is the elect the bride of CHRIST if so? Does CHRIST Love HIS Bride? Herein lies the answer for CHRIST is our example whether suggestion of Paul or the actual words of The CHRIST. Now if You are an embodiment of Love, you already have the SPIRIT of CHRIST, you love thus you can love your neighbour, pray for your enemies etc eschewing the dictates of the flesh, now if you can do all these things, the same SPIRIT of CHRIST in You enables You to priotise CHRIST as Your first Love. We Love HIM because HE first Loved Us... Your gaze is constantly drawn to your Lover, "Looking unto JESUS the author and finisher of our Faith"... The SPIRIT is always drawing into that intimacy, then how can you place others Mother, Father, Child as your chief joy? You just Love because you embody love not from the tainted fallen perspective.
Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by phemmyfour: 3:22pm On Aug 24, 2023
Chironks:
Love is beautiful, however, it can be challenging to manage.

How can one look past the partners' flaws and love them regardless?

Flaws in this context is when a partner lacks common sense.
You just have to treat your partner like baby. Correct in patience and love

1 Like

Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by JohnnA1: 3:23pm On Aug 24, 2023
Jazmine10:
There is unconditional Love. There's unmerited Love. That bond a mother share's with her Baby is an example of what again? Hell was never designed for humans. Some humans willfully and disobediently and disregard for The Creator and Saviour choose hell.
Go and study your Bible!
THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE!
GET IT NOW!
Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by Emmanuel30a: 3:28pm On Aug 24, 2023
JohnnA1:
Go and study your Bible!
GET IT NOW!
Yes! I see or I get it...
Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by Kobojunkiee: 3:29pm On Aug 24, 2023
Jazmine10:
■ A suggestion by Paul? Now let me ask you this question, is the elect the bride of CHRIST if so? Does CHRIST Love HIS Bride?
■ Herein lies the answer for CHRIST is our example whether suggestion of Paul or the actual words of The CHRIST.
See how religion don mess people up so tay dem go confuse one thing with so many others all day long.

● The Elect refers to the special group of people God selected and sent out into the world over 1900 years ago from right there in His Jerusalem to gather His sheep from across every tribe, every language, and every nation back to Him by the time of the resurrection of Israel - Isaiah 66 vs 18 - 21. They are considered the first fruit of the Lamb. undecided
● The sheep — not the goats of Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46— aka Followers of Jesus Christ(this group includes the elect) are those who abide by the Law as put down by Jesus Christ. They are the ones loved by Jesus Christ - John 15 vs 9 - 11-and He loves them all equally. This is the group referred to as the bride of Jesus Christ. undecided

Christ's love for His bride does not explain Paul's suggestion because Christ's Love is as specified in the context of the document that is the Gospel which is God's Law. Christ's love entails blessings and promises including the reward of Heaven to those who love Him. Surely, you understand that a man cannot give the same blessings and promises including the reward of Heaven to another human being. undecided
Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Aug 24, 2023
JohnnA1:
Go and study your Bible!
GET IT NOW!
Oga, go and rest. Whatever you believe is true to you.
Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by Kobojunkiee: 3:33pm On Aug 24, 2023
Jazmine10:
■ Now if You are an embodiment of Love, you already have the SPIRIT of CHRIST, you love thus you can love your neighbour, pray for your enemies etc eschewing the dictates of the flesh, now if you can do all these things, the same SPIRIT of CHRIST in You enables You to priotise CHRIST as Your first Love. We Love HIM because HE first Loved Us... Your gaze is constantly drawn to your Lover, "Looking unto JESUS the author and finisher of our Faith"... The SPIRIT is always drawing into that intimacy, then how can you place others Mother, Father, Child as your chief joy? You just Love because you embody love not from the tainted fallen perspective.
1. Those are tales by moonlight stories fed to you by your pastors and mogs abeg! undecided

The reality is instead that you have to work every moment to discipline yourself into continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ. That is how you eventually become a Law-abiding citizen of the Kingdom of God — Holiness. And those who are holy, love each and every human the same regardless of their blood type or group. undecided
Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by Emmanuel30a: 3:33pm On Aug 24, 2023
Jazmine10:
There is unconditional Love. There's unmerited Love. That bond a mother share's with her Baby is an example of what again? Hell was never designed for humans. Some humans willfully and disobediently and disregard for The Creator and Saviour choose hell.
You are talking about mother and child...? Is it mother and child, or mother and baby...? Herein or therein..., you bleeped up... "Can a woman forgets his or her "suckling baby, his or her/a toddler...? Yes!..." No wonder, one woman asked Solomon or King Solomon,etc; to cut or divide a baby into two.. No LOVE beyond or above THE LOVE in JOHN 3-16... Don't abscond...or, before you would abscond and goes to THE BEYOND...; where they are/where is no yond and beyond...,read The Book of Exodus, ETC; in THE BIBLE or in THE HOLY BIBLE... Read your Bible or THE HOLY BIBLE, ETC; from The Book of Genesis to The Book of Revelation... before you would like to begins; or before you would begins to drink Gin and Orijin/Gin and Orijin,etc; and be claiming that, you are virgin... What does, what did/what would Gin and Orijin or Gin like Orijin,etc; do to a virgin...? I guess you don't know your gene and origin...? Did you knows your state of origin...? Stop talking or stop playing with/stop doing like a genie or like the genies... I remember that story or the story of The Ten Virgins,etc; in THE BIBLE or in THE HOLY BIBLE...
Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by JohnnA1: 3:35pm On Aug 24, 2023
Jazmine10:
Oga, go and rest. Whatever you believe is true to you.
Again.

There's no such thing as UNCONDITIONAL LOVE!
Go and STUDY (not just read) your Bible.

Nuff said...
Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 24, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
See how religion don mess people up so tay dem go confuse one thing with so many others all day long.

● The Elect refers to the special group of people God selected and sent out into the world over 1900 years ago from right there in His Jerusalem to gather His sheep from across every tribe, every language, and every nation back to Him by the time of the resurrection of Israel - Isaiah 66 vs 18 - 21. They are considered the first fruit of the Lamb. undecided
● The sheep — not the goats of Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46— aka Followers of Jesus Christ(this group includes the elect) are those who abide by the Law as put down by Jesus Christ. They are the ones loved by Jesus Christ - John 15 vs 9 - 11-and He loves them all equally. This is the group referred to as the bride of Jesus Christ. undecided

Christ's love for His bride does not explain Paul's suggestion because Christ's Love is as specified in the context of the document that is the Gospel which is God's Law. Christ's love entails blessings and promises including the reward of Heaven to those who love Him. Surely, you understand that a man cannot give the same blessings and promises including the reward of Heaven to another human being. undecided
I am not by any means religious. You my dear are the one whose had it messed up. Scripture is plain and simple. The Simplicity of GOD WORD even states "GOD is Love". It further reiterate that CHRIST died for the world. Is the world the Church, Bride or elect? Don't be smart by half. I am done here with this back and forth with you. My definite statements are solely for those seeking the path which only is in CHRIST. Married or not... In sin or saved. Cheers.
Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Aug 24, 2023
JohnnA1:
Again.

There's no such thing as UNCONDITIONAL LOVE!
Go and STUDY (not just read) your Bible.

Nuff said...
Be it unto you as you believe. Love is Love Love is unconditional. Let me ask you this, does your biological father or Mother love you unconditionally? As there is Love there is hate, as there is Life there's death as there's darkness there's Light. No You go and study, not read your Bible and i will give you specific reference to this matter. The Songs of Solomon precisely: sit on where the Shulammite hid herself from her Lover because her skin was dark, burned by the scorching sun and allow the light in your darkened heart, to fill it with Love.
Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by Kobojunkiee: 3:42pm On Aug 24, 2023
Jazmine10:
■ I am not by any means religious. You my dear are the one whose had it messed up. Scripture is plain and simple.
■ The Simplicity of GOD WORD even states "GOD is Love". It further reiterate that CHRIST died for the world. Is the world the Church, Bride or elect? Don't be smart by half. I am done here with this back and forth with you.
■ My definite statements are solely for those seeking the path which only is in CHRIST. Married or not... In sin or saved. Cheers.
You are not religious yet everything you continue to spew comes straight from the script that is a religious dogma that runs counter to Scripture? Come on now! undecided

2. Simplicity of God's Word? God's Word is a Law that comes complete with any approximately 100 teachings and commandments — the terms and conditions of the contractual relationship that God allows men to enter into with Him. That is what defines the Love of God for man. And according to God, it is those who obey His teachings and commandments that are loved by Him. That contract is what Jesus Christ means and is about. He told you this when He even said His blood was shed for that very contract/agreement to be made available to those who will sign up. undecided

3. Seeking a path which only is in Christ rejecting understanding of the very terms and conditions of the contract that is Jesus Christ? LOL.... religion ehn! undecided
Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by HussenAdul: 3:44pm On Aug 24, 2023
Love covers them all including the difficulties. One can only find or notice them when there is no more love.
Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by Jewessgratitud3: 3:44pm On Aug 24, 2023
It takes two to tango. Wetin carry you go near person wey no get common sense if the both of you weren't reasoning alike in the first place?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by Kobojunkiee: 3:46pm On Aug 24, 2023
Jazmine10:
■ Be it unto you as you believe. Love is Love Love is unconditional. Let me ask you this, does your biological father or Mother love you unconditionally? As there is Love there is hate, as there is Life there's death as there's darkness there's Light. No You go and study, not read your Bible and i will give you specific reference to this matter.
■ The Songs of Solomon precisely: sit on where the Shulammite hid herself from her Lover because her skin was dark, burned by the scorching sun and allow the light in your darkened heart, to fill it with Love.
But they can't do that, particularly in Nigeria. Most mothers and fathers, obsessed with raising children that are of their own blood, can't be said to love their children unconditionally. undecided

2. Stop deceiving yourself with the shulamite woman trash. No be the same Solomon dem write say him love 700 wives and 300 concubines put? Was the love of the Shulammite women not enough that he had to add so many more to get his heart's fill... against God's command that a King not have too many wives and concubines? Come on! undecided
Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by finallybusy: 3:46pm On Aug 24, 2023
Why will you punish yourself if not in a marriage with said partner? Life is not complicated, na we make am so.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bill Cosby? Father Figure or EX CAREER RAPIST? / How Do You Cope With A Wicked Mother In-law In The Same House?? / How Do I Handle This Issue (please Read)!!!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.