Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,932 members, 7,973,211 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 11:11 AM

Why Do White People Divorce So Frequently And For Flimsy Reasons? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do White People Divorce So Frequently And For Flimsy Reasons? (9206 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / why people divorce too much today / Why Do People Divorce? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do White People Divorce So Frequently And For Flimsy Reasons? by Shinatu: 2:12pm On Sep 15, 2009
Ceily:

You mean that the widower do not follow because he is missing his wife but because he do not want to do the laundry alone grin?

Kind regards,
Ceily

Oh yes, he misses her alright. the laundry, meals (special ones if he is diabetic ot hypertensive), nursing(if he is on medication), what do you think they mean when they say they miss their wives? Romance? grin
Re: Why Do White People Divorce So Frequently And For Flimsy Reasons? by Ceily(f): 8:15am On Sep 16, 2009
Oh yes, he misses her alright. the laundry, meals (special ones if he is diabetic ot hypertensive), nursing(if he is on medication), what do you think they mean when they say they miss their wives? Romance?

Lol. Some men are like that, not only in Africa, here in Europe, too. In an earlier posting I told about my grandfather who was an adulterer. My grandmother divorced from him and he had a second wife. The second wife died before him (in my opinion because she had to suffer too much because of my grandfather). So guess what he did as soon his second wife was burried: he called my grandmother asking her if she would marry him again.  cheesy

The whole family was very amused. My father asked him why he wanted my grandmother back. His answer was: because she has a driving license.

But people are different, men and women, black and whites. There are childish self-centered people, and there are responsible serious people everywhere. If my husband would die before me I would miss him because he is part of me. And I hope that I am part of him, too.

Bye,
Ceily
Re: Why Do White People Divorce So Frequently And For Flimsy Reasons? by Shinatu: 1:27pm On Sep 16, 2009
Ceily:

Lol. Some men are like that, not only in Africa, here in Europe, too. In an earlier posting I told about my grandfather who was an adulterer. My grandmother divorced from him and he had a second wife. The second wife died before him (in my opinion because she had to suffer too much because of my grandfather). So guess what he did as soon his second wife was burried: he called my grandmother asking her if she would marry him again. cheesy

The whole family was very amused. My father asked him why he wanted my grandmother back. His answer was: because she has a driving license.

But people are different, men and women, black and whites. There are childish self-centered people, and there are responsible serious people everywhere. If my husband would die before me I would miss him because he is part of me. And I hope that I am part of him, too.

Bye,
Ceily

He actualy said that? God have mercy!!!!!!1 grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do White People Divorce So Frequently And For Flimsy Reasons? by agathamari(f): 7:05pm On Sep 17, 2009
abuse, infidelity, pedophelia and criminal acts are flimsy reasons to divorce?  just because you guys brain wash women to allow you do do whatever you damn well please without her being able to complain doesnt mean everyone else would put up with it.  its far better to be alone then with someone who doesnt respect you
Re: Why Do White People Divorce So Frequently And For Flimsy Reasons? by REALTRUTH1: 12:39pm On Sep 20, 2009
,mama-gee:

White people are the Award-winning creatures for the most divorce rate in the history of marriage, sometimes they divorce because their husband/wife is accused of what he or she didn't do, they don't even wait for the investigation to finish, they are already in court for a divorce. Before you know it they are in court for a child custody battle, they marry witghout knowing each other that's why they divorce for avery stupid reasons, A woman would meet a man on Wednesday and marry him on Friday, A woman won't even know her so called husband is a killer, she marries him only to find out that the man is a killer, then she goes for divorce, how about getting to know him first before marriage, no they won't wait to know him, they'll just dive into church to get married, outrageous, outrageous, outrageous. angry angry angry
U re a lier,,,that is not true,,,do ur investigation very well,,,there re unprecedented increase in divorce in Nigeria,,,,U can go to any of the magistrate and customary court in Alimosho/Igando and Ikotun Egbe,,,,these areas in Lagos have the highest divorce rate in Nigeria,,,and with very high immoral happenings,,,,,,,,,
U lied again,,,where in the world did U find a white person that met within 3days and they are married
Re: Why Do White People Divorce So Frequently And For Flimsy Reasons? by typical: 1:18pm On Oct 09, 2009
REAL TRUTH:

U re a lier,,,that is not true,,,do your investigation very well,,,there re unprecedented increase in divorce in Nigeria,,,,U can go to any of the magistrate and customary court in Alimosho/Igando and Ikotun Egbe,,,,these areas in Lagos have the highest divorce rate in Nigeria,,,and with very high immoral happenings,,,,,,,,,
U lied again,,,where in the world did U find a white person that met within 3days and they are married

The unprecedented increase is still nowhere near the rate with white people
Re: Why Do White People Divorce So Frequently And For Flimsy Reasons? by saraj(f): 2:28am On Oct 10, 2009
Re: Why Do White People Divorce So Frequently And For Flimsy Reasons? by REALTRUTH1: 10:45am On Oct 10, 2009
sara j:

http://www.mapsofworld.com/world-top-ten/countries-with-lowest-divorce-rate.html

Why isn't Nigeria ranked in the top 10 here
Don't mind the poster,,,,U can even see with this refernce some white countries made it and only one country in africa made it to the top 10,,,,in most cases Nigerians lives in deception,lies and in self denial,,,,
I can't even count the number of people I know in naija that their marriage is right now messed up
Re: Why Do White People Divorce So Frequently And For Flimsy Reasons? by Leilah(f): 2:48pm On Oct 13, 2009
So if all Nigerians are living in loveless marriages why are they continously giving birth to children? they are always pregnant or planning to get pregnant! they obviously have a fantastic sex life grin
Re: Why Do White People Divorce So Frequently And For Flimsy Reasons? by Leilah(f): 2:50pm On Oct 13, 2009
Thats too funny Ceily about the drivers licence!!!!!!!!! grin grin
Re: Why Do White People Divorce So Frequently And For Flimsy Reasons? by adetoru(f): 10:57pm On Feb 17, 2010
Italian men are scared of marriage coz divorce in Italy favors the woman,so divorce rate is low there cuz the women know it's hard to find a man to marry grin
Re: Why Do White People Divorce So Frequently And For Flimsy Reasons? by soreola(f): 3:01am On Feb 18, 2010
Divorce rates are higher among westerners becos the society accepts it. I mean people can divorce becos of "unreconciliable differences" this is an extreme popular reason that is often listed on divorce papers. Another reason as to why divorce rate is high is because women are no longer enticed by their role of being a 'help-meet' to their husbands. They are looking for independence while in a union and they have rebelled against the idea of them always being the one that is doin everything. One thing they are yet to realize is that in performing their role they hold a lot of power. A man cannot hold his own for long or even properly withoutthe help of a woman. And in terms of endurance there is especially a phase in marriages around the first ten year where the man and woman cannot seem to stand each other. This is the point where endurance and tolerance is required. Woman and man in a marriage have to learn to tolerate each others shortcomings. And ladies one big word of advice, DON'T ever try to change ur man, u are just calling on problems to come and pay you a long visit,

Adios!!!
Re: Why Do White People Divorce So Frequently And For Flimsy Reasons? by vivaladiva(f): 4:50am On Feb 18, 2010
how many women in nigeria r happy in their so called marriages
women esp r bound by
cultural n traditional constrains
religious constrains
social constrains
economic constrains
family constrains
nigeria is a very patriacal society, where men rule and women just grovel in the mud
b4 people come her n make baseless statements, do some research
unfortunately many nigerians wld rather watch mtv base, bet, mtv cribs,ait n nigerian movies and so know next to nothing about the western culture n society
bout a month ago, the bbc showed a programmm about the changes in the british family life, i watched this programmm n i learnt a whole bunch of things that i cant be bothered to say on nl,cos its a complete waste of time. i really suggest that people read, watch documentaries, read journals to broaden their otherwise narrow perspective on issues, the bastard thing about this nl is u learn nothing, the voices of the many retards drown out the voices of those who actually have somin positive to contribute, pips sld deviate frm thinkin subjectively to thinkin objectively
Re: Why Do White People Divorce So Frequently And For Flimsy Reasons? by newbyhere: 3:05am On Jul 24, 2011
Hi, while I agree that reasons like marry too young, money, women having too many rights, etc are reasons for why whites divorce so much, and while religion traditions do keep many marriages together in other nations(albeit not anymore, as even religious ppl have their own problems as church marriages have a lot of divorce nowadays), the MAIN reasons for why whites divorce a lot is b/c of their infidelity and their lack of sacrifice for their spouses. In the beginning, all's well and warm and fuzzy, but when that novelty wears off, their minds stray, and they need a new partner for romance/sex. Also, it's ALWAYS about THEM, so selfishness and lack of attempt at making things work is also why they divorce. The former reason more so than the latter. I've also noticed this from non white women who marry white men. In the beginning, these white guys have a belief that we'll be together forever, "I love you forever,' etc, but wait another five or even 10 years down the road, and see what happens once that novelty wears off. Halle Berry, Garcelle Beauvois, and such actresses are women who were once married to white men but are now divorced; Salma Hayek's husband was found to have cheated on her; Prince Albert of Monaco dumped his African mistress, Nicole Coste, after he finished using her, even though they've a son together! Even in everyday life, I've met Hispanic and Americans black women who were dating/married to white men and they were dumped or had to dump their white guys b/c things didn't work out b/c these guys got tired of them, or b/c they mistreated their black/Hispanic/Asian girlfriends/wives. It boils down to white ppl's culture, where they go to bars, pick up girls and have one night stands with them. France is notorious for its party, AKA menage tois, and in Scandinavia, it's considered normal to have sex on the 1st date; we know about Eastern Europe and the mail order bride industry and prostitution being rampant there. Like I said before, all's beautiful and mushy in the beginning, but once the novelty wears off, they're gone, and need to have a new partner. it's especially worse for non white females to marry white males, b/c there's no security in marrying them. They can leave you in a heartbeat. Makes sense? I'd love to hear about your opinions.
Re: Why Do White People Divorce So Frequently And For Flimsy Reasons? by newbyhere: 3:14am On Jul 24, 2011
As we all know, white men are notorious for dumping their wives to marry a woman a decade younger than he is. There's no security to marrying them. White ppl all over the world have more divorce than ANY RACE.
Re: Why Do White People Divorce So Frequently And For Flimsy Reasons? by hildaa(f): 11:44am On Sep 14, 2011
Because they get married easily also

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Need To Know If She's Truly Pregnant / How Would You Advice I Spend My Salary(150k) / Kidnapped 6Yr Old Girl Kosi Akilo @ Enugu On Sunday May 13th 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.