Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,542 members, 7,944,608 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 08:03 PM

Why Do White People Divorce So Frequently And For Flimsy Reasons? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do White People Divorce So Frequently And For Flimsy Reasons? (9173 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / why people divorce too much today / Why Do People Divorce? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do White People Divorce So Frequently And For Flimsy Reasons? by dudubobo1: 10:06am On Sep 11, 2007
Why do white people divorce so frequently and for flimsy reasons?

Sometimes women divorce because they have fallen in love with someone else. Sometimes, they just dont love their partners again.
Some Africans in Diaspora are now beginning to copy the same thing. They will also suffer the depression and mental illnesses that the white people tend to have abundantly

1 Like

Re: Why Do White People Divorce So Frequently And For Flimsy Reasons? by BABEELOVE(f): 1:33pm On Sep 11, 2007
Because they are not hypocrites like most Africans.  They do not put up with any kind of shit!!!  When they discover[b] it [/b] is not working--the just "Dip it Low"------or------- "Drop it Like it's Hot"!!!!!!!

This life is only 2 days---the day you are born and the day you die.  Why be with someone you cannot stand to make love to?-----------The ultimate torture---just shoot me!!!! cry cry cry cry cry

No oh! Stay in an unhappy marriage and get "phocked" on an "as needed" basis-----when the drunken-person suddenly realizes that you have something between your legs -instead of on a full time basis!!!!  Rubbish!!!

It is all about respect baby!!!!! tongue

1 Like

Re: Why Do White People Divorce So Frequently And For Flimsy Reasons? by Banderas(m): 1:42pm On Sep 11, 2007
This is a rather weird post, cosidering that Africans have the highest growth rate of divorce rates in the world currently,
Re: Why Do White People Divorce So Frequently And For Flimsy Reasons? by BABEELOVE(f): 1:45pm On Sep 11, 2007
Banderas:

This is a rather weird post, considering that Africans have the highest rate of divorce rates in the world currently,

Chi ching!!!!  1000---gbosas for you!!!! grin  Na you talk am!!!!! cheesy  Do Africans even marry? They just shack up and start interbreeding polygamously, like cattle---so where does divorce come in here? undecided
Re: Why Do White People Divorce So Frequently And For Flimsy Reasons? by Banderas(m): 1:48pm On Sep 11, 2007
Sorry - I have changed my initial post. what I meant is that the highest increase in divorce rates is currently in Africa.

And by the way, the "shack up" is a form of marriage.
Re: Why Do White People Divorce So Frequently And For Flimsy Reasons? by NaJaHaJe(f): 4:05pm On Sep 11, 2007
because they are white!
Re: Why Do White People Divorce So Frequently And For Flimsy Reasons? by Leilah(f): 7:18pm On Sep 11, 2007
Use your heads the more money and power women have the less shit they will put up with. My mother and many other women in the 60's put up with cheating hubbys etc etc. Divorce was a death sentence then. Don't know about america, but whites in EU do NOT divorce for flimsy reasons their husbands simply respect them and have known them a long time. Some african women are beginning to put their foots down thats why divorce is on the rise.

1 Like

Re: Why Do White People Divorce So Frequently And For Flimsy Reasons? by Leilah(f): 7:21pm On Sep 11, 2007
No point in blaming whites.
Re: Why Do White People Divorce So Frequently And For Flimsy Reasons? by ssRhino: 11:29pm On Sep 11, 2007
cos they are not tough enuf to handle men's wahala and when they said " i love you", they mean i love you only now, but have no clue what could happen in the next few minutes, but when nija woman loves, she means till death do her path with the man, and even if the man dey maltreat her, she hang on to the home, which is a good thing, but sometimes, they gotta learn to let go, there are some marriage that aint worth punishing yourself for, i so much blv that we are all precious and need to enjoy life and not commit ourself to something that aint working, i am sure divorce cant be a good thing, but sometimes, it is without choice.
So whites dont have time for tomorrow go better, cos if today aint better, they move on to the next bidder

1 Like

Re: Why Do White People Divorce So Frequently And For Flimsy Reasons? by Leilah(f): 11:35pm On Sep 11, 2007
Oh please,
Re: Why Do White People Divorce So Frequently And For Flimsy Reasons? by April22(f): 2:21am On Sep 12, 2007
because they are not tough enough to handle men's wahala and when they said " i love you", they mean i love you only now, but have no clue what could happen in the next few minutes, but when nija woman loves, she means till death do her path with the man, and even if the man dey maltreat her, she hang on to the home, which is a good thing, but sometimes, they gotta learn to let go, there are some marriage that aint worth punishing yourself for, i so much blv that we are all precious and need to enjoy life and not commit ourself to something that aint working, i am sure divorce can't be a good thing, but sometimes, it is without choice.
So whites don't have time for tomorrow go better, because if today aint better, they move on to the next bidder

I agree. I think Nigerian women are also under pressure from their families to keep the marriage together no matter what. Whites tend to be much more individualistic. I also think Nigerian women often are in situations where they're very financially reliant on their husband and would have to make some major changes to go solo. Overall I'd have to say this is a difference in culture. Also white men are still notorious for leaving their wife for another woman. Money is also the cause of many divorces in the U.S.--particularly when you have two spenders together or a spender and a saver.

1 Like

Re: Why Do White People Divorce So Frequently And For Flimsy Reasons? by ssRhino: 2:51am On Sep 12, 2007
Very true April
Re: Why Do White People Divorce So Frequently And For Flimsy Reasons? by SwtNsoFLyy(f): 6:43am On Sep 12, 2007

People that divorce for flimsy reasons, do not have any respect for the covenant of marriage or God. I believe in marriage for life, however when a man abuses his wife or child, God does not want the innocent person to suffer. All marriages are not of God. some people marry for the wrong reasons, money, LOOKS, etc without Gods approval or confirmation, and then wander why it didn't work out.

Patience is a virtue, when it comes to choosing the right mate to spend the rest of our lives with. People stay in marriages because their needs are being met financially, spiritually, emotionally, physically & sexually. When God is the foundation, divorce will never be an option ,

love & light.

1 Like

Re: Why Do White People Divorce So Frequently And For Flimsy Reasons? by JustGood(m): 3:15pm On Sep 12, 2007
They marry for flimsy reasons. They can marry a guy because of his dick size, they can marry a guy because he looks good, they can marry a babe because she is skinny. There are flimsy reasons for marriage which do not look at marriage in totality. Marriage is not just about the sexual or physical attractive because it is a proper relationship which requires real bonding of the parties and an ability to appreciate.

Some think they can change to what the man wants them to be but they cannot change because what they are will creep up later. If a woman is used to drinking, for instance, and she thinks she'll change when she's married, she's decieving herself. It's best to look well before marriage. Best to be sure that we can live with all the shortcomings of the other party.

1 Like

Re: Why Do White People Divorce So Frequently And For Flimsy Reasons? by SwtNsoFLyy(f): 4:31pm On Sep 12, 2007

You have some solid strong points here. Altho, i think its a good thing when someone comes into our lives and their character gives us the desire to change for the better. My pastor once spoke in church about how his wife changed. He was a man of God, and she was drinking 'wine coolers' and smoking cigarettes. She even cursed him out, and he still loved her. She said there was something about him that wanted her to change her ways. Today, they lead the congregation in some very powerful ways, and their testimony is very encouraging.

People can and do change for the better when the right one comes along, as long as it is not for the 'wrong' reasons and as u said, it creeps up on them later,

love & light

Re: Why Do White People Divorce So Frequently And For Flimsy Reasons? by trendy(f): 5:40pm On Sep 12, 2007
dudu-bobo:

Why do white people divorce so frequently and for flimsy reasons?

Sometimes women divorce because they have fallen in love with someone else. Sometimes, they just don't love their partners again.
Some Africans in Diaspora are now beginning to copy the same thing. They will also suffer the depression and mental illnesses that the white people tend to have abundantly

na so the thing pain you reach grin
Re: Why Do White People Divorce So Frequently And For Flimsy Reasons? by presido1: 10:49pm On Sep 12, 2007
Cos their love expires and once the expiring date is reached divorce becomes the case. many a time they marry cos you are a celebrity and most times no courtship(goat) just like teiry henry, chantelle and many others.
Re: Why Do White People Divorce So Frequently And For Flimsy Reasons? by ssRhino: 12:33am On Sep 13, 2007
Presido, leave celebrity out of this, even an average Joe blow does it, and so sad that even nigerians rate of divorce in the western world is climbing.
Re: Why Do White People Divorce So Frequently And For Flimsy Reasons? by presido1: 8:54pm On Sep 13, 2007
$$Rhino:

Presido, leave celebrity out of this, even an average Joe blow does it, and so sad that even nigerians rate of divorce in the western world is climbing.
they are copying the celebs period.
Re: Why Do White People Divorce So Frequently And For Flimsy Reasons? by ssRhino: 12:46am On Sep 14, 2007
that is realy sad then, if it is all cos they wanna copy and paste other pple's lifestyle
Re: Why Do White People Divorce So Frequently And For Flimsy Reasons? by ssRhino: 12:55am On Sep 14, 2007
another yeye reason for break up is:

I wanna test the waters.

I know a man that has been married for years to his wife, and the man has been looking for 2ways to marry a second wife, but since u cant in canada, he has to tell the wife, that he needs a year off the marriage and that he wanna go and chill in UK, now even a fool knows what that means, dem be afrikans oh.
Re: Why Do White People Divorce So Frequently And For Flimsy Reasons? by osisi5: 5:42pm On Sep 14, 2007
Here in the USA the rate of divorce between Nigerian nurses and their husbands almost reach white people own.
Sadly many have also been killed by the men during or after the divorce.

Nigerians know how to endure and "manage"
oyibo women and African Americans cannot "manage"

1 Like

Re: Why Do White People Divorce So Frequently And For Flimsy Reasons? by vigasimple(m): 6:33pm On Sep 14, 2007
First I will lilke members on this forum to show sense of responsibility in what we say or advise.

The facts that people 'manage or endure' does not mean that they are stupid. The facts women also now earns money is not an excuse not to endure in a relationship, same goes for the man. The facts that the wife submit or humbles herself is not an opportunity to abuse her.

I will say that everbody on this site should be very careful about what BABEELOVE say on this site. majority of them are inflamatory and outright irresponsible. It is a feminist nonesense. If you have had bad relationships in the past, that does not mean we have to incite people to have disregard to the covenant of God in relation to marriage or indeed anything for that matter in life.

I have read  quite a number of her posting and frankly I asked myself does her signature truly reflects her statements. Is she really serving a living God. If she is serving a living God she will always encourage good things no matter what the circumsatnces are. It is nothing personal.

Sorry darling, I love you with the love of God but also I have to reprimand you nicely even in public, if you think or see anywhere I am wrong please do reprimand me. we are our brothers keepers. Be very responsible with what you say, it may sound funny or simply humour but they are deadly for people who don't have minds of their own.

The future cannot be good if we keep saying and encouraging people to do things that we know are not right whether it is a man or a woman. The so call liberation and women feminism is just an excuse for Satan to deceive the women folks into believing they are being oppresed. I like equality but women don't even want that.

Take for example. Feminist women will say 'the mans money is for the family and the woman monies is for her'. where is then the equality in the feminist thing, it just satanic tool to re-write the Lords commandment.

I am sorry to have digress but such is my feeling for BABEELOVE that I have to write this and I prayed that if she is not yet married now after her 3 'divorces' she will get a man like the heart of the Lord that will love her and cherish her for whom she in return she will submit and share the rest of her life with him until death do them apart.

A good example of advise to always listen to and read is that of SWTNSOFLYY. The spirit of the Lord will never leave her.I prayed that she will grow in more wisdom and understanding. The goodness of the Lord will multiply in your life.

Coming to the poster properly. The whites folks rate of divorce is high because they always going into marriage for the wrong reasons and believing they will get  divorce once it is no longer working. when people divorce they simply do not have the ability to seek the face of God.

If you marry with the blessing of God in the first place for the right reasons to be frank, divorce will never be an option.

Unfortunately a lot of African women in the west are doing the divorce thingsnow( I AM  MOVING ON is their language) for so many reasons. For example in the UK, it is more economically beneficial for the women to be a single mother  so that she get more social help, and get
'phone card voucher'/top up etc from different men and pity party from others.

In the end it is not healthy for the woman or the man and more especially very unreasonably  hard on the children.

I can go on have so much to say but I may be giving epistle to a rotten generation.

May the good Lord be with us and guide all of us and give us more wisdom to live a fruitfull married life and tell satan to take his divorce to hell.
Re: Why Do White People Divorce So Frequently And For Flimsy Reasons? by osisi5: 12:00am On Sep 15, 2007
babeelove is nuts.
no one should take her seriously. grin
Re: Why Do White People Divorce So Frequently And For Flimsy Reasons? by BABEELOVE(f): 12:02am On Sep 15, 2007
+osisi:

babeelove is nuts.
no one should take her seriously. grin

What the heck are you talking about?  I mean everything I say!!!  Make who e dey pain go drink hemlock!!!  Poor, hungry people!!!! cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin

Thank God I have lived my live well well----and still living it---no regrets at all. Make una siddon for one place dey bitch about life's imperfections.  I don't have time for that!!!! kiss

I see most of you ending up in "old folks" homes----lonely, childless, spouseless and just juicily bitter since life don chop una. Make una siddon for thia!!! Anyway church dey to go too. Chris Okotie is never tired of listening to your problems for a "handsome fee" of course!!!! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin Shoooooooooooooooot!!! For this short life Worry about this, worry about that! Una go tire!!!! grin
Re: Why Do White People Divorce So Frequently And For Flimsy Reasons? by Agbo2(m): 12:24am On Sep 18, 2007
Dear all,
be wary of babelove, she's crazy, she's paranoic,
she's a plaque.
Be warned!
Re: Why Do White People Divorce So Frequently And For Flimsy Reasons? by BABEELOVE(f): 3:47am On Sep 18, 2007
Agbo2:

Dear all,
be wary of babelove, she's crazy, she's paranoic,
she's a plaque.
Be warned!

You again?  Have you cured your gonorrhea? cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin  Please work on your spelling!  Can't enrol you in the spelling bee contest at this rate.---please go watch "Aquila the bee"!!!!!!!!!!!! kiss
Re: Why Do White People Divorce So Frequently And For Flimsy Reasons? by nikynike(f): 10:22am On Sep 18, 2007
Two fighting over nothing. lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do White People Divorce So Frequently And For Flimsy Reasons? by BABEELOVE(f): 1:28pm On Sep 18, 2007
vigasimple:

I will say that everbody on this site should be very careful about what BABEELOVE say on this site. majority of them are inflamatory and outright irresponsible. It is a feminist nonesense. If you have had bad relationships in the past, that does not mean we have to incite people to have disregard to the covenant of God in relation to marriage or indeed anything for that matter in life.

married life and tell satan to take his divorce to hell.

Hey! hey! hey!  Just erase that name BABEELOVE from your post!  You must be maaaaaaaaaaaaaad!  I don't owe you any explanations as to how I choose to live my life.  Neither do I care what you and the likes of you think about it.  Are you feeding me? Goat!!!! This is a public forum---if you see my posts do not read them! You came to Nairaland to look for role models--at your age? Shameless mother phocker! Show us the one you are married to! Hmmmmmmmmmmm! Empty vessel!

Are you not ashamed of yourself?  Are you a goat that cannot make up your mind for yourself?  Stay here and look for role models.  May the name BABEELOVE solder your fingers---till you become syndictalic! kiss And who the "phock" is your "phocking" darling? angry  Just look away!  I do not want to see my screen name on any of you bloody, ill-mannered, retarded Nairaland users' finger tips!  Enough is enough!  Practice your word perfect or Marvis Beacon teaches typing with somebody else's name okay?  Do I sound like someone from your moronic village? Idiot!

You are here making noise!  why do you not use your energy to salvage the lives of your  disease-poverty-stricken families in Nigeria?  Keep typing BABEELOVE!  Any excuse for your mental retardation is very welcome! kiss Stupid rat! Mr. or Mrs. Phocking" Jisos! Useless Pig! Who gives a damn what you think? undecided
Re: Why Do White People Divorce So Frequently And For Flimsy Reasons? by vigasimple(m): 3:45pm On Sep 18, 2007
BABEELOVE:

Hey! hey! hey!  Just erase that name BABEELOVE from your post!  You must be maaaaaaaaaaaaaad!  I don't owe you any explanations as to how I choose to live my life.  Neither do I care what you and the likes of you think about it.  Are you feeding me? Goat!!!! This is a public forum---if you see my posts do not read them! You came to Nairaland to look for role models--at your age? Shameless mother phocker! Show us the one you are married to! Hmmmmmmmmmmm! Empty vessel!

Are you not ashamed of yourself?  Are you a goat that cannot make up your mind for yourself?  Stay here and look for role models.  May the name BABEELOVE solder your fingers---till you become syndictalic! kiss And who the "phock" is your "phocking" darling? angry  Just look away!  I do not want to see my screen name on any of you bloody, ill-mannered, retarded Nairaland users' finger tips!  Enough is enough!  Practice your word perfect or Marvis Beacon teaches typing with somebody else's name okay?  Do I sound like someone from your moronic village? Idiot!

You are here making noise!  why do you not use your energy to salvage the lives of your  disease-poverty-stricken families in Nigeria?  Keep typing BABEELOVE!  Any excuse for your mental retardation is very welcome! kiss Stupid rat! Mr. or Mrs. Phocking" Jisos! Useless Pig! Who gives a damn what you think? undecided

(What a beautiful song from BABEELOVE to VIGASIMPLE)

BABEELOVE, with the above you have just confirmed 'by their 'fruits' we shall know them'

Nonetheless, I prayed in the name that is above all name that he will show his light upon your life and your soul. I like most people are not perfect and unlikely to be. But the Lord say that we are his saint because we believe in him and that he would deliver our souls because we accept that we are sinners.

Again and for the last time to BABEELOVE  please read majority of your post and decide for yourself what and how you spent your time, what you say and write is your prerogatives but please don't inadvertently sow a seed of discord in others peoples lives.

A word is enough for the wise.

May God bless you.
Re: Why Do White People Divorce So Frequently And For Flimsy Reasons? by afrodixie: 1:26pm On Sep 25, 2007
vigasimple:

(What a beautiful song from BABEELOVE to VIGASIMPLE)

BABEELOVE, with the above you have just confirmed 'by their 'fruits' we shall know them'

Nonetheless, I prayed in the name that is above all name that he will show his light upon your life and your soul. I like most people are not perfect and unlikely to be. But the Lord say that we are his saint because we believe in him and that he would deliver our souls because we accept that we are sinners.

Again and for the last time to BABEELOVE  please read majority of your post and decide for yourself what and how you spent your time, what you say and write is your prerogatives but please don't inadvertently sow a seed of discord in others peoples lives.

A word is enough for the wise.

May God bless you.

Oh shut the holy phock up!!!!  Who cares what religious sanctimonious bigots like you think? shocked  Look for somewhere else to set up your bloody church!  As you can see this is my third time around!  That is how long your Jisos will keep getting killed to save your stupid arses!--------What a holy waste of time to save fools like you! Idiot! Keep preaching and don't mind your own business.  You might want to correct that my name is now "afrodickey"!!!!!slowpoke! Pray for yourself.  I do not think real "religious" people visit Nairaland.  What are you doing here?  Don't you have some altar boys to sodomize in your church? cheesy  Preacher!

Sowing seeds of discord my arse!  Is Nairaland your father's hut?  I am waiting for any of you who think you can attack others for what they post here.  You bloody fool! Bring out your head again!  Or better still go catch some disease from Agbo2 and I hope he has some of his Agbo to cure both of you! Arsehole! kiss

NAIRALAND IS EVERYBODY'S PLAYGROUND-JUST LIKE NIGERIA BELONGS TO ALL NIGERIANS--IF YOU CANNOT STAND YOUR PLAYMATES GET THE PHOCK OFF!!!!!!!OR FIND SOME BLOODY RELIGIOUS PLAYMATES LIKE YOUR STINKING ARSE!!!!! cool
Re: Why Do White People Divorce So Frequently And For Flimsy Reasons? by cammax7(m): 10:45am On Sep 27, 2007
@topic
coz they dont have strong family values

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meet The World's Youngest Father 12years Old / Is This Also Part Of Marriage Romance? / Who Is The "Next Of Kin"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.