Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,162 members, 7,890,933 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 01:59 AM

Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him (62076 Views)

Ex-president, Olusegun Obasanjo Orders Kings To Rise Up And Greet Him (VIDEO) / Governor Wike Asks Traditional Rulers To Stand Up With Their Staff Of Office / Kwam1 Ignores Ambode Who Stood Up To Greet Him At An Event. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by abobote: 11:11pm On Sep 15, 2023
He did it respectfully to pass a message

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by pendragonbladgo(m): 11:13pm On Sep 15, 2023
Obj is above the Obas Father's self....

Former Military General, Former Heard of states

One of the founders of ECOWAS and Former President of Nigeria.

Even my President, Ahmed Bola Tinubu with due respect sir, must stand to greet this man.

He is the most Powerful Man in Nigeria today....

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by pendragonbladgo(m): 11:15pm On Sep 15, 2023
Lama70:
This arrogant man has a poor sense of history. Has he forgotten the story of Oba Adeniran Adeyemi (1) and what transpired between him and a certain high ranking government official during the days of Western region?

It was reported that the government official visited and hosted Oyo traditional council to a meeting. During the meeting he told the said Alaafin to stand up and greet him and the king felt insulted. He thereafter cast a spell on the high-ranking government official which eventually led to his death. I have read that story several times. Maybe Obasanjo doesn't know, or he feels he's too powerful.

May history not repeat itself with him in Oyo state .
You don't know OBJ
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by yinkeys(m): 11:22pm On Sep 15, 2023
The throne of England made this possible
King Charles or Prince William supersedes any old monarch or ex president in Nigeria lol
In my opinion there’s a difference between warlords and leaders
Glaring difference

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by compoundC: 11:29pm On Sep 15, 2023
onni of ife is under a governor...

Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by Sonayon(m): 11:33pm On Sep 15, 2023
LibertyRep:
E dide!
E joko!

That was too condescending on the monarchs.

Traditional institutions are not one to joke with, he knows but still want to flex muscles base on his record of being a past President!!!!!!!! ............ This is not a matter of tribal conversation

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by GUNITGuy: 11:39pm On Sep 15, 2023
This man has forgotten P.O nii
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by GUNITGuy: 11:41pm On Sep 15, 2023
Lama70:
This arrogant man has a poor sense of history. Has he forgotten the story of Oba Adeniran Adeyemi (1) and what transpired between him and a certain high ranking government official during the days of Western region?

It was reported that the government official visited and hosted Oyo traditional council to a meeting. During the meeting he told the said Alaafin to stand up and greet him and the king felt insulted. He thereafter cast a spell on the high-ranking government official which eventually led to his death. I have read that story several times. Maybe Obasanjo doesn't know, or he feels he's too powerful.

May history not repeat itself with him in Oyo state .
Obj was prepared for that ....Do you think a man can just order traditional leaders without something backing him in case one tries to go diabolical
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by baby124: 11:42pm On Sep 15, 2023
E pain am that he’s not the only Yoruba that has become President. He is not the only most accomplished Yoruba anymore. He wanted to be the only one and was hellbent on frustrating any chance so people can always run to him or respect him. He’s is lashing out in this way because it pain him. He is cursed and not a Yoruba. He should go back to Ota full of bad roads and bad infrastructure to look for respect.

Those Oba are fools. I will not even stand. Goodluck to the next PDP candidate.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by Nobody: 11:44pm On Sep 15, 2023
baby124:
E pain am that he’s not the only Yoruba that has become President. He is not the only most accomplished Yoruba anymore. He wanted to be the only one and was hellbent on frustrating any chance so people can always run to him or respect him. He’s is lashing out in this way because it pain him. He is cursed and not a Yoruba. He should go back to Ota full of bad roads and bad infrastructure to look for respect.

Those Oba are fools. I will not even stand. Goodluck to the next PDP candidate.

How did you know say he pain am?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by Morphinne: 11:46pm On Sep 15, 2023
This is so very wrong and disrespectful of Obj. This is not the Obasanjo we used to know. No matter what, you don’t talk to Obas like school children even if you are older than them because you’re not respecting the person wearing the crown but the throne.
Old age is already taking its toll on baba. Very wrong!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by jaxxy(m): 11:52pm On Sep 15, 2023
Raskimonojendor:
Baba is clowning as usual. grin

Obj dobale-ing for the gbagura below and the olowu below.

I think they should respect the president and governors depending on the setting.

chaberry:
A very powerful man ordering his errand boys

accordadoga29:
Na now I come dey believe say this Obasanjo share blood with those waking up their parents with sidekicks. No wonder he supported the mandate thief.

He is not an Omoluabi.

Even the Tinubu CURRENT president bowed to greet Oba of Benin

ooni stands up for tinubu who was not governor or president at the time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by Nathan2016: 12:05am On Sep 16, 2023
If this has been an Igbo politician, well you know the outcome and what people would say.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by Pocca: 12:07am On Sep 16, 2023
officialwdhtv:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic0LdtudI-g

Watch moment former president Olusegun Obasanjo "orders" Oyo monarchs to stand up and honour him at a recent event in Iseyin

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.channelstv.com/2023/09/15/obasanjo-orders-oyo-monarchs-to-stand-up-and-greet-him/amp/

I thought that they are respectful? They are the most disrespectful and deceitful tribe.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by Westerhoffe(m): 12:10am On Sep 16, 2023
That's wrong.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by compoundC: 12:36am On Sep 16, 2023
undecided undecided
oba of benin bow to the queen of england because the oba of benin is lower than the queen of england,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by kaludestiny10(m): 12:53am On Sep 16, 2023
Under a local government chairman self.
compoundC:
onni of ife is under a governor...

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by kaludestiny10(m): 12:59am On Sep 16, 2023
Since the article states that he went to commission a project, that means he was there on the invitation of the governor. Now constitutional speaking in Nigeria, all traditional title holders are under the leadership of the local government chairpersons. Most of these traditional leaders are political appointees. So Obasanjo is actually right in asking them to stand up in a government function. If they were at their palace, it would have being a different thing.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by kkulaja(m): 1:16am On Sep 16, 2023
001Lotion:
The man they thought was Igbo grin
He actually acted like one here
A ruling king is KING and should not bow nor stand up for a military or political elected governor or presido.
Presidents come and go.
Just like we have in the prison
A king can never be a prisoner,and if he happens to be a prisoner in his records,he is mo longer worthy of the kingship rite

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by kkulaja(m): 1:24am On Sep 16, 2023
barinedan:
He deserves it, some of those traditional rulers are not his age mate, some of them cannot achieve what obj has achieved
Give what belongs to ceaser unto ceaser
In ancient yoruba culture
U must prostrate to greet a king
Dunno if the king's father is exonerated

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by kkulaja(m): 1:45am On Sep 16, 2023
I remember the story of Bode thomas
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by FuckTheMod: 1:48am On Sep 16, 2023
accordadoga29:
Na now I come dey believe say this Obasanjo share blood with those waking up their parents with sidekicks. No wonder he supported the mandate thief.

He is not an Omoluabi.

Even Tinubu the CURRENT president bowed to greet Oba of Benin
Una just too mumu
So because he bowed means yẹyẹ oba is greater than him?
Oba wey Chairman of local government fit commot by constitution.
If Tinubu want comot ọba of benin today, it won't take him more than 24 hours.
Tinubu is 1000x greater and stronger than any oba.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by talk2didi(m): 1:50am On Sep 16, 2023
accordadoga29:

He is not an Omoluabi.

Even Tinubu the CURRENT president bowed to greet Oba of Benin

Ọba of Benin stand up while Tinubu's bowed. If Ọba was sitting, it will be different case.
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by Excelll: 1:52am On Sep 16, 2023
Raskimonojendor:
Baba is clowning as usual. grin

Obj dobale-ing for the gbagura below and the olowu below.
It matters not. Just giving respect to whom it is due. It doesn't reduce or make him low profiled. OBJ na Baba...!

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by compoundC: 2:14am On Sep 16, 2023
kaludestiny10:
Under a local government chairman self.
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by bitbillionaire: 2:18am On Sep 16, 2023
I'm just wondering what he would do if those traditional rulers refused to stand up. And who gave him power to give them such order?

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by Thomasankara(m): 2:23am On Sep 16, 2023
[/color]nothing[color=#770077]
illicit:
E b like say Baba don dey go senile o

Talking to Kings like primary school kids

What will happen gan if they refuse to stand
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by mukthar2000(m): 2:26am On Sep 16, 2023
Baba iyabo forgotten that the was formal president , for telling them any were their is President or governor the king most stand up. Yeye dey smell.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by PrinceOfLagos: 3:02am On Sep 16, 2023
fredoooooo:
Obaluje of Nigeria, Eletanu of Ota , Baba oninunibini of Egba land.... Eni ibi of Africa .

God no be man Aremu , Olohun ju e lo
Olohun ti da Akanbi na , kosi ohun tenikan le se si ...
Egan o pe koyin ma dun, oyin ti dun tele
IT'S BAT O'CLOCK ♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️
All this yeye talk because he didn't support Tinubu presidential ambition abi
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by wowcatty: 3:04am On Sep 16, 2023
Abuku Oloronbo!
I love it!

This is exactly what the KERAN MAJELE rulers who don't respect themselves deserved, just maybe they will wise up one day that they shouldn't be honoring events people like Obasanjo speaks at.

They all saw how no one pay Obasanjo attention in the league of Tinubu, Okoya, Kensington and others at Okoya's 84th birthday, he was cut to size and was just sitting at a corner alone. It was people who felt sorry for him that later said K1 should have at least mentioned Obasanjo once or at least greet him. This is how Omo Ale like Obasanjo are treated and should.

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by thomasjoe(m): 3:07am On Sep 16, 2023
Scripture5:
Please guys, pls if anybody can help me with any little amount to eat I will be very happy. Feeding is a big problem for me and my family please no matter how small. I havent eaten anything since yesterday in the morning pls. My dad is a retired teacher and my mom is late. Am a single mother with my own son mouth to feed, the little money i make have use it to cater for my dad illness and pay house rent but his health is getting worst. Now we can't even eat or buy water to drink. Please if you're reading this message pls come to our aid, no matter how small it will go a long way pls. May God meet you at the point of your need as you have show us mercy amen
Acct num with faith; Angela Oyom
G.TBank

You still nerva eat since yesterday for over 4 months now ...sorry I .
And the mods are yet to notice this scam and ban you...you're so lucky

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

People Stone Saraki At Ilorin Eid Praying Ground - Newsrescue.com / SW Leaders Put Pressure On Osinbajo To Step Down For Tinubu / Ogboni Society Congratulates Rochas Okorocha Of Imo State (Throwback Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.