Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,160 members, 7,890,930 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 01:49 AM

Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him (62072 Views)

Ex-president, Olusegun Obasanjo Orders Kings To Rise Up And Greet Him (VIDEO) / Governor Wike Asks Traditional Rulers To Stand Up With Their Staff Of Office / Kwam1 Ignores Ambode Who Stood Up To Greet Him At An Event. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by HenryWilliams(m): 3:10am On Sep 16, 2023
Lama70:
This arrogant man has a poor sense of history. Has he forgotten the story of Oba Adeniran Adeyemi (1) and what transpired between him and a certain high ranking government official during the days of Western region?

It was reported that the government official visited and hosted Oyo traditional council to a meeting. During the meeting he told the said Alaafin to stand up and greet him and the king felt insulted. He thereafter cast a spell on the high-ranking government official which eventually led to his death. I have read that story several times. Maybe Obasanjo doesn't know, or he feels he's too powerful.

May history not repeat itself with him in Oyo state .

Bode Thomas

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by Bridget95(f): 3:11am On Sep 16, 2023
pandoragirigory:
You think he came from the tribe where they wake their fathers with slaps and kicks
Those lies your fathers told you of the East in other to enshrine their bigoted attitude in you has expired. We are now in the information age.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by wowcatty: 3:12am On Sep 16, 2023
He lives a lie and will die a coward because he will never confess to who he really is, all these are the reason he has been destroying Yorubaland. Wole Soyinka recently mentioned how some retired generals have been plotting against Tinubu even before elections and are still trying to push some braindead youths to the streets to cause trouble like Endsars.
fredoooooo:
Obaluje of Nigeria, Eletanu of Ota , Baba oninunibini of Egba land.... Eni ibi of Africa .

God no be man Aremu , Olohun ju e lo
Olohun ti da Akanbi na , kosi ohun tenikan le se si ...
Egan o pe koyin ma dun, oyin ti dun tele
IT'S BAT O'CLOCK ♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by complexstuffs(m): 3:14am On Sep 16, 2023
VinnyBaba:

Ogbeni, Obasanjo can NOT be Senile in the Next 10 Years! sad

Obasanjo is not those Traditional Rulers mate.😏🙁

He SENIOR them Wella, in Age.😒

What can you say about that USELESS Wike that Disgraces Rivers state Traditional rulers and treats them like kids. undecided

Monarchy is not about age

You have no knowledge about Monarchy

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by ChristianMuslim: 3:16am On Sep 16, 2023
The day obasanjo will die, is the day Nigeria is going to be good.. That baba stinks, hes pained because he's no more recognize in yorubaland as the number 1 leader, Tinubu is now the Asiwaju something he detest

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by complexstuffs(m): 3:16am On Sep 16, 2023
b3llo:
Baba Obj senior all of them. This is the time for them to show him respect.

Good 😛

Stop deceiving yourself. Aristocracy has nothing to do with age.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by complexstuffs(m): 3:17am On Sep 16, 2023
ChristianMuslim:
The day obasanjo will die, is the day Nigeria is going to be good.. That baba stinks, hes pained because he's no more recognize in yorubaland as the number 1 leader, Tinubu is now the Asiwaju something he detest

Obasanjo hates the bolded

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by eliwa47(m): 4:43am On Sep 16, 2023
Dementia dey worry this old man, believe me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by SeriouslySense(m): 5:06am On Sep 16, 2023
grin grin grin
A funny scenario.
bitbillionaire:
I'm just wondering what he would do if those traditional rulers refused to stand up. And who gave him power to give them such order?

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by Desusi: 5:19am On Sep 16, 2023
illicit:
E b like say Baba don dey go senile o

Talking to Kings like primary school kids

What will happen gan if they refuse to stand
The deal would not be done and the purpose would be defeated. There would be confusion every where.Orderliness would reign supreme ni. Abi beeko?
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by adenigga(m): 5:51am On Sep 16, 2023
pandoragirigory:
You think he came from the tribe where they wake their fathers with slaps and kicks
Yeeee........

Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by AmbFmk: 5:54am On Sep 16, 2023
fredoooooo:
Obaluje of Nigeria, Eletanu of Ota , Baba oninunibini of Egba land.... Eni ibi of Africa .

God no be man Aremu , Olohun ju e lo
Olohun ti da Akanbi na , kosi ohun tenikan le se si ...
Egan o pe koyin ma dun, oyin ti dun tele
IT'S BAT O'CLOCK ♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️

Wetin baba do you to gan gan, I wan know?

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by FengChui(m): 5:57am On Sep 16, 2023
Scripture5:
Please guys, pls if anybody can help me with any little amount to eat I will be very happy. Feeding is a big problem for me and my family please no matter how small. I havent eaten anything since yesterday in the morning pls. My dad is a retired teacher and my mom is late. Am a single mother with my own son mouth to feed, the little money i make have use it to cater for my dad illness and pay house rent but his health is getting worst. Now we can't even eat or buy water to drink. Please if you're reading this message pls come to our aid, no matter how small it will go a long way pls. May God meet you at the point of your need as you have show us mercy amen
Acct num with faith; Angela Oyom
G.TBank

The day wey I help you, you no gree say thank you.
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by Xtristopher: 6:06am On Sep 16, 2023
This is still strong at his ahe, many of his mates cant even walk again
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by Jostoman: 6:06am On Sep 16, 2023
tydi:
Very soon him go begin poo into oba palms 🤲
Or tell obas to hold his poo while he poos
Obasanjo is not like your Asiwaju.
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by CooldipoMPS: 6:06am On Sep 16, 2023
Colonialism, Democracy, and other Western incursions are not "Asa Wa" it has only simply succeeded in usurping the objective "Asa wa".

We are a set of people who have existed long before the advent of these foreign ways of life. Sadly it is not the same for the Queen of England where all these abnormalities originate.

Like i will always says, teni nteni, t'akisa ni t'aatan! Borrowing from what Chinua Achebe wrote in Things Fall Apart 'The white man is very clever. He came quietly and peaceably with his religion. We were amused at his foolishness and allowed him to stay. Now he has won over our brothers, and our clan can no longer act like one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by Jostoman: 6:07am On Sep 16, 2023
chaberry:
A very powerful man ordering his errand boys
Obasanjo is not like your Asiwaju.
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by Agugbadin: 6:13am On Sep 16, 2023
Nothing is wrong with that, Baba is older than many of them.The west are brought up nicely to respect elderly.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by Zeezenho: 6:15am On Sep 16, 2023
Bag a is right.he knew non of them were chosen by the gods if their lands, they schemed their ways to kingship like tinubu,any king chosen by the gods will be placed above mortals.

They are colonial warrants chiefs been paid and sustained by the government which makes government officials their bosses.

Edide ejoko is an order that most be obeyed

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by palsenator(m): 6:15am On Sep 16, 2023
VinnyBaba:

Ogbeni, Obasanjo can NOT be Senile in the Next 10 Years! sad

Obasanjo is not those Traditional Rulers mate.😏🙁

He SENIOR them Wella, in Age.😒

What can you say about that USELESS Wike that Disgraces Rivers state Traditional rulers and treats them like kids. undecided

Thank you for that beautiful response to that guy's post. Funny enough people didn't read well. It's not even about Obasanjo , it's a call to the kings to respect authority that is well above then according to the constitution.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by occfx: 6:15am On Sep 16, 2023
officialwdhtv:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic0LdtudI-g

Watch moment former president Olusegun Obasanjo "orders" Oyo monarchs to stand up and honour him at a recent event in Iseyin

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.channelstv.com/2023/09/15/obasanjo-orders-oyo-monarchs-to-stand-up-and-greet-him/amp/

I like how the Yorubas use there language internally irrespective of status.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by okoroemeka(m): 6:17am On Sep 16, 2023
Hikana:
Obasanjo will be greatly remembered
the warlord of third marine commando
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by Bfly: 6:18am On Sep 16, 2023
Damn!
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by Ayanko(m): 6:22am On Sep 16, 2023
He never said he is not going to bow before then but the protocol demand that everyone should stand when the Governor and president enters a gathering.
No matter your status.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by Emola12(m): 6:23am On Sep 16, 2023
illicit:

Na aloku soldier

Used soldier

I don't see why they deserved to be spoken to like children tho

because he is retired soldier and ex president he popular pass all of them both in NIGERIA and outside country go and verify biko may be you wanna compare LG Kings with ex president then mouh dey look even your eye neck INEC current president sef dey no born am well make he no bow for obasanjo
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by illicit(m): 6:26am On Sep 16, 2023
Emola12:
because he is retired soldier and ex president he popular pass all of them both in NIGERIA and outside country go and verify biko

That doesn't give him the right to talk to anyone like that

He popular reach Obama? Or Putin?

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by illicit(m): 6:28am On Sep 16, 2023
palsenator:

Thank you for that beautiful response to that guy's post. Funny enough people didn't read well. It's not even about Obasanjo , it's a call to the kings to respect authority that is well above then according to the constitution.

You don't get it

I didn't have to read it, I watched and listened to the video

He doesn't have to talk to anyone that way

Not even students

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by Emola12(m): 6:30am On Sep 16, 2023
illicit:

That doesn't give him the right to talk to anyone like that

He popular reach Obama? Or Putin?
nah Obama and Putin be those kings name wey dey there bro wake up are you sleeping?
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by illicit(m): 6:36am On Sep 16, 2023
Emola12:
nah Obama and Putin be those kings name wey dey there bro wake up are you sleeping?

Obama and Putin won't even talk to undergraduates like that

Even king Charles wouldn't

Being popular than people don't give you any right to shout them down

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by BluntCrazeMan: 6:38am On Sep 16, 2023
officialwdhtv:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic0LdtudI-g

Watch moment former president Olusegun Obasanjo "orders" Oyo monarchs to stand up and honour him at a recent event in Iseyin

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.channelstv.com/2023/09/15/obasanjo-orders-oyo-monarchs-to-stand-up-and-greet-him/amp/

All these nonsense this man brought into the Nigerian Leadership is still very hard to cleanse off..

He still continues living the nonsense lifestyle.!!

I just don't know why this man loves intimidation so much.
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by Laanike50(f): 6:38am On Sep 16, 2023
Old age has finally catch up with him very disrespectful

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Senate Threatens To Shutdown Bet9ja / Soludo's Wife, Nonye's Weight Loss Transformation Photos / Arrest And Disgrace Buhari In Japan - Nnamdi Kanu Orders IPOB Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.