Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,148 members, 7,890,870 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 10:38 PM

Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him (62065 Views)

Ex-president, Olusegun Obasanjo Orders Kings To Rise Up And Greet Him (VIDEO) / Governor Wike Asks Traditional Rulers To Stand Up With Their Staff Of Office / Kwam1 Ignores Ambode Who Stood Up To Greet Him At An Event. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by ejimatic: 6:39am On Sep 16, 2023
officialwdhtv:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic0LdtudI-g

Watch moment former president Olusegun Obasanjo "orders" Oyo monarchs to stand up and honour him at a recent event in Iseyin

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.channelstv.com/2023/09/15/obasanjo-orders-oyo-monarchs-to-stand-up-and-greet-him/amp/

You are a blatant liar.
You don't need to lie in order to create traffic
He never said they should stand up to greet him.He told them that our culture should be respected . He told them to stand to listen to him. He condemned a situation where traditional rulers would stand up for governor and president. He even went as far as saying he prostrated for them as the president.

Where did he say stand up abd greet me in the video?

I watched the program online from the beginning to the end.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by Emola12(m): 6:41am On Sep 16, 2023
illicit:

Obama and Putin won't even talk to undergraduates like that

Even king Charles wouldn't

Being popular than people don't give you any right to shout them down
dis is Africa bro stop thinking like wall gecko
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by AfonjaConehead: 6:44am On Sep 16, 2023
thefacelessman mental:
meanwhile the same coneheaded structured mining industrialists and skullarship awarders and sophisticated maarrraans who keep preaching for whoever cares to listen that certain people wake their parents with kicks are as mute as a dumbarsse on here grin
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by illicit(m): 6:46am On Sep 16, 2023
Emola12:
dis is Africa bro stop thinking like wall gecko

What has this being Africa put on your table other than being backward in every aspect of life

What people have moved beyond is what matters to you

How will their standing up to honour him improve electricity or create a job for you since you obviously need one
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by MurderX: 7:07am On Sep 16, 2023
Is he their mate?
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by phemmyfour: 7:16am On Sep 16, 2023
Raskimonojendor:
Baba is clowning as usual. grin

Obj dobale-ing for the gbagura below and the olowu below.
But didn't do that as a sitting president
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by phemmyfour: 7:17am On Sep 16, 2023
LibertyRep:
E dide!
E joko!

That was too condescending on the monarchs.
He was fighting on behalf of the governor
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by Sprints3: 7:19am On Sep 16, 2023
accordadoga29:
Na now I come dey believe say this Obasanjo share blood with those waking up their parents with sidekicks. No wonder he supported the mandate thief.

He is not an Omoluabi.

Even Tinubu the CURRENT president bowed to greet Oba of Benin
Obasanjo dey cap shiit na all those rural or egbele Obas e fit try that nonsense with, dem born Obasanjo well to tell Olu of warri or Oba of Benin to stand up greet even if he is on mrdowells e cannot reason that rubbish... Even ooni of ife cannot stand up to greet him... Baba samira, elegushi kerekere no go stand up and greet am sef... Radarada
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by Papayaayasager(m): 7:19am On Sep 16, 2023
Look at their faces, they are so humiliated they will soon use juju promax for Obj... watch out.
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by Toneymoye(m): 7:19am On Sep 16, 2023
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo's stance on Yoruba culture seems inconsistent. During his visits to Ile-Ife, Ijebu-ode, and his hometown, Abeokuta, he respectfully prostrated before the local monarchs, acknowledging their cultural significance. However, his behavior took a different turn when he arrived in the Oyo kingdom. There, he insisted that the monarchs should pay obeisance to him, signaling a departure from his previous actions.

This contrasting behavior raises questions about Obasanjo's sentiments towards the Oyo people. Some speculate that his actions may stem from a historical conflict, specifically the Owu war, which resulted in the dispersion of the Owu community by the Oyo kingdom. It's possible that Obasanjo harbors a deep-seated resentment related to this historical event, leading to what could be perceived as a personal vendetta.

In conclusion, the former president's inconsistent conduct regarding Yoruba culture, particularly in Oyo, suggests underlying tensions or grievances. While the exact motivations remain speculative, it is clear that his actions have sparked debate and curiosity within the Yoruba community.
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by motayoayinde: 7:22am On Sep 16, 2023
fredoooooo:
Obaluje of Nigeria, Eletanu of Ota , Baba oninunibini of Egba land.... Eni ibi of Africa .

God no be man Aremu , Olohun ju e lo
Olohun ti da Akanbi na , kosi ohun tenikan le se si ...
Egan o pe koyin ma dun, oyin ti dun tele
IT'S BAT O'CLOCK ♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️

😉

THESE TITLES YOU GAVE HIM........ 😆

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by Bringbackmandat: 7:28am On Sep 16, 2023
illicit:
E b like say Baba don dey go senile o

Talking to Kings like primary school kids

What will happen gan if they refuse to stand
some of their appointment will be relinquished in no time.
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by Deleolu75: 7:34am On Sep 16, 2023
Reaction I guess was probably because the obas sat wen the governor was on the podium....
Watching the recorded version again. So respect ur governor even if he is a young person.
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by illicit(m): 7:35am On Sep 16, 2023
Bringbackmandat:
some of their appointment will be relinquished in no time.

I doubt it

Did he appoint them?

He is not God
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by NutritionGuru: 7:35am On Sep 16, 2023
Fruits of the New Democracy has started:

2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by Dennisochampa: 7:50am On Sep 16, 2023
Oba Gha Tor Kpere..... Iseee

No matter who you be... This is something you can Never try in Benin land... When e be say your anus never dey on top your head.....
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by Myself2(m): 7:54am On Sep 16, 2023
Raskimonojendor:
Baba is clowning as usual. grin

Obj dobale-ing for the gbagura below and the olowu below.

So if he has been busy bowing upandan to them, thereby leaving them with the impression that was the norm, why did he get pissed when they didn't stand for him, heck, those fellas were even expecting him to do the needful and bow to them as he usually does.

Haaaaa, OBJ, you're a baad boy, you're a very baaaad boy ordering those you normally bow for, to now stand for you
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by Papayaayasager(m): 7:55am On Sep 16, 2023
Igbo man commanding Yoruba Oba's...haha grin
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by Bright4luv3000: 8:01am On Sep 16, 2023
[quote author=Scripture5 post=125817675]Please guys, pls if anybody can help me with any little amount to eat I will be very happy. Feeding is a big problem for me and my family please no matter how small. I havent eaten anything since yesterday in the morning pls. My dad is a retired teacher and my mom is late. Am a single mother with my own son mouth to feed, the little money i make have use it to cater for my dad illness and pay house rent but his health is getting worst. Now we can't even eat or buy water to drink. Please if you're reading this message pls come to our aid, no matter how small it will go a long way pls. May God meet you at the point of your need as you have show us mercy amen
Acct num with faith; Angela Oyom
U too like to beg go and look for something and do with ur life
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by idanone(m): 8:05am On Sep 16, 2023
Barrywilly:
Can he tell the Oba of Benin or Sultan of Sokoto to stand up and greet him? Arrant nonsense
but a military head of state dethroned a one time sultan of sokoto

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by Major7: 8:11am On Sep 16, 2023
Kingdemu:
Mtcheww... Proud to be a northerner

There is also an order in the north that can't be override. We're Africans dude.
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by Major7: 8:12am On Sep 16, 2023
accordadoga29:
Na now I come dey believe say this Obasanjo share blood with those waking up their parents with sidekicks. No wonder he supported the mandate thief.

He is not an Omoluabi.

Even Tinubu the CURRENT president bowed to greet Oba of Benin

Was the oba of Benin sitting while tinubu bowed? Stop speaking Pakistan abeg

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by compoundC: 8:12am On Sep 16, 2023
o
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by Major7: 8:15am On Sep 16, 2023
fredoooooo:
Obaluje of Nigeria, Eletanu of Ota , Baba oninunibini of Egba land.... Eni ibi of Africa .

God no be man Aremu , Olohun ju e lo
Olohun ti da Akanbi na , kosi ohun tenikan le se si ...
Egan o pe koyin ma dun, oyin ti dun tele
IT'S BAT O'CLOCK ♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️♾️

Gbogbo nkan ti'o ko o follow rara grin,kini correlation to wa larin iroyin Yi ati ase to nso? Park well jare ologbeni

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by fredoooooo: 8:16am On Sep 16, 2023
Major7:

Gbogbo nkan ti'o ko o follow rara grin,kini correlation to wa larin iroyin Yi ati ase to nso? Park well jare ologbeni
Laaaakaye ni grin

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by Hanndye: 8:19am On Sep 16, 2023
What has come over baba, hin no be like this before. Hin dey respect traditional rulers like say tomorrow no dey.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by Juanmike(m): 8:22am On Sep 16, 2023
illicit:

What if they did, he's gonna flog them or what?

Arrest them?

Withheld their salary

Sue them to court?
Worst
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by Skidooo(m): 8:31am On Sep 16, 2023
This baba Obasanjo think say na baracks he dey wey hm com dey command monarch anyhow.

If you be governor or president you get tenors na and na election carry you enter.
But for kings, your tenor ends when you die.

I no blame baba Sha na the kings no no how powerful and mighty their ancestors be.

Make him come Ekiti com try am.
Re: Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him by idanone(m): 8:33am On Sep 16, 2023
Toneymoye:
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo's stance on Yoruba culture seems inconsistent. During his visits to Ile-Ife, Ijebu-ode, and his hometown, Abeokuta, he respectfully prostrated before the local monarchs, acknowledging their cultural significance. However, his behavior took a different turn when he arrived in the Oyo kingdom. There, he insisted that the monarchs should pay obeisance to him, signaling a departure from his previous actions.

This contrasting behavior raises questions about Obasanjo's sentiments towards the Oyo people. Some speculate that his actions may stem from a historical conflict, specifically the Owu war, which resulted in the dispersion of the Owu community by the Oyo kingdom. It's possible that Obasanjo harbors a deep-seated resentment related to this historical event, leading to what could be perceived as a personal vendetta.

In conclusion, the former president's inconsistent conduct regarding Yoruba culture, particularly in Oyo, suggests underlying tensions or grievances. While the exact motivations remain speculative, it is clear that his actions have sparked debate and curiosity within the Yoruba community.
you miss it bro!! He was not even talking about him self, read well he never said they should great him. He was talking about a heads of Government.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

FG Closes Case Against Onnoghen After 3 Witnesses / Enyinnaya Abaribe: The Igbo Man Doesn't Kneel For Anybody Except His Chi / Senate Threatens To Shutdown Bet9ja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.