Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,658 members, 7,951,756 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 10:38 PM

Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? (18092 Views)

Guys, Some Facts About Nigerian Babes / American Babes Vs. Nigerian Babes / Nigerian Babes: Most Beautiful In The World! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by violent(m): 9:09pm On Nov 08, 2011
sexkillz:

[size=14pt]Losing out wetin?

So because of your friends dating non Nigerians, that becomes a premise for concluding your unfounded theory of "Nigerian Babes losing out on Nigerian Men"? How many countries of the world have you been to? Can you utter such rubbish in Nigeria? Can this question make it to the headlines of a Nigerian newspaper?

Get your facts right before posting balderdash. . . it's not by force to post. if you feel like posting, post something substantial or post something like "My friends prefer non Nigerian Girls, to Nigerian Girls". . . That sounds better than a senseless generalizing. Sit on your hands to avoid posting nonsense. Thank you in advance. . .
[/size]

wtf??

The topic says

Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men?

. . .and the poster stated that:

I observed that most of my friends who live and study in the US and UK are dating non-Nigerian girls

. . .  .he concluded with a question:

Guys, is this the trend or one of those aberrations?

It is clear from the above that the poster simply wanted opinions based on his own personal experience.  I haven't seen anything in his post to suggest that he's attempting to generalize what he has observed.  His concluding statement can simply be answered with a "yes" for those who agreed with him and a "no" for those who don't.  Why the fck should anyone blow this out of proportions?
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by snowdrops(m): 9:11pm On Nov 08, 2011
r231:

They figure out that their certificate after study doesn't come with stay/permanent resident/greencard

so they rather go for Oyinbos and and start making excuses that naija babes are drama grin grin

Eg 190 and his concubines grin grin

hahahahahaaaa
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by Wislet(f): 9:17pm On Nov 08, 2011
Guys, learn to respect your women. Cos in doing so, u'll only show you have respect for yourselves. It is said,'' charity begins at home''. It is only a HYPOCRITE that will appreciate something outside his home more than the one inside. Learn to respect your women, both in action and your very words, cos in doing so, u'll only be acknowledging respect for your mothers too. Or you think some of you men are prices too? But do you see any girl continually make a topic of you guys here? Because we know whether east, west, north or south, our own is the best. It is your own that can best complement and understand you. There's no place where their people do not mess up. But do they go online to deride all of their people or disrespect their women because of a few? It is high time you Nigerian men grow up. Sometimes i wonder at the quality of future fathers we are breeding? Men who will end up comparing their wives with other women, or totally disregarding them? You are supposed to show respect for your own wives and mothers, and also teach your sons how to do same! If those other women are so wonderful, why are their own men not scrambling for them, or praising them like you keep doing? Why are their men ready to go to any length to have your own women as wives? If you do not know what you have, others will help you appreciate them.
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by Jenifa1: 9:18pm On Nov 08, 2011
It's really a black race thing not a Nigerian thing.
African American men are doing it, Carribean black men are doing it,  African men are doing it. I think it's mostly born out of inferiority-complex of blacks who see it as a status symbol or mark of accomplishment. Or maybe it's because life is too hard for them and they see it as a source of pride (and accomplishment like I said) to be accepted by whites or foreigners.
Not all of them. but many.

I'm sure every race has something to complain about in the opposite sex. but they are still loyal to their race. Except blacks. we are always the exception for all things positive.

Wislet:

Guys, learn to respect your women. Cos in doing so, u'll only show you have respect for yourselves. , It is high time you Nigerian men grow up. Sometimes i wonder at the quality of future fathers we are breeding?

exactly.
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by hamsky: 9:21pm On Nov 08, 2011
[size=15pt]To be honest I think Nigerian girls are just so unreal, they have this taught that they do guys favour by going out with them. And the thing about them not being romantic that is absolutely true except you find a very wise one; "Na only naija girl you go buy flower for we go tell you seh na flower I go chop"[/size]
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by r231(m): 9:25pm On Nov 08, 2011
^^^^^where do you guys pick your girls undecided undecided

i will like to knw really
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Nov 08, 2011
wtf??

The topic says

Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men?

. . .and the poster stated that:

I observed that most of my friends who live and study in the US and UK are dating non-Nigerian girls

. . .  .he concluded with a question:

It is clear from the above that the poster simply wanted opinions based on his own personal experience.  I haven't seen anything in his post to suggest that he's attempting to generalize what he has observed.  His concluding statement can simply be answered with a "yes" for those who agreed with him and a "no" for those who don't.  Why the fck should anyone blow this out of proportions?

[size=14pt]And what exactly is the problem?

When did one person's opinions based on personal experience become the trend?
Why was his observation restricted to the confines of "his friends" studying in the Uk and Us?
Did he observe his friends in Nigeria also?
And why was his topic Hammering on Naija Babes Losing out to Naija men, why not be specific and point out the geographical location of the babes and men he was talking about?. . .[/size]
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by Sagaman: 9:31pm On Nov 08, 2011
sexkillz:

[size=14pt]Ok i just did. So after ending your moronic statement with a question mark, you started with "I observed that most of my friends who live and study in the US and UK are dating non-Nigerian girls."

Can you school me more on that, teacher? How do you reconcile your topic with that statement?[/size]

Do you have issues?

The guy stated he has observed something and put a question out to see if others have similar observations and you are chatting dust.

When you chat shyt and are caught out, like he did when he made it clear to you that it was a question, not an assertion: Shut up and accept you goofed and stop these "I no go carry last" arguments.

YOU GOOFED! HE CORRECTED YOU! LEARN!
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by Jenifa1: 9:33pm On Nov 08, 2011
sexkillz:

Why was his observation restricted to the confines of "his friends" studying in the Uk and Us?
Did he observe his friends in Nigeria also?
And why was his topic Hammering on Naija Babes Losing out to Naija men, why not be specific and point out the geographical location of the babes and men he was talking about?. . .[/size]

yea he should change the misleading topic title. He is talking about nigerians abroad. he should specify that.

@topic, something else to note is that most of these men have lost themselves culturally too. Or they wish to lose themselves culturally. Again, the whole inferiority-complex is a huge part of it.
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by manny4life(m): 9:41pm On Nov 08, 2011
@Sexkillz,

I have to call you out on this one; the poster included a question mark in his comment stating that indeed he was asking a question. He wasn't making an assumption but using his friend as statistical sample for the basis of his question. If he had phrased is as "Nigerian girls are losing out on Nigerian Men", that's a conclusive statement, but the reverse is in this case because the question mark does denote that the sampling goes further into opinionated survey of YES or NO. In other words, a question doesn't draw a conclusion of theory but opens background for further investigation and provides basic background for the final analysis.
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by renewnaija(m): 9:42pm On Nov 08, 2011
hamsky:

[size=15pt]To be honest I think Nigerian girls are just so unreal, they have this taught that they do guys favour by going out with them. And the thing about them not being romantic that is absolutely true except you find a very wise one; "Na only naija girl you go buy flower for we go tell you seh na flower I go chop"[/size]
For real.
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by Wislet(f): 9:45pm On Nov 08, 2011
hamsky:

hamsky:

And if they throw themselves on your lap, you will call them virtuous?
Romance? Were you born romantic? If you're such a master in it, why don't you teach her some? Seeing as in your culture and in most families (maybe urs included), affection is not something shown openly. And you guys TO YOUR OWN SHAME keep opening your mouths to talk about flowers. How many times, IF EVER, did you see your fathers buy flowers for your mothers? Or your mums want them as gifts? Were you given flowers as a kid? You know whqt i see? Some men who have not only lost touch of their roots, but have lost their reasoning. Though we must applaud them for having succeeded in acquiring something AT LEAST- a large dose of inferiority complex! It's not easy at all.
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by Jenifa1: 9:46pm On Nov 08, 2011
^ it's all inferiority-complex.

Oyinbo is buying flowers so they must do it to. lol
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by r231(m): 9:47pm On Nov 08, 2011
How many of them can even afford the flowers

are you minding this school kids undecided
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by Repubocrat(m): 9:48pm On Nov 08, 2011
First off, dating is not a competition, so no one is losing out on anything.

A lot of people think that a black man is entitled to date black women or a black woman is entitled to date black men, but that is not the case. The earlier one understands that, the better.
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Nov 08, 2011
manny4life:

@Sexkillz,

I have to call you out on this one; the poster included a question mark in his comment stating that indeed he was asking a question. He wasn't making an assumption but using his friend as statistical sample for the basis of his question. If he had phrased is as "Nigerian girls are losing out on Nigerian Men", that's a conclusive statement, but the reverse is in this case because the question mark does denote that the sampling goes further into opinionated survey of YES or NO. In other words, a question doesn't draw a conclusion of theory but opens background for further investigation and provides basic background for the final analysis.
[size=14pt]Noted! Now, was he specific about the geographical location or not when he asked the question? Was he seeking the opinion of Nigerians in Nigeria or Nigerians in the Uk and Us alone?[/size]
Sagaman:

Do you have issues?

The guy stated he has observed something and put a question out to see if others have similar observations and you are chatting dust.

When you chat shyt and are caught out, like he did when he made it clear to you that it was a question, not an assertion: Shut up and accept you goofed and stop these "I no go carry last" arguments.

YOU GOOFED! HE CORRECTED YOU! LEARN!
[size=14pt]Smh! Get in the queue of those waiting for me to give a hic about obscurant confabulations!. . . He observed something in the dating patterns of HIS FRIENDS in the Us and Uk and so what? It becomes a Nigerian thing? Do you know that my own friends date the opposite? Why dont you sit on your fingers to avoid spewing trash? Thank you in advance!. . .[/size]
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by zumbigbo(m): 9:51pm On Nov 08, 2011
Ah ah,

I can only speak from experience O,  it is very rare to find a balanced, thoughtful and sincere naija girl,  however it is very rare to meet a balanced, thoughtful and sincere naija guy, as we are all creatures of our upbringing. Nigeria is a place where the possession of money is valued above  what I consider to be more important virtues like moral character, intelligence and honesty. If we as men are honest, what we see is the fruit of our elder's sins. Because if as men we held a benchmark down in the home and the office, our women will follow.

It is no wonder that $$$ has become the axis of all action, thought and feeling in 9ja, to the extent that we have allowed it to destroy every institution from the family to govt. Anyway, I digress.

From my own personal experience in Naija, Brasil, Cote d'Ivoire, US, Sweden and many places in between, I just love Senegalese women, but that is a personal preference for character and body shape,   Come, come, below is a pic of my lovely wolof queen in Dakar.
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by seedord247(m): 9:52pm On Nov 08, 2011
People are arguing with sexkills are just wasting thier Precious time.

He always want to be noted whenever he comment on post by giving negative comment or attacking the poster.

Wislet:

And if they throw themselves on your lap, you will call them virtuous?
Romance? Were you born romantic? If you're such a master in it, why don't you teach her some? Seeing as in your culture and in most families (maybe urs included), affection is not something shown openly. And you guys TO YOUR OWN SHAME keep opening your mouths to talk about flowers. How many times, IF EVER, did you see your fathers buy flowers for your mothers? Or your mums want them as gifts? Were you given flowers as a kid? You know whqt i see? Some men who have not only lost touch of their roots, but have lost their reasoning. Though we must applaud them for having succeeded in acquiring something AT LEAST-  a large dose of inferiority complex! It's not easy at all.

Madam I agree with some of your point you have to get the fact that Nigerians Girls nowadays are afta money and luxuries things.

they don't want to start from the grassroot they just want fall inside the ocean they did not the source.
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by violent(m): 9:55pm On Nov 08, 2011
sexkillz:

. . .[/size]

He hasn't concluded that his experience was the trend. . .he simply stated his experience and asked if that was the trend.

sexkillz:

[size=14pt]Noted! Now, was he specific about the geographical location or not when he asked the question? Was he seeking the opinion of Nigerians in Nigeria or Nigerians in the Uk and Us alone?[/size]

It is clear from his post that he wasn't seeking the opinion of a specific group based on location. His question was an open one to find out if his observation was limited to his friends or not

again. . .

Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by Sike(m): 9:58pm On Nov 08, 2011
zumbigbo:

Ah ah,

I can only speak from experience O,  it is very rare to find a balanced, thoughtful and sincere naija girl,  however it is very rare to meet a balanced, thoughtful and sincere naija guy, as we are all creatures of our upbringing. Nigeria is a place where the possession of money is valued above  what I consider to be more important virtues like moral character, intelligence and honesty. If we as men are honest, what we see is the fruit of our elder's sins. Because if as men we held a benchmark down in the home and the office, our women will follow.

It is no wonder that $$$ has become the axis of all action, thought and feeling in 9ja, to the extent that we have allowed it to destroy every institution from the family to govt. Anyway, I digress.

From my own personal experience in Naija, Brasil, Cote d'Ivoire, US, Sweden and many places in between, I just love Senegalese women, but that is a personal preference for character and body shape,   Come, come, below is a pic of my lovely wolof queen in Dakar.

Well-said bro!
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by publisher(m): 9:58pm On Nov 08, 2011
Nayah said:
SWAGFORCE honey, as I told you previously the most important is to be happy and there's no obligation for a Nigerian male to get married to his sister and from my point of  veix I truly believe that Nigerian men are still very close to their sisters even though they seem to be a bit harsh, they're crazy about them  

[size=15pt]Nayah,sweetheart tongue,u are right sha,last last most Naija males end up with a Nigerian sister. Though,the list of their halfcaste babies remain endless,but let the oyinbo baby mamas worry grin[/size]
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by Jenifa1: 10:00pm On Nov 08, 2011
Sagaman:

Think about it again and stop being so myopic and giving excuses.
The first part to change is the need to acknowledge a need for change.

Continue deluding yourself and absorbing yourselfs of blame and wonder why black men are looking elsewhere.

It is as ridiculous as Nigeria saying Westerners don't come to Nigeria for Tourism because they are racist and prefer to take their money to fellow white people (Spain, Monaco, USA, Greece etc) or black nations that are more servile than Nigeria. It is because we are proud and don't take shyt that they don't want to come to Nigeria for tourism.

Yeah! Obviously people can come with the most ridiculous excuses picked from the darkest corners of illogicality instead of accepting the real issue poking them in the eye.

It's d same reason black american men are doing it. same reason carribean men are doing it. same reason african men are doing it.
But it doesn't happen with muslims and born again christian men or men with strong cultural values.
I stand by my claim.
the answer is very obvious. It's an inferiority-complex

and your tourism analogy makes no sense.
Nigeria doesn't really need oyinbo tourism. Mostly former settler colonies (Kenya, SA etc) and settler colony wannabe (Ghana) have successful ones.
Even when they wanted to bring "Miss World" to us, the northerners refused it with violent reaction!!
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by MrCork17: 10:01pm On Nov 08, 2011
sexkillz.  bro u hav nothin to worry about since ur gayy albino.  Nigerian babes wunt miss you! wink
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by manny4life(m): 10:01pm On Nov 08, 2011
sexkillz:

Though I wouldn't speak on his statistics, however, geographic doesn't really play much of an important role in this case, but rather the dating pattern plays the role in the sampling. Though he mentioned it, but you if you read it properly, he did not assume U.K or U.S. as into consideration but the people involved (Nigerians) in the dating pattern. I think that's what he was talking about. Yes he was seeking opinion irrespective of where anyone is because like I said, geography plays little or no role in this case but Nigerians and their dating pattern is the key identifiers in this case, these are the two variables one have to access.
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Nov 08, 2011
It is clear from his post that he wasn't seeking the opinion of a specific group based on location. His question was an open one to find out if his observation was limited to his friends or not

again. . .

[size=14pt]Really? He wasnt seeking the opinion of a localized group? But he limited his observation to his "friends" in the Uk and Us alone! Why?

And how can you relate his post with the Title of this thread?
[/size]
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by Jenifa1: 10:05pm On Nov 08, 2011
manny4life:

Though I wouldn't speak on his statistics, however, geographic doesn't really play much of an important role in this case, but rather the dating pattern plays the role in the sampling. Though he mentioned it, but you if you read it properly, he did not assume U.K or U.S. as into consideration but the people involved (Nigerians) in the dating pattern. I think that's what he was talking about. Yes he was seeking opinion irrespective of where anyone is because like I said, geography plays little or no role in this case but Nigerians and their dating pattern is the key identifiers in this case, these are the two variables one have to access.

OP is clearly talking about the UK and US. and Nigerians abroad.
how many oyinbos do you know in Nigeria. In fact, the opposite is the case in Nigeria with naija women more likely to date oyinbo than vice versa.

You all seem to be ganging up on him for not joining you to bash nigerian women. hahaha shame on you
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by Sagaman: 10:08pm On Nov 08, 2011
Jenifa_:

It's d same reason black american men are doing it. same reason carribean men are doing it. same reason african men are doing it.
But it doesn't happen with muslims and born again christian men or men with strong cultural values.
I stand by my claim.
the answer is very obvious.

Ehen! grin grin grin grin grin

So you forgot the part of religion restricting the pool of people they associate with or can marry?

So African men have no "strong cultural values".

Jenifa_:

and your tourism analogy makes no sense.
Nigeria doesn't really need oyinbo tourism. Mostly former settler colonies (Kenya, SA etc) and settler colony wannabe (Ghana) have successful ones.
Even when they wanted to bring "Miss World" to us, the northerners refused it with violent reaction!!

Really?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I can't believe I said something as a ridicule that I was expecting you to repudiate, but you took it on and (to my shock) confirmed that is your thinking.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Na you be the best Minister of Economics and Finance I have ever come across.

This statement is so ludicrous, I can't go into too much detail as it clearly screams this person has no jackarse clue about national and global economics and the associated competitive dynamics.
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by manny4life(m): 10:12pm On Nov 08, 2011
Jenifa_:

OP is clearly talking about the UK and US. and Nigerians abroad.
how many oyinbos do you know in Nigeria. In fact, the opposite is the case in Nigeria with naija women more likely to date oyinbo than vice versa.

You all seem to be ganging up on him for not joining you to bash nigerian women. hahaha shame on you

Excuse me? Why the hell should I care if others are ganging up on him or not? What business of mine is it? We are merely talking English and Stats here and you are telling me we are ganging up on him for not joining to bash Nigerian women. I think that comment needs to be withdrawn, like seriously? Oh wow, I did not know I speak my mind? If the OP was bashing Nigerian women, would his post come across like he was worrisome of the trend?
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by BABE3: 10:12pm On Nov 08, 2011
LOL.

Oga Sexkillz, OP never asserted that it was a Nigerian thing, he only asked if it was a Nigerian thing. Big Big Big difference Sir.
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by manny4life(m): 10:14pm On Nov 08, 2011
BABE!:

LOL.

Oga Sexkillz, OP never asserted that it was a Nigerian thing, he only asked if it was a Nigerian thing. Big Big Big difference Sir.

Thank you,

In the beginning, he said "I observed", I mean his observation could as well be in Nigeria, Kenya, wherever etc, bottom line is that OP made clearly his intentions.
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Nov 08, 2011
LOL.

[size=14pt]Thank you ma!

Maybe you can reconcile the topic and that question. . . Thank you in advance!
[/size]
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by Jenifa1: 10:15pm On Nov 08, 2011
Sexkills probably lives in Nigeria and thus sees the misleading nature of the topic. especially the thread title.

OP should have specified "Nigerian babes/men abroad"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Curvy Female Doctor Is Causing Confusion On Social Media (photos) / Scandal In Enugu State As Governor Impregnates Wife's Younger Sister! / Should I Marry For Love Or Stability?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.