Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,610 members, 7,979,053 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 07:21 PM

Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? (18127 Views)

Guys, Some Facts About Nigerian Babes / American Babes Vs. Nigerian Babes / Nigerian Babes: Most Beautiful In The World! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by r231(m): 10:54pm On Nov 08, 2011
violent:

You, sir, are too da[i]f[/i]t to be a goat.  I worry that, there are probably many of you, half baked idiots out there, getting churned out by our epileptic educational system.

I recommend you take this advise;

what else do you have to lose?

hahahahaha LMAO grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by Jenifa1: 10:55pm On Nov 08, 2011
BABE!:

There is no confusion. The only people confused here are you and Sexkillz.

If a teacher succeeds in making 98% of his students understand the subject/topic he's teaching then, he has indeed succeeded. The 2% need tutors; special tutors.

What I see here is the 98% abroad who found it easy abusing and bullying the 2% for not finding it easy.
I live abroad by the way so I get the OP. but at the same time, I am able to put myself in sexkills shoes and understand his POV.
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by manny4life(m): 10:55pm On Nov 08, 2011
Jenifa_:

I think the fact that you guys are jumping on him unnecessarily.

this was his post. and he made valid point. OP was generalizing.
but all the guys decided to lash out at him for disagreeing that Nigerian babes are not losing out grin

I think this has been settled now so we might as well end it.

OP WASN'T generalizing, he asked a question --- this is part of survey statistics,

No one is jumping or ganging up on him after all he was the first person to insult OP, however, that isn't the case,
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by manny4life(m): 10:56pm On Nov 08, 2011
Jenifa_:

What I see here is the 98% abroad who found it easy abusing and bullying the 2% for not finding it easy.
I live abroad by the way so I get the OP. but at the same time, I am able to put myself in sexkills shoes and understand his POV.

Great! You see his POV so do I, however, we can both convince ourselves at the end of it all that we all have different interpretations of what OP meant.
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by BABE3: 10:57pm On Nov 08, 2011
Jenifa_:

I think the fact that you guys are jumping on him unnecessarily.
this was his post. and he made valid point. OP was generalizing.

Jumping on him Unnecessarily? Wats strong wit you people? How is anyone jumping on him Unnecessarily?

Listen to me carefully: OP WASN'T GENERALIZING!
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by seedord247(m): 10:57pm On Nov 08, 2011
Sagaman:

You are a cretin!

You claimed he said it was a Nigerian thing? So show where he said such!

Foooool! You think an internet forum is where you can throw your cretinous, chimpazee points like you are in your car park beer parlour?

Everything said is recorded and can be referred back to. Product of failed education system.

Brooo . .  e don do naw. ahahhaahhaah
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by Sagaman: 10:59pm On Nov 08, 2011
seedord247:

Meaning of cretin . . .

It's a good thing to turnout from Illiterate to literate

But it's unsatisfactory to hear that someone that own's a B.Sc now turnout to be a Unpleasant Illiterate.

When he was buying expo for SSCE, passing chips in exam hall and bribing lecturers, he did not know it will catch up with him.

Cretinous product of a failed education system!
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by violent(m): 11:00pm On Nov 08, 2011
Sagaman:

When he was buying expo for SSCE, passing chips in exam hall and bribing lecturers, he did not know it will catch up with him.

Lmao!
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by Jenifa1: 11:00pm On Nov 08, 2011
manny4life:

OP WASN'T generalizing, he asked a question --- this is part of survey statistics,

No one is jumping or ganging up on him after all he was the first person to insult OP, however, that isn't the case,

this (below) is a generalization to me.  especially when he talks about the "average nigerian girl"
and leaving it to us to automatically assume that he's talking about nigerian girls in diaspora.
Topic title as well points to this generalization.

yea you can sift through his post to understand what he means (esp. if you live abroad yourself and understand the context) but the generalizations are still there. he should have been more sensitive of his audience.
esp in topic title. that way, readers know what to expect.

Their excuse is that an average Nigerian girl has an unrivaled penchant for drama. I tried to make a case for the few good ones but it appears they all have their minds made up. One of them even got sarcastic about the whole thing. His words and I quote, "Dramatic Nigerian girls coupled with their inexcusable lack of romantic prowess is a no-no for me ."
Well, my case is different. I am lucky to have a drama-less  and romantic Naija babe, and I believe there are several others out there. Guys, is this the trend or one of those aberrations?
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by seedord247(m): 11:01pm On Nov 08, 2011
Sagaman:

Broo you can't blaim him. . . .  what do you expect from somebody that studies with Chinese Candle and Atupa.

Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by manny4life(m): 11:03pm On Nov 08, 2011
Jenifa_:

this (below) is a generalization to me.  especially when he talks about the "average nigerian girl"
and leaving it to us to automatically assume that he's talking about nigerian girls in diaspora.
Topic title as well points to this generalization.

yea you can sift through his post to understand what he means (esp. if you live abroad yourself and understand the context) but the generalizations are still there.

Sister, you are confused now, what part of the OP did he claim generalization? The part of the average Nigerian Girl was his friend talking to him, Am I missing something?
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by seedord247(m): 11:06pm On Nov 08, 2011
Una don Finish the calabar Boy . . . he don run go chop Paki and Dog
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by manny4life(m): 11:08pm On Nov 08, 2011
The part of

[size=20pt]Their [/size]excuse is that [size=30pt]an average Nigerian girl [/size]has an unrivaled penchant for drama

This was his friends generalizing NOT the OP, please someone tell me I'm wrong.
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by denzel2009: 11:10pm On Nov 08, 2011
seedord247:

Broo you can't blaim him. . . .  what do you expect from somebody that studies with Chinese Candle and Atupa.

Your peeshaun alone on this thread alone is gbankogbi

This has turned to Use of English, we have to brandish Brighter Grammar to log on to NL these days! cheesy
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by Jenifa1: 11:11pm On Nov 08, 2011
I suggest a moderator steps in at this point.

all the name calling and verbal abuses aren't flying for me. lol
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by Jenifa1: 11:15pm On Nov 08, 2011
BABE!:

Jeniva, Jeniva,

His/your POV is whakitty whack. There's only one correct POV to this topic, and that is what the 98% understand.

then leave his "whakitty whack' POV alone. To me the guy is upholding his view (which is very valid).
why not ignore it since 98% are behind you anyway. what's with the mob justice.

bullying is not good  cool
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by dayokanu(m): 11:16pm On Nov 08, 2011
See wetin WAEC expo don cause
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by Basseti: 11:16pm On Nov 08, 2011
I really dont understand why all these insults for something so simple and clear. Abeg, save those insults for more serious issues.

I observed that most of my friends who live and study in the US and UK are dating non-Nigerian girls.
An observation that someone made. Last time I checked, observations are still legal.

This is worrisome.
An expression of concern which again is perfectly legit.

Their excuse is that an average Nigerian girl has an unrivaled penchant for drama

This is where accusations of generalization are genuine. However, the sentence is clear on who is doing the generalization and it is not the OP.

Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men?

An attempt by the OP to see if his observations is a reflection of a more general trend ( ie increase his sample size).

Simple response: Yes or No would have sufficed.
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by Jenifa1: 11:18pm On Nov 08, 2011
manny4life:

and is the thread title his friends' too?

The thread title is clearly a generalization. it also perpetuates the generalizations he credits to his friends.
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Nov 08, 2011

[size=14pt]His friends generalized and his topic? [/size]
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by Basseti: 11:22pm On Nov 08, 2011
Jenifa_:

The thread title is clearly a generalization. it also perpetuates the generalizations he credits to his friends.

Madame, the title of the thread was presented in form of a question. Unless if you are arguing that it is rhetorical?  undecided
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by Repubocrat(m): 11:22pm On Nov 08, 2011
Another thread down the drain.

Sexkillz, you need to humble yourself and concede. Your rebuttals have been logically countered. Let's call it a day.
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by Jenifa1: 11:23pm On Nov 08, 2011
Basseti:

Their excuse is that an average Nigerian girl has an unrivaled penchant for drama

This is where accusations of generalization are genuine. However, the sentence is clear on who is doing the generalization and it is not the OP.

Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men?

An attempt by the OP to see if his observations is a reflection of a more general trend ( ie increase his sample size).

Simple response: Yes or No would have sufficed.

Sexkill's point is that it is illogical to even try to use that observation as a reflection of a more general trend.
Nigerian babes cannot lose out on Nigeiran men in Nigeria. . It is illogical.
I do commend you for recognizing the generalizations.
That is Sexkill's point.
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by violent(m): 11:24pm On Nov 08, 2011
sexkillz:

[size=14pt]No!
Very soon you'll tell me an "Average Nigerian Girl" means those in the Uk and Us too! I hope money on your Education is not been wasted! Foolish girl![/size]

now this has got to be the dumbest remark made since NL's existence.  I cannot for the life of me comprehend how people could be so daft.  Yes, you idiiot, an average Nigerian girl includes any girl of Nigerian roots. . .doesn't matter if she lives in Mars!

I find it appalling that you see yourself fit to be in the position where you "hope that monies spent on others education has not been wasted". . .clearly the resources spent half baking you would have yielded better results elsewhere, opportunity costs forgone. . .what we have instead is an idiiot who couldn't understand the simplest things and would make the dumbest, weakest arguments ever. . .

I now dub thee Nairaland most gracious idiiot, i wouldn't be surprised if your IQ bears the same digits with your age.
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by manny4life(m): 11:25pm On Nov 08, 2011
Jenifa_:

and is the thread title his friends' too?

Ok you win, will that end your argument?  
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by manny4life(m): 11:27pm On Nov 08, 2011
sexkillz:

[size=14pt]His friends generalized and his topic? [/size]

SO the topic is the cause of all this headache? embarassed embarassed

Come on y'all can we just agree o disagree on this topic? So much energy put into trying to examine if this was appropriate or not; if it was generalization or not, damn! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Nov 08, 2011
now this has got to be the dumbest remark made since NL's existence.  I cannot for the life of me comprehend how people could be so daft.  Yes, you idiiot, an average Nigerian girl [size=20pt]includes [/size]
any girl of Nigerian roots. . .doesn't matter if she lives in Mars!

[size=14pt]So did he generalize or not? Bingo![/size]
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by Jenifa1: 11:29pm On Nov 08, 2011
Basseti:

Madame, the title of the thread was presented in form of a question. Unless if you are arguing that it is rhetorical?  undecided

and do you see a logic in the question when it is applied to Nigeria?
read my last post in respond to yours. and also take the time to read sexkill's first post to this topic.

I'm sure OP didn't create it meaning to be illogical. He must have done so thinking everyone on this website are based abroad thereby excusing the generalization. the problem really arises from a lack of sensitive to the fact that there will be nigerian based readers.

Like I said somewhere else, this is not the first thread like this where posters in the diaspora clash with ones based in Nigeria over topic meaning/ interpretation
It's all about the context. and it was missing in this topic.
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by seedord247(m): 11:30pm On Nov 08, 2011
I don die ooooo o o o.

More than 200 ascent on nairaland.

I'm going to De-activavte my Netflix Subcription  tongue tongue. . . Nairaland is a Fun place to be.
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by Jenifa1: 11:37pm On Nov 08, 2011
Sagaman:

A person with a single brain cell . . .

I will not engage in an argument with you because you (sagamite or fstanger) are not worth it.
I am not here to trade words or verbal abuse.
cool
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by seedord247(m): 11:39pm On Nov 08, 2011
Jenifa_:

I will not engage in an argument with you because you (sagamite or fstanger) are not worth it.
I am not here to trade words or verbal abuse.
cool

But you can put more gas in the fire. smiley smiley
Re: Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? by manny4life(m): 11:39pm On Nov 08, 2011
Repubocrat:

Another thread down the drain.

Sexkillz, you need to humble yourself and concede. Your rebuttals have been logically countered. Let's call it a day.

No way, this thread I predict will go to another 4pages, I'm all listening to what's gonna happen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Ladies, Cooking For Your Boyfriend Doesn't Make You A Wife Material. / Nigerian Men Aren't Romantic.... PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 / Why Are Some Men So Quick To Label Women Gold-diggers? Does Love Mean Poverty/suffering?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.