Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,155 members, 7,890,913 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 12:33 AM

An Open Letter To Nigerian Girls And Ladies - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / An Open Letter To Nigerian Girls And Ladies (14854 Views)

An Open Letter To Nigerian Boyfriends / An Open Letter To Emeka My Ex Boyfriend / Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Girls And Ladies by amaikama(m): 8:46am On Sep 21, 2007
nice piece and well constructed but do they have ears to hear? do they ever have eyes to see? they just don't learn angry and they will never ever learn. angry

it just unfortunate. cry
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Girls And Ladies by Orikinla(m): 9:12am On Sep 21, 2007
A married friend who read the article said too much sex is good for married couples. But I have seen where a husband beat up the wife at 2 am, because she said she was too tired to have sex. And she confessed that he made love to her like he was making love to a log of wood.

Please, note I was a peer educator for commercial sex workers in Calabar and Lagos.
And I know a campus girl who said I must hate her if I am against abortion. Because, she has had seven abortions. And every medical doctor knows that abortion is harmful to the uterus.
Even if she is using contraceptives, she would know that contraceptives have side effects.
Females who indulge in indiscriminate sex should know better. 

The fact is both nubile girls and ladies use sex as their bargaining chip.
Girls use sex to ask for favours from boys and men.
Ladies use sex for the same reasons.
And this is wrong.

A girl or a lady should be brilliant, intelligent and smart enough to use her intellectual skills to succeed in life and not by sleeping around or by sleeping with men who can afford to pay her price.

I know a very brilliant Nigerian lady who is a senior banker with the First Bank of Nigeria Plc who has been disciplined all her life since I have known from childhood in a tenement in Shomolu to University of Lagos. She made Upper Class and added two Masters.
She is black and beautiful and the only daughter of her parents.
She did not use poverty as an excuse to abuse and misuse her womanhood.
She used her brains to study and work her way out of poverty and she is very comfortable now.
Everybody in her family is very comfortable now.
She is the epitome of the virtuous woman.

Therefore, girls and ladies who believe that they have to use sex to get what they want or make it in the world are wrong.

I have known both black and white women since 1980 to date, so I can rely on my experience to tell the truth.

I maintain that too much sex is dangerous and harmful.

Girls and ladies should stop using sex as a weapon.

You are more worthy than that.

Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Girls And Ladies by mekoyo(m): 9:23am On Sep 21, 2007
This thread is just great. Its one of the best i have seen on nairaland.
I just hope that our ladies and young girls will read this with all sincererity and learn from this.

Let she that has an ear hear.
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Girls And Ladies by nikkygal(f): 9:44am On Sep 21, 2007
Very nice article; deep and  very insightful.

Before we get carried away, its also important to note that such advice applies to the guys as well cos we live in a society thats so quick to castigate the female in any circumstances, without understanding the circumstances that led to such actions.  cheesy

Men too should learn to be fithful to their partners and be sincere in their ways; its not everyone thats looking for a ready-made man; some men are also never contented with their gal and keep skirt-chasing all over town.

This  is word for girls and guys in the reverse  tongue.

My 2 cents wink
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Girls And Ladies by jkpretty(f): 9:46am On Sep 21, 2007
king-jaja:

really good post, but you stressed to ladies not to roll with rich men - what about the case whereby a poor man met a lady and agreed to marry each other - then the couple hustled together and made money bigtime! - then the bobo see say he done get money so decides to sleep around? undecided that happens a lot - the best thing is to pray to God to give you a faithful partner or a man like me grin

Is this coming from a guy? I'm glad u know some truth.

@Poster
great!
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Girls And Ladies by husu(m): 9:58am On Sep 21, 2007
Pls is there any consequences of too much sex in boys?. cause i"ve waisted many sperms.
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Girls And Ladies by pgm(m): 10:04am On Sep 21, 2007
@poster

old story!  good though if only for remindance

husu:

Please is there any consequences of too much sex in boys?. cause i"ve waisted many sperms.

grin grin grin
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Girls And Ladies by anney(f): 11:33am On Sep 21, 2007
NICE PIECE .I LOVE DIS.PLS GET A WRITE UP FOR GUYS TOO, I WILL REALY APPRECIATE IT .
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Girls And Ladies by oyinyechi(f): 11:47am On Sep 21, 2007
Thanks for the post, God Bless You So Sai
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Girls And Ladies by poeticsoul: 11:55am On Sep 21, 2007
it IS a nicepost but trite and very tired, the heart wants the heart . it might not be necessarily be money or the ready made man as so many of u blv, it might just be a tortured soul desperate for love and affection. we are struggling with the flesh, we all pray that God gives us the grace to remain blameless until that day, pls dnt judge or sling mud,ok well u may but only those without sin. may grace suffice and may we imbibe only what is good for us. cheesy
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Girls And Ladies by eko4show(m): 12:04pm On Sep 21, 2007
good piece as regards the level of articulation and clearity of thought, but am certainly stuned by the hypocricy of most of the responces to the thread.

i wander how much news it will be if i told my three year old girl that if she jumps up, she will certainly come down
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Girls And Ladies by kolette(f): 12:19pm On Sep 21, 2007
Yeah! brainy and gorgeous piece.
Keep it up boy.
My 'waka about' sister must read this.
Thanx buddy. wink
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Girls And Ladies by Fikzy(f): 12:36pm On Sep 21, 2007
Good post.

But hey, I was thinking. Most guys reading this post [especially those in the she-haunting biz] will agree that most of them are feeling deeply responsible for most of these calamity befalling the she-specie. as stated in the post, guys have been described as deceitful, greedy, tricky, liars + e.t.c, in short, guys cause 60% of these situations with the ladies.

If we say they are a weaker vessel, that means that we know that even if they are aware of these stuffs posted by Orikinla we are still able to deceive a greater number of them to fall into our dick-net.

So, to the guys, don’t judge a girl until you have had chances to take advantage of them but did not. I bet there are a few of us that qualify to judge them.

Nice post Orikinla, but its a pity that only a few of them will make it through like the brilliant Nigerian lady who is a senior banker with the First Bank of Nigeria Plc unless the guys are willing to support them.

Remember, they are weaker; we are expected to be there for them, not taste some of the fruits from the buddy
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Girls And Ladies by benit(f): 12:58pm On Sep 21, 2007
If only we could highlight our potentials as women then we would appreciate what we are worth. Many women believe their whole lives revolves around men and sadly our society supports this to an extent.
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Girls And Ladies by Maxidoe(m): 1:20pm On Sep 21, 2007
Hey nice and thoughtful post,but theirs a part that i think is totally untrue and misleading,i don't think too much sex is bad,what is bad is too much sex with multiple partners,but no amount of sex with a single partner is bad,so house no need to panic,if you go down with just one person,that is especially for the gals. grin
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Girls And Ladies by uchy: 1:22pm On Sep 21, 2007
Nice post, i wish we will create time to study the Holy Bible to understand and not just ready for ready sake
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Girls And Ladies by Zaar(m): 1:50pm On Sep 21, 2007
A word to the wise is enough. God bless you
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Girls And Ladies by Geolalisa(f): 2:15pm On Sep 21, 2007
Awesome post! i appreciate.thanks alot.
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Girls And Ladies by Bblak(f): 2:35pm On Sep 21, 2007
@poster
Nice and great words!
A word they say is enough for the wise. lipsrsealed
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Girls And Ladies by Bukkenzo(f): 2:54pm On Sep 21, 2007
Very interesting.
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Girls And Ladies by efuah(f): 2:56pm On Sep 21, 2007
CLAP CLAP CLAP

good peice kiss this is for ladies all over the world no "nigeria" alone.
we all need it! i hope we read well and apply to our lives too.
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Girls And Ladies by Tonyblu(m): 3:12pm On Sep 21, 2007
Very interesting!
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Girls And Ladies by Tonyblu(m): 3:21pm On Sep 21, 2007
Very captivating!
A word is enuff . . .
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Girls And Ladies by minute(f): 3:25pm On Sep 21, 2007
this is really nice,i love it!!
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Girls And Ladies by RedLips3(f): 3:31pm On Sep 21, 2007
orikinla, are you saying that a women should avoid sex in marriage then since the dream is marrying FOREVER and I assume sex is part of this
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Girls And Ladies by tglaz(m): 3:33pm On Sep 21, 2007
nice post bros,but how i wish you knew how unrepentant and uncaring most ladies are these days.however,let the truth be said, no matter what.
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Girls And Ladies by Bosdem(f): 4:09pm On Sep 21, 2007
Thanks a million!
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Girls And Ladies by Nobody: 4:27pm On Sep 21, 2007
Nice Admonition!

I'm sure 99.9% of the ladies in the house know this, safe the younger ones within the age bracket (9-13years) undecided, But the problem is that they lack the power to say "NO". It takes a REAL determined and God fearing lady to take her stand and desit from such act.  "For she that liveth in pleasure, is dead while she liveth!" 1st Timothy 5:6.

Each time I see toddlers, I mean girls in Primary, Secondary school even tertiary institutions being easily lured, It pains my heart and wish I could help them all out. And the most annoying thing is that they feel as long as others are doing it, Then, It's No big DEAL! Even the Role Model they've got are not showing good examples.

[b]N.B[/b]To all Ladies: Remember, You're a mirror through which they see, So, let's begin to live positively and courageously so as not to lead the younger generation astray. Let's be Women Of Great Acheivements that they could look up to as ROLE MODELS.

All the best.

www.gkcfoundation..com. . . . . . It's all about the YOUTH cheesy
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Girls And Ladies by stephanay(m): 4:37pm On Sep 21, 2007
in as much as i appraciate the attention this "letter" seems to be getting, i beg to differ in my opinion.

i think the letter is too chavinistic and it does not speak well of Nigerian ladies.

wen did nigerian girls become the only ones in the whole world to possess these traits u claim?

mr orikinla, ive read many of your works and i must say that ure a good writer but this, coming from you is a big surprise considering the elements of sex in many of ur works.

u often portray urself as a man with many women and that (if i am allowed to be feministic to the core) is in itself apalling.

if you need nigerian girsl to sit up, you also need to fasten ur belt.

my conclusion remains that this article should nto be considered as an intellectual piece in any way! its too priggish and i wonder what the fascination is!

kindly note that you do not always have to sign off with the number of books youve written, if ure that good, believe me, everyone will know.

thanks
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Girls And Ladies by RedLips3(f): 5:10pm On Sep 21, 2007
I must say I agree with stephanay.
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Girls And Ladies by Sobola75(f): 5:26pm On Sep 21, 2007
Orikinla,

Thumbs up for you.

I pray they Will listen. But my question is, how many of them read something like this? If you come to my area in Abeokuta and see how these girls traded what they wanted now for what they wanted most, you would be sorry for their beings. I pray, God will touch their hearts.
Re: An Open Letter To Nigerian Girls And Ladies by Sobola75(f): 5:35pm On Sep 21, 2007
Stephanay,

The word is "chauvinistic" not chavinistic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Find It Hard To Keep Dating Girls Who R Boring In Chatting... / "Olive Juice" Instead of "I Love You" / Valentine: Nigerians Are The ‘most Romantic’ — Survey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.