Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,988 members, 7,873,181 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:19 AM

A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? (17871 Views)

URGENT, 70k Monthly Salary Or Marketing Executive At Mutual Benefit Assurance. / Teaching Job Of 20k Salary Or Okada Hustle? / Do Insurance Companies Pay Salary Or It's Just Commission? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by Besuccesful: 7:42pm On May 22
Go for what makes you happy.

Meanwhile, I am the head recruiter of MDRecruit Agency. You can contact us whenever you need a staff in your company.

We only recruit for Lagos companies for now!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by aywagze(m): 7:42pm On May 22
Imagination don wound this op ..🤔

1 Like

Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by BuharisBoy: 7:43pm On May 22
Choosing between starting a business and working a salaried job is a significant decision with distinct pros and cons for each path. Here’s a comprehensive look at both:

Starting a Business
Pros:

Independence and Control: You have the freedom to make decisions and steer the business in the direction you choose.
Potential for Higher Earnings: Successful businesses can yield substantial profits, often exceeding the income from salaried jobs.
Flexibility: You can set your own schedule and work environment, which can lead to a better work-life balance.
Personal Satisfaction: Building something from the ground up can be highly rewarding and fulfilling.
Learning and Growth: Running a business requires you to develop a wide range of skills, from financial management to marketing, which can be intellectually stimulating.
Cons:

Financial Risk: Businesses require capital to start, and there’s always the risk of financial loss if the business fails.
Workload and Stress: Entrepreneurs often work long hours, especially in the startup phase, which can lead to high levels of stress.
Uncertainty: Income can be unstable, particularly in the early stages of a business.
Responsibilities: Being the owner means you are responsible for all aspects of the business, including managing employees, handling legal matters, and ensuring profitability.
Limited Benefits: Entrepreneurs typically don’t have access to employer-provided benefits such as health insurance, retirement plans, or paid leave.
Working a Salaried Job
Pros:

Stable Income: Salaried jobs provide a predictable and regular paycheck, which can offer financial security and stability.
Benefits: Many salaried positions come with additional benefits like health insurance, retirement plans, paid vacation, and sick leave.
Work-Life Balance: Some jobs offer fixed hours, which can help maintain a healthier work-life balance.
Lower Risk: The financial risk is lower since you’re not investing your own money into the business.
Career Development: Companies often provide opportunities for professional development, training, and career advancement.
Cons:

Limited Control: As an employee, you have less control over your work and the company’s direction.
Income Ceiling: Salaried positions often come with a fixed income, with limited potential for significant increases in salary compared to business profits.
Job Security: Despite the perception of stability, jobs can be lost due to company downsizing, restructuring, or other external factors.
Dependency: Your financial well-being is dependent on the company’s performance and decisions.
Potential for Monotony: Some salaried jobs can become routine and lack the excitement and variety that comes with running a business.
Conclusion
Choosing between starting a business and working a salaried job depends on your personal goals, risk tolerance, financial situation, and lifestyle preferences. Entrepreneurs may thrive on the challenges and potential rewards of running a business, while those who value stability and a structured environment may prefer the benefits of a salaried job. Assessing your own strengths, weaknesses, and aspirations is crucial in making the right decision for your career and personal life.
Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by Benjamin4388(m): 7:47pm On May 22
Paramount01:

Lolz,I am a private school teacher with a sakry of 60k I do dirty job that pays me #250k in a months,my students sees me and laugh but I know I am richer than some of their fathers,abeg laugh me but let me sha get money

what the dirty job please ?
Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by tnerro1(m): 7:48pm On May 22
You dey look down on 400k work for this APC economy?

E be like your village people dey dial ur number ooo
Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by malali: 7:52pm On May 22
Samboizz:
Care to explain how selling pepper is "unbefitting" ??

I sold pepper when i was doing NYSC.
There was scarcity the year before.
So i loaded it in a warehouse at 3k per bag
Sold at 7k per bag 3 months later.
Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by silento(m): 7:52pm On May 22
Inferior complex mumu person
Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by maasoap(m): 7:56pm On May 22
GloriousGbola:
Dumb clickbaiting as always

What is the potential of the office job vs the potential of the pepper selling?

That is the proper question.

Your own proper question can't give satisfactory answers unless we know what to expect from both
Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by eleniyan2020: 7:58pm On May 22
Ayokequeen:
Kindly give your candid opinion on this matter.
As a master holder what would you rather go for; a clean office job of 100k salary or a legit but unbefitting business like selling pepper that makes a profit of 400k monthly?
what is special about the master?
Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by maasoap(m): 8:04pm On May 22
yad2eidi:
It is unbefitting for someone who spent so many years and money studying till his masters to be selling pepper as a job. that's a job for illiterates and dropouts.
if he used all the money he spent getting a degree and spent all that time selling pepper he would have been the riches pepper selling merchant in nigeria. some jobs are unbefitting. call a spade a spade.
even people who will look down on him when they come to buy his pepper are asking what an unbefitting job for a masters holder is.

You know many Nigerians are hypocrites, see as most of them are commenting and asking Op the same question like they don't understand his point. Ask to see how many of them doing buying and selling or are self employed and see disappointment.
You don't need university first degree to be able to sell pepper not to talk of master degree. Why would you spend many years studying to the level of master degree and at the end of the day, dragging pepper baskets with Abokis and uneducated market women? grin grin grin. You don't even deserve those degrees to begin with.
But I get it, this is a very messed up country where university graduates have turned to okada riders because of no jobs or low paying jobs everywhere. That's the only reason

1 Like

Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by Emeskhalifa(m): 8:07pm On May 22
Twoclans:
How much is the salary of a professor again? undecided

400k income unbefitting? God abeg ohh.

I am in his shoes and I can relate. Truth is, you can't have it all

You either go for the small salary but well packaged life or go for the dirty underrated job with higher profits.

In my case, I choose the underrated but na only me know how I take dey endure people mouth

3 Likes

Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by maasoap(m): 8:12pm On May 22
eleniyan2020:
what is special about the master?
That's because you now have a country doesn't reward education. What is special about Master is the effort, time and money resource that you put into it before you are honoured with it plus the the additional knowledge you acquired while at it. Dunce
Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by AImoneyAdder: 8:12pm On May 22
SmileDance:
Any Legal business that can pay 400k in a month is not un befitting for a Master's degree holder.

Simple Truth
Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by AImoneyAdder: 8:13pm On May 22
Alot of Nigerians Need A Job-Business Re-Orientation !

How's Selling Pepper Unbefitting When It Yields You Monthly Profits of 400,000 Naira ?
Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by AUTOCRATIC(m): 8:13pm On May 22
You still have pride as poor man. What is unbifiting job
Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by lululovesblue(f): 8:19pm On May 22
I don't think the point of others is that as a master's degree holder you don't deserve a job that would make up for all your years of schooling. It's the fact that in this economy the most sensible decision would be to go for the job paying four times the amount of the clean office job, because cleanliness doesn't pay the bills. You said it yourself though, the situation is messed up. Nobody wants to take their degree to sell pepper. But if it pays? A lot of Nigerians would abandon their dignity and do it, with the way things are. The question is, are you going to drag baskets with uneducated abokis and make a little profit or are you going to drag your empty stomach to work for four times less the amount?
maasoap:

You know many Nigerians are hypocrites, see as most of them are commenting and asking Op the same question like they don't understand his point. Ask to see how many of them doing buying and selling or are self employed and see disappointment.
You don't need university first degree to be able to sell pepper not to talk of master degree. Why would you spend many years studying to the level of master degree and at the end of the day, dragging pepper baskets with Abokis and uneducated market women? grin grin grin. You don't even deserve those degrees to begin with.
But I get it, this is a very messed up country where university graduates have turned to okada riders because of no jobs or low paying jobs everywhere. That's the only reason
Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by Love800(m): 8:20pm On May 22
Ronaldo
adebowales:
Have you ever seen a salary earner driving a private jet?
Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by Love800(m): 8:22pm On May 22
Is not everyone dat will do business.

Plan your career or life where your strength is.
able20:

If you focus on decent office jobs, you can only struggle to survive the next 30years.
Invest in business, challenge yourself and you can make a fortune
Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by Love800(m): 8:28pm On May 22
In as much business(enterprenuership) is the way to go, but not everyone will do business. Some their power or thinking nor fit do business. They might have other plans because of this.
Sometimes it depends on what you want in life. Me, i say see e go hard for me to get salary work. Dats why i dive to learning snacks/pastries.
77up:
Yes, this is Nigeria youths' mentality that has been keeping many in hands to mouth situation. Imagine calling a business that pays 400k a month unbefitting while a patry 100k job a month is befitting in the name of nodding tie , suits and black shoes every day.

When someone intentionally come from abroad to start the same pepper business and he's making a lot of money.

Oyinbo don't live their life like this, it would have been better if op did not add "unbefitting" to it, funny.
Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by Twoclans(f): 8:29pm On May 22
Emeskhalifa:

I am in his shoes and I can relate. Truth is, you can't have it all

You either go for the small salary but well packaged life or go for the dirty underrated job with higher profits.

In my case, I choose the underrated but na only me know how I take dey endure people mouth

My dear the first step to achieving peace of mind is to do you.No human being can please people.

Just try and beg for assistance, when you experience peoples response both in your front and behind you it will reset your brain.

As long as the hustle pays your bills and allows for growth and development in your life please ignore.

My greatest fear in life is to have to ask for anything.I don't want to ever be in such situation.That is what pushes me,I recommend you adopt same.

1 Like

Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by Bahamas95(m): 8:33pm On May 22
The problem with some people is that they prefer living fake lives.

What do you mean by unbefitting? Who you wan impress?
Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by Paramount01(m): 8:33pm On May 22
Benjamin4388:

what the dirty job please ?

You fit pack dirty?I have a vehicle,I pack waste
Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by Emeskhalifa(m): 8:33pm On May 22
Twoclans:

My dear the first step to achieving peace of mind is to do you.No human being can please people.

Just try and beg for assistance, when you experience peoples response both in your front and behind you it will reset your brain.

As long as the hustle pays your bills and allows for growth and development in your life please ignore.

My greatest fear in life is to have to ask for anything.I don't want to ever be in such situation.That is what pushes me,I recommend you adopt same.

Yeah. Thanks for the advice

1 Like

Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by Love800(m): 8:34pm On May 22
What are you saying!

Ronaldo
Wigwe
Are these two people not salary earner?
Deogratiasfx:

Poor people and Job. Have you ever seen any wealthy person that is a salary earner? If u want to be small, pls pick the job, otherwise, go for the business even if u can make is 50k monthly. In few months or yrs, u will realize u have staff that u can even pay more than that salary from that clean (slavery) office job of 100k
Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by Evidenx(m): 8:39pm On May 22
Ayokequeen:

Actually I didn't mean to call any business unbefitting but I just couldn't find a better word to explain my point.
What I meant is seeing a master degree holder doing some business that many people would say it's below thier standard as graduate. For instance when your course mate sees you riding okada while he's in his clean suit and long tie, whereas your earnings in a week can pay off his two months salary.
Am in the same situation now,but I have decided already.

Let me just say it,I was a supervisor in a company where I have alot of people calling me sir sir but salary is 40k but now I got another job,( let me use your word below standard) as a security in a bank with salary of 120k and other allowances weekly amounting over 128k per month, bro,I switch sharply.

Money must be made,forget the downgrading or below standard whatever. Nigeria hard,na big salary we dey find now

2 Likes

Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by femmy2010(m): 8:40pm On May 22
un befitting what?
When it has to do with making ends meet, an unbefitting should be out of your dictionary.
Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by Asiri1991: 8:42pm On May 22
The unbefiting job here is prostitution.

Nothing you want tell me.
Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by maasoap(m): 8:44pm On May 22
lululovesblue:
I don't think the point of others is that as a master's degree holder you don't deserve a job that would make up for all your years of schooling. It's the fact that in this economy the most sensible decision would be to go for the job paying four times the amount of the clean office job, because cleanliness doesn't pay the bills. You said it yourself though, the situation is messed up. Nobody wants to take their degree to sell pepper. But if it pays? A lot of Nigerians would abandon their dignity and do it, with the way things are. The question is, are you going to drag baskets with uneducated abokis and make a little profit or are you going to drag your empty stomach to work for four times less the amount?

This is it. It is a dilemma but most responders made it looks like it is a simple decision for someone who has used significant part of his to get education.
Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by Deogratiasfx: 9:17pm On May 22
Love800:
What are you saying!

Ronaldo
Wigwe
Are these two people not salary earner?

Pls go for job and leave me alone. I only gave my opinion.
Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by Elxandre(m): 9:21pm On May 22
A drunk man created this thread.
Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by Testimony1988(m): 9:33pm On May 22
Go for the latter.
Re: A Clean Office Job Of 100k Salary Or An Unbefitting Business Of 400k? by Ishoola: 9:43pm On May 22
Mumu you be, at the end money is made.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fire Service Replacement 2015 / Recruitment At Central Bank Of Nigeria - 5 Open Positions Left / 2013/2014 Nigeria Custom Service Recruitment Form Is Out?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.