Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,298 members, 7,881,100 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:25 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1295) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2378624 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1292) (1293) (1294) (1295) (1296) (1297) (1298) ... (3565) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KevinDein: 2:17pm On Oct 07, 2018
This team is just built to score goals. Amazing the amount of clear cut chances they produce almost every game (albeit they so give up chances themselves). The pattern of attack is very unpredictable, multidimensional and that makes it difficult for opponents to live with them. I'll stress it again, we'll outscore many teams in this league (we could have outscored Chelsea if Auba and Mhiki didn't have an off day).

We are heading in the right direction and we'll be so much better if Emery eventually gets his own players.

COYG
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KevinDein: 2:33pm On Oct 07, 2018
Another point; it's amazing how much better Arsenal play in second halves (scored the most second half goals in the league so far). This is testament to Emery's in-match reading skills and the fact that he isn't afraid to tweak his system or sub off under performing players no matter who they are.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Miremoses1(m): 2:42pm On Oct 07, 2018
So Ramsey scored today. shocked

Does that mean a celeb will die tomorrow
lipsrsealed
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by TLona1: 2:59pm On Oct 07, 2018
sod09:
we actually tried last February under wengay

No what I'm saying is if they're able to maintain this form till February or thereabout, we'll be convinced that there's truly a change.

We're already used to seeing them flex their muscles at the early stage and later on they begin to fuçk up especially after January transfer window
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Hardetayour: 3:01pm On Oct 07, 2018
Iwobi has impressed me this season. Looks like he's enjoying himself on the field of play.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Hardetayour: 3:02pm On Oct 07, 2018
And I like the fact that the team is being rotated. Keeps the players fresh and hungry.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 3:25pm On Oct 07, 2018
TLona1:

No what I'm saying is if they're able to maintain this form till February or thereabout, we'll be convinced that there's truly a change.

We're already used to seeing them flex their muscles at the early stage and later on they begin to fuçk up especially after January transfer window
okay...I think with the right signings we will scale through

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 07, 2018
Emery nominated September manager of the month

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 3:48pm On Oct 07, 2018
The same style of Goal that Lacazette scored in the first half is the same kind and style that Auba scored in the second.

I can beat my chest and say that Torreira is the most fouled player this season in Europe. wetin sef!?

The multi dimensional pace towards attack is sleeky. only 8touches to that Ramsey goal. And Mehn, I'm impressed. but let Emery get some African defenders that have a high work rate.

Once that defence zips up, the goal difference would begin to look sensible.

Iwobi needs to be faster once he arrives the opponents box. Coaches bow know his game is towards passing to a teammate. He should add unpredictability to it by firing at goal. Even Bellerin that don't know how to shoot at goal did today. Overall, nice game.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 4:41pm On Oct 07, 2018
Ọmọ, that guy that marked Iwobi should go and change his engine and brake oil ó.

Iwobi nearly kill am with dribble grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by CAPSLOCKED: 4:45pm On Oct 07, 2018
Roland17:
Scoring for fun now grin

Auba gets his brace, he is a good finisher. I am happy our strikers are scoring again.

5-1 Arsenal

"Aubameyang just loves scoring goals more than Giggs loved his brother's wife" grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 5:31pm On Oct 07, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

"Aubameyang just loves scoring goals more than Giggs loved his brother's wife" grin
lmao
Giggs Kwa scummies legend always nacking his brother's wife

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 11:28am On Oct 08, 2018
The team rotation has made everyone buckled up, Emery is wise not to reason like Wenger and some fans by sticking to a certain starting 11 week in week out, thereby making the likes of iwobi,welbeck,Matteo mhicky,Ramsey laca turn to dead wood.

I reckon ozil will come back fired up as he won't want to be considered not good enough for starting.

I feel we still need that sharp fast dribbling winger and maybe big strong black tireless defender.

We wanted top4 the least, but seems Emery wants to be in the tittle race in his first year and that will be awesome.

Wishing the lads injury free international break.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 08, 2018
sod09:
lmao Giggs Kwa scummies legend always nacking his brother's wife
Lol! It should be how John Terry likes shagging his team mates wife. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 9:49pm On Oct 08, 2018
sarafa68:

Lol! It should be how John Terry likes shagging his team mates wife. grin
grin grin
Scummies and shekpe connection
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Hardetayour: 10:42pm On Oct 08, 2018
Fkhalifa:
The team rotation has made everyone buckled up, Emery is wise not to reason like Wenger and some fans by sticking to a certain starting 11 week in week out, thereby making the likes of iwobi,welbeck,Matteo mhicky,Ramsey laca turn to dead wood.

I reckon ozil will come back fired up as he won't want to be considered not good enough for starting.

I feel we still need that sharp fast dribbling winger and maybe big strong black tireless defender.

We wanted top4 the least, but seems Emery wants to be in the tittle race in his first year and that will be awesome.

Wishing the lads injury free international break.
You and black defenders. Be careful what u wish for

Remember Eric Bailly in Manure Utd. We need better defenders and a winger. That's all
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 9:43am On Oct 09, 2018
Hardetayour:
You and black defenders. Be careful what u wish for

Remember Eric Bailly in Manure Utd. We need better defenders and a winger. That's all
lmao....that guy(bailey) was so lost he was looking for himself
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Hardetayour: 1:52pm On Oct 09, 2018
sod09:
lmao....that guy(bailey) was so lost he was looking for himself
and person dey warn dem before dem buy am, dem say na hate
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 2:31pm On Oct 09, 2018
Abeg, I don't want any black defender(s) on our team. No offense but our brothers are mostly brute without game intelligence and technique.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 3:30pm On Oct 09, 2018
Roland17:
Abeg, I don't want any black defender(s) on our team. No offense but our brothers are mostly brute without game intelligence and technique.
it take alot of training and commitment for them to have technique
imagine mustafi was a black, omg lipsrsealed
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Hardetayour: 4:30pm On Oct 09, 2018
[quote author=Roland17 post=71927963]Abeg, I don't want any black defender(s) on our team. No offense but our brothers are mostly brute without game intelligence and technique. [p/quote] Defense isn't all about brute strength. It requires brains and ability to read the game. Strength is peripheral
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 5:48pm On Oct 09, 2018
sod09:
it take alot of training and commitment for them to have technique
imagine mustafi was a black, omg lipsrsealed

Lol @ "If Mustafi was black". Like @ Hardetayour said, they may have the brute strength, however, the modern game needs more than just physical strength, it requires a lot of positional intelligence and ball technique.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KevinDein: 1:49pm On Oct 10, 2018
Roland17:
Khalidou Koulibaly, Umtiti, Varane, Boateng all say hi.

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 2:21pm On Oct 10, 2018
KevinDein:
You just took it outta my mouth... shocked shocked cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 4:57pm On Oct 10, 2018
KevinDein:

In my initial post regarding this issue, I was careful to use the adverb "Mostly". That being said, Koulibaly is a very good defender, however, no one has watched Koulibaly outside of the Serie A/ Senegal and we are not sure if he would transition well. Boateng bawo? which one? The current Boateng or Boateng of 4 years ago? Varane may be the one I am open to but again, he is not exactly black.

Maybe I should rephrase and say I prioritize intelligence, particularly positional intelligence/ awareness and technique over brute strength/ power for that position.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KevinDein: 6:41pm On Oct 10, 2018
Roland17:

In my initial post regarding this issue, I was careful to use the adverb "Mostly". That being said, Koulibaly is a very good defender, however, no one has watched Koulibaly outside of the Serie A/ Senegal and we are not sure if he would transition well. Boateng bawo? which one? The current Boateng or Boateng of 4 years ago? Varane may be the one I am open to but again, he is not exactly black.

Maybe I should rephrase and say I prioritize intelligence, particularly positional intelligence/ awareness and technique over brute strength/ power for that position.
I'm finding it hard to believe those black players I listed would be key members of those top clubs without intelligence and technique. Admittedly black players are known to be physical and much stronger than players of other races but that's not all there is to their game.

Bailey himself was once a fine defender in Spain until he got ruined by Jose. Watch him regain his form under another manager.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KevinDein: 6:46pm On Oct 10, 2018
Just love the structure that's associated with this Arsenal team, especially when attacking. The players seem to be acting under instruction, a total contrast to Wengers method where the players just go out there and freely express themselves.

Things will only get better as the players have a better grasp of the new system

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by sod09(m): 7:12pm On Oct 10, 2018
KevinDein:

apart from koulibaly which one is playing for Africa country..what Roland mean is the black mentality that follows which make them think it's about physicality and not technique or intelligence.
Even the koulibaly is terrible

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by KevinDein: 7:39pm On Oct 10, 2018
sod09:
apart from koulibaly which one is playing for Africa country..what Roland mean is the black mentality that follows which make them think it's about physicality and not technique or intelligence.
Even the koulibaly is terrible
Koulibaly is terrible at what exactly grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 8:19pm On Oct 10, 2018
KevinDein:

I'm finding it hard to believe those black players I listed would be key members of those top clubs without intelligence and technique. Admittedly black players are known to be physical and much stronger than players of other races but that's not all there is to their game.

Bailey himself was once a fine defender in Spain until he got ruined by Jose. Watch him regain his form under another manager.

There may be a justified argument that Bailey is being mismanaged by Mou, heck the entire Man Utd squad is being mismanaged by Mou. However, that excuse will not hold for me in Bailly's instance and this is because Bailly was a one season wonder with Villarreal (2016/2016 season). Consequently, it does not surprise me that he has flopped and that is why he can not be compared to others. He is all about brawn and no brains and in this instance, I mean intelligence and technique.

The art of defending is no longer about strength and power, the game has transitioned past that and most black defenders are still stuck in that phase. I am ardent follower of the Serie A and I am eager to see Koulibaly outside the Serie A. Most of the high profile defenders from the Serie A have struggled after they leave the league.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:15pm On Oct 10, 2018
Roland17:

There may be a justified argument that Bailey is being mismanaged by Mou, heck the entire Man Utd squad is being mismanaged by Mou. However, that excuse will not hold for me in Bailly's instance and this is because Bailly was a one season wonder with Villarreal (2016/2016 season). Consequently, it does not surprise me that he has flopped and that is why he can not be compared to others. He is all about brawn and no brains and in this instance, I mean intelligence and technique.

The art of defending is no longer about strength and power, the game has transitioned past that and most black defenders are still stuck in that phase. I am ardent follower of the Serie A and I am eager to see Koulibaly outside the Serie A. Most of the high profile defenders from the Serie A have struggled after they leave the league.
In England, physicality rules. The Leicester duo of few seasons ago - Morgan and Huth comes to mind
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Fkhalifa(m): 9:57pm On Oct 10, 2018
In today's football, especially in England, physicality and strength rules..
Why dou you think Chelsea and Leicester won the league?
Fabregas himself said football used to be techniques and brains, but now power and pace..

I've watched Chelsea's luiz and rudiger well this season, and one thing I get jealous and wish we have is their strength, physicality and aggression, there's nothing much special about them technically.

Koscienly despite his brilliant play,his lack of physicality costs us a lot, I remembered how lukaku,pogba and griezmen fell him off the ball.

Our center pairings of Campbell and Toure was succesful largely because of physicality.

Mustafi,bellerrin,chambers,holding and monreal are sexy girls,and that's why Diego Costa and other ruthless players bully us a lot.

I insist we go sign black, tall, energetic no nonsense defender.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1292) (1293) (1294) (1295) (1296) (1297) (1298) ... (3565) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.