Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,426 members, 7,881,560 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:54 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2387) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2379218 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2384) (2385) (2386) (2387) (2388) (2389) (2390) ... (3565) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 10:21am On Nov 09, 2021
Jodera:
An unpopular opinion.
To be honest, I'm having mixed feelings ESR and especially Gabriel are being called to the national team. I know if they put on these performances they're giving, they'll surely make the world cup team, but as for now, I'm just afraid let none suffer any injury while on Intl break either through training.
Am I happy for them to get their first call up? Yes

But the arsenal fan in me is not so happy cos if anything happens (esp to ESR), na pepe we go com dey see
Forget talk. An international call up adds to the value of the player and his acceptance with non-club fans which is an advantage to the club. See Saka.

This aside, it gives the player morale and confidence against other top players. Let's just see how ESR's confidence will skyrocket once he's back against Liverpool.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 10:25am On Nov 09, 2021
iamoyindamola:

This is the reason I'm not all for international call up for now
During wengay days we suffer alot from international break
There's an influence international teammates have over each other. Saka spoke to White to join Arsenal, imagine if Gabriel talks to Cunha. undecided

Just joking but there's so much to gain and enjoy seeing your boys on international duty. It brings more confidence and respect. I am happy that ESR got his ahead of facing Liverpool. Enough morale.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 10:26am On Nov 09, 2021
[quote author=Jodera post=107454843][/quote]
grin grin grin grin okay. 200% cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 10:33am On Nov 09, 2021
Jodera:
An unpopular opinion.
To be honest, I'm having mixed feelings ESR and especially Gabriel are being called to the national team. I know if they put on these performances they're giving, they'll surely make the world cup team, but as for now, I'm just afraid let none suffer any injury while on Intl break either through training.
Am I happy for them to get their first call up? Yes

But the arsenal fan in me is not so happy cos if anything happens (esp to ESR), na pepe we go com dey see
grin grin grin grin Don't worry as there is no cause for alarm since they are certainly not featuring for their country's first 11 in their first Caps after all.

They equally know that the future is bright for them with respect to their ages, so the training wouldn't be a do or die affair thus caution would be the key word for both as they know that Arsenal career is a priority for them in the meantime
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 10:41am On Nov 09, 2021
Spy360:

Absolutely nonsensical. Though ESR and Gabriel eventually got theirs, but White has been phenomenal and really deserves a call. Southgate is another Ole...
Indeed he is but it is good for us the ARSENAL with respect to the Anfield adventure coming up after the international break as we dearly need our best legs for the coming NEXT 6 fixtures in

LIVERPOOL-AWAY

NEWCASTLE-HOME

MANCHESTER UNITED-AWAY

EVERTON-AWAY

SOUTHAMPTON- HOME

WEST HAM UNITED-HOME
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jencejyde(m): 10:42am On Nov 09, 2021
Jodera:
Welcome back boss Kbs468.
Really missed your updates and arsenal post.

Na jencejyde remain now o cheesy

Haha , I dey oh, just watching and observing cos sometimes the arguments don't make sense but hey its a free forum where everyone has an opinion no matter how bad or good and its all fun.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 10:54am On Nov 09, 2021
Jencejyde:

Haha , I dey oh, just watching and observing cos sometimes the arguments don't make sense but hey its a free forum where everyone has an opinion no matter how bad or good and its all fun.
Then please come back and join the fun by contributing meaningfully on sensible arguments.

Just come regularly again and cruise on like I just did too after a long while.

I swear I never knew that my posts and updates usually make sense until yesterday when I logged in again to the reference being made to my activities in here on my mention.

Your being referenced equally by Jodera among others is also a testimony to how you are being very much appreciated too like we do to each and every member of this thread as a family of Loyal, devoted and dedicated Arsenal fans.

Please respond to this plea appropriately by coming back on board accordingly
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 11:03am On Nov 09, 2021
Kbs468:

Then please come back and join the fun by contributing meaningfully on sensible arguments.

I swear I never knew that my posts and updates usually make sense until yesterday when I logged in again to the reference being made to my activities in here on my mention.

Your being referenced equally by Jodera among others is also a testimony to how you are being very much appreciated too like we do to each and every member of this thread as a family of Loyal, devoted and dedicated Arsenal fans.

You guys are really special. Please keep it up. We're loving this.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jencejyde(m): 11:03am On Nov 09, 2021
Kbs468:

I am with you guys always and 100 percent and for sure, where i need to contribute , i will do so accordingly. Once a Gunner , always will be . COYG! Note that i always check updates here at least twice a day so be rest assured that I am always in on the conversations. God bless us all.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 11:13am On Nov 09, 2021
Marcus Rashford posts two-word Instagram verdict as Arsenal star Emile Smith-Rowe called-up by England

Arsenal star Emile Smith-Rowe has been called-up by England after four players dropped out – and Marcus Rashford has reacted on Instagram.

Gareth Southgate did not include 21-year-old Smith-Rowe in his initial England squad for the November break. But four have since pulled out.

Luke Shaw, Mason Mount, Marcus Rashford and James Ward-Prowse have all stayed with their clubs – as they look to recover from some knocks.

Southgate has moved to call-up one player, in the form of Smith-Rowe. An England Under-21 star, Smith-Rowe has been in stunning form.

Coinciding with Arsenal’s run of six wins in eight Premier League games, Smith-Rowe has produced six goal involvements in his last six.
On Sunday, he scored the only goal of the game with a delightfully-neat finish from the edge of the area – as Arsenal beat Watford 1-0.

Smith-Rowe called-up for England: Rashford applauds Arsenal star

One of the four that has dropped out, Manchester United attacker Rashford is hardly in need of the caps. He already has 46, at the age of just 24.

It is a pretty straightforward looking break for Southgate and England, who face an easy home clash against Albania – before facing San Marino.

Having already qualified, England are expected to clock up two more wins. Smith-Rowe is certainly in with a shout of getting his first cap.

If not against Albania, then certainly at San Marino. Arsenal fans are delighted, while Rashford thinks it was a deserved call-up.

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 11:19am On Nov 09, 2021
Spy360:

You guys are really special. Please keep it up. We're loving this.
Thanks Man and just to mention, Everyone is uniquely special as I equally and profoundly enjoy every bit of my stay in here online to digest all the dramas, intrigues, arguments, compliment, suggestions and opinions on daily basis
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 11:23am On Nov 09, 2021
Jencejyde:

I am with you guys always and 100 percent and for sure, where i need to contribute , i will do so accordingly. Once a Gunner , always will be . COYG! Note that i always check updates here at least twice a day so be rest assured that I am always in on the conversations. God bless us all.
This is Great and good to hear coming from you this morning.

And Amen to your prayers. God bless us all graciously, faithfully and mercifully
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 11:34am On Nov 09, 2021
Is one of our legends in the person of IAN WRIGHT RIGHT considering the contributions of the Duo to The ARSENAL of today ever since their breakthrough into the first team parade

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 11:45am On Nov 09, 2021
It's time for me to scream too.

Sod09 where are you at?

You layed the foundation of my coming back and then you too disappeared?

Hope all is well with you wherever you are right now Brother

It is well with each and everyone of us in this family of ours in Jesus name

Amin inshallah
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:55am On Nov 09, 2021
iamoyindamola:

This is the reason I'm not all for international call up for now
During wengay days we suffer alot from international break
Exactly my fears!
The call up will always come, in fact I believe with ESR improved form(work rate, goals and assist), he will surely see that WC spot. But sha, make we dey watch.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:00pm On Nov 09, 2021
Spy360:

Forget talk. An international call up adds to the value of the player and his acceptance with non-club fans which is an advantage to the club. See Saka.

This aside, it gives the player morale and confidence against other top players. Let's just see how ESR's confidence will skyrocket once he's back against Liverpool.
Saka will always be valued whether he plays for England or not. You can't be too good and not be valued. Maitland-niles is an England Intl, would you say he's more valued than ESR??

While I agree it breeds confidence to a player, but one thing is certain with ESR continuous rich vein of form, he'll be hard to be overlooked. After all is it not raahford that shot to limelight around December and made the euros 2016 team?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:03pm On Nov 09, 2021
Kbs468:

grin grin grin grin Don't worry as there is no cause for alarm since they are certainly not featuring for their country's first 11 in their first Caps after all.

They equally know that the future is bright for them with respect to their ages, so the training wouldn't be a do or die affair thus caution would be the key word for both as they know that Arsenal career is a priority for them in the meantime
True...
Fair enough. I hope he wouldn't be involved much

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 12:07pm On Nov 09, 2021
Can ARSENAL'S own SALAH replicate the success of ESR and follow his footstep after the latter's meritorious service to the under 23s and now the ARSENAL's senior squad

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:13pm On Nov 09, 2021
Jencejyde:

Yeah.. Argument here is all fun even tho we might be having differing opinions, but it's all for the better interest of the club. What we're just missing from you is your in-depth analysis of arsenal games
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 12:18pm On Nov 09, 2021
Spy360:

Absolutely nonsensical. Though ESR and Gabriel eventually got theirs, but White has been phenomenal and really deserves a call. Southgate is another Ole...
Lol... Even if I'm southgate, I won't call White for now, but one thing is sure, I'll still be looking at his performances while getting him in mind to replace Tyrone Mings.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:46pm On Nov 09, 2021
Jodera:
Lol... Even if I'm southgate, I won't call White for now, but one thing is sure, I'll still be looking at his performances while getting him in mind to replace Tyrone Mings.
If performance is the criterion then White should be called up.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:50pm On Nov 09, 2021
Jodera:
Saka will always be valued whether he plays for England or not. You can't be too good and not be valued. Maitland-niles is an England Intl, would you say he's more valued than ESR??

While I agree it breeds confidence to a player, but one thing is certain with ESR continuous rich vein of form, he'll be hard to be overlooked. After all is it not raahford that shot to limelight around December and made the euros 2016 team?
I mean it will add to the value. Call it hype if you like but there's a reason United bought Sancho for 82m after he was called up to NT, Calvert-Lewin, etc.

Once a player reaches NT, that player becomes an international player. That's extra bucks for his club and extra excitement for his fans.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 12:51pm On Nov 09, 2021
Happy belated birthday wishes to you TOMIYASU

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 12:52pm On Nov 09, 2021
Kbs468:
It's time for me to scream too.

Sod09 where are you at?

You layed the foundation of my coming back and then you too disappeared?

Hope all is well with you wherever you are right now Brother

It is well with each and everyone of us in this family of ours in Jesus name

Amin inshallah
Sod is iamoyindamola. Our landlord pikin. grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 1:01pm On Nov 09, 2021
Spy360:

I mean it will add to the value. Call it hype if you like but there's a reason United bought Sancho for 82m after he was called up to NT, Calvert-Lewin, etc.

Once a player reaches NT, that player becomes an international player. That's extra bucks for his club and extra excitement for his fans.
You are right

National Team invitation or participation do not only impact on player's pedigree but also improve his or her international and club profile as well as his or her transfer market ratings absolutely while not also forgetting the confidence and club morale boosting antecedence that both of you have mentioned earlier
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 1:10pm On Nov 09, 2021
Spy360:

Sod is iamoyindamola. Our landlord pikin. grin grin grin
You mean :
Sod09 is the same character and personality as Iamoyindamola that I know?

Or you are just kidding me.
I Doubt your assertion though until proven otherwise by all and sundry oo
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:20pm On Nov 09, 2021
Spy360:

If performance is the criterion then White should be called up.
performances is always the criterion, but you don't use 3 months of good performance to judge a player(at least not me). At least 6 months probably.

Tyrone Mings is still riding on his performances of last season (coupled with england not having good CBs), so I'll give White from now till end of season (since there's no Intl break after this), if he still performs this great, then he'll be in my WC squad.

I don't see the need rushing players into national teams after 1-3months of good performances

As for Gabriel, he was due for call up a very long time
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:21pm On Nov 09, 2021
Kbs468:

You mean :
Sod09 is the same character and personality as Iamoyindamola that I know?

Or you are just kidding me.
I Doubt your assertion though until proven otherwise by all and sundry oo
Spy is correct.
They are one and same person grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 1:33pm On Nov 09, 2021
Happy belated birthday wishes to you IAN WRIGHT

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:34pm On Nov 09, 2021
Spy360:

There are many players that have been bought with high price even without representing their national teams; Joao Felix for example. Even Calvert Lewin got his call up cos of his performances.

To me, your hype will still be there and as long you're in a top club giving exceptional performance, you must always see England National team. That's fact.

I understand why southgate called ESR due to injuries to 4 players, else I support his decision not to call him initially. No need rushing all these guys
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 1:40pm On Nov 09, 2021
Jodera:
performances is always the criterion, but you don't use 3 months of good performance to judge a player(at least not me). At least 6 months probably.

Tyrone Mings is still riding on his performances of last season (coupled with england not having good CBs), so I'll give White from now till end of season (since there's no Intl break after this), if he still performs this great, then he'll be in my WC squad.

I don't see the need rushing players into national teams after 1-3months of good performances

As for Gabriel, he was due for call up a very long time

This is the reason England has hundreds of capped players everywhere with absolutely no major trophy to show for it. They just keep capping every player that enjoys short run of good performances every year. Make dem allow those ones wey go euro blend for a long term fess.....Na why teams like France wey lose euro final fit go win world cup two years after.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 1:40pm On Nov 09, 2021
Jodera:
Spy is correct.
They are one and same person grin
Eeehhnnheeeennnn

Thank you both : Spy360 and Jodera

I must have suffered the consequences of my long lay off away from the thread and family

But what happened amounting to him changing moniker. Probably at the point a ban was in place upon Sod09

(1) (2) (3) ... (2384) (2385) (2386) (2387) (2388) (2389) (2390) ... (3565) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.