Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,419 members, 7,881,538 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:09 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2390) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2379175 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2387) (2388) (2389) (2390) (2391) (2392) (2393) ... (3565) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:17am On Nov 11, 2021
Branzy:

You guys had option of getting him back but you were okay with ozil
To be honest, I fully support Roland in this. He is a big Snake.
Not saying we needed him back cos we have ozil and he went to Chelsea. No! I'll never fault any player going to Chelsea or any rival club, as long it's not directly from arsenal to the rival club(after all it's their money and playing time they're fighting for)

But, This is someone who joined in Chelsea's celebration in Europa against the club that raised him. He took snapshot, held the trophy to the full glare of the world and drank wine showing he was happy Chelsea won arsenal. If that's not snake, I don't know what that is.

This is someone who says he loved his time at Chelsea more than arsenal cos he won trophies there. Ahh!! If that's not a snake, tell me what it is?

Contrast that to cazorla when arsenal wanted to play Villarreal.
He said he loved the two clubs with his heart and his shared fond memories on both and that he doesn't know who he'll support. When arsenal lost, he passed consolation message to arsenal and went congratulated Villarreal. That's someone who has respect for his former club.

I once loved fabregas but since when he was showing he was more of Chelsea and less of arsenal, my love for him dwindled drastically. I still respect him as a player tho.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:20am On Nov 11, 2021
Roland17:
Look at Fabregas the snake angry
The useless mofo
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:25am On Nov 11, 2021
Kbs468:

What has he done for them to deserve such a dignity from them both?

Even Oliver Giroud that won champions league and Europa league trophies with Chelsea can never be accorded such a treatment ooo
Because he was forming in his mouth, questioning arsenal ambition when he was with us, this is the idiot that went as far as paying part of his money for Barcelona
He has been talking shit about arsenal, because we no collect him back yet fans no rate him
Chelsea that he went to they don't rate him too
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 9:36am On Nov 11, 2021
Wenger - The qualities needed to be 'Invincible'

As the only manager in Premier League history ever to guide his side to an unbeaten season, Arsene Wenger is placed better than anyone to know exactly what it means to be 'Invincible'.

What qualities are required? Is there an innate sense that is needed if you are to achieve the impossible?

Find out more about Arsene Wenger: Invincible
"Invincible is linked with a mental resilience," he says in Arsene Wenger: Invincible.

"It is something deeper, a refusal of defeat at any cost. Don't give in, ever.
Visit Rwanda
ARSENE WENGER: INVINCIBLE
VIDEO
Wenger - The qualities needed to be 'Invincible'
Rob Kelly 11 Nov 2021

As the only manager in Premier League history ever to guide his side to an unbeaten season, Arsene Wenger is placed better than anyone to know exactly what it means to be 'Invincible'.

What qualities are required? Is there an innate sense that is needed if you are to achieve the impossible?

"Invincible is linked with a mental resilience," he says in Arsene Wenger: Invincible.

"It is something deeper, a refusal of defeat at any cost. Don't give in, ever."

Arsene Wenger: Invincible is out from today in select cinemas and on Blu-ray, DVD and Digital from November 22.

05:59
� The very best of the Invincibles! | Top-10 goals of 2003/04

Copyright 2021 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.arsenal.com as the source.

VIDEO
Wenger - I fulfilled the dream of my life
Rob Kelly 11 Nov 2021

When Arsene Wenger said in November 2002 that he believed his side could win the title and go unbeaten, he was ridiculed in some quarters.

Not for the first time though, our legendary former manager had the last laugh as the next season he achieved exactly that.

So how did it feel to achieve what many thought impossible in 2003/04 and win the title with an immaculate record?

"It was the moment where I fulfilled the dream of my life," he says in Arsene Wenger: Invincible.

"The fact that I could convince this group to achieve something that they would not think would be possible.

"I've done my job in a perfect way. I am so proud for having done it."

Arsene Wenger had a simple response when he was asked whether he is still in love with Arsenal.

"Of course... my life is red and white and that will remain."

Speaking at a Q&A at the premiere of the documentary charting his career with us, Arsene Wenger: Invincible, our legendary former manager said he will always have the club in his heart.

"Yes, of course [I am still in love with Arsenal]," Wenger said. "I tackle, I shoot, I defend, I attack [during every game] of course.

"My life is red and white and that will remain, especially as I don’t manage anymore so I have no other commitment.

"This is a real love story on my side that will never stop. I must say that arrived here at the age of 47... I came out from my village and was 10 years at the top level in France, after I went to Japan, which was a risk completely to my career. Then I came to England at the age of 47 and stayed until I was 69, and I gave to this club the best years of my career and I am happy for having done that.

"I said many times that I many times had the opportunity to leave and I didn’t do it, because I felt I could work in this club and generate values that will remain after me.

"Today I can look at what I did, and I am happy. I am grateful to Arsenal because I could do my job liked I wanted to do it, of course with ups and downs, be with my team - we were happy to work without any compromise on what was important to us, which were the values that were important to us.

"Not every manager has that luck, that is why I am grateful, for such a long period, to do that."

Arsene Wenger: Invincible, the definitive portrait of one of the greatest managers of all time, comes to cinemas from November 11.

It will be available on Blu-ray, DVD and digital download on November 22. Click here to pre-order now.

Courtesy of Noah Media Group, the creators of some of the most acclaimed feature-length sports documentaries of recent years (Finding Jack Charlton, Bobby Robson: More than a Manager, The Edge, Steve McQueen: The Man & Le Mans), comes the very first documentary about Wenger, as told in his own words.

A genius, visionary and obsessive, what Wenger achieved with Arsenal changed the landscape of the English game and shaped football worldwide.

Featuring remarkable access and previously unseen archive footage, directors Gabriel Clarke (Bobby Robson: More Than A Manager, Finding Jack Charlton) and Christian Jeanpierre draw back the veil on a truly enigmatic figure who discusses, for the first time, the football ‘addiction’ that was both his driving force and his 'fatal flaw’.

Shot on location in England, France and Arsène’s home village of Duttlenheim, Arsene Wenger: Invicible is a compelling, intimate insight into a football figure like no other.

Framed against the backdrop of Arsenal’s historic Invincible season of 2003/04, the film sees Wenger reflect candidly on his revolutionary era at the club and the emotional and personal turmoil that surrounded his exit after 22 years. Gravitas and heavyweight authority is added by an A-list supporting cast, led by Wenger’s greatest rival from the time, Sir Alex Ferguson, and star players whose careers were impacted by the French coach, including Thierry Henry, Patrick Vieira, Dennis Bergkamp, Ian Wright, Emmanuel Petit and Robert Pires.

Arsène Wenger’s achievements are stunning. His legacy is unique. Never before has he told his story in his own words... until now.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 9:47am On Nov 11, 2021
Aaron Ramsdale: "Ben white, Gabriel and Tomiyasu and KT or NT, whenever they are playing, we actually really enjoy defending.
Ben said to me in the middle of the game, ' when you make a save, I just want to punch you in the face in celebration'

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 9:55am On Nov 11, 2021
Ben White: I have played in a few games now for ARSENAL and my mom goes to all the matches. She told me how great the away fans are, And to be fair, we hear that as players.

"She said they are pretty mad and she haven't seen anything like it. It's great on those away games when you get a win and can go over to the fans afterwards and appreciate their support"

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Eawwal(m): 9:55am On Nov 11, 2021
Kbs468:
Aaron Ramsdale: "Ben white, Gabriel and Tomiyasu and KT or NT, whenever they are playing, we actually really enjoy defending.
Ben said to me in the middle of the game, ' when you make a save, I just want to punch you in the face in celebration'

These guys really love the club and they play for the badge.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by pamcode(m): 10:15am On Nov 11, 2021
kodded:
I wonder why them dey forget the very first star boy that broke out before these two sad
which star boy is that?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:28am On Nov 11, 2021
pamcode:
which star boy is that?
Martinelli the original star boy
Stamford bridge will never forget him
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 10:35am On Nov 11, 2021
Eawwal:

These guys really love the club and they play for the badge.
Seriously they do and don't be surprised that they can recreate the invincibles era if things continue the way they are right now
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 12:38pm On Nov 11, 2021
I can never forget this very incident in the 2007 carling cup final versus Chelsea ; Diaby kicked Terry in the chin while trying to clear the ball in a goal mouth scramble.

Omo! I feared Terry had died at that very moment o, only for him to come back to lift the trophy after we lost angry

1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 1:24pm On Nov 11, 2021
BlueRayDick:
I can never forget this very incident in the 2007 carling cup final versus Chelsea ; Diaby kicked Terry in the chin while trying to clear the ball in a goal mouth scramble.

Omo! I feared Terry had died at that very moment o, only for him to come back to lift the trophy after we lost angry
I was young but scared for him that day too
I kept on asking my dad will he be alright, I didn't even concentrate on the match but was sad we lost
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:31pm On Nov 11, 2021
Kbs468:

I honestly and quite agree with you on the above but knowing who Arteta is, just watch him introduce Tierney against LIVERPOOL come November 20th
Tierney no doubt is better than Tavares. Tavares looks more energetic and determined hence his performances. But Tierney will bring solidity, direction and intelligent movement plus accurate crosses and cut back for assists.

With the new formation, Tierney will easily impress fans on his return. I hope he proves me right.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:34pm On Nov 11, 2021
Kbs468:
You can't just separate the two for both club and country
How do you separate soul and spirit? They have been friends since they were 6. shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:35pm On Nov 11, 2021
Kbs468:

Indeed he really deserve it

Yes his shouting has been working wonders

grin grin grin grin na real Agbero na him be. Imagine him sitting on the floor of the England bus rather than sitting on the seat

17 clean sheet? cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin that would be great

His decisions and determination are top notch

Amen for the prayers to succeed
Na him shouting make am bench Leno.

#ShoutMorePlease

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:41pm On Nov 11, 2021
Roland17:
Look at Fabregas the snake angry
Nwa mmefu... angry angry angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 1:49pm On Nov 11, 2021
Kbs468:
Words on marbles
What's most remarkable about Arsene Wenger going unbeaten was not because it happened but that he predicted it. It's easy to say something and harder to do, but to say and do is the hardest.

#MyGOAT

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 2:04pm On Nov 11, 2021
TAKEHIRO TOMIYASU: confirmed that he rejected SPURS to join ARSENAL

"I thought I wouldn't able to join ARSENAL"

"I thought I was going to SPURS."

"On deadline day I rejected them. ARSENAL asked me to join them and I did immediately"

#COME ON YOU GUNNER

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 2:08pm On Nov 11, 2021
Spy360:

What's most remarkable about Arsene Wenger going unbeaten was not because it happened but that he predicted it. It's easy to say something and harder to do, but to say and do is the hardest.

#MyGOAT
Indeed he said it and achieved it and that's why he is FIFA's Head of Administration today
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 2:16pm On Nov 11, 2021
BlueRayDick:

I didn't watch the game that day because I was on campus running around to see if I would be recalled after being suspended for 3 years since 2004 when I was in 400 level going to 500
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 2:21pm On Nov 11, 2021
Spy360:

Tierney no doubt is better than Tavares. Tavares looks more energetic and determined hence his performances. But Tierney will bring solidity, direction and intelligent movement plus accurate crosses and cut back for assists.

With the new formation, Tierney will easily impress fans on his return. I hope he proves me right.
I hope he proves you right too because what I hate about him is his too many back passes going forward and when we are about to launch an attack. I hate back passes alot
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:11pm On Nov 11, 2021
I've watched plenty video clips of this vlhahovic guy and he is my few findings

Pros:
1. This guy is an excellent finisher. He's left-footed but he can as well score with right

2. He can also shoot outside the box, so at least we've striker that can shoot outside the box

3.. He gat good positioning and he's not stingy too.

4. He can dribble but not too an effective dribbler

5. He has speed but I'll grade it 6or6.5/10

6. He's good aerially and can take free kick

Cons
1.. He seems to have a habit of not having a good ball control. While he can knock ball down for his teammates, but he can't hold the aerial ball and move if there's no teammates around

2. If he wanna dribble outside the box, either he falls down or they blow for foul. Meaning he's easily bullied

3. He's not so great tracking back sha(just once in a while) .

4. He is not a great passer of the ball.

The great thing that might convince arsenal and the board is that he's 21(the kinda player arsenal is gathering).

Nb: this is just an opinion from what I watched from different YouTube compilation and what I read too. I might be right or wrong, but it's just my findings.

Do you think arsenal should go for him January/July

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 3:15pm On Nov 11, 2021
Jodera:
To be honest, I fully support Roland in this. He is a big Snake.
Not saying we needed him back cos we have ozil and he went to Chelsea. No! I'll never fault any player going to Chelsea or any rival club(after all it's their money and playing time they're fighting for)

But, This is someone who joined in Chelsea's celebration in Europa against the club that raised him. He took snapshot, held the trophy to the full glare of the world and drank wine showing he was happy Chelsea won arsenal. If that's not snake, I don't know what that is.

This is someone who says he loved his time at Chelsea more than arsenal cos he won trophies there. Ahh!! If that's not a snake, tell me what it is?

Contrast that to cazorla when arsenal wanted to play Villarreal.
He said he loved the two clubs with his heart and his shared fond memories on both and that he doesn't know who he'll support. When arsenal lost, he passed consolation message to arsenal and went congratulated Villarreal. That's someone who has respect for his former club.

I once loved fabregas but since when he was showing he was more of Chelsea and less of arsenal, my love for him dwindled drastically. I still respect him as a player tho.

God bless you for conveying my thoughts! When TH14 decided to leave Arsenal for Barcelona, it hurt me really really bad but I knew he deserved to play for a contending team, I knew he had to leave to cement his legacy especially in the UCL. TH14 knew his transfer would hurt the team and fan base so he did it respectfully and carried himself with the utmost humility during the entire process. When he was winning in Barcelona, he was very careful during interviews when asked certain questions. After the Barcelona stint was done, he did not and has not stopped being a loyal fan and speaking positively about the club with respect.

The same can not be said of the snake. He sulked his way throughout that period. Every time he left for the National team it was one story to another, one stupid interview to another. Xavi/ Busquets and other Catalonia players in Barcelona claimed we were holding the snake hostage and should allow him come home. He deserved a shot a winning and he got it but on the bench. Why should Arsenal get him back? It is not even about being happy with Ozil..If we were to debate it, Ozil was in the form of his life at the time. The snake moved to Chelsea and could not keep his mouth shut or show the club some respect.

Now, like many others who are not getting the recognition from the clubs they ran to, he wants the attention of Arsenal. Like I said, he should go to one of Barcelona/ Chelsea and get that attention. No be on top Chelsea thread I dey see how much dem dey insult am? No one speaks about Chelsea and remembers Fabregas, instead dem go tell you about Willian, Oscar and even Kezman.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 3:25pm On Nov 11, 2021
Spy360:

Nwa mmefu... angry angry angry

Ezigbote nwa mmefu angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 4:08pm On Nov 11, 2021
Jodera:

Pros:
1. This guy is an excellent finisher. He's left-footed but he can as well score with right

2. He can also shoot outside the box, so at least we've striker that can shoot outside the box

Cons
1.. He seems to have a habit of not having a good ball control. While he can knock ball down for his teammates, but he can't hold the aerial ball and move if there's no teammates around

2. If he wanna dribble outside the box, either he falls down or they blow for foul. Meaning he's easily bullied

The great thing that might convince arsenal and the board is that he's 21(the kinda player arsenal is gathering).

Nb: this is just an opinion from what I watched from different YouTube compilation and what I read too. I might be right or wrong, but it's just my findings.

Yes Arsenal should go for him please
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 4:56pm On Nov 11, 2021
Just a reminder

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Kbs468(m): 4:58pm On Nov 11, 2021
Dein: when Vieira arrived he spoke no English. We gave him a teacher and weeks later I asked him in french, "can you say something to me in English?"

Vieira Replied: "Tottenham are Shit"

Dein :"who taught you that?"

Vieira : Ray Parlour

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 5:33pm On Nov 11, 2021
Kbs468:
Dein: when Vieira arrived he spoke no English. We gave him a teacher and weeks later I asked him in french, "can you say something to me in English?"

grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 5:41pm On Nov 11, 2021
@Kbs48

Thank you so much for bringing back some color, celebrations and positivity to this thread.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:04pm On Nov 11, 2021
Kbs468:

I didn't watch the game that day because I was on campus running around to see if I would be recalled after being suspended for 3 years since 2004 when I was in 400 level going to 500
I they ss2 that year shocked shocked
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:05pm On Nov 11, 2021
Kbs468:

grin grin grin
The hatred between the 2 neighbors is follow come
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:07pm On Nov 11, 2021
Jodera:

Pros:

Cons

He's haaland in the making but I doubt we can compete for him
Remember players pick us we can't fight the big guns for them

(1) (2) (3) ... (2387) (2388) (2389) (2390) (2391) (2392) (2393) ... (3565) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.