Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,963 members, 7,903,072 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 12:23 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (241) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2399924 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (3579) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by proudlysports: 1:22am On May 22, 2013
I hear Jovetic earns only 40,000 per week? Meaning he won't mind if we pay him 80,000 per week? How much does Higuain earn at Madrid?
I assume these are the things to factor in when trying to think for AW.

Meanwhile, let's be content with the bird already in the pocket cheesy and remember we still have Campbell on loan cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmkChOuVPbk
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by fredoooooo: 7:26am On May 22, 2013
Ijebu man wey study economics = baba ijebu (arsene wenger)

UP GUNNERS !!!! grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 10:31am On May 22, 2013
fredoooooo: Ijebu man wey study economics = baba ijebu (arsene wenger)

UP GUNNERS !!!! grin

If a certain NLder wakes tomorrow with leperous fingers they should not complain.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 10:36am On May 22, 2013
One more note on Higuain - 4uller's analysis doesn't seem to stand up to scrutiny.

OptaJoe posted this on twitter yesterday:

32% - Gonzalo Higuain has scored with around one in three of his shots in 2012-13 twice as efficient as the average striker. Coveted.

So - he's not even 1 in 5, he's nearly 1 in 3. I'd definitely take that given his top level, title winning experience.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by fredoooooo: 11:14am On May 22, 2013
naijababe:

If a certain NLder wakes tomorrow with leperous fingers they should not complain.

iye ijebu , we si ke . grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:38am On May 22, 2013
denzel2009:

You guys keep saying this every season end.

Now is different.

The top three are getting new managers. Only wenger really "knows" the turf. Thats if he remembers what a title challenge is like tho.

he is hopefully not selling any of last season's performers......HOPEFULLY

The much vaunted financial holdup is not tenable anymore, according to even wenger himself

its his last year of contract. what would he possibly have as a reason for a new one? (well its not really different from earlier contracts sha TBH)

@ Debosky, well about higuain, i guess the fact he was not starting again might have helped those stats.

at a point he always came into dead rubber games and scored. he had limited time on the pitch after losing his spot.

its kinda like that chap that plays for some lower team in the prem that scored a lot of goals this season, for west brom or norwich, really cant remember. he was also a sub. pretty sure his stats were good.

at arsenal he would be a guaranteed starter. i watched this guy a lot. believe me, he is mr miss-it mark 2
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by fredoooooo: 5:48pm On May 22, 2013
i dedicate this year golden boot award to all Arsenal fans . i can never forget you guys , you forever remain the best .
@Mukina2 @ Iyalaje ( naijababe) ,@ Debosky grin grin grin grin

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iykmora(m): 6:47pm On May 22, 2013
When trouble sleep, yanga go wake am- wetin e dey fiiiiinnnnddd?? Watching!!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 8:17pm On May 22, 2013
@ fredo

Say goodbye to your fingers. Awon iya will feast on them at their next meeting. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by coogar: 8:44pm On May 22, 2013
debosky: @ fredo
Say goodbye to your fingers. Awon iya will feast on them at their next meeting. tongue

debo - shame on you!
it turns out that the old, glass-legs, expensive RVP completed 38 league appearances for man utd. money well spent - aye or nay?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 9:40pm On May 22, 2013
coogar:

debo - shame on you!
it turns out that the old, glass-legs, expensive RVP completed 38 league appearances for man utd. money well spent - aye or nay?
Awaiting the response. . .
Let's see where this goes. . .should be interesting. . .
Turns out "Liability" van Persie ended up top scorer again. . .
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Ibime(m): 1:46am On May 23, 2013
120 goals in 188 appearances for Madrid (many of them as sub) and some Arsenal supporting wastemen don't want Higuain at Arsenal?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 4:07am On May 23, 2013

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 7:50am On May 23, 2013
coogar:
debo - shame on you!

Money well spent? So far so good I'd say - I was initially skeptical he would maintain his fitness, but he's managed to so good for him.

Arsenal got £24m for a player who was intent on leaving, United have gotten a good season (so far) from him so it appears to have been a fair deal for both sides.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by debosky(m): 8:03am On May 23, 2013
4llerbuntu:
@ Debosky, well about higuain, i guess the fact he was not starting again might have helped those stats.

at a point he always came into dead rubber games and scored. he had limited time on the pitch after losing his spot.

Whether he starts or not, a player who scores 1/3rd of his shots is a very good striker. Maintaining his own drive to score even when the result is not in doubt is an even more important characteristic, especially for a club like Arsenal where players need to be self-motivated.

its kinda like that chap that plays for some lower team in the prem that scored a lot of goals this season, for west brom or norwich, really cant remember. he was also a sub. pretty sure his stats were good.

I think you're referring to LeFondre at Reading. Now it's one thing to talk about stats alone, but to compare a Reading player to a striker who has averaged over 20 goals a season in his last 5 seasons at Real Madrid is a tad ridiculous.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by biolabee(m): 8:22am On May 23, 2013
Jovetic is ok but i dont think he will thrive at Arsenal

13 gol per season average for the last three seasons... undecided

anyhow hes a fine lad and will sell shirts
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by loyika(m): 1:42pm On May 23, 2013
Man all these rules before posting!? Can we say; CONCENTRATION CAMP tongue

Arsene to buy so and so? Will believe it when i see it.

More like "Ground hog day" to me.

The likely scenario is Wenger will wait till the top dogs do all their buying and then step in to get whats left, he reminds me of the "Thrift shop" rap song; 'I'm gonna pop some tags, only got 20 dollars in my pocket!!"

lipsrsealed GOONER 89

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:49pm On May 23, 2013
^^^^^
word.

we have been down this path too many times.

wenger 1 billion transfer kitty.

wenger has placed a bid for maradona etcetc

transfer deadline wenger signs james du pont.

wash rinse repeat.

till u see a signing raise a shirt on arsenal.com. forget na lie.

not worth debating

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by edoyad(m): 8:21pm On May 23, 2013
Atleast we won the fourth place trophy you Oliver Twists grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by UyiIredia(m): 3:30am On May 24, 2013
dayokanu:

Lol : D
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Okikiade(m): 5:46am On May 24, 2013
We collected no trophy for eight years,we still attracted a lot of parasitic critics to condemn us for catching up after a slow start! Indeed,Gunners are class that'll surely be catching more eyes! Abeg, bad belle you fit discourage us!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by biolabee(m): 8:31am On May 24, 2013
LOL.. same ol same ol
Arsenal.com na the main thing

4llerbuntu: ^^^^^
word.

we have been down this path too many times.

wenger 1 billion transfer kitty.

wenger has placed a bid for maradona etcetc

transfer deadline wenger signs james du pont.

wash rinse repeat.

till u see a signing raise a shirt on arsenal.com. forget na lie.

not worth debating
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by HNIC(m): 10:12am On May 24, 2013
The Press messing with Arsenal fans again.
They know Arsenal will need some additions to be able to compete so they bring up stories about players the club could be interested in, when in actual fact, the club haven't had any contacts.
They started quite early this time around.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by dayokanu(m): 6:50pm On May 24, 2013
Meanwhile

AS Monaco buys 2 Porto players for 70m

Thats an average of 35m each

Where is Duduspace to tell us about FFP which would save Arsenal

How do these Portuguese clubs manage to pull this off.

I see a report that FC Porto has made over 500m in player sales in the last decade
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by fredoooooo: 9:43pm On May 24, 2013
debosky: @ fredo

just finish playing ayo with my fingers now tongue grin

juventus not joking like una with higuain , watch out grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 10:14pm On May 24, 2013
Just like someone mentioned, the press is just playing games with arsenal fans, there is no way wenger would sign higuain or jovetic..both players are pricy and I doubt wenger would spend much this transfer window either ways, baba's perchant of waiting until the last minute is nothing new.

As for rumours about ashley williams, even if it happens, williams can't make the first team ahead of kos, merta or even verm if he stays, he would be a squad player and that is about it.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by fredoooooo: 10:21pm On May 24, 2013
^^^^
padimi , we can contribute to buy both players ( higuain and jovetic) grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mukina2: 10:37pm On May 24, 2013
loyika welcome o tongue

fredokovitch this place resemble cheksli thread or yabaleft? angry

bekiafu angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by fredoooooo: 9:38am On May 25, 2013
mukina2: loyika welcome o tongue

fredokovitch this place resemble cheksli thread or yabaleft? angry

bekiafu angry

mukinavic ,i know you ? undecided tongue

i support ASSnal grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by RuuDie(m): 8:18am On May 26, 2013
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by 1025: 12:13pm On May 26, 2013
why wasting money when you always meet up with your yearly target(top 4)? there is this dangerous player that can change things at arsenal. he is Ramires's son. very young with a good market value and a future prospect.
if you guys can get him now that he is less than 3, you will be in advantage position whenever you are going to resale him.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by fredoooooo: 10:21pm On May 26, 2013
time to change arsenal with their women team grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (3579) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.