Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,344 members, 7,881,274 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:39 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3068) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2378789 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3065) (3066) (3067) (3068) (3069) (3070) (3071) ... (3565) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Leyqute(m): 7:10pm On May 29, 2023
Jodera:
Yay all day long grin

Lol.

You always like good things.

What about his discipline? Pep kicked him out due to some kind of insubordination. Can Arteta handle him?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:10pm On May 29, 2023
Leyqute:

Not a bad signing tbh. How much did you guys buy Zinchenko?

I think he was around 35m
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:12pm On May 29, 2023
Roland17:

I think we are good at the CB position and personally would like to keep Tierney because of the variation he offers. We do need a RB and Cancelo would be perfect for how Arteta plays.
That midfield needs the most quality and depth. Also, we need to pursue a proper CF, not a striker or attacker but a proper proper CF. Someone that offers us something competitively different from Jesus.
I agree with this 100%.

Especially that CF part. It'll really help us in terms of tactical flexibility and plan B.

Midfield needs quality depth Tbh
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:14pm On May 29, 2023
Leyqute:

Lol.

You always like good things.

What about his discipline? Pep kicked him out due to some kind of insubordination. Can Arteta handle him?
I don't think he's that kinda big inflated ego sha. As long as he's professional also, then Arteta will use him.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Leyqute(m): 7:14pm On May 29, 2023
BlueRayDick:

I think he was around 35m

That’s a good deal. If not for his obvious weaknesses, Zinni would go for as much as Cancelo’s price.

I think City wants to get rid of Cancelo by all means. They’ll probably agree to 40m.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Leyqute(m): 7:17pm On May 29, 2023
Jodera:
I don't think he's that kinda big inflated ego sha. As long as he's professional also, then Arteta will use him.

He wasn’t professional when confronting Pep about his playing time. That was what caused the problem. If Arteta benches for too long, yawa fit gas.

That being said, Cancelo is a decent player. He can also play LB and put in a shift in midfield.

I honestly don’t want you guys to get him.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 7:23pm On May 29, 2023
Leyqute:

Zinchenko will be a disaster if you start him in midfield. Just allow him to be inverting like that. That’s what fits him.

And there’s nothing bad in having both Zinchenko and Tierney. One LB cannot play all the games plus some matches may suit Tierney more than Zinchenko.

We were over reliant on Zinchenko and the tactics that favored him and it was one of the issues we suffered this past season.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 7:29pm On May 29, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Either we try balogun or go all out for vlahovic
Vlahovic is going to be a tough ask and I am not sold on players who have spent too much time in the Serie A because it takes them too long to settle down outside of Italy.
Vlahovic has expressed his desire to remain in Italy and truthfully, I don’t see him leaving Juventus for Arsenal.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:33pm On May 29, 2023
Roland17:

Vlahovic is going to be a tough ask and I am not sold on players who have spent too much time in the Serie A because it takes them too long to settle down outside of Italy.
Vlahovic has expressed his desire to remain in Italy and truthfully, I don’t see him leaving Juventus for Arsenal.
E go hard to get pure cf only balogun show such potential of staying in the box kinda striker
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 7:37pm On May 29, 2023
iamoyindamola:

E go hard to get pure cf only balogun show such potential of staying in the box kinda striker

Balogun has earned the right to compete for that position based on his performance while on loan. The CF market is quite lean and the bigger pockets like Madrid/ Bayern/ Chelsea/United are all looking for a CF which makes it even more difficult.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:46pm On May 29, 2023
Roland17:

Balogun has earned the right to compete for that position based on his performance while on loan. The CF market is quite lean and the bigger pockets like Madrid/ Bayern/ Chelsea/United are all looking for a CF which makes it even more difficult.
And Milan wan poach our boy, the other options are the 2 inter guys latauro and elephant
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 7:51pm On May 29, 2023
iamoyindamola:

And Milan wan poach our boy, the other options are the 2 inter guys latauro and elephant

No spoil my market na angry He is our main target. Balogun wants assurances he is going to be a starter and Arteta can’t guarantee that.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:54pm On May 29, 2023
Roland17:

No spoil my market na angry He is our main target. Balogun wants assurances he is going to be a starter and Arteta can’t guarantee that.
We should collect tonali or bennacer straight up swap deal😎😎
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 8:01pm On May 29, 2023
iamoyindamola:

We should collect tonali or bennacer straight up swap deal😎😎

Oloju Kokoro angry

Bennacer would have been perfect but he just extended his contract in January to 2027. Remember he was with us for two years before he moved to Italy.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:25pm On May 29, 2023
Roland17:

Oloju Kokoro angry

Bennacer would have been perfect but he just extended his contract in January to 2027. Remember he was with us for two years before he moved to Italy.
Tonali nko he’s on par with locatelli 😜
Have always wanted one of these guys not jourginho
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:38pm On May 29, 2023
Next season epl is changing the number font and the epl badge
The lion is now free unlike before that it's in circle
Check out the new font on zinny's daughter, they are almost identical but there are slight differences

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:20pm On May 29, 2023
Leyqute:

He wasn’t professional when confronting Pep about his playing time. That was what caused the problem. If Arteta benches for too long, yawa fit gas.

That being said, Cancelo is a decent player. He can also play LB and put in a shift in midfield.

I honestly don’t want you guys to get him.
True...
I think my Guts feelings Is just telling me that Pep did overblow that stuff since he's boss and his ego.

But anyways sha, I just hope we get him
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Leyqute(m): 12:26am On May 30, 2023
Roland17:

We were over reliant on Zinchenko and the tactics that favored him and it was one of the issues we suffered this past season.

Not really.

Yes, Zinchenko had moments of madness where he makes rash decisions that causes problems. But that wasn’t the major reason you suffered.

Saliba’s injury and Holding’s inability to play out from the back as well as his defensive frailties are bigger culprits. Zinchenko actually helped your buildup and attacking plays in ways no other LB at Arsenal could.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 1:20am On May 30, 2023
Leyqute:

Not really.

Yes, Zinchenko had moments of madness where he makes rash decisions that causes problems. But that wasn’t the major reason you suffered.

Saliba’s injury and Holding’s inability to play out from the back as well as his defensive frailties are bigger culprits. Zinchenko actually helped your buildup and attacking plays in ways no other LB at Arsenal could.

I don’t think anyone contests Zinny’s influence on our attack and the associated benefits. However, it buttresses my point that the bulk of our tactic as developed by Arteta was catered to his strengths and we suffered immensely when the tactic failed as we could not employ a plan B.

We basically played one way for 38 games with little to no tactical flexibility to adjust or adapt to changes when needed. This lack of tactical flexibility and plan B ensured we were thoroughly fatigued heading into the most critical part of the season.

Saliba’s injury played a big role but our lack of tactical flexibility and plan b ultimately but us. Arteta’s plan A is great, it is the reason we stayed on top of the league for a while but without a plan B, you are unable to react to injuries or a drop in form of your core players. It is so bad that when Zinny got injured we became helpless because Tierney can’t invert and Arteta only knows how to coach his Plan A!

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lush100(m): 6:20am On May 30, 2023
Roland17:

I don’t think anyone contests Zinny’s influence on our attack and the associated benefits. However, it buttresses my point that the bulk of our tactic as developed by Arteta was catered to his strengths and we suffered immensely when the tactic failed as we could not employ a plan B.

We basically played one way for 38 games with little to no tactical flexibility to adjust or adapt to changes when needed. This lack of tactical flexibility and plan B ensured we were thoroughly fatigued heading into the most critical part of the season.

Saliba’s injury played a big role but our lack of tactical flexibility and plan b ultimately but us. Arteta’s plan A is great, it is the reason we stayed on top of the league for a while but without a plan B, you are unable to react to injuries or a drop in form of your core players. It is so bad that when Zinny got injured we became helpless because Tierney can’t invert and Arteta only knows how to coach his Plan A!
I agree with you on this.
He is not yet a good coach in setting up a plan B.
He got it somewhat right when we played liverpool 1st leg.
Some other times he completely lost it
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 7:50am On May 30, 2023
iamoyindamola:
Next season epl is changing the number font and the epl badge
The lion is now free unlike before that it's in circle
Check out the new font on zinny's daughter, they are almost identical but there are slight differences
Shut up!!
There is no different. Don't carry false rumour. All this arsenal fans self
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 7:52am On May 30, 2023
This useless team have nothing show for their hardwork. They bottle the league like Dortmund. Useless team. I go dey see how you guys will make top 4 next season undecided undecided undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 7:57am On May 30, 2023
purplekayc:
cheesy.

11 games to. Go

11 games to bottled the league grin grin grin. See this one
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 8:01am On May 30, 2023
BlueRayDick:
We no play again. Make una give us EPL trophy already 🫡

Vivid imagination!!!! grin grin grin grin. Dey play!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 8:03am On May 30, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Just tell me why we no deserve it

Because your team is useless grin grin. Dey play grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 8:11am On May 30, 2023
coded01:
Arsenal can't afford any more slipoffs!

Arsenal must win this season premier league 👏🏽

Congratulations in advance! cheesy

Vivid imagination!!!!

Congratulations kee you there!!!! grin grin grin.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:18am On May 30, 2023
Will I answer a born mugu
Lai lai

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by purplekayc(m): 8:38am On May 30, 2023
Borntosmoke:

11 games to bottled the league grin grin grin. See this one

Series of draws, dropping 2 points
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 10:58am On May 30, 2023
Another one on the loose. Yaba staff should be queried.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 11:32am On May 30, 2023
imagine the kind of stress one puts himself just for worthless attention.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 12:40pm On May 30, 2023
germaphobe:

He soke.!!!!! grin grin grin. If you know the way that kokaneprodigy , jodera, tumbir was disturbing my team thread before you bottled the league, you will not say this grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Nobody: 12:42pm On May 30, 2023
germaphobe:

What you guys ought to have to collect. What you work for 8 months was taken from you within 2 weeks. May I not be useless like this team. Prayer point 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3065) (3066) (3067) (3068) (3069) (3070) (3071) ... (3565) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.