Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,115 members, 7,887,240 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:26 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3380) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2383665 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3377) (3378) (3379) (3380) (3381) (3382) (3383) ... (3569) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:14am On Feb 27
mostob:
Rio Ferdinand: "Mikel Arteta would leave Arsenal to join Man United, 100 per cent,” he told FIVE.

"No one is saying it’s happening but if Man United in a wild dream said, ‘do you know what, Erik ten Hag, thank you’ or Erik ten Hag has been poached by Bayern Munich, and he goes there, and then Man United say top of the list is Arteta, Arteta is going in and saying to the lads, ‘listen guys, it’s been emotional but I’ve got to move, I’ve got to go.’"

This guy's weed supplier needs to upgrade abeg
Have said it before
These guys are trying to stay relevant and arsenal fans are making them get noticed
Make we ignore their useless takes and they will fade away

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:12pm On Feb 27
Lush100:

Haha....he's obsessed.
Arteta go Man-U. Person wey jump Man City and Barca.

The ogogoro he drank is too watery.
He need improved weed.

Arteta wey I dey see so prefer Arsenal to Man-U.
Barca may be his fav
With the kind work he did at arsenal I doubt he'll even go to another place like Man u or Barca to start afresh to redo what he did at arsenal especially now that's the time to reap what he has sown.

Ferdinand just deh look for mouth but the good thing is that they really recognise the good things he's done here and to me that's a big compliment grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:30pm On Feb 27
mostob:
A Rice -Jorginho pivot will give us the maximum control and allow us build up with efficiency. We need a profile like Havertz. A big target man that can serve as an outlet whenever we decide to bypass the press with long balls. Unfortunately, Havertz is an off the ball player. Man plays as if the ball go bite him. To compensate for this, one of the FBs will invert and form double pivot with Rice and Havertz will stay up top. Another option is for Ode to drop alongside Rice in a double pivot. Both options are kinda faulty because the position vacated by the inverted FB will be exposed, and for the second option, it is beneficial for the team if Ode stays up top. It is kind of a big dilemma but come on, no be me dey collect millions weekly to think up a solution.

At the end of the day, it is all about being unpredictable.
Yeah, I agree with you on this completely. Especially that Havertz as a CF to bypass press, it works very very well. And all your analysis here are spot on and I share same sentiments.

For now Jorg, Rice and Odegaard.
While we go deh wait for Partey grin

Thank goodness he's almost back and white is playing that inverted well. I just don't want let Arteta head touch for that Partey inverted nonsense again

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 1:32pm On Feb 27
Timber return be like Second coming of Jesus; person just dey anticipate
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 1:51pm On Feb 27
mostob:
Something tells me Arteta might be another Wenger. He might just retire here. Even if he is going to leave, he will likely spend about 10 years here before leaving. Although that will depend on a lot of things.
Yeah, it'll depend on a lot of things but I believe he'll stay here for long as long as he performs.

The kind work wey him do for here e no go easy to leave am go another side oo except of course he's won alot of trophies here and he just want a different challenge
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 3:21pm On Feb 27
BlueRayDick:
Timber return be like Second coming of Jesus; person just dey anticipate

How we wan take so this Kiwior situation? To be honest, since he came in for Zinny against Liverpool, he has been spectacular and the biggest credit should go to Arteta.

He is playing confident and Arteta has kept things very simple for him with that back 4. He is in a good run of form, provides aerial threat and now adding goals…do we change that? Or allow him continue as a starter?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:35pm On Feb 27
Roland17:

How we wan take so this Kiwior situation? To be honest, since he came in for Zinny against Liverpool, he has been spectacular and the biggest credit should go to Arteta.

He is playing confident and Arteta has kept things very simple for him with that back 4. He is in a good run of form, provides aerial threat and now adding goals…do we change that? Or allow him continue as a starter?
Regarding everything with respect to what you've said in the 2nd paragraph What's your own opinion?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lush100(m): 3:46pm On Feb 27
Jodera:
Regarding everything with respect to what you've said in the 2nd paragraph What's your own opinion?

Let him continue,
He is yet to understand progression.(but the potential us there.
Zinny does but neglects defensive awareness.
Xhaka is calling at Bayern Luverkensen.

Let Kiwor reach that arch on his learning curve. Zinny already knows his abilities.

We need people who can slot in easily.

Once he understands the progression we can have Zinny back and even Timber.
Taking him off will not let him fully develop.
Zinny should come in next.
Timber should take his time to heal.
I want a confident Kiwor and or any player can slot in and we would be confident the level will not drop albeit different skill set.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:54pm On Feb 27
Lush100:

Let him continue,
He is yet to understand progression.(but the potential us there.
Zinny does but neglects defensive awareness.
Xhaka is calling at Bayern Luverkensen.

Let Kiwor reach that arch on his learning curve. Zinny already knows his abilities.

We need people who can slot in easily.

Once he understands the progression we can have Zinny back and even Timber.
Taking him off will not let him fully develop.
Zinny should come in next.
Timber should take his time to heal.
I want a confident Kiwor and or any player can slot in and we would be confident the level will not drop albeit different skill set.
Cool, very very fair point.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 4:33pm On Feb 27
Roland17:

I will suggest Arteta approach this the same way he approached the Jesus vs Nketiah issue last year. Remember Jesus was out injured for a long time and Nketiah stepped-in combining with Saka and Martinelli upfront to lead us on a winning streak that resulted in lot of goals .

When Jesus was fully fit he didn't just displace Nketiah ; Jesus was actually coming from bench gradually till it became a situation where Arteta can decide to use either of them to start a match.

I think same template should be followed here. Timber should be eased back into the side little by little . And then the gaffer can decide who he will prefer as starter afterwards
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:50pm On Feb 27
BlueRayDick:

I will suggest Arteta approach this the same way he approached the Jesus vs Nketiah issue last year. Remember Jesus was out injured for a long time and Nketiah stepped-in combining with Saka and Martinelli upfront to lead us on a winning streak that resulted in lot of goals .

When Jesus was fully fit he didn't just displace Nketiah ; Jesus was actually coming from bench gradually till it became a situation where Arteta can decide to use either of them to start a match.

I think same template should be followed here. Timber should be eased back into the side little by little . And then the gaffer can decide who he will prefer as starter afterwards
Are you sure this is what happened?

From what happened Nketiah was dropped after the Brentford match and Trossard took over, starting the next game against Leicester and that's how he displaced Nketiah from the first 11. Immediately Jesus was fit and Ready to play he thrust him back in and Trossard was relegated back to the bench.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 4:51pm On Feb 27
Jodera:
Are you sure this is what happened?

From what happened Nketiah was dropped after the Brentford match and Trossard took over, starting the next game against Leicester and that's how he displaced Nketiah from the first 11. Immediately Jesus was fit and Ready to play he thrust him back in and Trossard was relegated back to the bench.

Jesus didn't come in almost immediately.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:05pm On Feb 27
BlueRayDick:

Jesus didn't come in almost immediately.
First match Jesus was available for selection after injury was against Fulham (he came from the bench). He replaced Trossard

Second Match he started against Sporting and he was subbed to regain fitness

Third match was against Crystal palace. He replaced Trossard again and that's when he regained fitness completely

From fourth match against Leeds onwards he started till end of season.

That's almost immediately If you ask me
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 5:46pm On Feb 27
Jodera:
Yeah, it'll depend on a lot of things but I believe he'll stay here for long as long as he performs.

The kind work wey him do for here e no go easy to leave am go another side oo except of course he's won alot of trophies here and he just want a different challenge
Exactly.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 5:54pm On Feb 27
Jodera:
Yeah, I agree with you on this completely. Especially that Havertz as a CF to bypass press, it works very very well. And all your analysis here are spot on and I share same sentiments.

For now Jorg, Rice and Odegaard.
While we go deh wait for Partey grin

Thank goodness he's almost back and white is playing that inverted well. I just don't want let Arteta head touch for that Partey inverted nonsense again

White inverting may work but it might affect Saliba. Saliba is our CCB as he has a better ball distribution than Gabu. Also, this will shift Saliba away from the middle where he is most effective, to the right where he would have to do a lot of running.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:02pm On Feb 27
Heard Everton's point deduction has been reduced. This automatically moves them a bit upward with another team moving downward. This is rubbish IMO. It will affect the league negatively.

One minute you're happy for escaping relegation, the next minute you're getting dragged back to the relegation battle.

Once the breach has been confirmed, the punishment should be declared one time without further review.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mine3112: 7:19pm On Feb 27
mostob:
Heard Everton's point deduction has been reduced. This automatically moves them a bit upward with another team moving downward. This is rubbish IMO. It will affect the league negatively.

One minute you're happy for escaping relegation, the next minute you're getting dragged back to the relegation battle.

Once the breach has been confirmed, the punishment should be declared one time without further review.
You are spot on and I agreed completely with your submission.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:44pm On Feb 27
mostob:
White inverting may work but it might affect Saliba. Saliba is our CCB as he has a better ball distribution than Gabu. Also, this will shift Saliba away from the middle where he is most effective, to the right where he would have to do a lot of running.
I think we're still playing 2CBs when we're attacking cos Kiwi overlaps while White inverts so both will still cover lot of ground. The inverting is what helps us to be able to quickly pressing teams into submission since we'll have overloads in midfield while if opposition wants to counter, Saliba and Gabriel are two fast and strong dominant defenders which can snuff out counter attacks. White knowing how to inverts helps the system very very well. There's a big drop off or space in behind anytime either Partey, Tierney or Kiwi inverts. You go know say dem be learners grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 7:46pm On Feb 27
mostob:

Yeah, they've been added 4 points.

I agree with your submission too. They should just get done with it once and for all instead of all these addition and subtraction during the campaign

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 8:21pm On Feb 27
Jodera:

Kiwior’s development has come a long way since the Liverpool game. I would say we continue with him as a starter because any change will affect the chemistry we have going on with that back 4 and disrupt Kiwior’s growth and development. We have kept a healthy amount of clean sheets since Kiwior started. Also, Arteta doesn’t necessarily have him playing as a traditional LB, if anything he is playing as a CB, only just wider.

Considering Timber is coming from a long layoff, Arteta needs to be very careful with reintegrating him back to the first 11 or game action. Kiwior’s form gives us enough time to gradually transition Timber. In comparison to what Zinny offers us offensively as an inverted LB, I prefer the stability and defense that Kiwior has been able to provide.

Ultimately, it is Timber’s position but I want a very methodical and slow reintegration because the worst that can happen to Timber is another ligament tear. We need to see how his body responds to training and real game time minutes.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:39pm On Feb 27
Roland17:

Kiwior’s development has come a long way since the Liverpool game. I would say we continue with him as a starter because any change will affect the chemistry we have going on with that back 4 and disrupt Kiwior’s growth and development. We have kept a healthy amount of clean sheets since Kiwior started. Also, Arteta doesn’t necessarily have him playing as a traditional LB, if anything he is playing as a CB, only just wider.

Considering Timber is coming from a long layoff, Arteta needs to be very careful with reintegrating him back to the first 11 or game action. Kiwior’s form gives us enough time to gradually transition Timber. In comparison to what Zinny offers us offensively as an inverted LB, I prefer the stability and defense that Kiwior has been able to provide.

Ultimately, it is Timber’s position but I want a very methodical and slow reintegration because the worst that can happen to Timber is another ligament tear. We need to see how his body responds to training and real game time minutes.
Yes kiwi plays as an additional CB which can overlap when we are with the ball
He doesn't really attack much but is available to form more bodies in attack if needed
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:47pm On Feb 27
Arsenal will manage Gabriel Jesus through the season finale to avoid further flare-ups of his persistent knee problems.

Arsenal medics are taking a cautious approach to his workload to ensure the ongoing knee complaint doesn’t worsen. [@SamiMokbel81_DM Mail]Arsenal hope Takehiro Tomiyasu and Oleksandr Zinchenko could both be available for Monday’s trip to Sheffield United after recovering from injuries while Thomas Partey is also nearing a full return. #arsenalfanaticsnews
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:31am On Feb 28
Roland17:

True especially the bolded. I share same sentiments too.
If I'm Zinny, I'll be knocking at Arteta's door and telling him my job at FB is over and I need a spot in midfield even if it's to fight for it.

And as for Timber too, it won't be good that we rush him and that he's completely healed. I also feel part of the reasons Jesus is getting injury and setback is because he probably wasn't fully healed from the long layoff last season. ACL no be small injury and I hope Timber is allowed time to properly heal completely
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:33am On Feb 28
mostob:
Arsenal will manage Gabriel Jesus through the season finale to avoid further flare-ups of his persistent knee problems.

Arsenal medics are taking a cautious approach to his workload to ensure the ongoing knee complaint doesn’t worsen. [@SamiMokbel81_DM Mail]Arsenal hope Takehiro Tomiyasu and Oleksandr Zinchenko could both be available for Monday’s trip to Sheffield United after recovering from injuries while Thomas Partey is also nearing a full return. #arsenalfanaticsnews

Better for GJ oo.
But na every week we deh hear say Partey deh near full return? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:40am On Feb 28
Jodera:

Better for GJ oo.
But na every week we deh hear say Partey deh near full return? cheesy
I think Partey and Jesus are in the same boat. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:16am On Feb 28
mostob:
I think Partey and Jesus are in the same boat. grin
The thing tire me sef cheesy

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by ObaIgwe1: 3:16pm On Feb 28
mostob:
Rio Ferdinand: "Mikel Arteta would leave Arsenal to join Man United, 100 per cent,” he told FIVE.

"No one is saying it’s happening but if Man United in a wild dream said, ‘do you know what, Erik ten Hag, thank you’ or Erik ten Hag has been poached by Bayern Munich, and he goes there, and then Man United say top of the list is Arteta, Arteta is going in and saying to the lads, ‘listen guys, it’s been emotional but I’ve got to move, I’ve got to go.’"

This guy's weed supplier needs to upgrade abeg

The smile for me here is that; the rookie manager many Arsenal fans would have gladly thrown into the bottom of River Thames has become who many big clubs fans now desire, even when he is yet to win EPL or CL. One of my friends, a Chelsea fan last week was wishing their owner can make an offer Arteta wouldn't be able to refuse... I just told him 'dey play'. grin

My friend Roland17 is also beginning to give Arteta some accolades cheesy What I don't know is if he and Oyindamola have fully accepted Arteta as our befitting Manager. (just joking ni o.... I no get power to debate Arteta o) cheesy

Anyways, I am not saying Arteta didn't make mistakes, he made lots of them expected of a Rookie and he bottled a good run twice and I pray he doesn't bottle this current good run. But I think our patient with him is paying off, he has improved on the job. Right now I am not sure I can rate more than 5 managers ahead of him, and 2 of those managers (Pep and Klopp) will not come to Arsenal...I know.

I think Arteta owes some of us fans who argued that he be giving a chance to complete the process something... especially after that his 1st full season that ended us nowhere.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:20pm On Feb 28
ObaIgwe1:

The smile for me here is that; the rookie manager many Arsenal fans would have gladly thrown into the bottom of River Thames has become who many big clubs fans now desire, even when he is yet to win EPL or CL. One of my friends, a Chelsea fan last week was wishing their owner can make an offer Arteta wouldn't be able to refuse... I just told him 'dey play'. grin

My friend Roland17 is also beginning to give Arteta some accolades cheesy What I don't know is if he and Oyindamola have fully accepted Arteta as our befitting Manager. (just joking ni o.... I no get power to debate Arteta o) cheesy

Anyways, I am not saying Arteta didn't make mistakes, he made lots of them expected of a Rookie and he bottled a good run twice and I pray he doesn't bottle this current good run. But I think our patient with him is paying off, he has improved on the job. Right now I am not sure I can rate more than 5 managers ahead of him, and 2 of those managers (Pep and Klopp) will not come to Arsenal...I know.

I think Arteta owes some of us fans who argued that he be giving a chance to complete the process something... especially after that his 1st full season that ended us nowhere.

💯 💯💯
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by IZUKWU(m): 4:25pm On Feb 28
This tittle race is about to go down to the wire. First to blink .
Man city has shown they have what it takes in scenarios like this to win the league but they still have to play both Arsenal and Liverpool. They just need to win all their matches and they are champions once again or will arsenal show that they have matured and learnt their lessons from last two seasons and dig in and win the league .
Time will tell, my head is with Man city and my heart is with Arsenal. I think Liverpool has many injuries and will not last the distance.

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 4:45pm On Feb 28
I just read mikano cried and called arsenal when he was in transit to Chelsea
Well 600 more years of tears for him, he could have rejected the offer like rice did, werey elekun egbere
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:53pm On Feb 28
iamoyindamola:
I just read mikano cried and called arsenal when he was in transit to Chelsea
Well 600 more years of tears for him, he could have rejected the offer like rice did, werey elekun egbere
Lol... If you read him tori that time you go know say he was really influenced.

Anyways sha, the ship have sailed

(1) (2) (3) ... (3377) (3378) (3379) (3380) (3381) (3382) (3383) ... (3569) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.