Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,216 members, 7,873,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 10:05 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3544) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2370737 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3541) (3542) (3543) (3544) (3545) (3546) (3547) ... (3558) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 11:31pm On Jun 01
The new format of the UCL begins in a few months.

This means that goals will become important in grand scheme of things and so demand for finishers will skyrocket as well. I doubt Arsenal is part of the 8 automatic tickets sha. We'll see soon. Sooo, buyyyyy!!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lush100(m): 7:33am On Jun 02
daveP:
The new format of the UCL begins in a few months.

This means that goals will become important in grand scheme of things and so demand for finishers will skyrocket as well. I doubt Arsenal is part of the 8 automatic tickets sha. We'll see soon. Sooo, buyyyyy!!!
Yes.
Goals difference and goals.
G Jesus should have solved this prob for us but he's more interested in build up.
I remember martinelli didn't pass to I think saka 2 seasons ago we should have won Liverpool.
Trossard is already making claim for the wing.
I think we could use him upfront.
Problem he not that okay for too much touched in opposition box.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 1:00pm On Jun 02
At this rate, Vieira and Kiwior are not exempted from the clear out.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 4:57pm On Jun 02
Lush100:
Yes.
G Jesus should have solved this prob for us but he's more interested in build up.
I remember martinelli didn't pass to I think saka 2 seasons ago we should have won Liverpool.

Let's see if this new format will favor us. The ONLY takeaway i have that we need to get asap is Squad depth to be able to compete favourably on both ends. If the Frontline needs to change to achieve that, then let's get on with it. No dulling.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:35pm On Jun 02
Lush100:
Yes.
Was scoring goals a problem for us last season? I don't think so.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:47pm On Jun 02
The fact is ready made Striker no dey outside now. All we have are just prospects.

1. Sesko
2. Gyokeres
3. Osimhen
4. Vlahovic
5. Dovbyk

Who would you go for?
Personally, my choice is between Sesko (close call between him and Gyokeres).
Napoli wants 130m for Osimhen and he is currently injured. That rules him out of my options.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 8:25pm On Jun 02
mostob:
The fact is ready made Striker no dey outside now. All we have are just prospects.

1. Sesko
2. Gyokeres
3. Osimhen
4. Vlahovic
5. Dovbyk

Who would you go for?
Napoli wants 130m for Osimhen and he is currently injured. That rules him out of my options.

Abeg comot that Vlah abeg. Gracias 🤣
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by fredoooooo: 8:42pm On Jun 02
Assnal tried to ambush Real Madrid in London yesterday and collect the UCL trophy.
They bottled it again
grin cheesy grin grin cheesy grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Lush100(m): 6:04am On Jun 03
Spy360:

Was scoring goals a problem for us last season? I don't think so.
No sir
Scoring was not a problem for laat season but winning some matches was a problem and that's because when opportunity/chances comes we didn't take all of them.
We could have won the league with 89 points but another team went further to get 91 points.
So we need to see how we can improve.
I'm not castigating the team. I'm very proud of them but looking at the UCL format we need to close out all identified weakness.
Mbappe has joined Real Madrid.(this has solved their goal threat problem even with them winning the La Liga.)
We should also look to ours
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:16am On Jun 03
daveP:

Abeg comot that Vlah abeg. Gracias
Lol...he is still in the conversation.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 8:20am On Jun 03
Lush100:
No sir
Scoring was not a problem for laat season but winning some matches was a problem and that's because when opportunity/chances comes we didn't take all of them.
We could have won the league with 89 points but another team went further to get 91 points.
I'm not castigating the team. I'm very proud of them but looking at the UCL format we need to close out all identified weakness.
Mbappe has joined Real Madrid.(this has solved their goal threat problem even with them winning the La Liga.)

Thank you for this. If anything at all, we need to mirror the mentality of the champions and try to equal or find ways to outsmart their moves. See how the madrid team is going to be set up next season and you'll begin to wonder if they're not greedy enough. We don't even know who they'll be onto to replace Modric and Kroos but i know they're planning that already.
No be all this talk of "scoring is not our problem"

The Finals that happened in the last 3weeks had teams that know how to score struggling(including Madrid), and we never reach their level o. Until mistakes occured.

Mentality... Like Lookman vs Bayer04.

See Ceballos o😎
That means 5 ex-Gunners played in a Uefa final/won a medal

See Madrid alone. I heard Rodrygo is leaving. Dunno how true sha.

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:27pm On Jun 03
Lush100:
No sir
Ok I get your point. 👍🏽

The teams we lost to were mid table teams that defended in a low block. A striker would have opened them up.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:31pm On Jun 03
mostob:

1. Sesko
2. Gyokeres
3. Osimhen
4. Vlahovic
5. Dovbyk

Who would you go for?
Either Sesko or Gyokeres. Personally I see/suspect Gyokeres as scam. That's because I saw this guy playing for Coventry last season. lipsrsealed He is even 26 years old.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:34pm On Jun 03
daveP:

Thank you for this. If anything at all, we need to mirror the mentality of the champions and try to equal or find ways to outsmart their moves. See how the madrid team is going to be set up next season and you'll begin to wonder if they're not greedy enough. We don't even know who they'll be onto to replace Modric and Kroos but i know they're planning that already.
No be all this talk of "scoring is not our problem"

The Finals that happened in the last 3weeks had teams that know how to score struggling(including Madrid), and we never reach their level o. Until mistakes occured.

Mentality... Like Lookman vs Bayer04.

See Ceballos o😎
That means 5 ex-Gunners played in a Uefa final/won a medal

See Madrid alone. I heard Rodrygo is leaving. Dunno how true sha.
Madrid without Kroos will not be the same again. It is almost impossible to replace him in that diamond midfield Ancelotti loves to play.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Vischy: 4:35pm On Jun 03
Spy360:

Either Sesko or Gyokeres. Personally I see/suspect Gyokeres as scam. That's because I saw this guy playing for Coventry last season. lipsrsealed He is even 26 years old.

I saw Gyokeres too vas Porto and he wasn't that great but can still make a good striker.

€100m release clause is too much though
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:37pm On Jun 03
Vischy:

I saw Gyokeres too vas Porto and he wasn't that great but can still make a good striker.

€100m release clause is too much though
Exactly bro.
He is just a good point man that can get at the end of goals. But he doesn't have that ability to influence games.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Vischy: 4:37pm On Jun 03
mostob:

1. Sesko
2. Gyokeres
3. Osimhen
4. Vlahovic
5. Dovbyk

Who would you go for?

Dovbyk at €40m will make a good bargain but arsenal are not interested.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 4:38pm On Jun 03
Spy360:

Madrid without Kroos will not be the same again. It is almost impossible to replace him in that diamond midfield Ancelotti loves to play.

There's no player Madrid cannot replace

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Vischy: 4:40pm On Jun 03
Spy360:

I think valverde replaces him easily alongside tchoumeni, camavinga and Bellingham in diamond formation
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 4:43pm On Jun 03
Spy360:

Are you kidding me?

Same Ancelotti o. Same Madrid. Many of us never imagined a Madrid after Cr7, Benzema, and those guys that balled under Mou that year. But Zidane came. Don Carlo too. Don't underestimate the Don's ability to get replacement to keep the wheel spinning just fine. Madrid can make us forget Kroos if they want.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:42pm On Jun 03
BlueRayDick:

There's no player Madrid cannot replace
There's evidence. I agree.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:43pm On Jun 03
Vischy:

I think valverde replaces him easily alongside tchoumeni, camavinga and Bellingham in diamond formation
Kroos was unplayable. It will be a tough task for Valverde
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 7:45pm On Jun 03
daveP:

Are you kidding me?

Same Ancelotti o. Same Madrid. Many of us never imagined a Madrid after Cr7, Benzema, and those guys that balled under Mou that year. But Zidane came. Don Carlo too. Don't underestimate the Don's ability to get replacement to keep the wheel spinning just fine. Madrid can make us forget Kroos if they want.

I have to accept the bolded as a fact.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 11:03am On Jun 04
Vischy:

Dovbyk at €40m will make a good bargain but arsenal are not interested.
The striker market in this transfer window is slippery. There are lot of first timers (Dovbyk, Gyokeres..) Osimhen is good but his availability is the main issue especially as we still have Jesus in the team. I like Sesko. He is young, fast and durable. My option is between Sesko and Gyokeres but I'll go with Sesko due to age, exposure and league.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 11:05am On Jun 04
Spy360:

Wait.. Gyokeres played for Coventry before? I was not aware sha
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 5:29pm On Jun 04
mostob:
Wait.. Gyokeres played for Coventry before? I was not aware sha
Yes. And he was not spectacular. Now him want form Haaland 2.0 grin

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by johnjunior39(m): 6:17am On Jun 05
Spy360:

After Nunez, I don't have complete trust on anyone from that league.

I was reading somewhere and I saw a post that said that two major weakness for Sessko was that he like drifting wide and finishing is below average. Tor

Me I will still go for Oshimen because dude have tasted different league. Injury is just my concern
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by airmark(m): 11:52am On Jun 05
daveP:

Abeg comot that Vlah abeg. Gracias 🤣

Add Jackson please.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:57pm On Jun 05
johnjunior39:

After Nunez, I don't have complete trust on anyone from that league.

I was reading somewhere and I saw a post that said that two major weakness for Sessko was that he like drifting wide and finishing is below average. Tor

Me I will still go for Oshimen because dude have tasted different league. Injury is just my concern
Apart from the top four in Portugal, the rest are just amateurs. Any decent striker can score loads of goals there. There's almost no competition apart from those four clubs.

While Gyokeres can still be good, that he goal 30goals should not be the yardstick. He should be thoroughly investigated. Lol.

As for Sesko, he is 20/21 and is still learning. His finishing is very good and he is good with both feet and head. In fact that's what attracted me to him. He has pace and can take his man meaning that he can be self reliant if need be. He is tall and strong too meaning he can be a point man and lone striker if that's what is needed.

In that RB Leipzig team he is not the main goal outlet, (Openda is) so he can also be a space controller can the likes of Saka and Martinelli to score from the sides.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 2:59pm On Jun 05
airmark:

Add Jackson please.
We don't want somebody that will be dancing Skelewu moonwalking in front of post 😂
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 4:13pm On Jun 06
Spy360:

We don't want somebody that will be dancing Skelewu moonwalking in front of post 😂
or fighting for pk after captain say give Kai😂😂

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 4:05pm On Jun 07
cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (3541) (3542) (3543) (3544) (3545) (3546) (3547) ... (3558) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Fkforyou(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.