Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,211 members, 7,873,930 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:33 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3546) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2370722 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3543) (3544) (3545) (3546) (3547) (3548) (3549) ... (3558) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 6:30pm On Jun 08
I want England to win cause of Saka, Rice and Bellingham. They also have a better squad but I hope Southgate use his head ooo
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 7:05pm On Jun 08
Jodera:

Lol, that synergy is what good coaching brings and that's what they're lacking. In terms of leadership, they have a lot of leaders and less ego players. This is something most successful teams have and they have it in abundance

They have a lot of winners and people who can change game just with a flip of fingers. Na just coaching be the issue las las. I don't know why Wenger no wan coach this team esp when he left arsenal. Na him for fit Dem well

And personally, I never still believe this Harry Kane curse Sha. Make I see how next season go be, if Bayern no carry anything then I'll know the curse is real embarassed
Na Dortmund go carry Burnthisleague next season grin grin grin

I didn't mention Bayer for two reasons. They might lost some of their players to other clubs and might find it difficult to cope with UCL.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:10pm On Jun 08
Shegzdave:

Putting someone who didn’t start a match they lost on their front page is nothing?

You don’t have to call someone name to put them in bad light
Lol... Tbh I don't see what you people are seeing Sha but it's alright
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 8:13pm On Jun 08
mostob:
Na Dortmund go carry Burnthisleague next season grin grin grin

I didn't mention Bayer for two reasons. They might lost some of their players to other clubs and might find it difficult to cope with UCL.
Lol..
Make we dey see sha cos I still tip Kane to break his "curse" record
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:20am On Jun 09
Jodera:

Lol..
Make we dey see sha cos I still tip Kane to break his "curse" record
I pray so bro... With trophies, Harry Kane would be in the same conversation as Lewadowski, Suarez...
He has worked hard and he deserves to win something.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by iamoyindamola(m): 9:26am On Jun 09
Ofcourse there’s nothing wrong with using saka image for the defeat because saka is the poster boy 😂😂😂
This is the mentality I keep getting on this thread
When England won their first match at the WC, saka scored brace and won the motm these fvcking media outlets didn’t use him as the poster boy o
But now it’s okay
No wonder pep is untouchable
Make una carry on jare
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:08am On Jun 09
mostob:
I pray so bro... With trophies, Harry Kane would be in the same conversation as Lewadowski, Suarez...
He has worked hard and he deserves to win something.
Yeah, he truly deserves it.

I just dey pity am because any human with such a talent and such achievements deserves trophies. It'll be very very unfair if he doesn't win at least 2 major trophies before he retires.

2 Likes

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 11:22am On Jun 09
Jodera:

Yeah, he truly deserves it.

I just dey pity am because any human with such a talent and such achievements deserves trophies. It'll be very very unfair if he doesn't win at least 2 major trophies before he retires.
Yea. I really wish he can win something next season but this one Bayern went to hire Kompany eh.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 11:40am On Jun 09
mostob:
Yea. I really wish he can win something next season but this one Bayern went to hire Kompany eh.
I sat down one day and studied how kompany's team plays and saw why Bayern went for him. Let's just say his Burnley team wasn't made for EPL, though I can argue that they should have showed more strength than they did. At Anderlecht he performed well because the players he had was close to the league standards, in the championship Burnley achieve success cus of the same thing, but not improving his squad to match EPL standard affected them last season. He has the vision and system of play that makes sense, it's just the right players that was lacking and that is something Bayern always have. Kane is certainly winning a trophy next season, every hustler have his pay day and that man is a real hustler. I only hate Kane when he scores against Arsenal.

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 12:06pm On Jun 09
germaphobe:

I sat down one day and studied how kompany's team plays and saw why Bayern went for him. Let's just say his Burnley team wasn't made for EPL, though I can argue that they should have showed more strength than they did. At Anderlecht he performed well because the players he had was close to the league standards, in the championship Burnley achieve success cus of the same thing, but not improving his squad to match EPL standard affected them last season. He has the vision and system of play that makes sense, it's just the right players that was lacking and that is something Bayern always have. Kane is certainly winning a trophy next season, every hustler have his pay day and that man is a real hustler. I only hate Kane when he scores against Arsenal.
I know bro. There are still some other things that come with managing a big club like Bayern. Expectations, pressures and even dressing room. Let's hope he find way around these.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 12:16pm On Jun 09
mostob:
I know bro. There are still some other things that come with managing a big club like Bayern. Expectations, pressures and even dressing room. Let's hope he find way around these.
Na d main Koko be dis

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:39pm On Jun 09
mostob:
Ger.maphobe don do justice to wetin I get for mind cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 4:41pm On Jun 09
germaphobe:

Lol, normally I don't even hate Kane at all grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Roland17(m): 7:50pm On Jun 09
Jodera:

Avoid me angry I will not tolerate any Spud love fest here.

Once a Spud, always a Dirt, except they openly swear allegiance and denounce their Spud roots....Sol Campbell. Kane is the dirtiest of them all, the refs allowed him get away with some of the dirtiest plays against our defenders. angry
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by hensben(m): 7:57pm On Jun 09
This is Saka’s euro 2020 yet he carried England.
Arsenal fan and hype

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:44pm On Jun 09
Roland17:

Once a Spud, always a Dirt, except they openly swear allegiance and denounce their Spud roots....Sol Campbell. Kane is the dirtiest of them all, the refs allowed him get away with some of the dirtiest plays against our defenders. angry
grin grin grin grin

You're forgetting Kane is from our academy and famously celebrated the invcibles. grin

The guy still get small arsenal blood in his veins bro cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 12:11am On Jun 10
Roland17:

GBAM!!!. Kane Everytime against Arsenal was the shittest of shit spurs, but na still better player and I can't take that away.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 12:12am On Jun 10
Jodera:
grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 12:15am On Jun 10
Jodera:

grin grin grin grin

You're forgetting Kane is from our academy and famously celebrated the invcibles. grin

The guy still get small arsenal blood in his veins bro cheesy cheesy
Abeg he Sabi over do against Arsenal. Diving, rough play and what not. He's a good player not just on any match day against Arsenal.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:18am On Jun 10
germaphobe:

Abeg he Sabi over do against Arsenal. Diving, rough play and what not. He's a good player not just on any match day against Arsenal.
Lol... Abii

The thing be say personally I just like the guy. And even though he scored most goals against us(especially at Spurs), but realistically most of his goals are harmless.
Person wey I dey even vex normally na Drogba. If no be say na African Bobo, I for hate am. Na that guy really give me Pstd no be Kane wey just dey use him goals against us dey statpad him goals collection grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 10:56am On Jun 10
Can we agree that Arteta thought that Nketiah and Jesus will fill up the Lacazette spot, but they really couldn't. I mean primary striker role. So far, the Creator and Finisher combined role doesn't seem to be flourishing with major factors being injury and playing time,plus coach preference. Best season of Laca na 21GA. Same for Jesus(but at man City)

This is not a Laca preference post. Just looking between the lines. Gabriel dived. 26GA in 53games.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:24pm On Jun 10
daveP:
Can we agree that Arteta thought that Nketiah and Jesus will fill up the Lacazette spot, but they really couldn't. I mean primary striker role. So far, the Creator and Finisher combined role doesn't seem to be flourishing with major factors being injury and playing time,plus coach preference. Best season of Laca na 21GA. Same for Jesus(but at man City)

This is not a Laca preference post. Just looking between the lines. Gabriel dived. 26GA in 53games.
Jesus Pre-Wc was bomb. At least the only thing I was even castigating him was scoring goals but even at that it wasn't that very bad.

Jesus post-Wc isn't the same Jesus we all know to love at arsenal plus injury is killing the game time too

I don't mind that combined Creating and finisher striker at all and I still insist that would be perfect for this our setup presently. I believe there's a striker like that and we just need to be hopeful to get one. What I don't think we need is to get a Haaland-type of striker that would be limited in every aspect while just scoring goals. It might be good for his Pr but we might suffer collectively

And yeah there's still a combined Creating and finisher type of striker who can be deadly and still be a game changer. Kane, Van persie, Suarez are very very good examples and that's the kind of striker we need

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 2:34pm On Jun 10
Jodera:

Jesus Pre-Wc was bomb. At least the only thing I was even castigating him was scoring goals but even at that it wasn't that very bad.

Jesus post-Wc isn't the same Jesus we all know to love at arsenal plus injury is killing the game time too

I don't mind that combined Creating and finisher striker at all and I still insist that would be perfect for this our setup presently. I believe there's a striker like that and we just need to be hopeful to get one. What I don't think we need is to get a Haaland-type of striker that would be limited in every aspect while just scoring goals. It might be good for his Pr but we might suffer collectively

And yeah there's still a combined Creating and finisher type of striker who can be deadly and still be a game changer. Kane, Van persie, Suarez are very very good examples and that's the kind of striker we need

Besides, Laca had Iwobi, Ozil and Ceballos. Iwobi Vision that year was something else ( like asif he was under studying ozil). Plus Laca barely got yellow cards despite how he looked vs defenders. His outside shots are seriously missed.

As for Haaland, he's lucky Arteta is no longer at City. MA for don impress Apari to rest the guy as he's not producing what he ought to. Pep doesn't look so pissed at his game. Haaland is lucky. So, we can still get a Haaland that's hardworking too, but primary duty more the need. We'll fly.

Odegaard and co need a striker that will add to their current hype.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 2:43pm On Jun 10
daveP:

grin grin grin

Anytime I read ur posts about this striker issues ehn, I always smile.

For ur sake, I just hope whomever we sign as striker actually ends up scoring gazillion of goals. U seem so fixated having strikers score tons of goals instead of having a multi-goalscoring team.

Me I prefer Nketiah and Jesus contributing their quota while the while everybody play their part to ship multiple goals past opposing teams.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 2:45pm On Jun 10
daveP:
Besides, Laca had Iwobi, Ozil and Ceballos. Iwobi Vision that year was something else ( like asif he was under studying ozil). Plus Laca barely got yellow cards despite how he looked vs defenders. His outside shots are seriously missed.

As for Haaland, he's lucky Arteta is no longer at City. MA for don impress Apari to rest the guy as he's not producing what he ought to. Pep doesn't look so pissed at his game. Haaland is lucky. So, we can still get a Haaland that's hardworking too, but primary duty more the need. We'll fly.

Iwobi was not all that.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:48pm On Jun 10
daveP:

If we are honest, the only best season laca gave us was his first abi second season where he won Arsenal's player of the year. Laca normally have been "just there". Forget abi yellow cards. Anyone who followed Jesus yellow cards on his debut season will know that most was very very harsh.

As for Haaland, I'm looking at his in built attributes. Haaland can't dribble, can't create chance for himself, hardly involves in buildup play(I'm not saying he should do this in midfield sef). These are inherent attributes that can hardly be coached into anybody. He's just the present day Inzaghi with height.

I'm not against a good finisher cos every team needs one but what I think this team needs is a striker who has a balance in both. Think Kane, Suarez, Van Persie. Are you saying a striker of any of this caliber is impossible for us to have?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 2:55pm On Jun 10
Jodera:

Lol... Abii

The thing be say personally I just like the guy. And even though he scored most goals against us(especially at Spurs), but realistically most of his goals are harmless.
Person wey I dey even vex normally na Drogba. If no be say na African Bobo, I for hate am. Na that guy really give me Pstd no be Kane wey just dey use him goals against us dey statpad him goals collection grin grin grin
You still remember that Chelsea team? They really pepper us. I'm glad we now have the upper hand.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 2:58pm On Jun 10
BlueRayDick:

grin grin grin

Anytime I read ur posts about this striker issues ehn, I always smile.

For ur sake, I just hope whomever we sign as striker actually ends up scoring gazillion of goals. U seem so fixated having strikers score tons of goals instead of having a multi-goalscoring team.

Me I prefer Nketiah and Jesus contributing their quota while the while everybody play their part to ship multiple goals past opposing teams.
A clinical Pre-Wc Jesus is what this team needs. There's a big reason we moved from top 4 contender to title contender sharply because of his style of play (I'm not neglecting other players impact tho). But that Pre-Wc Jesus is the epitome of dream striker I've always got in mind when envisioning the kind of striker I want

Good buildup and linkup play outside or inside the box and still be in the box to score or poach goals when the need arises
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 3:06pm On Jun 10
Jodera:
A clinical Pre-Wc Jesus is what this team needs. There's a big reason we moved from top 4 contender to title contender sharply because of his style of play (I'm not neglecting other players impact tho). But that Pre-Wc Jesus is the epitome of dream striker I've always got in mind when envisioning the kind of striker I want

Good buildup and linkup play outside or inside the box and still be in the box to score or poach goals when the need arises

I always see humor Dave's post each time he suggests we sign an "out and out striker" as opposed to players in the mould of Gabriel Jesus, Nketiah, etc who do link-up play and also function actively in the build-up play.

Agreed Gabriel Jesus has not been at his best in terms of finishing and we may be left with no choice than to sign another striker. But one thing is sacrosanct; whoever we will sign will either be in that Mould or Arteta may be forced to change formation to accommodate the kinda strikers Dave likes.

It is obvious strikers like Gabriel Jesus are critical to Arteta's style of play. Like u rightly opined, there's a resason we now ship bag of goals past our opponents in the last two seasons.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:08pm On Jun 10
mostob:
You still remember that Chelsea team? They really pepper us. I'm glad we now have the upper hand.
I swear. Dem dey give me Pstd then cheesy cheesy

I understand some of our fans hating on Tottenham because of the rivalry and sort but personally, to me o, I think it ought to be England's London fans that should be worried about that not we Nigerians.

Na Chelsea normally be my real enemy and Drogba is that "Harry Kane" we ought to be looking at not Kane himself (if you know what I mean grin)

Finals, Drogba take it from my hands, back to back scorings na him do us well well wey e pepper us, flogging na Dem come dey wipe us( Arsene's 1000th and 500th game in charge, na Dem deal with us with the former being the worst of the worst scoreline).

In football banter and as a Nigerian arsenal fan, na Drogba be the dirty dirt and Chelsea na the dirty spudsembarassed embarassed embarassed

Na why as we don dey beat them, e dey totori me and that 5-0 sweet my Belle well grin grin. I just dey hope on more of that hopefully

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 3:18pm On Jun 10
BlueRayDick:

I always see humor Dave's post each time he suggests we sign an "out and out striker" as opposed to players in the mould of Gabriel Jesus, Nketiah, etc who do link-up play and also function actively in the build-up play.

Agreed Gabriel Jesus has not been at his best in terms of finishing and we may be left with no choice than to sign another striker. But one thing is sacrosanct; whoever we will sign will either be in that Mould or Arteta may be forced to change formation to accommodate the kinda strikers Dave likes.

It is obvious strikers like Gabriel Jesus are critical to Arteta's style of play. Like u rightly opined, there's a resason we now ship bag of goals past our opponents in the last two seasons.
Lol... Dave.P just wan see out and out striker else him no go dey fully impressed grin

If we like make we score 500goals, him go say we try but If we fit score 500goals without out and out striker, then imagine us scoring 1000goals if there's out and out striker grin

Granted, what I agree with him is that the said striker needs to be clinical but certainly not at the expense of the team's system or cohesiveness.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Liposure: 3:18pm On Jun 10
Jodera:

If we are honest, the only best season laca gave us was his first abi second season where he won Arsenal's player of the year. Laca normally have been "just there". Forget abi yellow cards. Anyone who followed Jesus yellow cards on his debut season will know that most was very very harsh.

As for Haaland, I'm looking at his in built attributes. Haaland can't dribble, can't create chance for himself, hardly involves in buildup play(I'm not saying he should do this in midfield sef). These are inherent attributes that can hardly be coached into anybody. He's just the present day Inzaghi with height.

I'm not against a good finisher cos every team needs one but what I think this team needs is a striker who has a balance in both. Think Kane, Suarez, Van Persie. Are you saying a striker of any of this caliber is impossible for us to have?
You lie. Go and rewatch his game

(1) (2) (3) ... (3543) (3544) (3545) (3546) (3547) (3548) (3549) ... (3558) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.