Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,449 members, 7,978,444 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 08:29 AM

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3548) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 (2473748 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3545) (3546) (3547) (3548) (3549) (3550) (3551) ... (3685) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:29am On Jun 13
iamoyindamola:
Yamal is how old again, psg want him At what age did Madrid get guler?
Yamal is straight from La masia just like Saka.
Arder Guler is 19 years old... 2 years above the 17 years age limit.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:29pm On Jun 13
Jodera:

I read he felt he wasn't ready for a big jump yet reason why he extended to gain more development. Watching his clips and keenly observing his attributes, I felt same way too reason why I once said I'm not really sold on him. But one thing is certain, he has that potential but I don't see him as one presently to fill in a starting spot esp for us

Osinhem is injury prone else that would have been my perfect Cf. Aside Gyokeres, I dunno who again oo. Maybe we should go for Solanke but I've not really watched him to know whether this season is just a one off but he is still young (at least) which is a bonus
Sesko only started making the marks around the second half of last season. He started playing as no 9 when Openda was moved to the wings. Openda was actually the main goal threat for Leipzig taking the season as a whole into account. However a lot of potentials was seen in Sesko hence the hype.

Most of the top strikers available are already in big clubs and they would not be allowed to leave unless an astronomical fee is paid. The move many clubs are making now is to identify potential big things that are yet unknown. The likes of Solanke for me does not look like he will be a top striker. I mean we have observed him for years now and the signs he is showing are those of mid table club level at best.

Arteta and Edu must do everything not to allow Chido Obi Martins to leave for free. They ought to have tied him down before he started blowing hot. They should bless his life with a decent professional contract worth at least 50k. It will not be a waste. 50k x 52weeks = 2.6m. On a good day this guy can fetch over 30m if we choose to sell him.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 4:31pm On Jun 13
Jodera:
Yeah, perhaps it would have been rapid but do arsenal need another "potential or deputy" strikrt?
I thought we need one that would slot into the team and elevate us instantly like G.j did for us. That was my line of thought all these while.

Reason why I said Solanke is because he can bring that presence to the box compared to Nketiah(since that's what most of us clamoured for). Also he's very physically dominating and good aerially compared to Nketiah. He might be a diamond in the rough that can be polished into a devastating striker with the right element and quality surrounding him. I've not watched him well enough to know his other deciding attributes but this is just few times I did watch him last season.

Striker scarce my brother. Maybe we just need one we could shape into a very devastating one na why I dey highlight Solanke
Chai!

Nketiah is highly underrated. Let him leave and we will regret not tapping his potentials.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:42pm On Jun 13
mostob:
You get...
Aston Villa? Dem bin get small affiliation with City probably. The rule is probably preventing them from flexing their financial muscle.
ohh.. I see
No wonder

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 5:51pm On Jun 13
Spy360:

Sesko only started making the marks around the second half of last season. He started playing as no 9 when Openda was moved to the wings. Openda was actually the main goal threat for Leipzig taking the season as a whole into account. However a lot of potentials was seen in Sesko hence the hype.

Most of the top strikers available are already in big clubs and they would not be allowed to leave unless an astronomical fee is paid. The move many clubs are making now is to identify potential big things that are yet unknown. The likes of Solanke for me does not look like he will be a top striker. I mean we have observed him for years now and the signs he is showing are those of mid table club level at best.

Arteta and Edu must do everything not to allow Chido Obi Martins to leave for free. They ought to have tied him down before he started blowing hot. They should bless his life with a decent professional contract worth at least 50k. It will not be a waste. 50k x 52weeks = 2.6m. On a good day this guy can fetch over 30m if we choose to sell him.
Yeah, I believe arsenal will try and hold the this Chido boy. If we're serious, we should definitely make a clear path for him into the squad.
And it's true with what you say about Most clubs buying potential big hits and young guys cos proven players unfortunately doesn't come cheap.

Let's just hope we'll get someone good for a Cf. Jesus would have sorted this problem if only he was less injury prone and more clinical than he is
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 6:06pm On Jun 13
Spy360:

Arteta and Edu must do everything not to allow Chido Obi Martins to leave for free. They ought to have tied him down before he started blowing hot. They should bless his life with a decent professional contract worth at least 50k. It will not be a waste. 50k x 52weeks = 2.6m[/b]On a good day this guy can fetch over 30m if we choose to sell him.

They should give a 17 year old Amateur 50k per week contract ? 😂

U’ve got jokes . How much do u think Fabio Viera and Smith-Rowe earn sef ?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:18pm On Jun 13
Spy360:

Chai!

Nketiah is highly underrated. Let him leave and we will regret not tapping his potentials.
Underrated how??

I dunno if he'll be a late bloomer Sha but presently he's not looking like someone that will be our Cf. Nketiah needs to be sold.

He's not imposing enough
His link up isn't that great

In fact, to cut the long story short, he doesn't fit a title challenging team currently. I know I defended him as a good deputy when guys where clamoring that he should be sold but then that was because we were top 4 contenders. Now, unfortunately, I'm afraid we don outgrow him.

As for Solanke, I believe he'll do well with quality players around him.

He's fast
He's aerially dominant
His linkup is good
His physically imposing
Can take on his man

While Goal scoring has a hitch here but he's proven that with a quality coaching and settled team he can really Excel. Scored 29 efl goals and 19 epl goals shows the mark of someone who can excel when he's surrounded by quality(anyone who knows Iraola from la liga knows he's a very decent coach so it wasn't surprising for me seeing Solanke with his output this season). He's 26yrs of age also, so he fits well into our age criteria too.

For Nketiah, aside his poaching which I feel he's good at, he's limited in many other aspects

One thing I know about myself is that I don't look at stats (or goals) to see if a player is this or that. I mostly (keenly) watch attributes and skillset such a certain player can bring to this team with respect to what we as a team have cos I believe a good team can make a good player look great while a poor team can make a good player look bad. Also a good/great player might look out of place in a good team whose system doesn't fit such player (it's one key reason I won't pick Haaland or Auba in this team even though they're great players)

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 6:24pm On Jun 13
BlueRayDick:

Lol, Spy went extreme there Sha but I know he didn't mean it that way grin grin
He probably just want arsenal to do everything in their power to make sure he doesn't depart colney.

I know say na the news Sod drop ystdy fit trigger this reaction from spy cos I know most arsenal fans won't be happy if he left after all the hype and exploits he's been garnering
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 6:41pm On Jun 13
We'll need to equal the audacity of AS Roma vs Barca that year to be taken more seriously in UCL, especially this new format. Those guys saw that star studded team and did like it was Parma they were playing?

Meanwhile, our players at Euros. One of them should be on the winning team.

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:39pm On Jun 13
Jodera:
Underrated how??

I dunno if he'll be a late bloomer Sha but presently he's not looking like someone that will be our Cf. Nketiah needs to be sold.

He's not imposing enough
His link up isn't that great

In fact, to cut the long story short, he doesn't fit a title challenging team currently. I know I defended him as a good deputy when guys where clamoring that he should be sold but then that was because we were top 4 contenders. Now, unfortunately, I'm afraid we don outgrow him.

As for Solanke, I believe he'll do well with quality players around him.

He's fast
He's aerially dominant
His linkup is good
His physically imposing
Can take on his man

While Goal scoring has a hitch here but he's proven that with a quality coaching and settled team he can really Excel. Scored 29 efl goals and 19 epl goals shows the mark of someone who can excel when he's surrounded by quality(anyone who knows Iraola from la liga knows he's a very decent coach so it wasn't surprising for me seeing Solanke with his output this season). He's 26yrs of age also, so he fits well into our age criteria too.

For Nketiah, aside his poaching which I feel he's good at, he's limited in many other aspects

One thing I know about myself is that I don't look at stats (or goals) to see if a player is this or that. I mostly (keenly) watch attributes and skillset such a certain player can bring to this team with respect to what we as a team have cos I believe a good team can make a good player look great while a poor team can make a good player look bad. Also a good/great player might look out of place in a good team whose system doesn't fit such player (it's one key reason I won't pick Haaland or Auba in this team even though they're great players)

I am laughing at you thinking that Solanke is better than Nketiah. 😂

I won't argue. I am only going to pray that Nketiah leaves for another club perhaps replacing Solanke at Bournemouth so we can check something.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:40pm On Jun 13
BlueRayDick:

The point is to do all that's possible to tie him down. The emphasis here is that it won't be a waste especially as I did some calculations. Meaning that I don't mind whether he gets that amount even as a 17yo. Off course it will even be better if he will accept a lesser pay as long as he stays. Then even if we will eventually sell him, we won't lose at all.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 9:43pm On Jun 13
Jodera:

Yeah, I believe arsenal will try and hold the this Chido boy. If we're serious, we should definitely make a clear path for him into the squad.
And it's true with what you say about Most clubs buying potential big hits and young guys cos proven players unfortunately doesn't come cheap.

Let's just hope we'll get someone good for a Cf. Jesus would have sorted this problem if only he was less injury prone and more clinical than he is
I honestly do not consider Jesus as a striker. He is at best a support striker or attacking midfielder just like Havertz. The only true striker we have in that squad is Nketiah and the system doesn't favour him.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 9:47pm On Jun 13
Jodera o... Solanke really?

What is the difference between Solanke and Nketiah? Both are too 4 strikers at most. We don't just need anyhow striker but the one that can improve and raise the mentality level of the team. A game changer that can influence a game singlehandedly.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:46pm On Jun 13
Spy360:

I am laughing at you thinking that Solanke is better than Nketiah. 😂

I won't argue. I am only going to pray that Nketiah leaves for another club perhaps replacing Solanke at Bournemouth so we can check something.
Lol... I wish we fit do swap deal sef grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 10:48pm On Jun 13
Spy360:

I honestly do not consider Jesus as a striker. He is at best a support striker or attacking midfielder just like Havertz. The only true striker we have in that squad is Nketiah and the system doesn't favour him.

It's not because of true striker or false striker. It's because Nketiah is not that good. I'don't have confidence anytime the guy is starting

I dunno what you see in him sha but currently I think the best for all parties is for him to move on
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 10:51pm On Jun 13
Jodera:

It's not because of true striker or false striker. It's because Nketiah is not that good. I'don't have confidence anytime the guy is starting

I dunno what you see in him sha but currently I think the best for all parties is for him to move on
I know Nketiah is not the guy but Solanke isn’t much better than him
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:07pm On Jun 13
mostob:
Jode.ra o... Solanke really?

What is the difference between Solanke and Nketiah? Both are top 4 strikers at most. We don't just need anyhow striker but the one that can improve and raise the mentality level of the team. A game changer that can influence a game singlehandedly.

Lol, I have highlighted the difference between Solanke and Nketiah earlier. If there's any of the difference you feel is false, let me know

See ehn, Strikers hard for market. The worst part is that most of the Strikers we're being linked to (or most of us even want) and technically "one season wonders" too if we look am well. From Sesko, to Dovybk to Gyokeres. Aside Osimhen who isn't a one season wonder, which other Striker are in the market (and young) aside from those first three?

We need to make our own "striker" and what we need is someone who has the needed attributes and that's exactly what I listed earlier. Game changing and influence will come automatically with game time and confidence as long as the said player has the mentality.

I believe Solanke has Matured enough.

But then, it's my opinion tho
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 11:12pm On Jun 13
Shegzdave:

I know Nketiah is not the guy but Solanke isn’t much better than him
Lol... Issorait.

Personally, I go try watch am well next season
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Shegzdave: 11:16pm On Jun 13
Jodera:

Lol... Issorait.

Personally, I go try watch am well next season
Please do

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 7:33am On Jun 14
Jodera:

Lol, Spy went extreme there Sha but I know he didn't mean it that way grin grin
He probably just want arsenal to do everything in their power to make sure he doesn't depart colney.

I know say na the news Sod drop ystdy fit trigger this reaction from spy cos I know most arsenal fans won't be happy if he left after all the hype and exploits he's been garnering

Spy360:

The point is to do all that's possible to tie him down. The emphasis here is that it won't be a waste especially as I did some calculations. Meaning that I don't mind whether he gets that amount even as a 17yo. Off course it will even be better if he will accept a lesser pay as long as he stays. Then even if we will eventually sell him, we won't lose at all.

There’s nothing , absolutely nothing that warrants the club to to have sleepless night over keeping an amateur player that won’t turn 17 until later this year.

If the boy feels he wants to leave and not ready to take his chances on the bench while on an average salary like players in his age grade, then by all means he should leave .

I don’t buy into all these sentimental attachment to any academy graduate .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:33am On Jun 14
Jodera:

Lol, I have highlighted the difference between Solanke and Nketiah earlier. If there's any of the difference you feel is false, let me know

See ehn, Strikers hard for market. The worst part is that most of the Strikers we're being linked to (or most of us even want) and technically "one season wonders" too if we look am well. From Sesko, to Dovybk to Gyokeres. Aside Osimhen who isn't a one season wonder, which other Striker are in the market (and young) aside from those first three?

We need to make our own "striker" and what we need is someone who has the needed attributes and that's exactly what I listed earlier. Game changing and influence will come automatically with game time and confidence as long as the said player has the mentality.

I believe Solanke has Matured enough.

But then, it's my opinion tho
Your differences are spot on. What about experience? Experience matters a lot especially as he will be featuring for us in UCL. Solanke ain't different from Nketiah jare.

And yes, the striker market may be scanty but I trust Arteta and Edu to find a suitable one for us.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Jodera: 9:05am On Jun 14
mostob:
Your differences are spot on. What about experience? Experience matters a lot especially as he will be featuring for us in UCL. Solanke ain't different from Nketiah jare.

And yes, the striker market may be scanty but I trust Arteta and Edu to find a suitable one for us.
Lol, experience shouldn't be a problem na. This guy have been in top flight football for how many years now. It's not as if we're buying one greenhorn from Africa or far east Europe.

Anyways, let's just see wetin Arteta and Edu go get for us. Las Las, we fit no buy any Striker sef grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 9:58am On Jun 14
Window officially opens till August end

We don release 19players already. Omo!!!

Let's see who the 1st lucky incoming is going to be.

From EPL or outside EPL?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by BlueRayDick: 10:32am On Jun 14
daveP:
Window officially opens till August end

We don release 19players already. Omo!!!

Let's see who the 1st lucky incoming is going to be.

From EPL or outside EPL?

There is no regular in the released list. Only Elneny and Cedric (who are perennial bench warmers) are senior players included in the released list of 19 players.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by daveP(m): 12:29pm On Jun 14
BlueRayDick:

There is no regular in the released list. Only Elneny and Cedric (who are perennial bench warmers) are senior players included in the released list of 19 players.
sure i know. Still highest released so far sha
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 1:30pm On Jun 14
Jodera:
Lol, experience shouldn't be a problem na. This guy have been in top flight football for how many years now. It's not as if we're buying one greenhorn from Africa or far east Europe.

Anyways, let's just see wetin Arteta and Edu go get for us. Las Las, we fit no buy any Striker sef grin
Ok
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by germaphobe(m): 4:43pm On Jun 14
Heard Nelson told the club he's considering leaving
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 6:16pm On Jun 14
germaphobe:
Heard Nelson told the club he's considering leaving
Yea... Asking price is around 20m

1 Like

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:38pm On Jun 14
Jodera:

Recall we have had this discussion before when we compared Jesus and Nketiah. We both concluded that Nketiah has a better goal per games ratio than Jesus and evn't en Havertz. And that it's because he focuses more on scoring while the others who play as false strikers focus more on chance creation.

Nketiah is the record goal scorer in England at youth level. That includes every British top striker you know today. I saw his potentials. He is 24/25.

We can agree on the fact that Arteta's formation or tacticsal pattern only allows for a false striker who must drop deep. That does not favour Nketiah. If Arteta changes his pattern to allow a true striker, Nketiah will bench both Jesus and Havertz.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:44pm On Jun 14
BlueRayDick:

There’s nothing , absolutely nothing that warrants the club to to have sleepless night over keeping an amateur player that won’t turn 17 until later this year.

If the boy feels he wants to leave and not ready to take his chances on the bench while on an average salary like players in his age grade, then by all means he should leave .

I don’t buy into all these sentimental attachment to any academy graduate .
You will be right if you're not interested in making money.

It's not about him playing or not, it's about the demand for him. That's the point I made.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by Spy360(m): 6:46pm On Jun 14
Jodera:

I neto see the person that marketed Solanke to you. That person is a great marketer. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 by mostob(m): 8:57pm On Jun 14
A nice tourney for Havertz and we might as well say goodbye to another striker.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3545) (3546) (3547) (3548) (3549) (3550) (3551) ... (3685) (Reply)

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.