Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,707 members, 7,914,912 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 01:24 PM

Minimum Wage Committee Meeting Postponed Indefinitely - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minimum Wage Committee Meeting Postponed Indefinitely (16974 Views)

Labour Rejects ₦48,000, Walks Out Of Minimum Wage Committee Meeting / Lawmaker Throws Microphone At Keyamo During 774,000 Jobs Rowdy Committee Meeting / Governor El-Rufai Takes Selfie In Isolation, Attends COVID-19 Committee Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Minimum Wage Committee Meeting Postponed Indefinitely by EMXTAN1(m): 11:30am On May 29
countryman13:

I pray that your hope lead to testimony earnestly,amen. Just trust God n not man because there's nothing he can not do. I was once like U n God did it for me unexpectedly n unbelievably but it's REAL

Amen!! Thank you so much.. I pray you continue to grow and get more testimonies as well..
Re: Minimum Wage Committee Meeting Postponed Indefinitely by EMXTAN1(m): 11:32am On May 29
Eriokanmi:
It's well bro. That's the wish of every average hardworking but jobless Nigerian youth. Sadly, its about man-no-man. They don't even advertise government jobs anymore. You can see the way tinubu-led administration is sacking at the CBN presently. Don't think those sacked wouldn't be replaced with their own children and that of their friends. It's simply a vendetta mission they're on, not because they want to cut cost. They want to remove the hands of some perceived political enemies within the party, who produced those they sacked, including those emefiele brought in. They're simply playing opposition within same ruling party. I've never seen a thing like this nonsense before.

You'd be shocked that in the end, double the number of those sacked will be employed. After all, its a national cake. Chop make I chop levels.

If the government is truly serious about cutting cost, fighting corruption and creating jobs, believe me they know what to do and where to start from but they'd never do that. How can you create more ministeries in a distressed economy like Nigeria? Is that more important than appointing Nigerian envoys? What of the fat allowances paid to the NA members for saying hais and nays and passing useless bills like reversing the national anthem? The masses should just stop being deceived, even if na juju dey work on them make them pray to God for emancipation . They keep making same mistake again and again every 4 years and they keep suffering needlessly.

You've said it all bro..
Hopefully God comes through for us and Favour us in the midst of all these chaos
Re: Minimum Wage Committee Meeting Postponed Indefinitely by EMXTAN1(m): 11:34am On May 29
JONSYN7154:
What's your qualification?

I have a BA in History experienced in Pharmaceutical Sales and Programs Management in an Indigenous NGO in the health sector.
Re: Minimum Wage Committee Meeting Postponed Indefinitely by EMXTAN1(m): 11:35am On May 29
Polynek:

This comment touch me, i wish you well
Thank you so much..
God bless you for your kind words

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage Committee Meeting Postponed Indefinitely by mankan2k7(m): 1:38pm On May 29
Tell me the reason why thunder will not fire Tinupoo danu danu.

Your policies brought pains, death and agony to Nigerians yet FG is dragging her feet to increase the workers salary.
It is obvious they have orgasms when people suffer and are impoverished. Nigerians save thyself.
Re: Minimum Wage Committee Meeting Postponed Indefinitely by caracas: 2:03pm On May 29
KEVIND:
Labour should manage the one they see. I appreciate Tinubu for even taking it from 30K to 60K. If its Buhari govt he won't add more than 10K to the 30K. If you talk Buhari will creat a parallel labour union to weaken the body.
See them …..Suffering n smiling
If them check you now , you never eat since yesterday…. BATeria slaves every where
Re: Minimum Wage Committee Meeting Postponed Indefinitely by heysquare(m): 2:16pm On May 29
Segxydube:

Oga shut up.... Its not compulsory private companies pay the same minimum wage as the govt... They can pay something close but not the same.

The 30k minimum wage, not all state govt pays it so use ur brain.
You lack manners and have no knowledge of what they call minimum wage. Your reaction showed how frustrated you're and where you come from! Attacking people has become a regular trade marks
Re: Minimum Wage Committee Meeting Postponed Indefinitely by caracas: 2:17pm On May 29
bixton:

Insulting the President will not solve the issue. If Peter Obi was elected there will still not be any increment in salary at least we can see how much he paid during his time as governor of Anambra State when compared to other States.
One major factor of any good economy which is foundational knowledge is that you have value for money.and Nigeria lost that literally the last 20 years if you compare us to those nations in Europe we like to compare ourselves with whenever we talk about increase in petrol and electricity.
You can only say this jargons here online, if dem born you well try to say even half of this trash you posted in a public space n see wether you won’t meet your ancestors in few seconds
Re: Minimum Wage Committee Meeting Postponed Indefinitely by JONSYN7154: 2:38pm On May 29
EMXTAN1:

I have a BA in History experienced in Pharmaceutical Sales and Programs Management in an Indigenous NGO in the health sector.
let me have your phone details.
Re: Minimum Wage Committee Meeting Postponed Indefinitely by EMXTAN1(m): 4:09pm On May 29
JONSYN7154:
let me have your phone details.

Alright.
Thank you so much!
Re: Minimum Wage Committee Meeting Postponed Indefinitely by Inosky: 4:59pm On May 29
Strike is the option, ground all government offices let the world know that we don't actually have a country. Tinupooo thinks every Nigerian is agbado, praise singers
Re: Minimum Wage Committee Meeting Postponed Indefinitely by telleyway: 8:19pm On May 29
Doyin2:

That’s not how to run an economy.

So what happens when prices go down?

An employer pays salary based on capacity and capability to pay .This stupid And unnecessary NLC comedy,was never envisioned by the minimum wage law.

How many eligible private companies have the capacity and capability of a 200% jump in their wage bill??

This is the most pathetic and unidirectional comment I have heard in recent times. You are probably not a bread winner or without any responsibility at all to have reasoned this way.
You talked about private owned businesses, don't they reduced both quality and quantity of their products? Don't they increased the prices astronomically? Then you want their workers to go home on empty stomach?
You asked what happened when things get better then I asked you, today marks one year that fuel subsidy was removed, exchange rate was tempered with. Did you see any sign that dollar will be stable at a good rate and fuel at economic friendly rate?

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage Committee Meeting Postponed Indefinitely by Thomthom(m): 9:19pm On May 29
peteofi:
The FG and State Govt is being unreasonable to workers. Fuel is between N850 to N1200 now, transport costs has skyrocketed, and they are worried about inflation caused by wage increase? When the inflation is already biting us hard?
I tell you even the ones that went to media to announce are not paying.. they are all the same

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos: Funsho Doherty Dumps ADC, Defects To PDP / TA Orji Remains One Of The Worst Governors Nigeria Ever Produced – Tony Ukasanya / Buhari Restates His Commitment To Campaigning For Tinubu, Other APC Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.