Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,202 members, 7,887,526 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 10:07 AM

It’s Almost 20 Years And Nigeria Haven’t Done A Census - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It’s Almost 20 Years And Nigeria Haven’t Done A Census (176 Views)

Reasons President Muhammadu Buhari Is In A Tearing Hurry To Conduct A Census In / Transport Fare From Lagos To Benin City Is Almost 20,000 Naira And Nobody isTal / I Have Lived In South Africa For Almost 20 Years. Hear Is My Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It’s Almost 20 Years And Nigeria Haven’t Done A Census by horsepower102: 4:35pm On Jun 06
So are Nigerians so nonchalant and relaxed that in 2 decades, their country haven’t conducted a census.

Do you know how many problems just knowing the number and demographic of your citizens can solve.

What type of country is this? Are we even a country or just a geographical expression?

Why do people always accept statistics that is not grounded on raw data?

2016 was when the last census was supposed to be done and the new sheriff in town ignored it.

Nigerians you are doing yourself. This fakeness and lack of doing fundamental things that a country is supposed to do will perpetually backfire.

3 Likes

Re: It’s Almost 20 Years And Nigeria Haven’t Done A Census by KenghisKhan(m): 5:10pm On Jun 06
Maybe they will conduct it in 2026. I don't know what we really priortise in this country.

1 Like

Re: It’s Almost 20 Years And Nigeria Haven’t Done A Census by alphaNomega: 5:24pm On Jun 06
lol. we are still living on vibes and "we have 200 million population"

Nigeria is around the 100 million mark and lower, politicians influence those figures as a selling point to the international community.

1 Like

Re: It’s Almost 20 Years And Nigeria Haven’t Done A Census by Beautifulday: 6:23pm On Jun 06
This is crazy. How then are budget calculated?
Re: It’s Almost 20 Years And Nigeria Haven’t Done A Census by horsepower102: 10:09pm On Jun 06
Beautifulday:
This is crazy. How then are budget calculated?

It’s fraudulent
Re: It’s Almost 20 Years And Nigeria Haven’t Done A Census by Beautifulday: 10:12pm On Jun 06
horsepower102:

It’s fraudulent

So they are inflating the budget with assumed fraudulent population?
Re: It’s Almost 20 Years And Nigeria Haven’t Done A Census by pongwa(m): 10:13pm On Jun 06
horsepower102:
So are Nigerians so nonchalant and relaxed that in 2 decades, their country haven’t conducted a census.

Do you know how many problems just knowing the number and demographic of your citizens can solve.

What type of country is this? Are we even a country or just a geographical expression?

Why do people always accept statistics that is not grounded on raw data?

2016 was when the last census was supposed to be done and the new sheriff in town ignored it.

Nigerians you are doing yourself. This fakeness and lack of doing fundamental things that a country is supposed to do will perpetually backfire.
political reasons.
They don't want to be transparent about the budget.
Re: It’s Almost 20 Years And Nigeria Haven’t Done A Census by christejames(m): 10:13pm On Jun 06
And they keep budgeting for it every year shocked

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Minimum Wage: I Can’t Pay My Four Drivers N100,000 Per Month – SGF Akume / Nigerians In Refugee Camps In Mali Niger & Libya / Democracy Day: My Candid Suggestions To President Bola Ahmed Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.