Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,181 members, 7,887,424 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:44 AM

Lagos Indigenes In North America Support Regional System Of Govt - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Indigenes In North America Support Regional System Of Govt (12930 Views)

Return To Regionalism: We Won’t Be Part Of Western Region – Lagos Indigenes / UK Warship Arrives In Nigeria To Support Regional Maritime Security / No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Indigenes In North America Support Regional System Of Govt by UncleAyo: 7:42am On Jun 07
You said "Lagos State happens to be unlucky or unfortunate to be found in Yoruba axis"? (This statement is highly infuriating.)

You people are primitive and lack common sense with no iota of civility (totally unscrupulous). You say stuffs thinking other are as unintelligent as your group are.

Your covetousness and greed for Lagos and envy against the Yoruba are already noted. I would be worried if your hatred is only towards the Yorubas alone, but your group are known all over the world.

History has not favor your group. Your leaders have no foresight to develop your region; even you the youths we are begging today not to destroy your region have no foresight to understand that actions have consequence, and that the consequence of allowing IPOB terrorist in your region is that you will not have a viable city, investments and business thriving in your region.

Are your young people and leaders not fleeing your region everyday, rushing to live in the same Yoruba land that you continually berate? You should be ashamed of yourself.

You're only destroying any future opportunities that may be remaining for your group in Yorubaland.

The Thai Police in the video below said it all. Jump and start playing the videos from 4:55:00 to better understand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dASnWhwzL-Y

I dislike to make a comment like this but I just have to do it....
ArcSEMPECJ:
Lagos State is a no man's land, because I can't see how TINUBU who is an Osun state man by birth can come to Lagos State and colonise the whole place as if he is a white man against the slaves of Yoruba land.....

Moreso, why did we have an IGBO man as a one time Governor of Lagos State?

And again , why are Lagos Indigenes sidelined in the affairs of Lagos State, which makes the inscription that Lagos is a no man's land really true....

I can only say that Lagos State happens to be unlucky or unfortunate to be found in Yoruba axis but was left to grow by different people....

Because when one goes to Ekiti, Osun, KWARA , Ondo, Ogun State, even some parts of OYO state, one will see the true definition of how Yoruba land and settlement patterns are compared to what is seen in Lagos state....

Inshort the historical background of Yoruba people and the maintenance of the culture can't be found solely in Lagos State.....but in Ekiti , Osun etc

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Indigenes In North America Support Regional System Of Govt by raskymonojendor: 7:44am On Jun 07
SonofLagos:
😂😂😂 you just like setting yourself up for insult…nwanne your region is the least developed region in the south and you contribute the least in revenue to FG..aside Lagos just to be fair to you lots, Sw is still miles ahead of your shitty region😂😂
Their region is very unsafe as well sotey dem begin dey flee grin

They dislike the Yorubas so much, but they have no choice than to also flee to the same Yoruba lands for safety.

Sanwo Olu just made an Urhobo man deputy chief of staff. Lagos indigenes flooded the comment section to thank him for not appointing an Ibo man 🤣

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Indigenes In North America Support Regional System Of Govt by Ikpunekenwa(m): 7:44am On Jun 07
SonofLagos:
😂😂😂 you just like setting yourself up for insult…nwanne your region is the least developed region in the south and you contribute the least in revenue to FG..aside Lagos just to be fair to you lots, Sw is still miles ahead of your shitty region😂😂

What have you contributed to the unbarren land, stop disgracing yourself.

Na simple question or are you a parasite?
Re: Lagos Indigenes In North America Support Regional System Of Govt by Ikpunekenwa(m): 7:46am On Jun 07
SonofLagos:
grin tell me the name of my village nwanne? Since you know so much about me cool my village is in Lagos Island incase you so interested to get to know me grin Son of Lagos incase you missed it. I’m not a shameless ibo from a cursed barren land who always deny there heritage and always covetous of another man’s land grin you tried it with your cousins in porthacourt and they called your bluff, now you think you can have Lagos? I thought Igbos claimed to be wise and intelligent, instead of you to develop your land and have your own Lagos, you want to take another man’s sweat😂 ever wondered why we still use state of origin? Our forefathers saw the future and they new you lots have always been covetous and greedy of other peoples land, that’s why you will never be trusted with power…bitter and hateful pigs🤣🤣🤣

Your desperation is setting in, I will frustrate you until you have stroke, show us one thing you've contributed to your lagos state, I just showed you the small I do.
Re: Lagos Indigenes In North America Support Regional System Of Govt by SonofLagos: 7:50am On Jun 07
Ikpunekenwa:

Your desperation is setting in, I will frustrate you until you have stroke, show us one thing you've contributed to your lagos state, I just showed you the small I do.
what do migrants from your cursed alaibo contribute, if not crime nwanne? We have called your bluff severally and asked you to return home, but you so much love your chain, that’s why your slave masters, the Yorubas wipe your head with koboko anytime the feel like with there policies and all you cry of is victimisation😂😂 and yet you still love to suffer than return to alaibo because we know, your existence or survival in tied to your Yoruba masters😂

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Indigenes In North America Support Regional System Of Govt by SonofLagos: 7:54am On Jun 07
raskymonojendor:

Their region is very unsafe as well sotey dem begin dey flee grin

They dislike the Yorubas so much, but they have no choice than to also flee to the same Yoruba lands for safety.

Sanwo Olu just made an Urhobo man deputy chief of staff. Lagos indigenes flooded the comment section to thank him for not appointing an Ibo man 🤣
don’t mind the fool, then born them well make them return home? They will rather die in obodo ragos than return to a barren land😂 we will continue to cut them to size in Lagos, no political appointments for them again in Lagos. Let them cry victimisation😂😂

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Indigenes In North America Support Regional System Of Govt by ArinzeAnthony03: 8:06am On Jun 07
I think Igbo people should let Yoruba breath. What is this nonsense for, all the time you guys are saying this or that about Lagos. Is Lagos part of Igbo land?

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Indigenes In North America Support Regional System Of Govt by Eriokanmi: 8:06am On Jun 07
SpiritedCheer:

You guys talk about insecurity as if it is an isolated problem. Insecurity is a symptom of economic hardship. The whole problem is due to lack of economic opportunities. Economic opportunities creates well-being, which brings peace and security, enhances quality of life, and breeds happiness and contentment.
But you guys think Government can figh symptoms of bad government, instead of focusing on job creation, increasing industrial activities, boosting food production, and improving social services. If you only treat symptoms, the disease will kill you. As a nation, Nigeria is almost dead.
Who caused the symptoms, civilians?

You and I know them so, vote them out
Re: Lagos Indigenes In North America Support Regional System Of Govt by KosiGee(m): 8:35am On Jun 07
ArinzeAnthony03:
I think Igbo people should let Yoruba breath. What is this nonsense for, all the time you guys are saying this or that about Lagos. Is Lagos part of Igbo land?

Which Igbo man is overbearing or not allowing Lagos and Yoruba people to breath??
Name him.

The report is about Lagos indigenes in North America referencing Jaja Nwachukwu about a certain speech/opinion between 1948-1952. Were you born around this period? Was your dad born around this period?

Have you not read or watched videos of same Lagos indigenes lamenting and criticising other Yoruba politicians about their roles and politics in Lagos state?

Why must be it Igbo people all the time? Can’t you see that they are playing a cowardly and mischievous game to distract gullible people?…..and they are always online to to shift the goal post, are you not seeing that?

Pls which Igbo man is not allowing them to breathe?
Re: Lagos Indigenes In North America Support Regional System Of Govt by drlateef: 8:59am On Jun 07
Wahabfuture:

Who is going to believe this useless propaganda grin grin, Lagosians has told you to count them out of your south west region, a word is enough for a wise

Please shut up! You annoy me this early morning. I am a full blood Lagosian and yoruba. We are Yoruba and we go anywhere Yorubas go.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Indigenes In North America Support Regional System Of Govt by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 9:12am On Jun 07
SonofLagos:
😂😂😂 illiterate petty ibo trader. The fool doesn’t even know the difference between military rule and democracy rule. So I guess the ibo man went through the election process and was voted by Lagosian😂😂….the same way a yorubaman was once military administrator of a State in sad yeast was the same way an ibo was appointed and not elected….when they say go to school, Una go talk say school na scam, now see how you are disgracing your ancestors. So I guess the Oba of Lagos too was once ibo or the title of oba, is also an ibo title? You cursed region has just 5plot of land but you lot ain’t contented with that, but your covetousness and greed for Lagos Yorubaland will continue to make you lot miserable and frustrated….proudly Lagos Yoruba boy, nwanne pls be proud of that cursed region you came from, Lagos is solely yorubaland and so shall it be till the end of time. Shameless lots😂😂😂

You just open your mouth Cho Cho Cho , speaking gibberish.....

Comprehension happens to be far from your reasoning....lols
Re: Lagos Indigenes In North America Support Regional System Of Govt by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 9:22am On Jun 07
UncleAyo:
You said "Lagos State happens to be unlucky or unfortunate to be found in Yoruba axis"? (This statement is highly infuriating.)

You people are primitive and lack common sense with no iota of civility (total unscrupulous). You say stuffs thinking other are as unintelligent as your group are.

Your covetousness and greed for Lagos and envy against the Yoruba are already noted. I would be worried if your hatred is only towards the Yorubas alone, but your group are known all over the world.

History has not favor your group. Your leaders have no foresight to develop your region; even you the youths we are begging today not to destroy your region have no foresight to understand that actions have consequence, and that the consequence of allowing IPOB terrorist in your region is that you will not have a viable city, investments and business thriving in your region.

Are your young people and leaders not fleeing your region everyday, rushing to live in the same Yoruba land that you continually berate? You should be ashamed of yourself.

You're only destroying any future opportunities that may be remaining for your group in Yorubaland.

The Thai Police in the video below said it all. Jump and start playing the videos from 4:55:00 to better understand.

From all I said, you were so pained that you resorted to insults that you claim Igbos are known for against other tribes...

And that has downgraded your comment, what I said if you are good in analysis, you will know I made a known fact...

If you have visited Ekiti, Osun, Ondo, KWARA ,Ogun (that is even close to Lagos).....you will come to ask yourself why is Lagos State this developed but all these Towns in South West are still backward...

And my confusion is that you equally refused to acknowledge the fact that Lagos State was allowed to grow by the help of other tribes in Nigeria....

Understand my contentions and know where to lay your bases of arguments , that's why you refuted to anger and hatred with insults than saying something meaningful....lols

Sorry, I couldn't read what you wrote anyway....try and be guided next time ....
Re: Lagos Indigenes In North America Support Regional System Of Govt by opamoses1: 9:24am On Jun 07
drlateef:

Please shut up! You annoy me this early morning. I am a full blood Lagosian and yoruba. We are Yoruba and we go anywhere Yorubas go.
Don't mind him. Brothers have issues they are resolving, an outsider want to dey chook mouth. The Yorubas either Awori, ife, Ilesha, Ijebu, Ekiti, Ondo, Ibadan e.t.c all have a common enemy and that enemy tribe knows themselve. I like how the Lagosians in North America called them out. They were the only tribe they called out in all the Nigerian tribes grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Indigenes In North America Support Regional System Of Govt by Konquest: 11:50am On Jun 07
MightySparrow:

Nothing will happen. I have been living in Lagos for more than four decades, I have never seen any meaningful things being claimed by any Indigenes' of Lagos. Where are they? Who dem be? Politically, there are not there.

Jakande from Kwara
Tinubu from Osun
Fashola from Ekiti
Ambode from Lagos?
Sanwo - Olu from Ogun?

These clowns are just joking.
Tinubu is the landlord of Lagos.
Bode George that threatened relocation if Tinubu wọn election is still there in Lagos.grin
You are largely correct here, but Governor Sanwo-Olu father's is from the Ijebu part of Ogun State but that shouldn't matter because Ijebus are ALSO indigenous to Lagos State with a little over half of Lagos State's landmass being Ijebuland (Ajah, Ibeju-Lekki, Ikorodu and Epe LGAs are Ijebuland extending to Ogun State as seen on maps) and Sanwo-Olu's maternal roots is originally from Lagos State. President Bola Tinubu was born on Lagos Island just like Alhaji Abdulaleef Jakande, so he being an adopted son of the international business woman and former Iya Oloja General of Lagos, Alhaja Abibatu Mogaji is overqualified to have been the Governor of Lagos State. Akinwunmi Ambode is paternally from Ilajeland in Ondo State but more on that later.

Second, Alhaji Abdulaleef Jakande's parents are ORIGINALLY from the Yoruba town of Omu Aran in Kwara State but he was born on Lagos Island. The indigenous folks of Lagos Island loved him and the icing on the cake was when the London School of Economics and Political Science-trained lawyer, Chief Jeremiah Obafemi Awolowo, GCFR, SAN, and iconic national leader of the Unity Party of Nigeria lifted Jakande's hand to endorse him and Alhaji Jafojo a Lagos State indigene as the Lagos State Governor and Deputy-Governor candidates in the lead up to the 1979 elections which they both won with a landslide victory.

Third, Former Governor Akinyanmi Ambode's career teacher/academic father is originally a Prince from a Royal family in Ilajeland of Ondo State but he was transferred in the days of the Old Western Region to Epe as a teacher. Epe was also part of the Old Western Region before May 27, 1967. It was in Epe that the brilliant Akinwunmi Ambode was born. He even wrote Ondo State as his state of origin on his JAMB form in 1981 and there are threads posted on NL showing this fact of history. When Akinwunmi Ambode's father passed on, his remains were returned to Ilajeland because he is an Omo Oba or Prince of his Yoruba kingdom in Ilajeland.

I believe that henceforth, all political parties must field Ijebus, Aworis, and Ogus who are indigenes of Lagos State as Gubernatorial candidates although these 3 subgroups are also indigenous to Ogun State because it is MAJORLY the ancestral homelands of the Ijebus and Aworis that were carved out of the Western Region on May 27, 1967 to create the new Lagos State by General Yakubu Gowon's military goverment after due consultations with the traditional rulers and indigenes, although there were protests by the new Governor of the newly created Western State and other prominent folks that the major industrial areas and lands of the Old Western Region that brought in massive revenue for the Western Region such as Apapa, Iganmu, Ilupeju and Ikeja, etc, had being carved out to form the new Lagos State.

Any Yoruba technocrat or politician from other Yoruba-speaking states (from Kogi, Kwara, Osun, Oyo, Ondo, Ekiti, Ogun, and Edo because Usen and Egbeta are indigenous Yoruba communities in Edo from Ile Ife which they proudly haven't denied) who was born in Lagos State and has lived there since childhood can then become a Deputy-Governor of Lagos State under any party. It's only fair that that is done to give the indigenes a sense of belonging.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Indigenes In North America Support Regional System Of Govt by amaridigital(m): 11:58am On Jun 07
athaboi:
Lol 🤣
Yoruba people have been rattled since they said Lagos is not part of yoruba land! They have been trying to use media to counter it and validate it! Does it really mean south West can't survive without the economy of Lagos? Are they scared of standing alone??

All the political leaders and top hierarchy in Lagos civil service are Yoruba. All the kings are Yoruba. Most Government documents are in Yoruba. You must have credit in Yoruba language in WAEC before you can study in any educational institution owned by Lagos state. The Lagos Assembly set aside one day each week when only Yoruba language is spoken
You've done this in south Africa and the citizens their rejoiced when you are butchered like cow. You have done this in Thailand where the locals are happy to send you guys to jail. Please continue to do this until all your markets and properties are destroyed in Lagos and you return back to your God forsaken erosion ridden dot nation in "ibo must go" bags. Continue!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Indigenes In North America Support Regional System Of Govt by Ategberoson(m): 12:22pm On Jun 07
dominic17:
Attache by force, why don't you allow Lagos indigens to decide for themselves, Lagos indigens in the sun do not represent Lagos indigens. is it to that you guys can not survive without Lagos?

Na only Igbo no fit survive without southwest, Lagos is not feeding anyone in west, even south south that her resources is been use in part of Lagos development and other region development aren't having this impression

You Iggbo need to start making use of your common sense, that's if you've one anyway

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Indigenes In North America Support Regional System Of Govt by athaboi(f): 12:46pm On Jun 07
amaridigital:

All the political leaders and top hierarchy in Lagos civil service are Yoruba. All the kings are Yoruba. Most Government documents are in Yoruba. You must have credit in Yoruba language in WAEC before you can study in any educational institution owned by Lagos state. The Lagos Assembly set aside one day each week when only Yoruba language is spoken
You've done this in south Africa and the citizens their rejoiced when you are butchered like cow. You have done this in Thailand where the locals are happy to send you guys to jail. Please continue to do this until all your markets and properties are destroyed in Lagos and you return back to your God forsaken erosion ridden dot nation in "ibo must go" bags. Continue!
that you devilishly conquered a place doesn't mean that they don't have origin! They are beginning to wake up and they will collect their place back
Re: Lagos Indigenes In North America Support Regional System Of Govt by Konquest: 12:47pm On Jun 07
UncleAyo:

You people are primitive and lack common sense with no iota of civility (total unscrupulous). You say stuffs thinking other are as unintelligent as your group are.

Your response to that guy's highly irresponsible and overbearing comment is in order. He doesn't even know the history of how Lagos State came to be on May 27, 1967 and how more than 95 percent of today's Lagos State landmass was located in the Old Western Region. Even some younger Yorubas don't read functional books to know these facts of history but are usually glad though to hear or read them when told offline or online by those of us who know these facts. Things get said when they should be said. There's absolutely NO need to be politically correct about that.

What the highly ignorant creep you replied to doesn't realize is that the Ikeja, Iganmu, Ikorodu, Epe, Ibeju-Lekki Badagry, Ojo, Mushin, Agege LGAs... practically more than 95 percent of the TOTAL landmass of today's Lagos State (which only came into existence on May 27, 1967, as an act of state creation by General Yakubu Gowon's military goverment) were all developed under the Western Region government of the Action Group Party led by the iconic London School of Economics and Political Science-trained lawyer, Chief Jeremiah Obafemi Awolowo, GCFR, SAN, and his party associates. Awolowo established several Industrial Estates in areas in the Western Region which served as major manufacturing and export hubs for that region through Apapa port. The Western House on Lagos Island and Cocoa House in Ibadan skyscrapers, the first of their kind in Nigeria were also built as part of the Old Western Region's real estates. This is why when Lagos State was created, there was a protest by the government of the new Western State (it was also carved out like Lagos State from the Old Western Region on May 27, 1967) that all the major industrial hubs and lands of the Old Western Region that brought in massive revenue for the Western Region in Ikeja, Apapa, Iganmu, Ilupeju, Mushin had been carved out into the newly created Lagos State.

It was these 12 newly created states that the secessionist rebel leader rejected and he declared secession on May 30, 1967 without even conducting a referendum. This is why the minorities of the Old Eastern Region fiercely rejected the secession and many joined the Nigerian Army to resist the secessionist rebels because they were satisfied with the 2 newly created states for them which are now the 4 states of Rivers, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, and Cross River. Chief Harold Dappa-Biriye of Bonny Island and Dr. Ken Saro-Wiwa of Ogoniland in several of their books and interviews that I have read since the early 1990s said they were the ones who led the ethnic minorities to several meetings from 1966 to 1967 with General Yakubu Gowon urging the creation of states to assuage the marginalization of the minorities. Gowon's military goverment did just that on May 27, 1967, so they were happy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Indigenes In North America Support Regional System Of Govt by MightySparrow: 1:25pm On Jun 07
Konquest:

You are largely correct here, but Governor Sanwo-Olu father's is from the Ijebu part of Ogun State but that shouldn't matter because Ijebus are ALSO indigenous to Lagos State with a little over half of Lagos State's landmass being Ijebuland (Ajah, Ibeju-Lekki, Ikorodu and Epe LGAs are Ijebuland extending to Ogun State as seen on maps) and Sanwo-Olu's maternal roots is originally from Lagos State. President Bola Tinubu was born on Lagos Island just like Alhaji Abdulaleef Jakande, so he being an adopted son of the international business woman and former Iya Oloja General of Lagos, Alhaja Abibatu Mogaji is overqualified to have been the Governor of Lagos State. Akinwunmi Ambode is paternally from Ilajeland in Ondo State but more on that later.

Second, Alhaji Abdulaleef Jakande's parents are ORIGINALLY from the Yoruba town of Omu Aran in Kwara State but he was born on Lagos Island. The indigenous folks of Lagos Island loved him and the icing on the cake was when the London School of Economics and Political Science-trained lawyer, Chief Jeremiah Obafemi Awolowo, GCFR, SAN, and iconic national leader of the Unity Party of Nigeria lifted Jakande's hand to endorse him and Alhaji Jafojo a Lagos State indigene as the Lagos State Governor and Deputy-Governor candidates in the lead up to the 1979 elections which they both won with a landslide victory.

Third, Former Governor Akinyanmi Ambode's career teacher/academic father is originally a Prince from a Royal family in Ilajeland of Ondo State but he was transferred in the days of the Old Western Region to Epe as a teacher. Epe was also part of the Old Western Region before May 27, 1967. It was in Epe that the brilliant Akinwunmi Ambode was born. He even wrote Ondo State as his state of origin on his JAMB form in 1981 and there are threads posted on NL showing this fact of history. When Akinwunmi Ambode's father passed on, his remains were returned to Ilajeland because he is an Omo Oba or Prince of his Yoruba kingdom in Ilajeland.

I believe that henceforth, all political parties must field Ijebus, Aworis, and Ogus who are indigenes of Lagos State as Gubernatorial candidates although these 3 subgroups are also indigenous to Ogun State because it is MAJORLY the ancestral homelands of the Ijebus and Aworis that were carved out of the Western Region on May 27, 1967 to create the new Lagos State by General Yakubu Gowon's military goverment after due consultations with the traditional rulers and indigenes, although there were protests by the new Governor of the newly created Western State and other prominent folks that the major industrial areas and lands of the Old Western Region that brought in massive revenue for the Western Region such as Apapa, Iganmu, Ilupeju and Ikeja, etc, had being carved out to form the new Lagos State.

Any Yoruba technocrat or politician from other Yoruba-speaking states (from Kogi, Kwara, Osun, Oyo, Ondo, Ekiti, Ogun, and Edo because Usen and Egbeta are indigenous Yoruba communities in Edo from Ile Ife which they proudly haven't denied) who was born in Lagos State and has lived there since childhood can then become a Deputy-Governor of Lagos State under any party. It's only fair that that is done to give the indigenes a sense of belonging.

You get it my brother. I didn't even know this analysis. From the earliest times by Providence, people like Herbert Macaulay, Henry Karr etc started politics in Lagos. These were returnees from abroad following abolishment of slave trade. Many people have contributed to Lagos. There was a Josiah Doherty from my place in Ekiti. He became one of the most successful businessmen of his time. He was one of the three people that founded the defunct National Bank of Nigeria. People like that developed Lagos. Igbos, ikwerre, Birom, Benis... All sharpened Lagos.. where will these people go after many decades or even centuries of existence?

Where and what are the contributions of the aborigines better than others?

Besides, we are talking of regional integration, suggested and piloted by Tinubu. He tested this when he was choosing Aregbesola from Osun, Dele Alake from Ekiti, Ambode from Ogun, Ben Akabueze from Igbo land etc. We are talking about development here. If Nigerians, Ghanaians, Kenyans are now contributing to the development of host communities, at various political levels, in Europe and America, why will anybody think here in Nigeria that his contribution is being an indigene? Politics is all about influence. These indigenes should come out and put their cards on the table. No one will look for any Indigenes to field in any party. Mind you, politics carries with it a measure of greed and selflessness. It means self expression, and involves neutralizing oppositions when feasible and necessary.

My take is this: let the indigenes wake up and participate actively not to be doing nonsensical ọmọ onílè all around Lagos.

I tell you the truth, if there is going to be referendum today, are they going to call ọmọ onílè alone for it? I don't think so, all of us will participate. What percentage is this aborigines? It is like the Latin Americans in the USA. They should just wake up and be relevant politically.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Indigenes In North America Support Regional System Of Govt by Konquest: 1:32pm On Jun 07
raskymonojendor:

But did the report lie about Jaja Nwachukwu and the eastern deligates?

That simply tells you that no matter what difference the Yorubas have in between themselves, they still have a common enemy which is the Ibos.

Succinctly stated.

You did very well to bring up that screenshot of the Eastern Region politicians I 1950 and 1953 who were referring to Lagos Island (NOT Lagos State) as a no-man's-land. But today, you'll see some of them who are very narcissistic taunting the entire Lagos State as a no-man's-land because they don't even know their history how much more the history of others.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Indigenes In North America Support Regional System Of Govt by dominic17: 2:13pm On Jun 07
Then leave the indigens to decide where they belong to,why wailing ? Okay, I understand without Lagos SW is the most backward region
Ategberoson:

Na only Igbo no fit survive without southwest, Lagos is not feeding anyone in west, even south south that her resources is been use in part of Lagos development and other region development aren't having this impression

You Iggbo need to start making use of your common sense, that's if you've one anyway
Re: Lagos Indigenes In North America Support Regional System Of Govt by SonofLagos: 2:59pm On Jun 07
KosiGee:

Which Igbo man is overbearing or not allowing Lagos and Yoruba people to breath??
Name him.

The report is about Lagos indigenes in North America referencing Jaja Nwachukwu about a certain speech/opinion between 1948-1952. Were you born around this period? Was your dad born around this period?

Have you not read or watched videos of same Lagos indigenes lamenting and criticising other Yoruba politicians about their roles and politics in Lagos state?

Why must be it Igbo people all the time? Can’t you see that they are playing a cowardly and mischievous game to distract gullible people?…..and they are always online to to shift the goal post, are you not seeing that?

shut up hypocrite, you can’t see how your shameless blodas have been everywhere jubilating over a news that can never come to pass….any news about Lagos and Yorubas will automatically give them an erection😂 you can deny it all you want but the guy you quoted is very right and sensible, keep playing the ostrich. We already know you lots lack shame that’s why no one takes you seriously anymore.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Indigenes In North America Support Regional System Of Govt by SonofLagos: 3:04pm On Jun 07
ArcSEMPECJ:

You just open your mouth Cho Cho Cho , speaking gibberish.....

Comprehension happens to be far from your reasoning....lols
I know your ego has been bruised grin after bursting your lies nwachukwu….instead of you to counter the Fact I just put on the table, but I guess you have nothing sensible to say about that. You should get yourself some education because I can see you lack education. You don’t even know the difference between military rule and a democratic rule, that why you can come online to disgrace your linage on the internet….shame is really far from you😂🤣😂

1 Like

Re: Lagos Indigenes In North America Support Regional System Of Govt by Konquest: 3:11pm On Jun 07
MightySparrow:

You get it my brother. I didn't even know this analysis. From the earliest times by Providence, people like Herbert Macaulay, Henry Karr etc started politics in Lagos. These were returnees from abroad following abolishment of slave trade. Many people have contributed to Lagos. There was a Josiah Doherty from my place in Ekiti. He became one of the most successful businessmen of his time. He was one of the three people that founded the defunct National Bank of Nigeria. People like that developed Lagos. Igbos, ikwerre, Birom, Benis... All sharpened Lagos.. where will these people go after many decades or even centuries of existence?

Where and what are the contributions of the aborigines better than others?

Besides, we are talking of regional integration, suggested and piloted by Tinubu. He tested this when he was choosing Aregbesola from Osun, Dele Alake from Ekiti, Ambode from Ogun, Ben Akabueze from Igbo land etc. We are talking about development here. If Nigerians, Ghanaians, Kenyans are now contributing to the development of host communities, at various political levels, in Europe and America, why will anybody think here in Nigeria that his contribution is being an indigene? Politics is all about influence. These indigenes should come out and put their cards on the table. No one will look for any Indigenes to field in any party. Mind you, politics carries with it a measure of greed and selflessness. It means self expression, and involves neutralizing oppositions when feasible and necessary.

My take is this: let the indigenes wake up and participate actively not to be doing nonsensical ọmọ onílè all around Lagos.

I tell you the truth, if there is going to be referendum today, are they going to call ọmọ onílè alone for it? I don't think so, all of us will participate. What percentage is this aborigines? It is like the Latin Americans in the USA. They should just wake up and be relevant politically.
Succinctly stated.

You have a bird's eye view of the whole situation.

Herbert Macaulay was born in Broad Street, Lagos Island on 14th November, 1864 to the family of Thomas Babington Macaulay and Abigail Crowther (One of the Anglican Bishop Samuel Ajayi Crowther's daughters. Ajayi Crowther's father from Osogun now in Oyo State and his mother was from the Yoruba Kingdom of Ketu now in Benin Republic). Herbert Macaulay's parents were children of people captured from what is now Yorubaland in Nigeria, resettled in Sierra Leone by the British West Africa Navy Squadron, and eventually returned to present day Lagos Island in Nigeria.

Ah! The fact that Josiah Doherty was originally of Ekiti (maternal) descent is very interesting. I never knew that. I do know though that the "Ekiti Parapo" organization was formed on Lagos Island in the late 1800s due to the fallouts of the Kiriji War episode. Lagos Island from the population census already had a significant number of Ekitis and other Yoruba subgroups living and trading there in the 1800s.

Since the 1980s, I've read a lot of advanced history books and archival materials about the formerly enslaved Yoruba returnees from Brazil, Cuba, Sierra Leone (The very wealthy Labulo Davies was born in Sierra Leone of Yoruba parentage, served with the British Navy and got married at a Royal wedding attended by Queen Victoria in England to his first wife, a Yoruba Princess called Aina from the Egbado area now in Ogun State who was taken to England from Whydah by a British Captain and Queen Victoria adopted her. He also pioneered commercial cocoa farming in Yorubaland), United States (the two Vaughan brothers from South Carolina whose father was an Egba Prince and mother was a Native American. Both brothers returned to Africa for the first time in their lives via Liberia on their dying father's instructions), Trinidad and Tobago, and more. Most came from Oyo, Ijesa, Egba, a few Ijebus, Ketus and Bantes of Yoruba-speaking areas of Benin Republic.

It's good to know that Josiah Doherty was from Ilaro paternally and Ijero-Ekiti maternally because a vast number of the Yoruba returnees of the 1800s from the Americas and Sierra Leone were majorly Oyos, Ijesas (such as the wealthy family of Candido DaRocha who returned from Bahia, Brazil), Egbas folks such as the Alakija's (returned from Bahia in Brazil and the wealthy patriarch was Sir. Adeyemo Alakija, QC, who was also the Daily Times newspaper founder. He was formerly known as Placido Assumpcao but he changed his Brazilian name to his Yoruba ethnic name when he returned from his law studies in England in the 1910s). All these folks either settled on Lagos Island OR in Abeokuta, etc, and became very wealthy international businessmen or professionals who could even afford to send their children to schools and elite Universities in England before 1900! It just blew me away. It was the triumph of human spirit that the savvy Yoruba-Sierra Leonian, Yoruba-Cuban and Yoruba-Brazilian returnees could achieve so much success within a short time frame as wealthy African Merchant princes and professionals in the Victorian era of British colonialism of Nigeria and Africa in general.

I enjoyed reading your input here.

Enjoy the rest of your day.
Re: Lagos Indigenes In North America Support Regional System Of Govt by SonofLagos: 3:13pm On Jun 07
ArcSEMPECJ:

From all I said, you were so pained that you resorted to insults that you claim Igbos are known for against other tribes...

And that has downgraded your comment, what I said if you are good in analysis, you will know I made a known fact...

If you have visited Ekiti, Osun, Ondo, KWARA ,Ogun (that is even close to Lagos).....you will come to ask yourself why is Lagos State this developed but all these Towns in South West are still backward...

And my confusion is that you equally refused to acknowledge the fact that Lagos State was allowed to grow by the help of other tribes in Nigeria....

Understand my contentions and know where to lay your bases of arguments , that's why you refuted to anger and hatred with insults than saying something meaningful....lols

Sorry, I couldn't read what you wrote anyway....try and be guided next time ....
grin nwanne, is any of your 5 plot of cursed land has developed has Ibadan? The whole of oyo state is almost the size of your cursed region but yet you isonu deveropers😂 can’t even boast of a cosmopolitan city like Ibadan, a city of many first, but shame no go let you see clearly because your headache is obodo ragos grin in far away yorubaland..I pray you finally have some sense😂😂

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Indigenes In North America Support Regional System Of Govt by SonofLagos: 3:30pm On Jun 07
athaboi:
that you devilishly conquered a place doesn't mean that they don't have origin! They are beginning to wake up and they will collect their place back
grin Oloriburuku, you should take the lead, if you have not inherited the cowardly japa method like your ancestors Ojukwu Keep setting your tribe up for destruction, when they descend on you now, you will start crying victimisation and hatred cool

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Indigenes In North America Support Regional System Of Govt by Putinofrussia: 3:56pm On Jun 07
KosiGee:

Name him.

You sound unintelligent.
He was just telling Igbos to stop poking nose into Yoruba vs Yoruba matter.
Your ancestors did it,failed and gnashed their teeth to their graves.
You,the new crops of Igbos are still in the same foolish path that is making some Yoruba begin to detest you.
We have always had other tribes too in Lagos but it is only the Igbos that have showed covetousness.
From Jaja Nwachukwu to Nnamdi Azikiwe to Iwuanyanwu and co.
Wetini
Let the Yorubas settle their differences even politically.Not everybody will agree everytime.
Stop the covetousness and ojukokuro.
choi shocked
Na only Igbo dey Lagos?
cho cho cho cho everytime.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Indigenes In North America Support Regional System Of Govt by raskymonojendor: 3:58pm On Jun 07
Putinofrussia:

You sound unintelligent.
He was just telling Igbos to stop poking nose into Yoruba vs Yoruba matter.
Your ancestors did it,failed and gnashed their teeth to their graves.
You,the new crops of Igbos are still in the same foolish path that is making some Yoruba begin to detest you.
We have always had other tribes too in Lagos but it is only the Igbos that have showed covetousness.
From Jaja Nwachukwu to Nnamdi Azikiwe to Iwuanyanwu and co.
Wetini
Let the Yorubas settle their differences even politically.Not everybody will agree everytime.
Stop the covetousness and ojukokuro.
choi shocked
Na only Igbo dey Lagos.
cho cho cho cho everytime.
God bless you for this post.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Boko-haram Attacks Mobile-Police Base In Damaturu / 11 Boko Haram Members Killed By Army And Bomb Making Factory Destroyed In Borno / PHOTOS: Emir Of Kano Visits Gov. Ganduje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.