Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,126 members, 7,887,256 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:54 AM

Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting (47156 Views)

Minimum Wage: FG Pushes ₦‎62,000 Pay Despite Labour’s Opposition / Labour May Resume Strike Tuesday After Rejecting ₦‎62,000, Insists On ₦‎250,000 / New Minimum Wage: FG Announces Decision On Workers’ Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by Meadey: 7:08am On Jun 08
Am not on the side of the Government. But the populace is fighting for volume of money and not the value of money. Let's educate ourselves and do the maths. How many are the senators and the just increased salaries of the judiciary compared to the entire population? Only the federal workers will benefit on the 100% increase. Let's not forget that inflation is waiting ahead of us and we will all go to the same market to buy goods.

Let's fight for the right thing.

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by Exceed15: 7:10am On Jun 08
rottennaija:
Someday, this country will be brought to its knees. That day, the ordinary military men, the police men on the street etc will side with the citizens and chased these politicians out of the country. We can no longer tolerate this people.

It happened in Srilanka. Ordinary citizens not union invaded the government house and chased out the president. They occupied everywhere even his bedroom and posef to take pictures.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by forgiveness: 7:13am On Jun 08
StreetFight:

Have you ever held one dollar in your life?

No, I haven't. Give me but 2,000 dollars. Opo
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by oyeb15: 7:13am On Jun 08
At least minimm wage must Comfortably buy a bag of rice.

This useless president should reduce fuel price to #200 per liter.

Simple solution
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by olamakinde(m): 7:14am On Jun 08
Cmjarg:
And of basic salary is been increased by 32% then
Rent allowance will increase by 32%
Furniture will increase by 32%
Transportation will increase by 32%
Wardrobe will increase by 42%
All the allowances will increase by 32%
Including leave bonus.
So from level 1 will earn nothing less than 110k to 130k a month
you don't know what you're saying
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by AmiableMosquito: 7:16am On Jun 08
onadana:

I became Blessed in health and mind set,the day I took my son and left Nigeria. 21billion naira house was unveiled for the vice-president and government is here offering N62,000.Tinubu is pathetic.
I am so happy for you. I really want out too....
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by AmiableMosquito: 7:17am On Jun 08
Eriokanmi:
You need to see the way I'm shaking my head right now. Our leaders are anti people. Sadly, they're not going to learn from this. Their mumu will soon forget and vote wrongly as usual. May God forgive me...I think the masses deserve this kind of treatment
😞 I just have to agree with you. But why are we so docile as a people?
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by AmiableMosquito: 7:17am On Jun 08
LordIsaac:

I understand the feeling…it’s why I came to the conclusion that they are all the same and I will never queue for any of them.
God bless you bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by AmiableMosquito: 7:18am On Jun 08
tbliss22:

Millions of Nigerians hate the country already na grin grin grin grin so yours won't be the first
cry cry
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by AmiableMosquito: 7:19am On Jun 08
membranus:

As an #AmiableMosquito, stop being amiable henceforth and bite all our l£aders to d£ath grin, and that will be a good start.
grin grin grin Brooo, you have cracked me up this morning. Thanks for putting a smile on my face

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by biomi: 7:20am On Jun 08
I am done with this country
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by AmiableMosquito: 7:20am On Jun 08
Didijiji:
not just you

Watching the Nigerian match on AIT yesterday made me hate Nigeria more

1980 visual quality in 2024?
cry cry I sincerely don't believe in the nation anymore. I wish I had the resources to migrate. I really want out
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by Thomthom(m): 7:21am On Jun 08
Hezzyluv:
If some states are already paying their workers above 60k, what's the issues with FG dragging feet on the matter ni tori Oloru?
No state is paying any above Fg.. go verify na media them dey use.. any governor wey say him dey pay 70 or 80k minimum wage na big lie
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by AmiableMosquito: 7:22am On Jun 08
SpecialAdviser:

MNK says hello
😞😞
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by TheOgaBoss: 7:24am On Jun 08
Hezzyluv:
If some states are already paying their workers above 60k, what's the issues with FG dragging feet on the matter ni tori Oloru?
which is paying above 60k apart from Edo state?
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by Aloysius18: 7:25am On Jun 08
Let them put their own salary on the national minimum wage and even go for 47k as they earlier proposed because we are going to the same market, nonsense set of people.

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by Sermwell(m): 7:25am On Jun 08
muyico:
Nigeria workers? plz I take God beg u? collect am DAT way? person wey no be CEO can't understand why I'm begging Nigeria unions

CEO cannot be lavishing money on himself and friends, then his workers are suffering!!

The FG is living large but expect the workers to manage!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by AmiableMosquito: 7:31am On Jun 08
Exceed15:

My brother, pray God settle your family. This government is choking Nigerians. And the idiot was saying " Let the poor breathe during his campaign. The idiots supporters ko je bi indomie infact Tinubu till 2098.
My dear brother, I am 35 and unmarried. As a civil servant and a recent PhD holder, I am barely managing to survive. House rent alone in Abuja is killing me. I can't even afford to migrate. I am repaying multiple loans from my salary till June 2025 because my PhD was self-funded.
Our leaders are not sincere,neither do they have human sympathy. I wish I took the opportunity to leave when I had the chance. It's so difficult and expensive now. I hope to explore some sponsored post-doctoral opportunities abroad. If I ever leave, I honestly won't look back. I feel really caged here.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by elijooh: 7:35am On Jun 08
pianogirl:
Lobatan!!! NLC Strike Episode 2 loading.
We all saw this coming. After all, N62,000 is higher than N60,000. Isn't it?
Shebi it was National Grid they shut down before. This time around, dem go kuku disconnect all the electric poles join. Let's see how this movie would eventually play out.

On a more serious note, NLC should make more pressing demands beyond minimum wage that affects the entirety of the Nigerian population, not just the civil servants and salary earners. How about insisting on government tackling the inflation rates and high cost of living, price regulation of goods and services, reducing the electricity tariffs, creating enabling policies for business owners and ensuring the welfare of every Nigerian.
Leave NLC alone, your votes can do the right thing...that's why we said election have consequences.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by Treasure17(m): 7:46am On Jun 08
Nigeria is gone.
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by trafficpools: 7:47am On Jun 08
ZUKKYY:
62k no reach anything. Only last restock I did na 95k spend.
because you b yahoo boy nah!!!

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by otame10: 7:48am On Jun 08
Imagine because of 2k, they called off the strike. FG, is just playing with us.
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by Callosobruchus(m): 7:55am On Jun 08
Now I really know how insignificant Nigerian workers and the entire masses are to the Government and to the labour unions who are claiming to fight for the workers' welfare.Trust me,there's not going to be any wage increment in 2024 in the midst of the skyrocketing inflation(especially that of food and medication).Some people are going to die an unnecessary and preventable death this year;no thanks to the government and the labour unions.
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by udemzyudex(m): 7:59am On Jun 08
Prepare for another strike.
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by Cyprian221: 8:00am On Jun 08
Senators are earning 37m presently not 29m my brother
ttobizz:
The only private sector in Nigeria currently is the banking sector which ofcourse will do the government's bidding, others are bet9ja and co who are not represented in the negotiations,

The bet9jas and Co are majority of the businesses trying to survive, no employee of theirs insist on minimum wage, they go home with whatever the organization can afford and everyone is indifferent.

The banks in coniival with the government impoverish the people, that's why they are the only sector not complaining about the current economic situation.

In this ongoing minimum wage negotiations, the private sector is represented mainly by the banks which is same as the government, hence both can easily agree on a figure

We shall stand our ground, there is no going back now, its above a N100k or nothing, otherwise tell me the moral justification for a 300% increase in judges salaries and a N29m Nigeria's senator's monthly take home

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by Broveens42(m): 8:22am On Jun 08
Didijiji:
not just you

Watching the Nigerian match on AIT yesterday made me hate Nigeria more

1980 visual quality in 2024?
you will continue to hate this entity because you are yet to realize it’s just a royal Niger company.. Wise people have since moved on
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by Picardor2: 8:26am On Jun 08
sweerychick:
grin.. honestly I don't know between a tomato 🍅 seller and FG who bargain pass. So after all deliberation and FG committed to increase minimum wage it's only 2k you guys can offer?.
strike continue
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by Dynamicboss: 8:30am On Jun 08
pianogirl:
Lobatan!!! NLC Strike Episode 2 loading.
We all saw this coming. After all, N62,000 is higher than N60,000. Isn't it?
Shebi it was National Grid they shut down before. This time around, dem go kuku disconnect all the electric poles join. Let's see how this movie would eventually play out.

On a more serious note, NLC should make more pressing demands beyond minimum wage that affects the entirety of the Nigerian population, not just the civil servants and salary earners. How about insisting on government tackling the inflation rates and high cost of living, price regulation of goods and services, reducing the electricity tariffs, creating enabling policies for business owners and ensuring the welfare of every Nigerian.

Intelligent comment

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by Villa12(m): 8:45am On Jun 08
rottennaija:
Someday, this country will be brought to its knees. That day, the ordinary military men, the police men on the street etc will side with the citizens and chased these politicians out of the country. We can no longer tolerate this people.
fearurcreator the Ronu man with failed marriage need to see this. I hope you will be alive to witness this
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by Tonytonex(m): 8:46am On Jun 08
Dapromzy333:

https://news360ng.com/breaking-fg-makes-n62000-offer-as-new-minimum-page/
LOL 😆😂 😂 FG dey joke

And NLC and TUC no too serious.

These people no serious

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by blowjohn(m): 8:48am On Jun 08
Even the 62k.
When dem hoes begin pay am? grin grin
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by bitbillionaire: 8:58am On Jun 08
LoL. The agreement mumu NLC signed with the FG was that the FG would agree to pay any amount above 60k. Meaning that NLC would be willing to accept ANYTHING above 60k even if it is one Naira that is being added. And the FG has fulfilled its own bargain!

If the NLC representatives were serious and wise they sould have made sure that the amount below which they would not accept is also stated in the agreement not just that it should be above 60k.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

The New Face Of Oshodi As Construction Continues - Photos / Osibanjo Celebrates Nigerian School Girls That Came 1st In The World / Lai Mohammed Booed At AFRIMA Awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.