Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,737 members, 7,875,847 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:14 PM

Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting (46932 Views)

Minimum Wage: FG Pushes ₦‎62,000 Pay Despite Labour’s Opposition / Labour May Resume Strike Tuesday After Rejecting ₦‎62,000, Insists On ₦‎250,000 / New Minimum Wage: FG Announces Decision On Workers’ Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by Bimpe29: 9:00am On Jun 08
What is the next line of action?

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by Villa12(m): 9:00am On Jun 08
Kukutente23:

This helinues dimwit opened a new moniker to troll Nigerians as usual

Dude you're an enemy of the people
including that useless old cargo fearurcreator with his failed marriage.
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by Villa12(m): 9:04am On Jun 08
WhiteWood:

You don't know nothing
let us know something Mr emilokan supporter
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by Villa12(m): 9:07am On Jun 08
epainos:
120k is not enough for a family of 5. So, I am not sure how N62k makes sense.

If the government increases it, market women will increase prices too.

Honestly, an increment of wages is not the answer to this crisis. It is a double-edged sword.

The answer is to fight the government and senators concerning looting and juicy take home they have. 300% increment for judiciary at this time should be resisted.

But can this happen? Nope.

So, you are all wasting your time. The moment we had Tinubu, Atuku, and Obi, who were all looters and thieves as the last presidential candidates, I knew we were going to be in soup.

A word is enough for the wise. Start growing your food. Many of you are complaining and giving excuses. OK, ooooo. You can not win the government.

Grow greens and fruits. Produce poultry meat and eggs. These are enough for you to survive Nigeria no matter the situation ahead.

I know you get coconut head. So, keep fighting the government. No be me hunger go kill. Na you. Lol.
you have been brainwashed if you think the masses cannot over power the government.
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by Villa12(m): 9:09am On Jun 08
richie240:
Emergency nigerians dem; the same country they've been wishing it's downfall o.

Person wey no know dem go think say they are speaking from a realm of genuine love for the country.

God pass all of una!
cool

you yourself don't love your country. You love the politicians over the masses.
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by Villa12(m): 9:16am On Jun 08
richie240:
You are not getting it: FG can pay it's workers 300k/month but howany states can pay it's workers ordinary 50k??

Ordinary 30k wey be the previous minimum wage, how many states dey pay am before??
cool
story. The world will come to an end if your useless FG pay workers 100k
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by bentenny(m): 9:18am On Jun 08
richie240:
You are not getting it: FG can pay it's workers 300k/month but howany states can pay it's workers ordinary 50k??

Ordinary 30k wey be the previous minimum wage, how many states dey pay am before??
cool
Oga go and check the faac allocation of states before and after subsidy removal and you will realize that most if not all of them can pay!
For instance,a governor that used to collect 2-3billion now collects almost 8-9billion and yet they claim they cannot pay?
It's not like the funds are used for infrastructure or productivity...a governor recently spent 10-15billion to build an edifice which is unproductive.
If the governors cannot pay,they should reject the recent increase in their faac or the FG should remove the added funds they gave those states!

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by Fiyin007: 9:21am On Jun 08
This right here is the solution to the present problem. The present government policy is the root cause of the economic crisis and reversing it is the only way out. Enough of the merry go round motion. Add repayment of fuel subsidies and reversal of Pms to N162/litre too!!

pianogirl:
Lobatan!!! NLC Strike Episode 2 loading.
We all saw this coming. After all, N62,000 is higher than N60,000. Isn't it?
Shebi it was National Grid they shut down before. This time around, dem go kuku disconnect all the electric poles join. Let's see how this movie would eventually play out.

On a more serious note, NLC should make more pressing demands beyond minimum wage that affects the entirety of the Nigerian population, not just the civil servants and salary earners. How about insisting on government tackling the inflation rates and high cost of living, price regulation of goods and services, reducing the electricity tariffs, creating enabling policies for business owners and ensuring the welfare of every Nigerian.
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by Galinton(m): 9:23am On Jun 08
God punish tinubu, thunder fire inec chairman.

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by KEVIND: 9:23am On Jun 08
pianogirl:
Shebi it was National Grid they shut down before. This time around, dem go kuku disconnect all the electric poles join. Let's see how this movie would eventually play out.

On a more serious note, NLC should make more pressing demands beyond minimum wage that affects the entirety of the Nigerian population, not just the civil servants and salary earners. How about insisting on government tackling the inflation rates and high cost of living, price regulation of goods and services, reducing the electricity tariffs, creating enabling policies for business owners and ensuring the welfare of every Nigerian.

The best way to go.👍
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by Komu1048(m): 9:24am On Jun 08
NewHe:

Congratulations, as long as money is available for stomach then other developmental projects should suffer?

Bros, don't underrate hunger ooo. Its should be taken care of first, before any other thing.
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by NewHe: 9:31am On Jun 08
Kukutente23:

This helinues dimwit opened a new moniker to troll Nigerians as usual

Dude you're an enemy of the people
Prove it than peddling falsehood?
Where's the old moniker?

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by Galinton(m): 9:38am On Jun 08
NewHe:

Wise man! Then pay your workers 250k and let's how you're going to sustained ithat?
i don't know why some of you are defending this usless govt, for god sake, now how do you want family of 6 to survive in this tough time with 60k as salary? How much is senator salary per month + allowance, pls tell me. You borrowed billions of naira and bought cars for those that are still recieving something more than 20million. Is ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by ogbe88(m): 9:46am On Jun 08
richie240:
Emergency nigerians dem; the same country they've been wishing it's downfall o.

Person wey no know dem go think say they are speaking from a realm of genuine love for the country.

God pass all of una!
cool

U are not well.

All these idiots here, are so foolish.
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by ogbe88(m): 9:47am On Jun 08
richie240:
Do the majority of the ppl grandstanding and praying that the country scatters except FG dances to their tune consider themselves nigerians at heart? Yes or no?

If they are not nigerians at heart why should they play a part in what happens in nigeria?? Yes or no?

Do you expect a 'foreigner' to love his host country more than d indigenes?? Yes or no?
cool

This two ppl here, are idiots.
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by ogbe88(m): 9:49am On Jun 08
I see a sweet coup coming, like that of 66.

Since we nor wan hear word, we go collect.
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by Brushstrokes20: 9:55am On Jun 08
eBOLA and cohorts are CHRONIC CLOWNS🤡🤡🤡🤡
The shyyythole is a stupid joke 😁😁😂😂🤣🤣😆😆😅📢📢📢📢
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by Meadey: 10:12am On Jun 08
Villa12:
you have been brainwashed if you think the masses cannot over power the government.

If there is no governance, Nigeria will become a free state and everyone will do what is right in their own eyes. Let's not pray for that because the price will be too heavy to pay if it happens.

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by Villa12(m): 10:26am On Jun 08
Meadey:

If there is no governance, Nigeria will become a free state and everyone will do what is right in their own eyes. Let's not pray for that because the price will be too heavy to pay if it happens.
the leaders are already pushing the masses to the wall. One politician cannot be earning close to 40m monthly couple with billions of naira they stole on a daily basis while ordinary Nigerians don't have food to eat. What do you expect to happen?
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by cucumbar: 10:33am On Jun 08
richie240:
Do the majority of the ppl grandstanding and praying that the country scatters except FG dances to their tune consider themselves nigerians at heart? Yes or no?

If they are not nigerians at heart why should they play a part in what happens in nigeria?? Yes or no?

Do you expect a 'foreigner' to love his host country more than d indigenes?? Yes or no?
cool

Lexy 2014 is asking you a simple question, answer the question, you are writing rubbish.

Did you just learn the word, grandstanding? 🤔

Your head no correct, just like the people you support.

That’s why you are running up and down the thread like a lunatic, quoting everyone.

If your head correct, answer the question he asked you.

Animal.
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by countryman13: 10:40am On Jun 08
countryman13:

And ds present president went beyond shutting down the grid in 2012. He wanted heaven to fall just because GEJ's administration wanted subsidy GONE then. These people subsidized pilgrimage with 90B and toying with people's lives like this. Of what use is pilgrimage (Muslim b Christian) to us? SCAM. Am waiting for the day that traditionalist/herbalist will come with their own budget for pilgrimage to India.
FELA SAID AUTHORITY STEALING PASS ARMED ROBERRY AND ADVISED WE AFRICANS TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT DS NONSENSE! Lastly, hope una wey dey ready to kill because of these politicians during campaign n elections don see their color now. My life, that of my wife and children are more important than the most important n influential politician in naija come rain come shine
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by richie240: 11:13am On Jun 08
Is that what u call your grandfather at home??
Ivan bet my left ball z that you are igbo!
cool
cucumbar:
Lexy 2014 is asking you a simple question, answer the question, you are writing rubbish.

Did you just learn the word, grandstanding? 🤔

Your head no correct, just like the people you support.

That’s why you are running up and down the thread like a lunatic, quoting everyone.

If your head correct, answer the question he asked you.

Animal.

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by TrackerSK: 11:16am On Jun 08
I used almost 350k to restock my house with food stuff this month.This country nah rubbish
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by mbos: 11:29am On Jun 08
$41 divided by 30 day = $1.366666666
far less than the United Nations $4 a day poverty line definition
hence the Nigerian minimum wage shall be described as penury wage

forgiveness:
62k=$41
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by mbos: 11:29am On Jun 08
$41 divided by 30 day = $1.366666666
far less than the United Nations $4 a day poverty line definition
hence the Nigerian minimum wage shall be described as penury wage
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by Cmjarg(m): 11:31am On Jun 08
olamakinde:
you don't know what you're saying
Shut your trap. You are not a civil servant, am a civil servant so this is how it is
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by NewHe: 12:07pm On Jun 08
Galinton:
i don't know why some of you are defending this usless govt, for god sake, now how do you want family of 6 to survive in this tough time with 60k as salary? How much is senator salary per month + allowance, pls tell me. You borrowed billions of naira and bought cars for those that are still recieving something more than 20million. Is ok
Nobody is supporting any useless government, if there's any.
It's government run by Nigerians whom you're one!
Our concern is the sustainability of everyone-including the majority masses who are neither government nor OPS Workers whom might likely face the expected astronomical hike in prices of goods and services of the wickedness of Nigeria's traders!
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by NothingDoMe: 12:12pm On Jun 08
sweerychick:
grin.. honestly I don't know between a tomato 🍅 seller and FG who bargain pass. So after all deliberation and FG committed to increase minimum wage it's only 2k you guys can offer?.
😄
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by Galinton(m): 12:14pm On Jun 08
NewHe:

Nobody is supporting any useless government, if there's any.
It's government run by Nigerians whom you're one!
Our concern is the sustainability of everyone-including the majority masses who are neither government nor OPS Workers whom might likely face the expected astronomical hike in prices of goods and services of the wickedness of Nigeria's traders!
so this hardship, na Nigeria traders cause am?
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by NothingDoMe: 12:14pm On Jun 08
pianogirl:

The oil production has not been shut down yet. Hopefully it won't come to that. Last time it happened was during Abacha.
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by Exceed15: 12:15pm On Jun 08
AmiableMosquito:
My dear brother, I am 35 and unmarried. As a civil servant and a recent PhD holder, I am barely managing to survive. House rent alone in Abuja is killing me. I can't even afford to migrate. I am repaying multiple loans from my salary till June 2025 because my PhD was self-funded.
Our leaders are not sincere,neither do they have human sympathy. I wish I took the opportunity to leave when I had the chance. It's so difficult and expensive now. I hope to explore some sponsored post-doctoral opportunities abroad. If I ever leave, I honestly won't look back. I feel really caged here.

Kai bro u should have left this country when u had the opportunity, anyway all things works together for your good. Don't worry ur breakthrough will come like a magic . Hold unto God.
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by AmiableMosquito: 12:41pm On Jun 08
Exceed15:

Kai bro u should have left this country when u had the opportunity, anyway all things works together for your good. Don't worry ur breakthrough will come like a magic . Hold unto God.
Thanks brother. I believe

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Construction Of Abule Egba And Ajah Fly Over In Lagos (Photos) / Saraki Doles Out N5m For Ailing Actors, Promises To Transform Nollywood / APC Senators May Unseat Saraki Today - The Guardian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.