Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,734 members, 7,875,843 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:07 PM

Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting (46930 Views)

Minimum Wage: FG Pushes ₦‎62,000 Pay Despite Labour’s Opposition / Labour May Resume Strike Tuesday After Rejecting ₦‎62,000, Insists On ₦‎250,000 / New Minimum Wage: FG Announces Decision On Workers’ Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by Reussite: 10:52pm On Jun 07
I'm not surprised
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by LLSAINT(m): 10:52pm On Jun 07
SMEs are now the organised private sector because the Big companies have all left our shores

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by Vision101(m): 10:52pm On Jun 07
Nonsense. Tired of this kobo kobo addition. Going back and forth. Table reasonable offer. The range should be government offer: #70k and labour offer #120k.

4 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by sonssyo(f): 10:53pm On Jun 07
62k for agbado, cassava and Ewa,I laugh 😂😂😂😂 in Swahili,e don red for civil servants cry
This year no go end without setting up something reasonable 😞😞, private or public sector, counted money nah counted money cry cry cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by Dybala11(m): 10:53pm On Jun 07
This people no rate NLC at all, what the heck is this kind of play. 😂😂😂

6 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by Pesbest: 10:53pm On Jun 07
Edo state is currently paying 70,000 naira.

How can a state be paying more than the so-called FG?

Our silence as citizens of this country is really taken for granted.

See the FAT treat senators & co get while the masses wallow in abject poverty.

That's why is not good to vote along religious and tribal lines,, the effect & impact is deadly.

12 months under president Tinubu,, Shege pro max fully launched.

What will Nigeria & Nigerians become in the next 3 years....have you given it a thought??

Next time,, We should learn to vote sense & not emotions.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by ladychioma: 10:53pm On Jun 07
techub:
It took government 3days to add 3k .... Each day 1k. Wow
You are right
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by JudasNaKarrot: 10:54pm On Jun 07
Labour lost it the moment they agreed to suspend the strike. The government is a criminal government headed by a drug lord mafia.

They have successfully broken the Labour, next will be to use the courts, religious and ethnic propaganda if the organised Labour tries to go back to strike.

Nigerians deserve the kind of leaders we (s)elect.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by chyeexcel: 10:54pm On Jun 07
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by jetguy(m): 10:54pm On Jun 07
As I if they are pricing garri in the market 😅

When I tell one of my gee that salary work is for billing he think it was a joke 😔

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by Anguldi(m): 10:54pm On Jun 07
Nigerians are taxed to death angry
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by Skillsnigeria: 10:55pm On Jun 07
Noted
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by Theunderman: 10:55pm On Jun 07
Governors are the mean, vote out these set of leaders

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by TGreatGatsby: 10:55pm On Jun 07
Mad o, since the Governors Forum say they can't afford more than 60k, let's see if they can afford this.

Judiciary can get a 300%, Senators can get HARDSHIP ALLOWANCE even after Millions of Naira for salary but the minimum wage can't get a 300% increase that levels out with the current change in price of commodities

3 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by FreeStuffsNG: 10:55pm On Jun 07
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by mediclife1987(m): 10:56pm On Jun 07
This is what I've been refreshing nairaland frontpage for since morning

Odape e fe gbepe!

7 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by whytediamond(m): 10:56pm On Jun 07
angry
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by WhiteWood: 10:56pm On Jun 07
Nigerians sell themselves too cheap. I'm a staunch supporter of the Tinubu government, but I believe people shouldn't sell themselves too cheaply. THIS IS A SLAP IN THE FACE OF ALL NIGERIANS.

4 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by federalgodey: 10:56pm On Jun 07
Tinubu, the maradona of our time!

4 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by MaziObinnaokija: 10:57pm On Jun 07
cool .May lightning 🌩 strike anybody that dare go switch off light from the grid

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by muyico(m): 10:58pm On Jun 07
Nigeria workers? plz I take God beg u? collect am DAT way? person wey no be CEO can't understand why I'm begging Nigeria unions

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by Alvin212(m): 10:58pm On Jun 07
Can 2k buy detergent for a Yoruba girl to wash her panties

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by Procashtips(m): 10:58pm On Jun 07
Using Nigerians docility to buy time.

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by Diligence: 10:58pm On Jun 07
If this strike coincides with June 12, naim be say na Comrade Kokori & Abacha (1994) (30 years of mother of all strikeS!) loading ...

This govt no get sense of history & strategic importance of coincidences!

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by pekisdgee(m): 10:59pm On Jun 07
30k to 62k that is 101% increment... if FG raise am one create of egg go reach10k per create.... let get to understand these...
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by ibtommy(m): 10:59pm On Jun 07
pianogirl:
Lobatan!!! NLC Strike Episode 2 loading.
We all saw this coming. After all, N62,000 is higher than N60,000. Isn't it?
Shebi it was National Grid they shut down before. This time around, dem go kuku disconnect all the electric poles join. Let's see how this movie would eventually play out.

On a more serious note, NLC should make more pressing demands beyond minimum wage that affects the entirety of the Nigerian population, not just the civil servants and salary earners. How about insisting on government tackling the inflation rates and high cost of living, price regulation of goods and services, reducing the electricity tariffs, creating enabling policies for business owners and ensuring the welfare of every Nigerian.
Na "Occupy Aso Rock" dem go do this time around. Yeye government.

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by Macdeey: 10:59pm On Jun 07
AmiableMosquito:
I am beginning to hate this country. I don't like the way I am feeling right now.

With this ! You have every right to 😡

6 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by Bergavis: 11:00pm On Jun 07
Obaseki don put them for wahala. Lol

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by Zubeezanga(m): 11:00pm On Jun 07
AmiableMosquito:
I am beginning to hate this country. I don't like the way I am feeling right now.

Bro not just u,
I dy ask myself whats the problem really.

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by Nairalander248: 11:01pm On Jun 07
pianogirl:
Lobatan!!! NLC Strike Episode 2 loading.
We all saw this coming. After all, N62,000 is higher than N60,000. Isn't it?
Shebi it was National Grid they shut down before. This time around, dem go kuku disconnect all the electric poles join. Let's see how this movie would eventually play out.

On a more serious note, NLC should make more pressing demands beyond minimum wage that affects the entirety of the Nigerian population, not just the civil servants and salary earners. How about insisting on government tackling the inflation rates and high cost of living, price regulation of goods and services, reducing the electricity tariffs, creating enabling policies for business owners and ensuring the welfare of every Nigerian.

Dey play, once FG accept on the new wages, things will shoot up... everyone is waiting for FG to start paying new wages...
Re: Minimum Wage: FG Offers ₦‎62,000 After Hours Of Meeting by Brrrrrrrrrrr: 11:02pm On Jun 07
At least Sen George Akume go fit pay him 4 drivers 62k na,if at all.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

EFCC Officials At Fani-Kayode's Asokoro House In Abuja / Godswill Obioma Assassinated (NECO Registrar) / Soldiers Clear Gutter & Roads In Lagos To Ease Traffic (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.