Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,832 members, 7,902,649 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 01:52 PM

Shell 2024 Graduate Recruitment - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Shell 2024 Graduate Recruitment (25693 Views)

NNPC 2024 Graduate And Experienced Hire / Deloitte 2024 Graduate Recruitment / Garki Hospital Abuja Graduate Recruitment 2017 (6 Positions) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shell 2024 Graduate Recruitment by Stargurl20(f): 1:11pm On Jun 21
crowniran:

This is reasonable. Thanks

So, you mean that some people were/will be sent rejection mail just because they used AI in answering their video assessment?
Re: Shell 2024 Graduate Recruitment by crowniran(m): 1:16pm On Jun 21
Stargurl20:

So, you mean that some people were/will be sent rejection mail just because they used AI in answering their video assessment?

I never said that.
Re: Shell 2024 Graduate Recruitment by rawboy: 1:42pm On Jun 21
You misunderstood the comment, the comment is saying the videos will be assessed by AI first and the ones certified okay by the AI will be checked again by human to confirm.
Stargurl20:

1 Like

Re: Shell 2024 Graduate Recruitment by wilsonlexis: 2:59pm On Jun 21
Stargurl20:

Nobody knows the criteria for rejection sir,people are dropping views from other recruitment experience,also you should note that some people applying are also working in their various firms (everybody will love to have a taste of an oil firm),so do not take comments here seriously,it's a just a tag along experience to create a perception of how recruitment process could be like

1 Like

Re: Shell 2024 Graduate Recruitment by dollyptosh(m): 4:49pm On Jun 21

1 Like

Re: Shell 2024 Graduate Recruitment by Solowizz(m): 5:16pm On Jun 21
I guess that's a rejection na
dollyptosh:
I received an update on my application. To summarize, they do not have positions available in my preferred area of work, location, or start date. And will contact me should the situation changes before the end of the calendar year.

I am guessing this is because of my US address. Goodluck to folks still in the process.
Re: Shell 2024 Graduate Recruitment by dollyptosh(m): 5:24pm On Jun 21
I didn't say otherwise
Solowizz:
I guess that's a rejection na

1 Like

Re: Shell 2024 Graduate Recruitment by Solowizz(m): 7:30pm On Jun 21
When is Seplat calling for their own interviews?
dollyptosh:
I didn't say otherwise
Re: Shell 2024 Graduate Recruitment by Ckizy: 9:15pm On Jun 21
dollyptosh:
I received an update on my application. To summarize, they do not have positions available in my preferred area of work, location, or start date. And will contact me should the situation changes before the end of the calendar year.

I am guessing this is because of my US address. Goodluck to folks still in the process.

I got same rejection
Re: Shell 2024 Graduate Recruitment by wilsonlexis: 10:22pm On Jun 21
Ckizy:

I got same rejection
There were 4 columns of selection for field of preference that was what they used I think because before you fill there they said people should choose rightly as they will only call people based on areas shell need at the moment,I don't think it has to do with you been in the US provided youbare a nigerian,did NYSC
Re: Shell 2024 Graduate Recruitment by Solowizz(m): 11:39pm On Jun 21
Yeah, it's a HR technique of rejecting an individualwithout making them feelless of themselves.

I also got the rejection mail.

I spoke with a colleague who got the graduate trainee last year. He said it's really highly competitive. Out of 50,000 applicants only 10 of them got the job. This particular stage is where they'll drop many people. Less than 0.5% will make it through. And at the end it was certain and obvious that those 10 applicant worth it.. as they were exceptionally good. Shell is highly competitive with a good pay at the end. 30M annually for graduate trainee.. that's including other allowances
wilsonlexis:

There were 4 columns of selection for field of preference that was what they used I think because before you fill there they said people should choose rightly as they will only call people based on areas shell need at the moment,I don't think it has to do with you been in the US provided youbare a nigerian,did NYSC
Re: Shell 2024 Graduate Recruitment by ennyj01(m): 5:44am On Jun 22
Solowizz:
Yeah, it's a HR technique of rejecting an individualwithout making them feelless of themselves.

I spoke with a colleague who got the graduate trainee last year. He said it's really highly competitive. Out of 50,000 applicants only 10 of them got the job. This particular stage is where they'll drop many people. Less than 0.5% will make it through. And at the end it was certain and obvious that those 10 applicant worth it.. as they were exceptionally good. Shell is highly competitive with a good pay at the end. 30M annually for graduate trainee.. that's including other allowances

Do you mind asking him to share his key insight that was sent to him after the completion of the VJT and ODVI last year.

Let's see if there is any attribute that stands out for him. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Shell 2024 Graduate Recruitment by SimpleGuy001: 7:33am On Jun 22
Solowizz:

It’s normal, in that 50k people, those that will pass will not be more than 100 and in that 100 not every one will get interview invite some will be reserved in case those chosen for interview don’t meet up.

Seriously you need God in the process cause it’s so competitive.

Still waiting for my mail, make I know my fate.

1 Like

Re: Shell 2024 Graduate Recruitment by Solowizz(m): 11:17am On Jun 22
ennyj01:

Do you mind asking him to share his key insight that was sent to him after the completion of the VJT and ODVI last year.

Sure I did asked about that.. and the message below was his response..

Me: Do you think you did something different during your assessment and ODVI?

Him: "Honestly, I don't think I did.

In fact, I had to rush the ODVI because I was extremely busy during the period.

But the interview is what I can speak much about, the interview was about 3 hours."

2 Likes

Re: Shell 2024 Graduate Recruitment by crowniran(m): 12:00pm On Jun 22
Is there a timeline for the recruitment?
Re: Shell 2024 Graduate Recruitment by SimpleGuy001: 12:19pm On Jun 22
Solowizz:

Sure I did asked about that.. and the message below was his response..

Me: Do you think you did something different during your assessment and ODVI?

Him: "Honestly, I don't think I did.

In fact, I had to rush the ODVI because I was extremely busy during the period.

But the interview is what I can speak much about, the interview was about 3 hours."

Which is why I believe that test stuff is sometimes grace to be honest. I think the interview stuff is true, one that got into shell 2022 told me the interview was 3 hours too. But said passing the initial test is where the main deal is.

Most that got in can only help you most when you pass the assessment ( in terms of helping you prepare for interview and all that) They won’t be able to tell how they passed the assessment apart from doing their usual best on it.

That’s where the issue with shell assessment is. You can’t really tell what they look for in the assessment stage.

At most you can only ask him how he approached his ODVI to get a clue on how to do yours. Apart from that, nothing much really

1 Like

Re: Shell 2024 Graduate Recruitment by Solowizz(m): 1:06pm On Jun 22
SimpleGuy001:

Which is why I believe that test stuff is sometimes grace to be honest. I think the interview stuff is true, one that got into shell 2022 told me the interview was 3 hours too. But said passing the initial test is where the main deal is.

Most that got in can only help you most when you pass the assessment ( in terms of helping you prepare for interview and all that) They won’t be able to tell how they passed the assessment apart from doing their usual best on it.

That’s where the issue with shell assessment is. You can’t really tell what they look for in the assessment stage.

At most you can only ask him how he approached his ODVI to get a clue on how to do yours. Apart from that, nothing much really

Yeah, very true
Re: Shell 2024 Graduate Recruitment by identity002: 1:09pm On Jun 22
Immediately I completed the virtual job tryout & ODVI, I received a mail notification from Hireview, containing insights about my profile of competencies based on my responses. It was stated that they will communicate further once they're ready for the next step. I haven't received any feedback since then. Does anyone get same or similar response from Shell recruitment 'Hireview'?
Re: Shell 2024 Graduate Recruitment by wilsonlexis: 1:47pm On Jun 22
ennyj01:

What I am skeptical about is this competence report they do send immediately you finish the VIT and ODVI,does that have any impact or just make you understand how shell hr sees your previous response?
Re: Shell 2024 Graduate Recruitment by SimpleGuy001: 1:48pm On Jun 22
Solowizz:

Yeah, very true

Also do you mind asking him when did they get back to him? One month, two month ? Etc

1 Like

Re: Shell 2024 Graduate Recruitment by SimpleGuy001: 1:49pm On Jun 22
wilsonlexis:

What I am skeptical about is this competence report they do send immediately you finish the VIT and ODVI,does that have any impact or just make you understand how shell hr sees your previous response?

But they stated it already that you shouldn’t take it serious na. That it’s doesn’t in anyway tell about how they grade you. There was a caveat in the report

1 Like

Re: Shell 2024 Graduate Recruitment by wilsonlexis: 1:51pm On Jun 22
identity002:
Immediately I completed the virtual job tryout & ODVI, I received a mail notification from Hireview, containing insights about my profile of competencies based on my responses. It was stated that they will communicate further once they're ready for the next step. I haven't received any feedback since then. Does anyone get same or similar response from Shell recruitment 'Hireview'?
I think everyone got it once you complete that ODVI stuff they system populates your competency results,what I don't know what is the implication of that report
Re: Shell 2024 Graduate Recruitment by wilsonlexis: 1:53pm On Jun 22
SimpleGuy001:

But they stated it already that you shouldn’t take it serious na. That it’s doesn’t in anyway tell about how they grade you. There was a caveat in the report

Ok.. person eye no reach that side,.

This days once you receive email where the company you applied for is already thanking you for your efforts and all what not,just know say na Rejection mail

1 Like

Re: Shell 2024 Graduate Recruitment by rawboy: 2:39pm On Jun 22
Interview for 3 hours ?, that's scary !

What do they do for a whole three hours? Do you mind sharing?

SimpleGuy001:

Re: Shell 2024 Graduate Recruitment by keentayo(m): 2:39pm On Jun 22
So some of y'all have gotten responses?
It's been a deafening silence since I completed my odvi.
Re: Shell 2024 Graduate Recruitment by temmytade: 2:51pm On Jun 22
keentayo:

As things stand, not getting a response by this time is a good sign. Let’s keep the hope alive.
Re: Shell 2024 Graduate Recruitment by SimpleGuy001: 3:00pm On Jun 22
keentayo:

Better pray not to get response by this time lol. Cause it will surely be a reject mail grin

They resume by end of year so time still long. Success mail won’t come this month

1 Like

Re: Shell 2024 Graduate Recruitment by SimpleGuy001: 3:04pm On Jun 22
rawboy:
Interview for 3 hours ?, that's scary !

What do they do for a whole three hours? Do you mind sharing?

Mostly CBI questions, you will get plenty of them in the interview. You are also given a case study, 30 pages case study and questions will be asked from the case study. It’s grilling sha….

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shell 2024 Graduate Recruitment by Clet3(m): 5:00pm On Jun 22
You can check the status of your application by logging into your account. People may have been rejected without knowing.

So aways check your application dashboard for latest update concerning your application.

Good luck!
Re: Shell 2024 Graduate Recruitment by snapdragon00: 5:48pm On Jun 22
ennyj01:

Brother hope you're good? I remember you from the last NLNG thread.
Re: Shell 2024 Graduate Recruitment by ennyj01(m): 5:52pm On Jun 22
snapdragon00:

Brother hope you're good? I remember you from the last NLNG thread.

Yes. I am okay. Thank God
Life continues my man

How are things with you?
Re: Shell 2024 Graduate Recruitment by detoby(m): 7:25pm On Jun 22
Solowizz:

Please is the interview physical or virtual

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Is This N25,000 For A 6.30am To 10pm Cleaner Job Worth It? / Channels Television Massive Recruitment / Shortlisted Candidates For Nigerian AirForce Recruitment 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.