Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,646 members, 7,878,875 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 08:41 AM

3 Affordable Protein Foods To Consider As Price Of Beans Soars - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 3 Affordable Protein Foods To Consider As Price Of Beans Soars (34103 Views)

What Is The Reason Behind High Cost Of Beans / Iced Water Makes A Comeback As Price Of Sachet Water Skyrockets (pic, Video) / See The Bag Of Beans I Bought For 44,000 In Nasarawa State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Affordable Protein Foods To Consider As Price Of Beans Soars by Flets: 4:54pm On Jun 12
Ok
Re: 3 Affordable Protein Foods To Consider As Price Of Beans Soars by Oju4190: 4:56pm On Jun 12
Try boiled unripe plantain and mayonnaise......The thing make sense.
Re: 3 Affordable Protein Foods To Consider As Price Of Beans Soars by Afonja007: 4:56pm On Jun 12
Protein in beans is not up to 5%
Re: 3 Affordable Protein Foods To Consider As Price Of Beans Soars by Pat081: 4:57pm On Jun 12
twentyk:
Beans #1700

I shout.
1700 is before but today beans is 3 to 4 thousand naira
Re: 3 Affordable Protein Foods To Consider As Price Of Beans Soars by MartinCorridon: 4:59pm On Jun 12
4. Fermented p*ssy juice shocked

That's what a friend suggested. undecided

Re: 3 Affordable Protein Foods To Consider As Price Of Beans Soars by hersarhn: 5:00pm On Jun 12
what hasn't increased price in the market? Everything is so fuckin expensive
Re: 3 Affordable Protein Foods To Consider As Price Of Beans Soars by Villa12(m): 5:03pm On Jun 12
Pat081:
Eggs is 4thousand naira ,Melon Seeds is 3 thousand naira too so na who get money go eat it
#4,600 in my area
Re: 3 Affordable Protein Foods To Consider As Price Of Beans Soars by Davehasmadeit(m): 5:04pm On Jun 12
Shey u dey wine me ni
Re: 3 Affordable Protein Foods To Consider As Price Of Beans Soars by Grace001: 5:04pm On Jun 12
Nigeria is the best place to live crew Una go hear am.. Just like a snap of fingers 8 years tenure of Tinubu will go pretty fast just like Buhari without having anything to show for it.

Making a total of 16 years of your life wasted. Una mumu never do.

Those who have sense already leave that shithole of country.

1 Like

Re: 3 Affordable Protein Foods To Consider As Price Of Beans Soars by Villa12(m): 5:06pm On Jun 12
No alternative is affordable or cheap in this Tinubu government
Re: 3 Affordable Protein Foods To Consider As Price Of Beans Soars by NairalandGOAT1: 5:07pm On Jun 12
OP can you eat melon and bread?

There's no substitute for beans in the world!! Except you'd say akara or moi moi which is still beans.. lol

I'm sure OP isn't a footballer if not how you go commot striker put keeper?
Re: 3 Affordable Protein Foods To Consider As Price Of Beans Soars by Lovit(m): 5:07pm On Jun 12
OP, please remove 'Affordable' from that your headline

How is egg and egusi affordable in this Theeifnubu government?

1 Like

Re: 3 Affordable Protein Foods To Consider As Price Of Beans Soars by CheedyJ(m): 5:08pm On Jun 12
Maybe na garden egg the op mean and as for egusi, shey after buying it, u go just add water and drink it ni , explain pls

1 Like

Re: 3 Affordable Protein Foods To Consider As Price Of Beans Soars by Crafteck1: 5:08pm On Jun 12
Instead of finding a solution for those to be affordable, laslas una go chop sand in d name of substitute
Re: 3 Affordable Protein Foods To Consider As Price Of Beans Soars by rasputinn(m): 5:08pm On Jun 12
People use to eat beans and pap, beans and dodo......

So are you now saying people should start eating egusi soup and pap or egusi souuup and dodo ?
Re: 3 Affordable Protein Foods To Consider As Price Of Beans Soars by Niok: 5:08pm On Jun 12
None Is cheap please

1 Like

Re: 3 Affordable Protein Foods To Consider As Price Of Beans Soars by Brendaniel: 5:09pm On Jun 12
mrrandomguy:
All the alternatives you listed are also rising in prices, although not rising as fast as beans.

I have made the following observations:
1. We are currently in the planting season for beans, hence the scarcity.

2. Price will not come down. Let them set the minimum wage to 250k, it will become worthless in the next 3 years.

3. Insecurity is making it harder for people to farm. Boko-haram, Bandits and IPOB are wreaking havocs all over the country. See as thousands of Southeasterners are fleeing to Lagos and other Southwest states in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAJCkEOLGGI?si=yrLgMp08SwkFR0Oa

That's an old video, happened last year or so. Stop spreading propaganda....
Re: 3 Affordable Protein Foods To Consider As Price Of Beans Soars by OmotolaDeniro(f): 5:10pm On Jun 12
Ebimpawa ooooo Tinubu

Re: 3 Affordable Protein Foods To Consider As Price Of Beans Soars by Wantedmiller: 5:19pm On Jun 12
Beans is not anything protein......
Re: 3 Affordable Protein Foods To Consider As Price Of Beans Soars by lauzun: 5:20pm On Jun 12
cyrusmillz:
What about alternative to Garri, Fish , Rice , Milk and every other food .
I've said it and I'll say it again, Nigerian politicians are the luckiest in the world.
I can imagine them reading this post and the tomato alternative post and saying to themselves " You can see they have no breaking point" . Insha Allah I will retire a Nigerian politician 🙏

I swear!
I believe sometimes our politicians sit down in disbelief wondering how a whole nation can be so gullible.

1 Like

Re: 3 Affordable Protein Foods To Consider As Price Of Beans Soars by watchindelta(m): 5:20pm On Jun 12
Skydivine:
Why do people think beans is protein but not rice?
Both should be considered carbohydrate.

because they have higher protein and healthier carbohydrates, they are good in your diet.
Re: 3 Affordable Protein Foods To Consider As Price Of Beans Soars by watchindelta(m): 5:23pm On Jun 12
lauzun:

I swear!
I believe sometimes our politicians sit down in disbelief wondering how a whole nation can be so gullible.

fact Nigeria citizens they are most stupid in the world of all time, guinness world record cry undecided

1 Like

Re: 3 Affordable Protein Foods To Consider As Price Of Beans Soars by Pat081: 5:25pm On Jun 12
Villa12:
#4,600 in my area
you see sir
Re: 3 Affordable Protein Foods To Consider As Price Of Beans Soars by Akwamkpuruamu: 5:27pm On Jun 12
Unfortunately none is cheap substitute
Re: 3 Affordable Protein Foods To Consider As Price Of Beans Soars by richmanrichard: 5:28pm On Jun 12
All I see is Poverty formulas grin grin.
You will keep formulating till you all die
Re: 3 Affordable Protein Foods To Consider As Price Of Beans Soars by Sterope(f): 5:30pm On Jun 12
Where is soya beans?
Re: 3 Affordable Protein Foods To Consider As Price Of Beans Soars by RepoMan007: 5:31pm On Jun 12
Wheat kponmo and worms too.
Re: 3 Affordable Protein Foods To Consider As Price Of Beans Soars by Skydivine: 5:33pm On Jun 12
watchindelta:

because they have higher protein and healthier carbohydrates, they are good in your diet.

Should beans be classified as protein or carbohydrate?
Re: 3 Affordable Protein Foods To Consider As Price Of Beans Soars by CrossRhodes: 5:35pm On Jun 12
HeatSeeker:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/06/3-affordable-protein-foods-to-consider-as-price-of-beans-soars/

Egg ke?

When the resident zombie here has said egg is for rich people.

Abeg check your list oo cos even egusi and beans don shoot up,
Re: 3 Affordable Protein Foods To Consider As Price Of Beans Soars by Pastoshizzy(m): 5:35pm On Jun 12
Na egg I go take dey soak garri? 🤷🏾‍♂️
Re: 3 Affordable Protein Foods To Consider As Price Of Beans Soars by CrossRhodes: 5:38pm On Jun 12
Skydivine:

Should beans be classified as protein or carbohydrate?
Both
Re: 3 Affordable Protein Foods To Consider As Price Of Beans Soars by CrossRhodes: 5:39pm On Jun 12
Pastoshizzy:
Na egg I go take dey soak garri? 🤷🏾‍♂️
Kuli kuli dey na

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) / My Super Easy Homemade Chicken Suya With Step By Step Pics. / Romantic Or Scary? Would You Eat This (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.