Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,642 members, 7,878,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 08:29 AM

3 Affordable Protein Foods To Consider As Price Of Beans Soars - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 3 Affordable Protein Foods To Consider As Price Of Beans Soars (34102 Views)

What Is The Reason Behind High Cost Of Beans / Iced Water Makes A Comeback As Price Of Sachet Water Skyrockets (pic, Video) / See The Bag Of Beans I Bought For 44,000 In Nasarawa State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Affordable Protein Foods To Consider As Price Of Beans Soars by cyrusmillz: 8:39pm On Jun 12
lauzun:

I swear!
I believe sometimes our politicians sit down in disbelief wondering how a whole nation can be so gullible.

Lool. They have the sweetest job in the world cos they'll keep on doing it , and we'll always adjust
Re: 3 Affordable Protein Foods To Consider As Price Of Beans Soars by Villa12(m): 8:40pm On Jun 12
Housing:

You can do better. You've make good point but calling the article a Dumb piece is too caustic.
op post is annoying truly as all what he listed as alternative are also expensive and out of reach of average Nigerians
Re: 3 Affordable Protein Foods To Consider As Price Of Beans Soars by samomoli: 8:44pm On Jun 12
In the midst of all these suffering, one idiot is talking about alternative don't worry very soon, sand will still turn alternative. Nigerians make me laugh
Re: 3 Affordable Protein Foods To Consider As Price Of Beans Soars by pixypixs(m): 8:45pm On Jun 12
Re: 3 Affordable Protein Foods To Consider As Price Of Beans Soars by Cesarr1: 8:51pm On Jun 12
descarado:
An average adult need not less than 45g of protein everyday.

You can get half from 2 eggs.
Egg is one food that contain all the AA youe body needs plus trace elements.
An adult can eat 2 eggs in the morning and is full.
It's just that we eat to fill the stoma h and eat with our eyes.

2 eggs with a cup of tea( not hot cocoa) or coffee can carry you till mid afternoon.
And it doesn't digest quickly as is not carbohydrate so your insulin do not feed on it. Less insulin, less hunger.
Feeding is pure maths.
When we understands it, we live long and eat less.
u never smoke cana
na y
Re: 3 Affordable Protein Foods To Consider As Price Of Beans Soars by Bleiz(m): 9:02pm On Jun 12
Skydivine:
Why do people think beans is protein but not rice?
Both should be considered carbohydrate.

True that beans has higher content of carbohydrates. However that carbohydrate called trehalose isn't nutritionally/metabolically available for humans to use as a source of energy for metabolism. There is no enzyme in the human gut that can break down trehalose and as such, protein becomes the only metabolically available source of nutrients in beans.

Now what happens to the trehalose? Gut bacteria ferment trehalose. That's why you can be bloated or filled with gases when you take beans.
Re: 3 Affordable Protein Foods To Consider As Price Of Beans Soars by Skydivine: 9:04pm On Jun 12
Bleiz:

True that beans has higher content of carbohydrates. However that carbohydrate called trehalose isn't nutritionally/metabolically available for humans to use as a source of energy for metabolism. There is no enzyme in the human gut that can break down trehalose and as such, protein becomes the only metabolically available source of nutrients in beans.

Now what happens to the trehalose? Gut bacteria ferment trehalose. That's why you can be bloated or filled with gases when you take beans.
I like this explanation.

1 Like

Re: 3 Affordable Protein Foods To Consider As Price Of Beans Soars by skywalker240(m): 9:07pm On Jun 12
cyrusmillz:
What about alternative to Garri, Fish , Rice , Milk and every other food .
I've said it and I'll say it again, Nigerian politicians are the luckiest in the world.
I can imagine them reading this post and the tomato alternative post and saying to themselves " You can see they have no breaking point" . Insha Allah I will retire a Nigerian politician 🙏
The citizens are mostly too foolish
Re: 3 Affordable Protein Foods To Consider As Price Of Beans Soars by FBIBOT(m): 9:33pm On Jun 12
Aside those been very expensive.... beans is more of carbohydrates than protein
Re: 3 Affordable Protein Foods To Consider As Price Of Beans Soars by maureensylvia(f): 10:14pm On Jun 12
People must eat beans o

You Dey spoil market for me
Re: 3 Affordable Protein Foods To Consider As Price Of Beans Soars by Bimpe29: 11:04pm On Jun 12
These are equally expensive to come by.
Re: 3 Affordable Protein Foods To Consider As Price Of Beans Soars by Segzy19: 11:04pm On Jun 12
Ogbeni, beans no be protein jare.
No dey disturb us here
Re: 3 Affordable Protein Foods To Consider As Price Of Beans Soars by Hectroy(m): 7:34am On Jun 13
Apparently this op is still a dependent. We live in a country where all good prices has soar with no cheaper alternative. Is better you just stay off from posting rubbish.
Re: 3 Affordable Protein Foods To Consider As Price Of Beans Soars by Jazzman01: 9:56am On Jun 13
twentyk:
Beans #1700

I shout.

Where?

It is 3K here.
Re: 3 Affordable Protein Foods To Consider As Price Of Beans Soars by syntekelite(m): 10:24am On Jun 13
For you to put egusi e mean say e don tey wey the op go market.. moreover dem dey soak egusi drink Op shey u no go use palm oil- expensive, fish( any type) - expensive, pomo- moderately expensive, then add the starch you wanna use to eat it- mega expensive.
Seems beans still affordable pass at least e dey swell & u can cook it with just salt & small oil or no oil at all, u can eat it with 200naira bread or garri and be filled up or alone and still be filled up..
Re: 3 Affordable Protein Foods To Consider As Price Of Beans Soars by grandee4u(m): 12:35pm On Jun 13
Notable mention: Mushroom, snail etc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Chronicles Of My Afang Soup(pics) / My Super Easy Homemade Chicken Suya With Step By Step Pics. / Romantic Or Scary? Would You Eat This (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.