Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,811 members, 7,872,698 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:01 PM

Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election (21497 Views)

Dahiru Saleh Is Dead! Judge Who Annulled June 12 Election Dies / How June 12, 1993 Election Was Annulled - Prof. Humphrey Nwosu (Video) / Professor Humphrey Nwosu's Account Of The Annulment Of The June 12 1993 Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by Goodvibes007: 5:43pm On Jun 13
ZekeYeager:
It's a good thing the real truth is in the public domain. This lying, dishonest, degenerate, sub human version of history can only emanate from a typical TEEFnubu supporter.

You somehow looped Tinubu into the conversation hence I also called out Peter Obi earlier on for chopping money with Abacha.

Truth remains that Prof Nwosu folded and for that reason, when heros of democracy are mentioned, he is never listed amongst them.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by YouAreNobody: 5:47pm On Jun 13
StreetFight:
Truly. He ran away instead of announcing election results. Useless nincompoop

You lots are shameless. Did you read the article at all to see where the military rulers obtained court orders to stop the announcement?
Tueeh! Una shame dey shame me.
Bloody bastard

1 Like

Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by ppogba: 5:47pm On Jun 13
franchasofficia:
The number one problem Yoruba youths of today have with Igbos is the too many conspicuous lies their political elites told them about Igbos.

Young Igbo soldiers carried out 1966 coup to save Awolowo from jail, they later joined Northerners that jailed Awolowo to fight Igbos.

Humphrey Nwosu against all dangers stood to ensure MKO emerged winner, they later turned around to blame Igbos for June 12 1993, you can never hear Yorubas condemning IBB the Head of State that annulled the election.

Buhari ordered currency change in 2023, Yorubas never for one day condemned Buhari but they find so much joy, strength and energy in condemning Emefiele the CBN Governor appointed by Buhari who was only obeying Presidential orders.

I can go on and on, but what I am sure of is this; if Yorubas do not retrace their evil steps, something big will happen and it will shock everybody because nature have a way of balancing things in life.

I thank God for internet technology, social media and micro blogging, no more to Yorubas using Lagos Ibadan expressway fake media propaganda to soil Igbo people's name in the eyes of the rest of Nigerians, great Igbo sons like us are ever ready to expose and counter their lies which they used for years to deceive others into seeing Igbos as the villain whereas they are the number one problem holding Nigeria down with their political greed, tribalism and wickedness while forming Accommodators just because Lagos state Nigeria's Economic capital is located in their geopolitical zone.

What is the number one problem of the Igbo youths of today?

Perhaps, they inherited their sainthood from Azikiwe and Ojukwu.

We already know that making efforts to re- write history is your tribal past time.

The only perfect tribe of Nigeria.
The only victim tribe of Nigeria

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by BabaRamota1980: 5:51pm On Jun 13
Anytime Ibo write something and put on internet, my first reaction is to inspect the writing.

This OP has written a fabricated story for his Wa-Wa natives to repost and repeat.

Nwosu took the risk of his life and found his way in the morning uninvited to a meeting of the MILITARY COUNCIL, ASO VILLA to explain the grave consequences of Ikpeme’s indiscrete pronouncement. After intimidations and harrasment on Prof and other deliberations that took place at the uninvited meeting, it was then agreed that NEC could discountenance Ikpeme’s order and continue with its arrangements and preparations for the elections.

OP, in countering this cowshit you wrote above, I need to make you aware that IBB took personal security very serious after two close attempts on his life. Anytime Military Council met, three layers of security were present. If we count with ADCs of the individual Officer in the meeting, it would be total of four layers. Anyone invited to the meeting goes in without his ADC. The ADC stays outside of the inner security layer. Uninvited persons, like Nwosu, have zero access, period!

Now, what I expected was that you would say Nwosu was stopped by security, but the Ibo warrior in him fought the guards, overpowered them and entered the meeting room gallantly. grin. Unfortunately you did not deepen your fabrication. I guess this may be what you portrayed with intimidations and harrassments on Nwosu.

Dude, trust me...any uninvited person, whoever he was, did not make it past the ADCs. If he did, he received bullets and was dead on the spot. cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by Justdare: 5:54pm On Jun 13
epainos:
Humphrey Nwosu...of all people. That man... They seem to think we forgot about his role in June 12.

I honestly can't fathom the depth of their ignorance. How easy it is for these people to turn the truth on its head. I tire oo
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by raskymonojendor: 6:00pm On Jun 13
BabaRamota1980:
Anytime Ibo write something and put on internet, my first reaction is to inspect the writing.

This OP has written a fabricated story for his Wa-Wa natives to repost and repeat.

OP, in countering this cowshit you wrote above, I need to make you aware that IBB took personal security very serious after two close attempts on his life. Anytime Military Council met, three layers of security were present. If we count with ADCs of the individual Officer in the meeting, it would be total of four layers. Anyone invited to the meeting goes in without his ADC. The ADC stays outside of the inner security layer. Uninvited persons, like Nwosu, have zero access, period!

Now, what I expected was that you would say Nwosu was stopped by security, but the Ibo warrior in him fought the guards, overpowered them and entered the meeting room gallantly. grin. Unfortunately you did not deepen your fabrication. I guess this may be what you portrayed with intimidations and harrassments on Nwosu.

Dude, trust me...any uninvited person, whoever he was, did not make it past the ADCs. If he did, he received bullets and was dead on the spot. cool
Prof Nwosu and Nzeribe's ABN were all working for the military government. The author of that article , one Nwosu himself, is trying to rewrite history with his tales by moonlight. I was just laughing as I was reading the made up stories.

2 Likes

Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by Thiefobi1: 6:02pm On Jun 13
franchasofficia:
The number one problem Yoruba youths of today have with Igbos is the too many conspicuous lies their political elites told them about Igbos.

Young Igbo soldiers carried out 1966 coup to save Awolowo from jail, they later joined Northerners that jailed Awolowo to fight Igbos.

Humphrey Nwosu against all dangers stood to ensure MKO emerged winner, they later turned around to blame Igbos for June 12 1993, you can never hear Yorubas condemning IBB the Head of State that annulled the election.

Buhari ordered currency change in 2023, Yorubas never for one day condemned Buhari but they find so much joy, strength and energy in condemning Emefiele the CBN Governor appointed by Buhari who was only obeying Presidential orders.

I can go on and on, but what I am sure of is this; if Yorubas do not retrace their evil steps, something big will happen and it will shock everybody because nature have a way of balancing things in life.

I thank God for internet technology, social media and micro blogging, no more to Yorubas using Lagos Ibadan expressway fake media propaganda to soil Igbo people's name in the eyes of the rest of Nigerians, great Igbo sons like us are ever ready to expose and counter their lies which they used for years to deceive others into seeing Igbos as the villain whereas they are the number one problem holding Nigeria down with their political greed, tribalism and wickedness while forming Accommodators just because Lagos state Nigeria's Economic capital is located in their geopolitical zone.

Where did nzeogwu announced the coup was to make Awolowo president.

Or is it not the same coup that was masterminded by ironsi himself.

Who told azikwe to fled to uk if not ironsi.

Awolowo could have been executed too, if not that he was in prison.

I don't know why u people like to lie.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by raskymonojendor: 6:03pm On Jun 13
Thiefobi1:

Awolowo could have been executed too, if not he was imprisoned.
In that coup. Out of 22 people killed from different regions only 1 was Ibo. The ibo leaders in the first Republic were tipped off. After the coup nko, Ironsi continued to surround himself with ibos and the coupists were left unpunished.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by Thiefobi1: 6:07pm On Jun 13
raskymonojendor:

Prof Nwosu and Nzeribe's ABN were all working for the military government. The author of that article , one Nwosu himself, is trying to rewrite history with his tales by moonlight. I was just laughing as I was reading the made up stories.

The mastermind of that annulment was IBB incohort with the trio of Nwosu, Nzeribe and chukwumerije.

How can you announced partial result and then ran away, who does that.

The northern emirs with the northern military and some S.E never wanted Abiola presidency.

Same way the S.E never wanted Tinubu presidency.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by raskymonojendor: 6:08pm On Jun 13
Thiefobi1:

The mastermind of that annulment was IBB incohort with the trio of Nwosu, Nzeribe and chukwumerije.

How can you announce partial result and then ran away, who does that.

The northern emirs with the northern military and some S.E never wanted Abiola presidency.

Same way the S.E never wanted Tinubu presidency.
They knew what they were doing grin

1 Like

Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by Thiefobi1: 6:14pm On Jun 13
raskymonojendor:

In that coup. Out of 22 people killed from different regions only 1 was Ibo. The ibo leaders in the first Republic were tipped off. After the coup nko, Ironsi continued to surround himself with ibos and the coupists were left unpunished.

You can Google and read British intelligence report on the first Nigeria coup.

Everything is clearly stated there.

Weeks prior to the coup ironsi sent ifejuna and co on a special millitary training in Ibadan.

It no surprise six weeks after they struck.

2 Likes

Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by dododawa1: 6:32pm On Jun 13
This is good IGBO man

NOT

Terrorist IPOB man

IGBO pei are different from IPOB people.
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by Ebigwei007: 6:35pm On Jun 13
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by benjaminlawson(m): 6:35pm On Jun 13
Nwosu is being remembered for his role in defending democracy and free and fair elections he conducted even when he is being intimidated with AK 47. But in the nearest future what are we going to say about election that was conducted by Yakubu, while Nwosu withstood AK 47, Yakubu cannot withstand Dollar temptation, but the names of both will enter the record book of Nigeria for their children to know the contribution of each of them to our democracy.

1 Like

Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by Josephkabila12: 6:36pm On Jun 13
Bulldozer90:
you go cry tire. Truth hurts you more than anyone else in the country.

The truth is that MKO was a martyr of democracy (killed by his own people). The real hero of June 12 was Humphrey Nwosu.

How come June 12 is called the freest and fairest election in Nigeria's history but for some reasons we never get to hear the name of the man who conducted it?

Why do we only hear only the name of the would've been beneficiary who was a politician
and not Nwosu who did his job not minding the fact he was going to benefit nothing from it ?

Why did we deliberately forget the public servant that did his best against incredible odds just to defend democracy and it's institution as a public servant?

Why would future INEC chairmen be encouraged knowing that their best sacrifice would mean nothing to the people?

Dey play
why are you ibos just too stvpid and f00lish, nwosu the stvpid ibo is the hero now according to you ibos Well we will never forget June 12 when Chief MKO ABIOLA won the presidential election. We will never forget......
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by GUNITGuy: 6:41pm On Jun 13
They don drop another Lamba .....Another plot to rewrite History in their Favour .....Most of this people never really Liked MKO but Routed for Kingibe they have exhibited this traits even the last election showed it....Some even said rather than Yellow bar Man to win they would vote Atikulate
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by youngrichnigga: 6:46pm On Jun 13
For a fact, Humphrey Nwosu was the unsung hero of the 1993 elections, I agree 💯% with this assertion cool cool cool
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by Thiefobi1: 6:51pm On Jun 13
benjaminlawson:
Nwosu is being remembered for his role in defending democracy and free and fair elections he conducted even when he is being intimidated with AK 47. But in the nearest future what are we going to say about election that was conducted by Yakubu, while Nwosu withstood AK 47, Yakubu cannot withstand Dollar temptation, but the names of both will enter the record book of Nigeria for their children to know the contribution of each of them to our democracy.

Election conducted by Nwosu was conclusive but winner not declared.

Election conducted by yakubu was conclusive and winner was declared.

What an irony.
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by nedu666: 6:59pm On Jun 13
Goodvibes007:

Man was a coward that year.

And your brother shonekan that was president before abacha was what.... I guess a brave man. Shonekan had all the opportunity to install abiola, the did nothing. When abacha became president, guess who was no 2. Another Yoruba man called diya. Other Yorubas in abacha govt includes adisa, ani, olarenwaju etc

1 Like

Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by nedu666: 7:01pm On Jun 13
Konquest:

He and other political participants had a job to deliver on that election after General Ibrahim Babangida had started the process of returning to full-blown democracy ONLY for him to cancel the previous attempts and started all over again thereby wasting billions of Naira on an endless electoral process.

Therefore, there were high expectations for Humphrey Nwosu to deliver on the June 12, 1993 elections which were conducted in a very orderly manner under the Option A4 election voting process.

Humphrey Nwosu failed to announce the winner of that election in June 1993, but that is in the past now. Again it was a military dictatorship that existed, therefore, he must have undergone intimidation and threats to his life, while Chief Arthur Nzeribe (the Oguta guy who was selling arms and ammunition to Nigeria and the secessionist rebels at the same time during the Nigerian Civil War) and a young guy called Daniel Kanu openly called for the election annulment through the courts and in public demonstrations in Abuja from the month of June 1993 leading right up to the time Abacha then took over power.

https://www.nairaland.com/4549460/professor-humphrey-nwosus-account-annulment

If he failed to announce the winner of the election, how did abiola conclude that he won the election

3 Likes

Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by goodnessme1(f): 7:02pm On Jun 13
AbuTwins:

There must be millions out there without...!

grin
But nowhere to see yoruba with sense.

I have never see
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by nedu666: 7:03pm On Jun 13
kedeojo:
he conducted it but didn't announce the winner. If he had announced the winner, it would have been difficult for IBB to annulled. Yesterday Arise tv show all the hero of democracy and he was not mentioned. That show is not an hero of democracy att all. He chicken out at the point of announcement, probably because of fear of been killed by IBB.

Two faced people. If he did not announce the winner, how come abiola claimed he won the election

1 Like

Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by goodnessme1(f): 7:04pm On Jun 13
nedu666:

Two faced people. If he did not announce the winner, how come abiola claimed he won the election
You dey take those people serious
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by goodnessme1(f): 7:05pm On Jun 13
Josephkabila12:
why are you ibos just too stvpid and f00lish, nwosu the stvpid ibo is the hero now according to you ibos Well we will never forget June 12 when Chief MKO ABIOLA won the presidential election. We will never forget......
But you forget how Northerners killed him grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by nedu666: 7:06pm On Jun 13
Josephkabila12:

Bleep off. Who gives a Bleep what you remember or forgot. Cowards whose brothers shonekan was president yet did not help abiola. Then other two faced bastards like diya, adisa, ani, olarenwaju all worked for abacha while abiola was in prison

1 Like

Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by franchasofficia: 7:06pm On Jun 13
Thiefobi1:

Awolowo could have been executed too, if not that he was in prison.

I don't know why u people like to lie.
Eh yaaah, I can see where the problem is coming from like I said before; misinformation.

First, are you aware that a Yoruba man like you who was a Nigerian soldier was among the main coup plotters of January 1966 coup?

Google "why we struck", a popular book written by that Yoruba soldier and be enlightened so that demonic politicians from your tribe wont continue to deceive you and other Yoruba youths.

Try and read that book "why we struck" written by your Yoruba brother so you can be informed for your own good.

Secondly, Igbo officers that participated in the coup did messed the coup up by allowing tribal sentiments to derail their original mission and it was said that the reason the Igbo soldiers that executed the Eastern side of the coup failed to do a thorough job was as a result of a Yoruba soldier among them insisting on no shedding of blood plus the fact that the Eastern Premier then, Michael Okpara who was marked for killing was so cherished by the Igbos more than Nnamdi Azikiwe and co because of his great leadership qualities like Awolowo, so they spared him out of sentiment plus again he was with a foreign guest; The Archbishop of Canterbury in his official residence in Enugu, so the coupists spared him, that was how he escaped death.

As for Nnamdi Azikiwe, he was on their list of those to be killed but Nnamdi Azikiwe had his cousin; Ifeajuna among the key coupist and Ifeajuna leaked the info to Zik by telling him to embark on a holiday that something big is coming, Zik listened and embarked on a medical leave to the Caribbean with his Yoruba Doctor.

I also learnt that Zik indirectly told Belewa to be more careful and security conscious but Belewa didn't take it serious just as Akintola the Western Premier got the info of the impending coup and informed his Northern friend and counterpart Ahmadu Bello who also waved it aside relying on his juju powers, while Akintola went and bought rifle and learnt to shoot which made him challenge the coupists the day they invaded his official residence in Ibadan, as soon as Akintola sighted strange soldiers approaching his quarters, he opened fire and they retaliated and in the process killed Akintola.

So even Akintola was aware of the impending coup caused by his political tuzzle with Awolowo in Western Nigeria then.

Awolowo was serving his jail term in old Eastern Nigeria and it was easy for the coupist to kill him if he was on their list but unfortunately he was even the one they were fighting to save if you read the various accounts of the coupists, including the account written by a fellow Yoruba soldier among them.

Again, Belewa was not initially on the list of those to be killed because Belewa was a fine detribalized leader who was only being misled by Ahmadu Bello the Northern Premier then.

Anofuru or so that killed Belewa did so out of frustration when he heard the coup was already failing in some parts of Nigeria.

Try and read books written by the coup plotters themselves, at least if you don't believe in the account of the Igbo soldiers that participated in the coup, you can read the one written by your fellow Yoruba.

Mind you, the coup was executed by soldiers from Igbo, Yoruba, few Hausa, Tiv, Urhobo, etc but the leaders of the coup were mostly Igbo soldiers from today Southsouth and Southeast and a Yoruba soldier too.

You know, I have said it severally on this forum, the issue you young Yorubas have is misinformation by your demonic and heartless political elites against Igbos.

That was how your Yoruba elites used media propaganda to make you Yorubas believe that Igbos did not vote MKO Abiola in 1993 Presidential election.

Whatever I am telling you today, you can Google or research about it to confirm.

In 1993 Presidential election between

MKO Abiola with Kingibe vice

vs

Tofa with Sylvester Ugo vice

MKO Abiola won 1 state out of the 4 states in Southeast then.

In the other 3 Southeast states MKO Abiola lost to Tofa, MKO got over 45% of total votes cast, meaning Tofa won him by a narrow margin despite the fact that Tofa had an Igbo vice, Igbos still voted massively for MKO Abiola but your wicked political elites lied to you Yorubas that Igbos did not vote MKO Abiola.

Na God go reward una sha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by nedu666: 7:08pm On Jun 13
goodnessme1:
But you forget how Northerners killed him grin grin

You dey mind the cowards. He also forgot shonekan, diya, adisa etc. Not forgetting the role of south west traditional rulers.
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by nedu666: 7:12pm On Jun 13
raskymonojendor:

If Nwosu did not announce the result then abiola must be a fool to have declared himself winner and president and therefore committed treason punishable by death. Abacha was right to lock his ass up
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by ogunsbanjul(m): 7:16pm On Jun 13
The same man who told 15 good solid years to accept MKO won June 12 1993 presidential election.
Definitely, this article is written to deceive gullible by Nwozu tribe man.

Noneroone:

https://pmexpressng.com/democracy-day-2024-prof-humphrey-nwosu-the-architect-of-nigerians-june-12-election-1993/
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by Josephkabila12: 7:18pm On Jun 13
nedu666:

Bleep off. Who gives a Bleep what you remember or forgot. Cowards whose brothers shonekan was president yet did not help abiola. Then other two faced bastards like diya, adisa, ani, olarenwaju all worked for abacha while abiola was in prison
alright, you done. You'll remember this day with your lives and properties.
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 7:22pm On Jun 13
Peterobiisathie:
We can’t see this kind of brave man again in Iboland

Is not a must that it will be as it in your tribe....

The only man you worship as a god in Yoruba land is now a renowned failure in Government....falling down dabola as the economy he is over seeing has fallen and crashed before him...

The other one they said he is a scholar, literature tycoon and novelist, happens to be a chain smoker , leader of cultist in Nigeria , imagine how many souls he has killed as a result of cultism in Nigeria....

Truly is not easy to find a brave man again.....I believe you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Afenifere Leaders Fight Dirty / NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 / Ugwuanyi's Telephone Line Hacked By Fraudsters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.