Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,811 members, 7,872,698 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:01 PM

Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election (21497 Views)

Dahiru Saleh Is Dead! Judge Who Annulled June 12 Election Dies / How June 12, 1993 Election Was Annulled - Prof. Humphrey Nwosu (Video) / Professor Humphrey Nwosu's Account Of The Annulment Of The June 12 1993 Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by Believeintruth: 9:11pm On Jun 13
raskymonojendor:

Which stupid dog whistle. The truth is bitter. Isn't?

This is not truth bros if you know what is dog whistling fear will not let you type this rubbish you just did because any DSS official seeing this your write up knows clearly it is aimed at vilifying the igbos which is a criminal offence to instigate or try ethnic baiting against a tribe. Be very careful if una feel say DS no dey monitor nairaland posts, you are dreaming until one day you will hear how a nairalander was picked up. Shebi the last time it was one idiot who called for igbos to be killed on twitter that was tracked to Osogbo.
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by Believeintruth: 9:13pm On Jun 13
raskymonojendor:

Authur Nzeribe. The crook did not regret his actions even till death.

Ibos trying to twist and revise history like they normally do.

Davis exposed him and fled the country after.

Guy stop putting up a false publication I just sent you a write up on how Abimbola Davies was the main guy that instigated the annulment, you still want to play smart by twisting it to blame Arthur Nzeribe and dodge the role of Abimbola Davies.
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by raskymonojendor: 9:14pm On Jun 13
Believeintruth:

Guy stop putting up a false publication I just sent you a write up on how Abimbola Davies was the main guy that instigated the annulment, you still want to play smart by twisting it to blame Arthur Nzeribe and dodge the role of Abimbola Davies.
You can only keep parroting your lies on Nairaland. The facts remains the fact.

1 Like

Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by raskymonojendor: 9:14pm On Jun 13
Believeintruth:

Guy stop trying hard to twist fact. The article you linked was to announce the death of his man. Yes he ayed a role in ABN, but the leader of that group was Authur Nzeribe. He was the brain behind every thing. And till death, he never regretted his actions.

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2022/05/08/how-nzeribe-helped-ibb-annul-abiolas-election/

Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by Believeintruth: 9:17pm On Jun 13
raskymonojendor:

Guy stop trying hard to twist fact. The article you linked was to announce the death of his man. Yes he ayed a role in ABN, but the leader of that group was Authur Nzeribe. He was the brain behind every thing.

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2022/05/08/how-nzeribe-helped-ibb-annul-abiolas-election/

You are quoting PM news that we all know gives sensational stories that reek of falsehood. Let me ask you why are you avoiding talking about the role your fellow yoruba man Abimbola Davies played? Why are you hiding it? You cannot deceive people. I dare you to talk about the role Abimbola Davies played.
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by raskymonojendor: 9:18pm On Jun 13
Believeintruth:

This is not truth bros if you know what is dog whistling fear will not let you type this rubbish you just did because any DSS official seeing this your write up knows clearly it is aimed at vilifying the igbos which is a criminal offence to instigate or try ethnic baiting against a tribe. Be very careful if una feel say DS no dey monitor nairaland posts, you are dreaming until one day you will hear how a nairalander was picked up. Shebi the last time it was one idiot who called for igbos to be killed on twitter that was tracked to Osogbo.
It's 100% true that the ibos have always been used and dumped by the Hausa/Fulani.

When Awolowo proposed to have a secession clause, it was the ibos via Azikiwe that said No.

When Ahmadu Bello threatened to pull out the north from Nigeria if his party does not form a government, it was also the ibos via Azikiwe that headed up north to form a coalition.

The 1st republic was also destroyed by majorly Ibo soldier (Zikist).

Facts are facts and it doesn't care about your feelings grin
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by raskymonojendor: 9:19pm On Jun 13
Believeintruth:

You are quoting PM news that we all know gives sensational stories that reek of falsehood. Let me ask you why are you avoiding talking about the role your fellow yoruba man Abimbola Davies played? Why are you hiding it? You cannot deceive people. I dare you to talk about the role Abimbola Davies played.
Attacking the messenger πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by Josephkabila12: 9:20pm On Jun 13
Shattuck:
you will never forget June 12? That's good, never forget that it was IBB a Northerner who cancelled the election, it was abacha another northerner who jailed MKO Ernest shonekan a Yoruba man took over power yet he did nothing for his brother. I have been reading these comments I just shake my head on the cowardice of these Yoruba Ronu folks the north gave y'all a bloody nose but your cowardice cannot even let you face them nah people wey no do una anything, that's who you love to face, see how the all the Ronu idiots are trying to evade this known history, the major players were IBB,abacha even the guy who killed abiola's wife, hamza mustapha. Yet not even one single Yoruba Ronu miscreants has even dared to speak up against these guys. Haba cowardice can never be more visible than this, I shame for una, my God, I am not even igbo but the cowardice on display here is clear for all to see
the stvpid ibo ojukwu ran away to ivory coast for twelve years
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by Believeintruth: 9:21pm On Jun 13
raskymonojendor:

It's 100% true that the ibos have always been used and dumped by the Hausa/Fulani.

When Awolowo proposed to have a secession clause, it was the ibos via Azikiwe that said No.

When Ahmadu Bello threatened to pull out the north from Nigeria if his party does not form a government, it was also the ibos via Azikiwe that headed up north to form a coalition.

The 1st republic was also destroyed by majorly Ibo soldier (Zikist).

Another lie again from you has been busted. In the meeting in Lancaster England during the independence talks. The delegates from Nigeria all signed that as a precondition of independence, no boundaries of colonial Nigeria was not to be touched. Awolowo your darling daddy signed and was part of the signatories. No how is it possible that Zik overruled all the delegates who supported Awolowo on secession clause? Don't you see how foolish you appear when you lie?

Guy this lies have been busted long ago you cannot be repeating the same lies again. It makes you appear stupid.

1 Like

Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by Believeintruth: 9:22pm On Jun 13
raskymonojendor:

Attacking the messenger πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Oga be courageous enough to tell the whole people in nairaland the role Abimbola Davies played in the annulment. Stop trying to deceive Nigerians.
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by raskymonojendor: 9:25pm On Jun 13
Believeintruth:

Oga be courageous enough to tell the whole people in nairaland the role Abimbola Davies played in the annulment. Stop trying to deceive Nigerians.

This is another report from a different media house. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Read the last paragraph about who created ABN

https://www.thecable.ng/obituary-arthur-nzeribe-the-maverick-instrumental-in-annulment-of-june-12-election-dies-at-83/amp/

Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by Josephkabila12: 9:26pm On Jun 13
nedu666:

Bleep off. Who gives a Bleep what you remember or forgot. Cowards whose brothers shonekan was president yet did not help abiola. Then other two faced bastards like diya, adisa, ani, olarenwaju all worked for abacha while abiola was in prison
no wam, you ibos will pay with yours lives and properties

1 Like

Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by raskymonojendor: 9:27pm On Jun 13
Believeintruth:

Another lie again from you has been busted. In the meeting in Lancaster England during the independence talks. The delegates from Nigeria all signed that as a precondition of independence, no boundaries of colonial Nigeria was not to be touched. Awolowo your darling daddy signed and was part of the signatories. No how is it possible that Zik overruled all the delegates who supported Awolowo on secession clause? Don't you see how foolish you appear when you lie?

Guy this lies have been busted long ago you cannot be repeating the same lies again. It makes you appear stupid.
Hahahaha..

This guy and lies. Even Azikiwe in his biography gloated about how he ensured Nigeria was indivisible be ensuring the secession clause was not included in the constitution.

And thankfully, it came to bite them back in the arse as Biafria war happened not long after. grin
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by PaellaPaella: 9:28pm On Jun 13
raskymonojendor:

Guy stop trying hard to twist fact. The article you linked was to announce the death of his man. Yes he ayed a role in ABN, but the leader of that group was Authur Nzeribe. He was the brain behind every thing. And till death, he never regretted his actions.

Stop wasting your time with monthly 30K troll
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by PaellaPaella: 9:30pm On Jun 13
raskymonojendor:

Hahahaha..

This guy and lies. Even Azikiwe in his biography gloated about how he ensured Nigeria was indivisible be ensuring the secession clause was not included in the constitution.

And thankfully, it came to bite them back in the arse as Biafria war happened not long after. grin

Childish rants as usual, go and help your mother in the kitchen grin grin
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by raskymonojendor: 9:32pm On Jun 13
Nigeria has no secession clause because of the Nnamdi Azikiwe.Β The idea for a secession clause was mooted by Chief Obafemi Awolowo in 1954 during the Lagos Constitutional Conference, but Nnamdi Azikiwe rejected it and galvanised a majority of the conference attendees to kill the idea.Β 

After this was rejected, Chief Awolowo again wrote to the then Governor General of Nigeria, who rejected the clause because the majority, led by Nnamdi Azikiwe, were not in support of it.Β 

It was because of Nnamdi Azikiwe that section 86 was inserted into our constitution with the proviso that if any region should secede, it would be an act of treason.Β 

Nnamdi Azikiwe himself wrote about this in an essay, which was published by the New Nigerian Newspapers in 1975 and has since been republished by other papers and by Mr Azikiwe himself.Β 

Were it not for Azikiwe, Biafra would have had the legal right to secede.

Well they tried to secede a few years later and 3 million SE paid the supreme price for Azikiwe Ojukwu's foolishness.

cheesy
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by Believeintruth: 9:45pm On Jun 13
raskymonojendor:

Hahahaha..

See bros go and read the book titled the end of an empire you will see Lancaster meeting notes. Your problem is you are not ready to research only to talk rubbish. I ask you again how is it possible that one man could overrule every other person who supported secession clause? You have not answered this question rather you have been dodging. You don't know how to lie my friend.
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by Believeintruth: 9:46pm On Jun 13
raskymonojendor:

This is another report from a different media house. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Read the last paragraph about who created ABN

https://www.thecable.ng/obituary-arthur-nzeribe-the-maverick-instrumental-in-annulment-of-june-12-election-dies-at-83/amp/

Guy stop dodging. Tell us with your full chest the role Abimbola Davies played in the annulment of June 12 why are you afraid of saying it? You clearly have something to hide, but you have met your match because I will not stop asking you to tell us the role Abimbola Davies played in the annulment of June 12? I am waiting.
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by Believeintruth: 9:53pm On Jun 13
Josephkabila12:
no wam, you ibos will pay with yours lives and properties

Perhaps you want to tell the DSS this statement of yours. You guys don't know the danger you put yourselves into with threats like this. Do you think there are no DSS agents with monikers on nairaland vetting posts like yours?
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by Believeintruth: 9:55pm On Jun 13
PaellaPaella:

The guy you are quoting is the main 30k troll that lives to troll igbos for sport. I have asked him repeatedly whose law suit was used to annul June 12 because Nzerib's law suit was to prevent the election from holding. Abimbola Davies on the other hand petitioned the high court to annul the elections and stop further announcement of the results. Justice Dahiru Saleh agreed. It was on this ruling that IBB annulled June 12 not Nzeribe's law suit.
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by raskymonojendor: 9:58pm On Jun 13
PaellaPaella:

Believeintruth:

The guy you are quoting is the main 30k troll that lives to troll igbos for sport. I have asked him repeatedly whose law suit was used to annul June 12 because Nzerib's law suit was to prevent the election from holding. Abimbola Davies on the other hand petitioned the high court to annul the elections and stop further announcement of the results. Justice Dahiru Saleh agreed. It was on this ruling that IBB annulled June 12 not Nzeribe's law suit.
You ibos and projecting your poverty on others all because of an argument. That's how much I am getting paid as biweekly wage tomorrow grin

I am very comfortable and don't need your 30,000 naira. Mtchew

It's in USD for your information.
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by raskymonojendor: 9:59pm On Jun 13
Believeintruth:

See bros go and read the book titled the end of an empire you will see Lancaster meeting notes. Your problem is you are not ready to research only to talk rubbish. I ask you again how is it possible that one man could overrule every other person who supported secession clause? You have not answered this question rather you have been dodging. You don't know how to lie my friend.
Sharap.

This is Azikiwe hi.self talking about how he ensured that the secession clause wasn't included in the constitution.

https://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2017/06/25/my-opposition-to-secession-zik/
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by Believeintruth: 10:00pm On Jun 13
raskymonojendor:
Nigeria has no secession clause because of the Nnamdi Azikiwe.Β The idea for a secession clause was mooted by Chief Obafemi Awolowo in 1954 during the Lagos Constitutional Conference, but Nnamdi Azikiwe rejected it and galvanised a majority of the conference attendees to kill the idea.Β 

After this was rejected, Chief Awolowo again wrote to the then Governor General of Nigeria, who rejected the clause because the majority, led by Nnamdi Azikiwe, were not in support of it.Β 

It was because of Nnamdi Azikiwe that section 86 was inserted into our constitution with the proviso that if any region should secede, it would be an act of treason.Β 

Nnamdi Azikiwe himself wrote about this in an essay, which was published by the New Nigerian Newspapers in 1975 and has since been republished by other papers and by Mr Azikiwe himself.Β 

Were it not for Azikiwe, Biafra would have had the legal right to secede.

Well they tried to secede a few years later and 3 million SE paid the supreme price for Azikiwe Ojukwu's foolishness.

cheesy

Go and read the book The end of an empire, you will see the Lancaster meeting notes where all delegates signed as a precondition for independence that the borders of colonial Nigeria must not be touched. Awolowo was a signatory too. Again the question that most of you cannot reply is this, how can only Azikiwe overrule all the delegates who supported the secession clause since they were the majority? Once again you don't know how to lie my friend.
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by Believeintruth: 10:01pm On Jun 13
raskymonojendor:

Sharap.

This is Azikiwe hi.self talking about how he ensured that the secession clause wasn't included in the constitution.

https://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2017/06/25/my-opposition-to-secession-zik/

Go and read the book "End of an Empire" naaaaa stop trying to be smart it is too hard for you, because you are not.
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by raskymonojendor: 10:01pm On Jun 13
Believeintruth:

Go and read the book The end of an empire, you will see the Lancaster meeting notes where all delegates signed as a precondition for independence that the borders of colonial Nigeria must not be touched. Awolowo was a signatory too. Again the question that most of you cannot reply is this, how can only Azikiwe overrule all the delegates who supported the secession clause since they were the majority? Once again you don't know how to lie my friend.

Here from the horses mouth himself.

https://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2017/06/25/my-opposition-to-secession-zik/#google_vignette
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by Believeintruth: 10:02pm On Jun 13
raskymonojendor:

You ibos and projecting your poverty on people. That's how much I am getting paid as biweekly wage tomorrow grin

I am very comfortable and don't need your 30,000 naira. Mtchew

It's in USD for your information.

Then why are you wasting away being a troll on nairaland. Or are you one of those guys in the US using this to be rewarded with govt appointment in Nigeria so that you can live the soft life as you are struggling with the hard work life in the US.
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by raskymonojendor: 10:04pm On Jun 13
Believeintruth:

Then why are you wasting away being a troll on nairaland. Or are you one of those guys in the US using this to be rewarded with govt appointment in Nigeria so that you can live the soft life as you are struggling with the hard work life in the US.
Do you see FGN written anywhere on my payslip?
For me to be having the discussion with you despite being at work should tell you I live a very soft life even at work. Lol current time here is 3.04 pm

You think na everybody dey collect money per post like you Obidients. πŸ˜‚
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by Believeintruth: 10:04pm On Jun 13
raskymonojendor:

Here from the horses mouth himself.

https://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2017/06/25/my-opposition-to-secession-zik/#google_vignette

Oga you have still not answered my question Zik definitely had his opposition to secession no doubt, but how can one man overrule people who were in the majority that supported secession? You have not answered that question, only trying to dribble your way out, but this one you have failed.
Zik is entitled to his opinions, but there was no way he would only prevail and overrule others who were in the majority.
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by Believeintruth: 10:06pm On Jun 13
raskymonojendor:

Do you see FGN written anywhere on my payslip?
For me to be having the discussion with you despite being at work should tell you I live a very soft life even at work. Lol current time here is 3.04 pm

You think na everybody dey collect money per post like you Obidients. πŸ˜‚

Again you are not a s.art person at all. Clearly you are just a hustler in the US living off scraps that is why this trolling is lucrative for you because that is the only way you can come back and get govt appointment as reward for your hardworking in scattering Nigeria.
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by raskymonojendor: 10:07pm On Jun 13
Believeintruth:

Oga you have still not answered my question Zik definitely had his opposition to secession no doubt, but how can one man overrule people who were in the majority that supported secession? You have not answered that question, only trying to dribble your way out, but this one you have failed.
Zik is entitled to his opinions, but there was no way he would only prevail and overrule others who were in the majority.
Since you are too lazy to read, I will post it here.

When the 1954 constitution conference started, my good friend, Chief Obafemi Awolowo tabled a motion to the effect that in the new constitution, provision should be made that any state which feels like seceding should do so. I was opposed to it and said β€˜no’ and said that once we have a federation, we are indivisible and perpetual.

That was when we began to use that expression – β€˜The Indivisibility and perpetuity of the federation’ – and that to secede would amount to treason. And so, a debate ensued.

The Secretary of State then was Oliver Littleton, later Lord Chandos and he was very much interested and that was his first time in saying that the people of African descent were people actually debating at a high level.

So a full day was given to Chief Awolowo to make his points. He spoke brilliantly as a lawyer. He made his points why secession should be incorporated in the constitution. He cited the case of the Soviet Union which is a federation, and that secession is written there so that any state in the Soviet Union can secede at will. He also cited the case of Western Australia and eventually he finished his case and was applauded.

Lord Chandos said that on the face of the arguments before him it would be suicidal to incorporate secession in our constitution and that is why we have section 86 in our constitution that if any region or state should secede, then it will be an act of treason.

We adjourned. The next day, I had to reply. I availed myself of the opportunity to, well, demolish the arguments of my friend and I cited the case of United States which based its constitution on that of the Swiss Confederation. That is Switzerland. I pointed out a case, I think, that of Texas versus White, where Mr. Salmon Chase, the Chief Justice laid down the principle – he was really an arbiter – that the union was intended to be perpetual and indivisible and that any attempt to divide the union by secession was treasonable.
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by raskymonojendor: 10:09pm On Jun 13
Believeintruth:

Again you are not a s.art person at all. Clearly you are just a hustler in the US living off scraps that is why this trolling is lucrative for you because that is the only way you can come back and get govt appointment as reward for your hardworking in scattering Nigeria.
LMAO.
I can smell the anger and bitterness in you from several thousands of miles away.

It's no longer 30k per month but a bitter hustler.
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by Believeintruth: 10:10pm On Jun 13
raskymonojendor:

Since you are too lazy to read, I will post it here.

When the 1954 constitution conference started, my good friend, Chief Obafemi Awolowo tabled a motion to the effect that in the new constitution, provision should be made that any state which feels like seceding should do so. I was opposed to it and said β€˜no’ and said that once we have a federation, we are indivisible and perpetual.

That was when we began to use that expression – β€˜The Indivisibility and perpetuity of the federation’ – and that to secede would amount to treason. And so, a debate ensued.

The Secretary of State then was Oliver Littleton, later Lord Chandos and he was very much interested and that was his first time in saying that the people of African descent were people actually debating at a high level.

So a full day was given to Chief Awolowo to make his points. He spoke brilliantly as a lawyer. He made his points why secession should be incorporated in the constitution. He cited the case of the Soviet Union which is a federation, and that secession is written there so that any state in the Soviet Union can secede at will. He also cited the case of Western Australia and eventually he finished his case and was applauded.

Lord Chandos said that on the face of the arguments before him it would be suicidal to incorporate secession in our constitution and that is why we have section 86 in our constitution that if any region or state should secede, then it will be an act of treason.

We adjourned. The next day, I had to reply. I availed myself of the opportunity to, well, demolish the arguments of my friend and I cited the case of United States which based its constitution on that of the Swiss Confederation. That is Switzerland. I pointed out a case, I think, that of Texas versus White, where Mr. Salmon Chase, the Chief Justice laid down the principle – he was really an arbiter – that the union was intended to be perpetual and indivisible and that any attempt to divide the union by secession was treasonable.

Chai you don't have sense. What Zik just said was him voicing out his opinions against secession which Awolowo also did in support of secession. This your write up doesn't say whether or not the British put the debate up for a vote or whether the British said yes let us follow Zik's word against secession.
That is why I am asking you again how is it possible that one man overruled a the delegates who supported secession? You still have not answered that question.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Afenifere Leaders Fight Dirty / NERC Directs Discos To Increase Tariff From April 1 / Ugwuanyi's Telephone Line Hacked By Fraudsters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.