Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,807 members, 7,872,684 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 07:43 PM

Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election (21495 Views)

Dahiru Saleh Is Dead! Judge Who Annulled June 12 Election Dies / How June 12, 1993 Election Was Annulled - Prof. Humphrey Nwosu (Video) / Professor Humphrey Nwosu's Account Of The Annulment Of The June 12 1993 Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by PaellaPaella: 7:22pm On Jun 13
nedu666:

And your brother shonekan that was president before abacha was what.... I guess a brave man. Shonekan had all the opportunity to install abiola, the did nothing. When abacha became president, guess who was no 2. Another Yoruba man called diya. Other Yorubas in abacha govt includes adisa, ani, olarenwaju etc

You know those cowards well well, they never blame their brother who was installed in place of Abiola, fear those cowards and traitors, i pity people who don't know them, very evil and deceitful people
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by cjrane: 7:23pm On Jun 13
Noneroone:

https://pmexpressng.com/democracy-day-2024-prof-humphrey-nwosu-the-architect-of-nigerians-june-12-election-1993/

Prof Humphrey Nwosu, Justice Adolphus Kabiri Whyte was when high-quality men of integrity were in positions of trust in Nigeria.

May God give Nigeria upright and fearless men like Prof Humphrey Nwosu and Justice Karibi Whyte again. Imagine that Prof. Nwosu was appointed by Gen. Babangida, yet he stood by the wishes of the people and no amount of threat to his life or money could make him subvert the people's will! Just compare that for a minute to the current money-hungry Mahmood Yakubu who has been falsifying election results since 2019! And the man before Yakubu, one Max Iwu was also just interested in whoever would pay him to announce whatever they wanted him to say. I feel sorry for how catastrophically Nigeria has fallen from grace!

Fortunately, Jagaban is ensuring that Buhari's legacy of destroying every institution in Nigeria through appointing crooks is maximally achieved.

I dobale for my Oga Jagaban joor! Let him finish Nigeria kpatakpata!
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by oskopy: 7:29pm On Jun 13
I have said this before, and I'm saying it again.nigeria cannot be good until they are tender apology to Igbos.
Igbo man has been the one building this country from scratch.
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by Konquest: 7:32pm On Jun 13
nedu666:

If he failed to announce the winner of the election, how did abiola conclude that he won the election
The results were already out there in the public domain right from the polling unit results. Professor Humphrey Nwosu was ONLY expected to announce the results officially. Even the American and European observers acknowledged in that 1993 and beyond the MKO Abiola won the election. It was the Option A4 election voting method that we used then where everybody openly queued up behind the ballot boxes before thumbprinting the ballot papers.

Looking back, I do NOT blame him too much for not being bold to announce that result at that time because the military guys would have found a way to get arrest him on trumped up charges and then eliminate him like they did to others such as Dele Giwa in 1986 via a letter bomb delivered to his off Allen Avenue, Ikeja residence.

The fact is that MKO Abiola despite the gruesome assassination of one of his wives, and the destruction of his businesses and investments, finally got through former President Muhammed Buhari, a posthumous GCFR title acknowledging that he won the June 12, 1993 elections and should have been declared the Nigerian President alongside his Deputy from Borno State, Ambassador Babagana Kingibe. General Ibrahim Babangida whose dictatorial military junta annulled that 1993 election is NOW using a on a wheelchair with near-incapacitation. This emphasizes the ephemeral nature of life.
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by kikake: 7:33pm On Jun 13
Noneroone:

https://pmexpressng.com/democracy-day-2024-prof-humphrey-nwosu-the-architect-of-nigerians-june-12-election-1993/

Humphrey Nwosu's daring of the military junta aside, Dr Alex Ekwueme formed the G33 that fought Abacha junta legally, and eventually inherited return to democracy in 1999. PDP formed from G33.

Olusegun Obasanjo was released from prison by Gen Abdusalam Abubakar military govt.
Obasanjo was "appointed " president ahead of Ekwueme.

In 2023, Bola Tinubu said its his turn, not the turn of the SE zone. Reasonable Nigerians disagreed with Tinubu with their votes.
But Mahmood Yakubu bent down to lick his vomit after swearing that no other method except electronic transmission of vote results would be used for the general elections of 2023.
Mahmood appointed Tinubu as winner. Judges mostly appointed by the ruling APC government did not question Yakubu why he did not temporarily stop transmission and collation of vote results until the so-called glitch on the system is repaired, and resume transmission and collation of vote results. The rest is history. Nigeria's people were thrown into worse hardship.

1 Like

Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 7:37pm On Jun 13
Josephkabila12:
why are you ibos just too stvpid and f00lish, nwosu the stvpid ibo is the hero now according to you ibos Well we will never forget June 12 when Chief MKO ABIOLA won the presidential election. We will never forget......

Very funny, you left Babangida who dealt with you to now face Igbos that didn't do anything to you ....lols
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by Shattuck(m): 7:37pm On Jun 13
opamoses1:

Soyinka that you all abuse today stood up against Babanginda and Abacha, even Dele Mododu, while Peter Obi was busy colluding with those military dictators to loot money.
the same tinubu you praise today sold MKO he was busy lobbying to be part of abacha's govt
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by PaellaPaella: 7:42pm On Jun 13
Konquest:

The results were already out there in the public domain right from the polling unit results. Professor Humphrey Nwosu was ONLY expected to announce the results officially. Even the American and European observers acknowledged in that 1993 and beyond the MKO Abiola won the election. It was the Option A4 election voting method that we used then where everybody openly queued up behind the ballot boxes before thumbprinting the ballot papers.

Looking back, I do NOT blame him too much for not being bold to announce that result at that time because the military guys would have found a way to get arrest him on trumped up charges and then eliminate him like they did to others such as Dele Giwa in 1986 via a letter bomb delivered to his off Allen Avenue, Ikeja residence.

The fact is that MKO Abiola despite the gruesome assassination of one of his wives, and the destruction of his businesses and investments, finally got through former President Muhammed Buhari, a posthumous GCFR title acknowledging that he won the June 12, 1993 elections and should have been declared the Nigerian President alongside his Deputy from Borno State, Ambassador Babagana Kingibe. General Ibrahim Babangida whose dictatorial military junta annulled that 1993 election is NOW using a on a wheelchair with near-incapacitation. This emphasizes the ephemeral nature of life.

Historian, I'm glad you acknowledged he would have been killed if he has done otherwise, can we stop blaming him now? Igbos are not the problems of Nigeria current state, we all know the problem, let's continue to beat around the bushes
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by Zubeezanga(m): 7:44pm On Jun 13
EmperorCaesar:
Greatest Coward in our history

A malevolent being

See u calling a recognized human coward, ur father was much a nobody that u had to adopt ceasar as a mentor, what happened to your linage no human their or are a destitute? My family never brought me up as a hater of any tribe, but ever since i encountered nl i am beginning to detest u yoruba's i have not seen such vile and jealousy filled skunk of a soul, no wonder lamido said things about who are really the tribal bigots when yoruba's chased out other non yorubas from voting, una no no say na trap this last elections be and the so called smart ppl fell for it, una go hear am just chill, mey the drama dy unfold.

1 Like

Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by Shattuck(m): 7:45pm On Jun 13
opamoses1:

Soyinka that you all abuse today stood up against Babanginda and Abacha, even Dele Mododu, while Peter Obi was busy colluding with those military dictators to loot money.
and your tinubu was begging abacha for appointment.
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by Konquest: 7:48pm On Jun 13
nedu666:

And your brother shonekan that was president before abacha was what.... I guess a brave man. Shonekan had all the opportunity to install abiola, the did nothing. When abacha became president, guess who was no 2. Another Yoruba man called diya. Other Yorubas in abacha govt includes adisa, ani, olarenwaju etc
Chief Ernest Sonekan couldn't have declared MKO Abiola the duely elected President because Sani Abacha was deliberately left behind in that INTERIM GOVERMENT by General Ibrahim Babangida to oversee the goings-on in that INTERIM GOVERMENT.

Small wonder, he quickly moved in and shoved Chief Ernest Sonekan aside and fully took over power while giving people the impression that he was going to hand over to MKO Abiola. This is the main REASON why some democrats in the struggle were deceived and decided to join his goverment with the intention to work from within to effect the changes that would lead to MKO Abiola being sworn in. It was a painfully naive thinking on the part of some pro-democrats like Alhaji Abdulaleef Jakande, Ebenezar Babatope, Olu Onagoruwa (whose son was assassinated in Lagos after he resigned from Abacha's military government as the Attorney General of the Federation), and more because it was a new situation that some had NEVER experienced before but for those of us who knew how the military dictators in Latin America and around the world behaved, it was CLEAR that Sani Abacha had NO intentions of ever handing over to MKO Abiola and that is exactly what happened.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by confusedlady(f): 7:52pm On Jun 13
Noneroone:

Lol.... grin

Other Ibos should also be honoured as heroes of June 12 election....
Heroes like...

1. Uche Chukwumerije.
2. Walter Ofonagoro.
3. Arthur Nzeribe.
4. Daniel Kanu.
5. Odumegwu Ojukwu.
6. Clement Akpamgbo .

Heroes indeed...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by okoroemeka(m): 7:52pm On Jun 13
Goodvibes007:

Man was a coward that year.
do you think it is normal democratic government?the military is in charge and they have a hidden agenda to continue ruling,, actually he was seized when he went for a coffee break during the announcement,will he fight army men holding guns and koboko?I don't see any reason to call him a coward,he really tried to even try to announce the results because he knows the oga don't want that
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by Peejayz: 8:03pm On Jun 13
ZekeYeager:
Wole Soyinka did so from the comfort of abroad. All of the members of NADECO were based abroad, including a certain druggie criminal (later to become President of Nigeria) who was pretending to be fighting for Abiola while secretly connecting to the Abacha regime.

same wole soyinka that was imprisoned at some point??

2 Likes

Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by integrity16(m): 8:14pm On Jun 13
Where is he now??
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by Believeintruth: 8:15pm On Jun 13
raskymonojendor:
Name of Author of article:

It took Prof Henry Nwosu only 15 years to declare that MKO was the winner of the Election. He gave the military reasons to cancel the election.

At this rate, you would also call for Arthur Nzeribe of (A leader of the Association for Better Nigeria, ABN) to be honoured. grin

Oga Arthur Nzeribe's lawsuit was trashed before the election. The suit that IBB used to annul the election was from Abimbola Davies a Yoruba man which was presided over by Justice Saleh. Make una fear God and stop the lies.

1 Like

Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by Believeintruth: 8:16pm On Jun 13
confusedlady:

Lol.... grin

Heroes like...

1. Uche Chukwumerije.
2. Walter Ofonagoro.
3. Arthur Nzeribe.
4. Daniel Kanu.
5. Odumegwu Ojukwu.
6. Clement Akpamgbo .

Heroes indeed...

So Humphrey Nwosu who conducted a free and fair election was not a hero. Oga go and have sense.
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by raskymonojendor: 8:22pm On Jun 13
Believeintruth:

Oga Arthur Nzeribe's lawsuit was trashed before the election. The suit that IBB used to annul the election was from Abimbola Davies a Yoruba man which was presided over by Justice Saleh. Make una fear God and stop the lies.
ABN was controlled by Authur Nzeribe. Nzeribe recruited An Hausa man (Haliru Akilu) and one Yoruba (Abimbola Davis) to make it look like wazobia.

Ibos have been using gbajue and gaslighting for a while.

1 Like

Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by Believeintruth: 8:25pm On Jun 13
raskymonojendor:

Abn is owned and operated by Author Nzeribe. Nzeribe recruited An Hausa man and one abimbola Davis to make it look like wazobia.
Ibos have been using gbajue and gaslighting for a while.

No one is talking about the ownership, stop being a wise arse. Whose petition did Justice Dahiru Saleh use as a precedence for IBB to annul June 12? It was Abimbola Davies Petition, it was a Yoruba man's petition that was used to annul June 12.

2 Likes

Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by raskymonojendor: 8:27pm On Jun 13
Believeintruth:

No one is talking about the ownership, stop being a wise arse. Whose petition did Justice Dahiru Saleh use as a precedence for IBB to annul June 12? It was Abimbola Davies Petition, it was a Yoruba man's petition that was used to annul June 12.
Sharap. Abimbola fled the country after exposing Nzeribe. Perhaps you think some of us are Indomie generation that you can deceive and gaslight.

In a 2018 article, Dele Momodu who is regarded as one of Abiolaโ€™s confidants revealed that Davies later dumped the group and fled the country after addressing a press conference renouncing his membership of ABN and exposing some of its activities.

1 Like

Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by raskymonojendor: 8:33pm On Jun 13
confusedlady:

Lol.... grin

Heroes like...

1. Uche Chukwumerije.
2. Walter Ofonagoro.
3. Arthur Nzeribe.
4. Daniel Kanu.
5. Odumegwu Ojukwu.
6. Clement Akpamgbo .

Heroes indeed...
๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by Shattuck(m): 8:33pm On Jun 13
Josephkabila12:
why are you ibos just too stvpid and f00lish, nwosu the stvpid ibo is the hero now according to you ibos Well we will never forget June 12 when Chief MKO ABIOLA won the presidential election. We will never forget......
you will never forget June 12? That's good, never forget that it was IBB a Northerner who cancelled the election, it was abacha another northerner who jailed MKO Ernest shonekan a Yoruba man took over power yet he did nothing for his brother. I have been reading these comments I just shake my head on the cowardice of these Yoruba Ronu folks the north gave y'all a bloody nose but your cowardice cannot even let you face them nah people wey no do una anything, that's who you love to face, see how the all the Ronu idiots are trying to evade this known history, the major players were IBB,abacha even the guy who killed abiola's wife, hamza mustapha. Yet not even one single Yoruba Ronu miscreants has even dared to speak up against these guys. Haba cowardice can never be more visible than this, I shame for una, my God, I am not even igbo but the cowardice on display here is clear for all to see

1 Like

Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by confusedlady(f): 8:34pm On Jun 13
Believeintruth:

So Humphrey Nwosu who conducted a free and fair election was not a hero. Oga go and have sense.

It is obvious that your comprehension of the word,"hero" is totally different from mine....

1 Like

Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by Charly68: 8:36pm On Jun 13
Very inteligent Prof,he did good job but Babangida used his greed and selfishness to rubbish the excellent job the man did . In fact that man will regret his action till grave. He was part of our problem in this country . The annulment of the best election caused us ten years setback in Nigeria . Their children will eat from the seed of their wickedness sooner or later
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by raskymonojendor: 8:42pm On Jun 13
Shattuck:
you will never forget June 12? That's good, never forget that it was IBB a Northerner who cancelled the election, it was abacha another northerner who jailed MKO Ernest shonekan a Yoruba man took over power yet he did nothing for his brother. I have been reading these comments I just shake my head on the cowardice of these Yoruba Ronu folks the north gave y'all a bloody nose but your cowardice cannot even let you face them nah people wey no do una anything, that's who you love to face, see how the all the Ronu idiots are trying to evade this known history, the major players were IBB,abacha even the guy who killed abiola's wife, hamza mustapha. Yet not even one single Yoruba Ronu miscreants has even dared to speak up against these guys. Haba cowardice can never be more visible than this, I shame for una, my God, I am not even igbo but the cowardice on display here is clear for all to see
Ibos always playing second fiddle to the Hausa/Fulani. They are willing tool for the Hausa/Fulani to do dirty jobs since the 1950s. When it backfires later on, they try to act like the victim, like we are seeing on this topic. If not for the ibos, This country should have been broken into atleast 3 region by now.

1960 Azikiwe Saurdana (Outsmarted Zik and gave him a ceremonial president position) - Fulani/ibo

1979: Shagari/Ekwueme - Fulani/Ibo

1993: Tofa/Ugo - Fulani/Ibo

2003: Buhari/Okadigbo - Fulani/Ibo

2007: Buhari/Ezeoke - Fulani/Ibo

2019: Atiku/Peter Obi - Fulani/Ibo

Cowardice but they beat the Biafrian rebels black and blue after they dared step into Ore, not after the rebels took the midwest under 24 hours ๐Ÿ˜‚

Cowardice but they have produced 2 presidents and one VP since 1999.

The jokes write themselves indeed.
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 9:03pm On Jun 13
His failed his generation and his reputation.
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by Believeintruth: 9:06pm On Jun 13
raskymonojendor:

Sharap. Abimbola fled the country after exposing Nzeribe. Perhaps you think some of us are Indomie generation that you can deceive and gaslight.

In a 2018 article, Dele Momodu who is regarded as one of Abiolaโ€™s confidants revealed that Davies later dumped the group and fled the country after addressing a press conference renouncing his membership of ABN and exposing some of its activities.

Why do you people love to spread lies. Nzeribe requested that the elections should not hold and he went to court. But the courts over ruled him. In June 20th 1993 Abimbola Davies petitioned the high court in Abuja to annul the election results. The presiding judge Justice Dahiru Saleh ruled in his favor. Based on this IBB annulled the election.

https://gazettengr.com/obituary-ibb-associate-abimbola-davis-who-instigated-june-12-election-annulment-is-dead/

If you must know Abimbola Davies is dead.
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by raskymonojendor: 9:07pm On Jun 13
Believeintruth:

Why do you people love to spread lies. Nzeribe requested that the elections should not hold and he went to court. But the courts over ruled him. In June 20th 1993 Abimbola Davies petitioned the high court in Abuja to annul the election results. The presiding judge Justice Dahiru Saleh ruled in his favor. Based on this IBB annulled the election.

https://gazettengr.com/obituary-ibb-associate-abimbola-davis-who-instigated-june-12-election-annulment-is-dead/

If you must know Abimbola Davies is dead.
And who was the leader of ABN that Davis worked for?

Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by Believeintruth: 9:07pm On Jun 13
raskymonojendor:

Ibos always playing second fiddle to the Hausa/Fulani. They are willing tool for the Hausa/Fulani to do dirty jobs since the 1950s. When it backfires later on, they try to act like the victim, like we are seeing on this topic. If not for the ibos, This country should have been broken into atleast 3 region by now.

Cowardice but they beat the Biafrian rebels black and blue after they dared step into Ore, not after the rebels took the midwest under 24 hours ๐Ÿ˜‚

Cowardice but they have produced 2 presidents and one VP since 1999.

The jokes write themselves indeed.

Until one day you are arrested for dog whistling against an entire tribe you will have sense. You think you cannot be tracked abi very soon
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by raskymonojendor: 9:08pm On Jun 13
Believeintruth:

Until one day you are arrested for dog whistling against an entire tribe you will have sense. You think you cannot be tracked abi very soon
Which stupid dog whistle. The truth is bitter. Isn't?
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by Believeintruth: 9:09pm On Jun 13
raskymonojendor:

And who was the leader of ABN that Davis worked for?

You still don't get it. Nzeribe petition was to make sure election doesn't hold which was struck out by the court. Rather it was Abimbola Davies suit that was accepted. And he did not petition on behalf of ABN. So stop all these lies e no dey sell again.
Re: Prof Humphrey Nwosu: The Real Architect Of June 12 Election by raskymonojendor: 9:10pm On Jun 13
Believeintruth:

You still don't get it. Nzeribe petition was to make sure election doesn't hold which was struck out by the court. Rather it was Abimbola Davies suit that was accepted. And he did not petition on behalf of ABN. So stop all these lies e no dey sell again.

Authur Nzeribe. The crook did not regret his actions even till death.

Ibos trying to twist and revise history like they normally do.

Davis exposed him and fled the country after.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kaduna State Governorship Election Online Poll:Meet The Favourites / Wike Dissociates Self From Comments Made By Media Aide Alleging A Judicial Gangu / Fulani Herdsmen Kill Three Farmers In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.