Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,088 members, 7,933,647 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 10:41 AM

Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread - Food (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread (34082 Views)

Nigerian States With Fastest-Rising Food Prices In 2024 (Full List) / Let Us Cook Some Nigerian Fried Rice And Chicken / Marketers And Distributors Needed In 36 States And Fct! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by Mariangeles(f): 3:49pm On Jun 19
BluntCrazeMan:
I no just understand what is happening here.

Are trolls still doing this on Nairaland.??

I thought this type of trolling had stopped a very long time ago...

They're already getting what they deserve.
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by frankoben(m): 3:51pm On Jun 19
Great thread and such wonderful delicacies, I have never salivated so much in my whole life the way I did on this thread.

Nigeria will rise again!

2 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by Gbadespet(m): 3:52pm On Jun 19
Ekiti own no follow
We know dey chop gbegiri like that,our soup na Obe Ishapa...
i think gbegiri is for the Oyo's coz dey consume more of amala...

2 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by 1Sharon(f): 3:53pm On Jun 19
Joban2006:
Èkìtì no be gbeguri but efo and egusi soup or ìsapá soup (white hibiscus soup)

We dey chop sha

What does the white hibiscus taste like?

All nigerian soups are fundamentally the same, just different leaves.

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by Bellotelli: 4:10pm On Jun 19
BluntCrazeMan:
I need you guys to supply the following remaining pictures for me..

1. Borno
2. Enugu
3. Gombe
4. Jigawa
5. Kebbi
6. Lagos
7. Nasarawa
8. Niger
9. Osun
10. Sokoto
11. Yobe
12. Zamfara.

If the pictures here are not correct for the State it represents,, please put the better pictures..
Our special soup in Niger state is beans soup with tuwo shinkafa tongue

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by Nkpitime(m): 4:20pm On Jun 19
StreetTyga:
lol.., u mean maggots.
Big ones from decaying tree
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by 1Sharon(f): 4:24pm On Jun 19
Akenzua01:

Is egusi soup a yoruba soup? Attachees.

You guys don't have any soup jare

Are you sure you want to go down this road?

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by thatigboman: 4:28pm On Jun 19
Odidigboigbo:
How about Togo? When we were small, it was usually called Togo beans.
is togo a nigerian state? someone explained it's togo people that used to prepare it in lagos hence ewa agoyin meaning togo beans
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by Jocdon(m): 4:31pm On Jun 19
The general overseer of them all is garri and groundnut with suger and milk

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by thatigboman: 4:42pm On Jun 19
descarado:
Miyan kuka.
Never know why I never tasted this soup. Heard its very delicious from our people that did youth service in the North
miyan kuka is extremely delicious.

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by Pastoshizzy(m): 4:44pm On Jun 19
BluntCrazeMan:
Ekiti state. Gbegiri?
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by Pastoshizzy(m): 4:45pm On Jun 19
Gbadespet:
Ekiti own no follow
We know dey chop gbegiri like that,our soup na Obe Ishapa...
i think gbegiri is for the Oyo's coz dey consume more of amala...
Okun o!

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by Kyn4life: 4:48pm On Jun 19
BluntCrazeMan:
Add all the other missing States..

Edikanikong and Afang soup all the way!

2 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by Pastoshizzy(m): 4:48pm On Jun 19
BluntCrazeMan:
This post is totally ludicrous. How can you say Ogun state, Ofada sauce..Agege sauce ni. Ebiripo pẹlu ọbẹ Egunsi.

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by kkins25(m): 4:49pm On Jun 19
1Sharon:

I googled more pictures and na true oo Bayelsa people please explain

What in Tha mollusca is that?? 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by 1Sharon(f): 4:58pm On Jun 19
kkins25:

What in Tha mollusca is that?? 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

My thoughts too
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by UNNGRADUATEEE: 5:39pm On Jun 19
I'm hungry and farmishing, someone should please help me out.
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by Sunshine34(m): 5:51pm On Jun 19
You are totally wrong with this Yoruba food,
who told you
Ekiti is gbegiri,
Ondo is Ewa agonyi
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by Athemisia: 5:52pm On Jun 19
abba190:
edo state black soup grin grin grin i cant eat that i swear
Guy I'm from Delta but that Edo black soup na blast with fufu.... It is just a variation of Banga soup with the addition of blended bitter leaf.

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by MikaelJP(m): 5:59pm On Jun 19
I don't know where heard about gbegiri and Ekiti state. Gbegiri is not for Ekiti bro
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by soccerlite: 6:00pm On Jun 19
Meat fish pomo vegetable nothing more

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by descarado: 6:01pm On Jun 19
1Sharon:

I googled more pictures and na true oo Bayelsa people please explain
I will explain on their behalf.
They eat periwinkle with shell. Not only bayelsa though. Periwinkle is just like tiny snail.
So I am thinking if they can suck periwinkle out from the shell, they can also do that to snails.

I know small snails are cooked by our grannies and the water is medicinal. Sick people drink it. I don't know what it cures. I have seen ( but have forgotten the country sha) cook this snail and remove like you remove periwinkle from the shell and eat on YouTube. But I am shocked it's done in naija. That west african giant snail is extremely expensive

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by descarado: 6:06pm On Jun 19
AngelicBeing:
@ Op, l like all the soups and foods cheesy
Post one,angel, haba
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by alobright17(m): 6:08pm On Jun 19
Fisherman soup is simply the best .

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by 1Sharon(f): 6:11pm On Jun 19
descarado:

I will explain on their behalf.
They eat periwinkle with shell. Not only bayelsa though. Periwinkle is just like tiny snail.
So I am thinking if they can suck periwinkle out from the shell, they can also do that to snails.

I know small snails are cooked by our grannies and the water is medicinal. Sick people drink it. I don't know what it cures. I have seen ( but have forgotten the country sha) cook this snail and remove like you remove periwinkle from the shell and eat on YouTube. But I am shocked it's done in naija. That west african giant snail is extremely expensive

But the snail was cooked intact, so that means it wasn't properly cleaned.

When they suck it, they suck the gunk out too? 🤢

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by RhodaNelly: 6:11pm On Jun 19
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin
boxypane:
Ekiti own be like Cameron Map. grin
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by descarado: 6:17pm On Jun 19
Kyn4life:

Edikanikong and Afang soup all the way!
Afang soup to the world kiss

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Unboxing Of A 3million Naira Alcoholic Drink (pics/video) / Afang Soup In Three Easy Steps (Pictures) / The Process Of Drying Crayfish (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.