Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,163 members, 7,933,886 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 01:55 PM

Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread (34088 Views)

Nigerian States With Fastest-Rising Food Prices In 2024 (Full List) / Let Us Cook Some Nigerian Fried Rice And Chicken / Marketers And Distributors Needed In 36 States And Fct! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by Goddyrichie(m): 2:56pm On Jun 19
agadez007:
Yoruba people done steal Agoyin beans give ondo state

grin
I tire o ondo state best food is black soup and pounded yam or pupuru I no come understand this one
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by ojoisimi(m): 2:57pm On Jun 19
dangermouse:
Nice thread

How is it nice with the misinformation rampant in it?

Wetin ewa agonyin dey do for Ondo? How about Ekiti? The guy no sabi pass his region jàre

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by RoyalBlu(f): 2:57pm On Jun 19
richeeyo:

Put human meat join naa

That one na confirmed error.
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by ekitimanalways(m): 2:58pm On Jun 19
BluntCrazeMan:

Gbegiri is commonly eaten by the Yoruba people from Ibadan in Oyo State, not by Ekiti people. You are not well aware of hibiscus sabdariffa (pronounced Ishapa or isapa in Yoruba), a tangy vegetable used to make egusi soup with pounded yam. Hibiscus sabdariffa is only used in cooking, especially by Ekiti and Ondo States people.

2 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by ekitimanalways(m): 2:58pm On Jun 19
Gbegiri is commonly eaten by the Yoruba people from Ibadan in Oyo State, not by Ekiti people. You are not well aware of hibiscus sabdariffa (pronounced Ishapa or isapa in Yoruba), a tangy vegetable used to make egusi soup with pounded yam. Hibiscus sabdariffa is only used in cooking, especially by Ekiti and Ondo States people.

2 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by BluntCrazeMan: 2:58pm On Jun 19
Menemonic:
undecided

Seeing bitter lemon there no shock you na Maggie dey worry you.. 🤔
The one wey bother me, na im I ask oo..

Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by Hahjascho(m): 3:00pm On Jun 19
Akenzua01:

Is egusi soup a yoruba soup? Attachees.

You guys don't have any soup jare
Food not soup.
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by dman4mdmoon(m): 3:00pm On Jun 19
It is obvious OP doesn't know anything about Ekiti
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by BluntCrazeMan: 3:01pm On Jun 19
descarado:

Okay o. No problem.

The thread is just for fun. Don't know why people are taking it so serious.
I just dey look.

I'm learning something new here.

They don't have fun when things are light..
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by Burruchaga71(m): 3:02pm On Jun 19
The list is not complete without Anambra OHA soup.

Anambra Amaka!!

3 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by Menemonic: 3:02pm On Jun 19
BluntCrazeMan:
The one wey bother me, na im I ask oo..
😲

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by BluntCrazeMan: 3:05pm On Jun 19
Burruchaga71:
The list is not complete without Anambra OHA soup.

Anambra Amaka!!
Put the photos naa

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by galantjoe(m): 3:06pm On Jun 19
Ebonyi state has very poor nutrient

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by BluntCrazeMan: 3:06pm On Jun 19
TrustNone:
there's one nairalander I had a relationship with, her moniker is Mariangeles.
We were about to get married till the day I visited her family for the marital engagements far in one remote and interior village in south east and I saw the rubbish she cooked Omo I tear race and ended the relationship, na Calabar Man I be, we no dey carry food play oooo.
So,, what exactly are you trying to say here??

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by kakaG: 3:07pm On Jun 19
BluntCrazeMan:

For those people in Plateau...

How does the “Gwate” taste??

Delicious especially with gawta
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by ElSudani: 3:07pm On Jun 19
kodab:
I speak for southwest ↙️
Ondo- pounded yam ft eforiro
Ogun-eba ft okro
Eko- ewa agonyin
Ekiti -pounded ft egusi
Osun- cassava flavour/pounded yam ft egusi/ ego
Oyo- amala ft gbegiri/ ewedu

This is more like it.
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by Mariangeles(f): 3:08pm On Jun 19
TrustNone:
there's one nairalander I had a relationship with, her moniker is Maria.ngeles.
We were about to get married till the day I visited her family for the marital engagements far in one remote and interior village in south east and I saw the rubbish she cooked Omo I tear race and ended the relationship, na Calabar Man I be, we no dey carry food play oooo.

THE DEVIL IS A LIAR!!!

BluntCrazeMan:
So,, what exactly are you trying to say here??

Ignore the AGENT OF SATAN.
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by quinox947: 3:27pm On Jun 19
BluntCrazeMan:

For those people in Plateau...
How does the “Gwate” taste??
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by BluntCrazeMan: 3:28pm On Jun 19
Mariangeles:

THE DEVIL IS A LIAR!!!

Ignore the AGENT OF SATAN.
I no just understand what is happening here.

Are trolls still doing this on Nairaland.??

I thought this type of trolling had stopped a very long time ago...
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by TrustNone: 3:31pm On Jun 19
BluntCrazeMan:
I no just understand what is happening here.

Are trolls still doing this on Nairaland.??

I thought this type of trolling had stopped a very long time ago...
what concerns trolling with this?
I just posted foods of the people of abia and imo state and my ex girlfriend came up and started cursing me and you're talking about trolling
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by dannyspeejay(m): 3:32pm On Jun 19
Oha or Egusi
OMG
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by Trophy12: 3:33pm On Jun 19
That delta state shock me ooooo, cooked snail with shell wtf shocked

2 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by Ramirezkhay(m): 3:38pm On Jun 19
cheesy

Ekiti Gbegiri?
Waaku ni

I for no even vex if you add Pounded Yam join am

Ekiti na Better Vegetables (Worowo most preferred) with egusi or without egusi with correct Pounded Yam

grin
BluntCrazeMan:
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by Menclothing1: 3:39pm On Jun 19
Was for lagos
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by Ramirezkhay(m): 3:41pm On Jun 19
cheesy

No mind am
Me sef don vex for am lol grin

grin
demoBaba:

Disagreed, how would he say Ekiti is Gegiri Ewedu and Amala
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by Ramirezkhay(m): 3:42pm On Jun 19
cheesy

E Dy sweet forget!

Na FG 1 year khaki work carry me chop am and e sweet

grin
abba190:
edo state black soup grin grin grin i cant eat that i swear
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by topefelix799(m): 3:42pm On Jun 19
Everything about Akwa Ibom is always beautiful.
As for Edo and Delta, i rest my case. SCARY FOOD SCARY PEOPLE.
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by Ramirezkhay(m): 3:45pm On Jun 19
cheesy

No mind am!
Iyan a yun lerun re Aba!

grin
01mcfadden:
Lol
Ekiti - Gbegiri
Oyo -Efo riro?
I don’t know about others but with these two and Ondo, you’re wrong.

Oyo is known for gbegiri and ewedu with amala
Ekiti is known for worowo ( some call it rorowo) soup or egusi with pounded yam.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Unboxing Of A 3million Naira Alcoholic Drink (pics/video) / Afang Soup In Three Easy Steps (Pictures) / The Process Of Drying Crayfish (Video)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.