Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,820 members, 7,952,323 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 01:46 PM

Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread - Food (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread (34319 Views)

Nigerian States With Fastest-Rising Food Prices In 2024 (Full List) / Let Us Cook Some Nigerian Fried Rice And Chicken / Marketers And Distributors Needed In 36 States And Fct! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by Silentgroper(m): 11:38pm On Jun 19
Menemonic:
Our north where this.... 🙄

1- Dan wake..😊

2- garau garau... 😀

3- Taushe.. 😁😁🤡
garos garos . Yum yum .. that food dey bust brain..

My favorite northern food.. followed by tuwo shinkafa..

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by AkpaMgbor(m): 7:40am On Jun 20
descarado:

Haa, welcome, bros.
I have been there.
Ate ofe achala once. It was night. I don't even know how it looked like and since then, I dey dream of ofe achala. With bush meat.
That soup dey turn brain kiss

Your sister is here. Either Maria or poco.
Pocohontas??
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by aswani(m): 7:58am On Jun 20
BluntCrazeMan:
I need you guys to supply the following remaining pictures for me..

1. Borno
2. Enugu
3. Gombe
4. Jigawa
5. Kebbi
6. Lagos
7. Nasarawa
8. Niger
9. Osun
10. Sokoto
11. Yobe
12. Zamfara.

If the pictures here are not correct for the State it represents,, please put the better pictures..

Some states in the North should be assigned Tuwo Shinkafa.

Ekiti can't be gbegiri, that's for Oyo.

Ogun state will either be Ìkọ́kọrẹ́ (Ìfọ́kọrẹ́) or Lafun and Ewedu depending on being Ìjẹ̀bú or Ẹgba respectively.

Pounded yam and ẹ̀fọ́ ríro for Ondo and Ekiti state and the Ìjẹ̀ṣà people of Osun State. They can all eat it morning, afternoon and evening.

Really surprised that Lagos state has no traditional dish. The Badagry people eat a lot of fish and the Ikorodu people are Ìjẹ̀bú too so Ìkọ́kọrẹ́.

Edo state is not black soup in my opinion, Ogbono and Pounded Yam or unripe Plantain and owó Soup.
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by descarado: 8:46am On Jun 20
AkpaMgbor:

Pocohontas??
I think so or Maria. My brain can't process which one again.
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by descarado: 8:50am On Jun 20
Silentgroper:
says who .. yoruba makes egusi two ways, with veggies and without veggies .. the igbos make it in just one way, with veggies..

Egusi naturally belongs to the yoruba ..
Is igno and yoruba the only tribe in Nigeria?
Please rest. I don't engage in this nonsense.
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by Gbadespet(m): 9:40am On Jun 20
Ora o
Pastoshizzy:
Okun o!

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by ariesbull: 10:23am On Jun 20
Silentgroper:
says who .. yoruba makes egusi two ways, with veggies and without veggies .. the igbos make it in just one way, with veggies..

Egusi naturally belongs to the yoruba ..
Contrary to popular opinion, Egusi is not necessarily an original Yoruba soup, despite the distinctive style of cooking, since it is eaten by West Africans, from the Igbo tribe in Nigeria, all the way to Ghana, where it is called 'Agushie'.

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by Tinneh: 2:05pm On Jun 20
No lagos
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by Tinneh: 2:06pm On Jun 20
No lagos
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by aswani(m): 6:21pm On Jun 20
Mavor:
Banga soup is king. If you are a Nigerian not from the Niger-Delta, please have that soup at least once a year. Does wonders to you physically and mentally. grin Preferably taking with oriignal freshly pounded yam (not poundo). starch, semo or wheat. I don't recommend eba as garri has long term effects on the eye.

Nutin wey no fit follow Banga soup, I don chop am wit yam, boiled plantain, rice and even bread.

That soup na baba, I came late to it in life sha, that might be why I love it so.

Abeg I dey look for Wafi or Safi side chick please.
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by aswani(m): 7:28pm On Jun 20
kodab:
I speak for southwest ↙️
Ondo- pounded yam ft eforiro
Ogun-eba ft okro
Eko- ewa agonyin
Ekiti -pounded ft egusi
Osun- cassava flavour/pounded yam ft egusi/ ego
Oyo- amala ft gbegiri/ ewedu

No you dont speak for all Southwest. Ijẹ̀bú and Ẹgba pipo dey Ogun State with làfun, Ewedu, Ìfọ́kọrẹ́, ọjọjọ and you are talking about Eba and Okro.
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by aswani(m): 7:51pm On Jun 20
AmericanIdiot:

Yoruba soup is the worst soup
Useless people with useless soup

An outburst on a food thread for the sole reason that Peter Obi lost an election, nutin do you, you hear
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by Love800(m): 8:52pm On Jun 20
Okay. Pasta similar to spaghetti.[quote author=Menemonic post=130562998][/quote]
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by Love800(m): 8:53pm On Jun 20
Pasta. Similar to spaghetti.[quote author=Menemonic post=130562998][/quote]
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by Bukola94(m): 6:43am On Jun 21
okunwaye:
Southerners have the best foods in naija
My brother, fish,dodo,sweet potato/yam,vegetable (raw), red oil. I chop that almost every day in Rivers state. Men go like to marry southern women wey sabi cook delicious meals. I was told Hausa women wey sabi cook too dey, never meet one...
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by Bukola94(m): 6:48am On Jun 21
CapitalBank:

What is south South? They listed state but you limb everything together.

The best are people from Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Anambra and Imo when it comes to soups.

Others are just “lets manage”
Really, what of Rivers state
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by Mavor: 7:13am On Jun 21
aswani:

Nutin wey no fit follow Banga soup, I don chop am wit yam, boiled plantain, rice and even bread.

That soup na baba, I came late to it in life sha, that might be why I love it so.

Abeg I dey look for Wafi or Safi side chick please.
Side chick ke! Wife dem bro. You will never go hungry or be unhealthy because of bad food. They have a fighting spirit but they appreciate men who don't cheat and who provide as a father and a husband
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by aswani(m): 7:44am On Jun 21
Mavor:
Side chick ke! Wife dem bro. You will never go hungry or be unhealthy because of bad food. They have a fighting spirit but they appreciate men who don't cheat and who provide as a father and a husband

That "fighting spirit" thing is the problem, dose women no send even in public. Dem also get sharp mout, most of dem.

Caring though like you said once they see you are the right person.

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by Obierika(m): 4:34pm On Jun 21
BluntCrazeMan:

**Modified...

Just look at how these “I-too-know” people spoiled the whole Fun inside this thread..

See..
If some of the Photos for any of the States are Wrong,, Just Go and Find the Correct Picture and upload them..

You must not spoil the intended fun of this thread.

We need many delicious photos on this thread.
Not “I-too-know” graa-graa..
Not pointing-fingers..
Not tribal bashings...

If the Photos here are UGLY,, get sweet beautiful photos and upload them..

SPECIAL THANKS TO ALL THOSE PERSONS WHO UPLOADED PHOTOS OF DELICIOUS FOODS IN THE THREAD..

YOU GUYS ARE WONDERFUL.!!

Anambra State representing grin
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by Kamachicho: 9:10pm On Jun 26
I went to Ogun State somewhere in Ijebu for a function and one of the food served was ebiripo with egusi. I engaged of one.elderly mamas in conversation and she told me that it is one of the food of the Ijebus.

Ijebus in the house, please respond
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by Ezeeboiy: 11:49am On Jul 11
Psammmy:
I eat that soup 3 weeks ago during my visit home..Very delicous
[color=#770077][/color]
are those your kids on the profile picture sir ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Creative Design A Pregnant Woman Made With Abacha Ingredients (Photos) / How To Make Spaghetti The Right Way ( Using Spaghetti Water) / Photos: Nigerian Man Wins Spicy Food Challenge In China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.