Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,092 members, 7,933,659 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 10:53 AM

Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread - Food (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread (34083 Views)

Nigerian States With Fastest-Rising Food Prices In 2024 (Full List) / Let Us Cook Some Nigerian Fried Rice And Chicken / Marketers And Distributors Needed In 36 States And Fct! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by descarado: 6:20pm On Jun 19
1Sharon:

But the snail was cooked intact, so that means it wasn't properly cleaned.

When they suck it, they suck the gunk out too? 🤢
I no no o kiss

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by OlowoLagos(m): 6:34pm On Jun 19
AbujaLagos:
error

Ekiti own very wrong... Gbegiri also known as abula is for OYO STATE.

Efo riro with Isapa is for Ekiti state ati iyan koko felele, step down with palm wine.

2 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by Foodqueen(f): 6:47pm On Jun 19
1Sharon:

I googled more pictures and na true oo Bayelsa people please explain

Wow
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by AkpaMgbor(m): 6:53pm On Jun 19
descarado:

Are u from umuahia. This one u mentioned achara soup.
Yes I am.
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by AkpaMgbor(m): 6:54pm On Jun 19
descarado:

Are u from umuahia. This one u mentioned achara soup.
I’m actually from Ikwuano.
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by AngelicBeing: 7:04pm On Jun 19
descarado:

Post one,angel, haba
l will surprise you soon , with one of my favorite foods, be patient with me
cheesy
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by folake4u(f): 7:19pm On Jun 19
Daptboy:
You see that banga soup eh with fresh fish... Oboy e sweet pass sex..

I can relate.

If you put bush meat inside my plate, I'm in heaven. kiss

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by Athemisia: 7:26pm On Jun 19
Delta delicacy
★ Yellow and yellow correct) ✅

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by Athemisia: 7:32pm On Jun 19
Another Delta delicacies
Melon pepper soup ✅
★ Owha esha✅

Ukodo ✅

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by BluntCrazeMan: 7:47pm On Jun 19
Athemisia:
Another Delta delicacies
Melon pepper soup ✅
★ Owha esha✅

Ukodo ✅
These are the types of photos I needed to be flooding this thread..

Not all these sitt-down-deyy-type-trash commenters all over the place.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by Oloniyan(m): 7:56pm On Jun 19
@ OP that gbegiri is not ours in Ekiti o

We thrive on Iyan and obe egusi onisapa
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by Emdebby2: 8:46pm On Jun 19
Anambra...
Bitter leaf soup, Oha soup, Nsala soup na we get am.
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by Denko2721987(m): 8:55pm On Jun 19
BluntCrazeMan:

Na Zogale we the call this one for Kano that year if I am not mistaken

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by mankan2k7(m): 8:58pm On Jun 19
A great mistake. I stop taking u serious when I see Ekiti state own.
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by Silentgroper(m): 9:05pm On Jun 19
agadez007:
Yoruba people done steal Agoyin beans give ondo state

grin
Togo owns that food .. it's not from any part of Nigeria...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by Silentgroper(m): 9:07pm On Jun 19
Gbegiri ewedu amala is combination known to Oyo state .. How's that ekiti state..
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by Pinicop: 9:07pm On Jun 19
[quote author=BluntCrazeMan post=130548810]I need you guys to supply the following remaining pictures for me..

1. Borno
2. Enugu
3. Gombe
4. Jigawa
5. Kebbi
6. Lagos
7. Nasarawa
8. Niger
9. Osun
10. Sokoto
11. Yobe
12. Zamfara.

Sokoto
Hoce

Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by Silentgroper(m): 9:11pm On Jun 19
Pointblank09:
point of correction EWA Agayin is actually LAGOS food. Kindly take note and remove from Ondo state.
ewa again doesn't belong to Nigeria..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by Probz(m): 9:19pm On Jun 19
OlowoLagos:

Efo riro with Isapa is for Ekiti state ati iyan koko felele, step down with palm wine.

O yanu.
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by Love800(m): 9:41pm On Jun 19
Wetin be couscous?
Menemonic:
no be rice..
Something like couscous looks familiar..
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by AbujaLagos: 9:54pm On Jun 19
OlowoLagos:

gbayi
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by Menemonic: 9:56pm On Jun 19
Love800:
Wetin be couscous?

Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by descarado: 9:57pm On Jun 19
AkpaMgbor:

I’m actually from Ikwuano.
Haa, welcome, bros.
I have been there.
Ate ofe achala once. It was night. I don't even know how it looked like and since then, I dey dream of ofe achala. With bush meat.
That soup dey turn brain kiss

Your sister is here. Either Maria or poco.
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by agadez007(m): 10:09pm On Jun 19
Silentgroper:
Togo owns that food .. it's not from any part of Nigeria...
I thought that’s common knowledge,the Togolese in Lagos makes the best agoyin
I wonder why they are claiming it belongs to ondo
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by CapitalBank: 10:13pm On Jun 19
Wawelexy:
OP you dey bias ooo... Na only one Yoruba soup you come put...

But make we no lie... South South are still the best, talking about correct soup

What is south South? They listed state but you limb everything together.

The best are people from Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Anambra and Imo when it comes to soups.

Others are just “lets manage”

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by AmericanIdiot(m): 10:19pm On Jun 19
okunwaye:
Southerners have the best foods in naija

Yoruba soup is the worst soup
Useless people with useless soup
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by AmericanIdiot(m): 10:21pm On Jun 19
Silentgroper:
Gbegiri ewedu amala is combination known to Oyo state .. How's that ekiti state..

Anything Yoruba food is a no no abeg🤮🤮
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by Melagros(m): 10:35pm On Jun 19
BluntCrazeMan:

For those people in Plateau...

How does the “Gwate” taste??
Gwete dey sweet, that's what we used during my mum's burial

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by palsenator(m): 10:38pm On Jun 19
BluntCrazeMan:
I'm tempted to tell you to sharrapp.!!

Can't you just see that I'm still uploading the other photos.,, and that I am doing it alphabetically.??

MUST THERE BE TRIBAL BASHING ON EVERY THREAD ON THIS NAIRALAND.??

Nice work bro but in respect to Ekiti and Oyo, you are wrong.

OYO IS GBEGIRI AND EWEDU

EKITI JS EGUSI and pounded yam.

THE EFO RIRO is general for the yorubas. All this same , well done.
Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by Silentgroper(m): 11:24pm On Jun 19
AmericanIdiot:

Anything Yoruba food is a no no abeg🤮🤮
we don't giveva fvck..

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian States, And Their Special Foods -- Fun Thread by Silentgroper(m): 11:35pm On Jun 19
descarado:

Egwusi is no man's land.
All west Africa make egwusi soup. It's accepted by everybody in Nigeria so leave it as e be
says who .. yoruba makes egusi two ways, with veggies and without veggies .. the igbos make it in just one way, with veggies..

Egusi naturally belongs to the yoruba ..

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Unboxing Of A 3million Naira Alcoholic Drink (pics/video) / Afang Soup In Three Easy Steps (Pictures) / The Process Of Drying Crayfish (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.