Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,284 members, 7,881,060 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:40 AM

Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands (59775 Views)

ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic / Ali Lamine Zeine: Meet The New Prime Minister Of Niger Republic / Thousands of Afghans flee hundreds of miles across desert to escape Taliban(Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by Nteogwuija(m): 2:58pm On Jun 20
BossGerald:

Fuel is also too expensive...I want to build my own refinery in my backyard, how do I do it?? I don't want to blame the government for everything

Can I also farm rice, beans, yam, potatoes, orange, mango in my backyard??🤡🤡

This ur response dey make me happy. You just made that guy look very stupid.

2 Likes

Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by Emmabyte: 2:58pm On Jun 20
But in Nigeria being a farmer is a death sentence
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by Pray4meJC(m): 2:58pm On Jun 20
Whereas lazy Nigeria community leaders in the south are just selling away arable farmland and their community to so called Estate Agents or investors thereby pushing more farmers to go farm in long distance forest far away from any city center. What this dangerous trend means is that food prices will soar due to high cost of transporting farm produce, temporary scarcity of food owing to the sudden destruction of those small farm land by estate agents. Youths are not farming but are quick to destroy farms in the name of REAL ESTATES. This is the new trend to hide bypass money laundering traps. Nobody questions your source of wealth in Nigeria when you hide your filthy money in real estate. EFFC will look helpless.

I can't believe the small plantain farm I harvested from 100/100 last year that I processed into plantain flour is the "elubo" I dey enjoy today

1 Like

Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by Zxcvbnmghtr: 2:59pm On Jun 20
clearcrystal:

Can you feed your entire family all year round with the farm produce from your backyard?

You aren't different from Doyin Okupe who said we should start planting tomatoes in sacks and stop complain about tomatoe scarcity.

Make your conclusion.

Zxcvbnmghtr:

Don't mind them. My parents hardly go to the market to buy vegetables, they also have a mini poultry for egg laying birds, their goats are camped and don't roam about. My dad especially loves fishery, he has 3 GP tanks for that. The have even snails too. A few of these I have also emulated.

Lol 😂😂😂 they are just funny people pretending not to understand the message am passing.

1 Like

Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by franudi: 3:00pm On Jun 20
Tinubu is as useless as P in psychology.
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by Earthscience: 3:03pm On Jun 20
Zxcvbnmghtr:

A lot of people couldn't comprehend the message in my comment. If a people from which the choose who represent them in the government are themselves not productive. Unable to make the best of the little that they have, how do you expect any miracle with the people in government since the are not different from you who choose not to be productive. CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME.

It is obvious your thinking faculty could not process what I wrote vis a vis linking it up with the topic at hand hence I have seen it as a time wasting exercise engaging in logical reasoning with you.
Mark this, that 10 years time when you re-visit this thread you will be ashamed of yourself when you read through the various submissions you penciled down in the name of trying to make valid points.

Peace!!!
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by qtx(m): 3:06pm On Jun 20
BossGerald:

Credit: African Report Files

While tinubu led Apc government folds arm and watch bandits sack farmers from their farm lands, thereby causing high food inflation never seen in decades.
Yet we are renovating official residencies with billions and purchasing presidential jets. Misplaced priorities, I pity this country.

1 Like

Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by kedeojo(m): 3:06pm On Jun 20
2elliot:
No nation can develop with backyard subsistence farming practice that you APC goons are trying to push Nigerians into. If that was the case, Buhari would have had increased cattle. Nigerians are not hungry because they are all not going to farm. But they are hungry because the right things have not been don by the government.
Look at that farm in the picture. How many thousands of people it can feed, with machines and few human beings operating on them? But imagine the thousands of Nigerians it would have taken to plant that level of farm land in their various backyards with crude tools like hoe and cutlasses?
Must it be from federal government. Don't you have your state governor to provide mechanized farming. Channel this your talk to your governor cos he has been receiving monthly allocation.your state has ministry of agriculture.we can't be always blaming the FG. In the north some governors are supporting agriculture.
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by ogbonti: 3:09pm On Jun 20
EreluRoz:
You can make your post without sounding bitter

WE WILL BE BEGGING NIGER for loans very soon -- we will be japa ing to NIGER very soon and we will be giving testimony in church we got Niger Visa --- give it 10 years ona eyes go clear grin Northern Nigeria will beg to join Niger grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by Agugbadin: 3:11pm On Jun 20
This is what PMB should have done and move all the cows to the North rather than looking for grazing routes.
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by Pray4meJC(m): 3:11pm On Jun 20
BossGerald:

Fuel is also too expensive...I want to build my own refinery in my backyard, how do I do it?? I don't want to blame the government for everything

Can I also farm rice, beans, yam, potatoes, orange, mango in my backyard??🤡🤡

The number of likes to this comment tells how mentally lazy most of you nigerian youths are. I don't buy most of the stuff you all complain about on this forum. Na backyard them dey.

No be China a 9 years old boy get factory? Get rich quick syndrome, fraud, betting, illicit sex, smoking and drinking etc is what today's Nigerian youths knows about life.
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by sulaak(m): 3:14pm On Jun 20
Oxb90:
Weep not my country.

Peter Obi or someone like him will come someday to take up the steering of the Nigerian boat and we are going to rejoice then.

You do not expect something from someone who promised you nothing.

I no call anybody name.

What was PO's record on agriculture as governor of Anambra state between 2007 and 2014?
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by Zxcvbnmghtr: 3:17pm On Jun 20
Earthscience:

It is obvious your thinking faculty could not process what I wrote vis a vis linking it up with the topic at hand hence I have seen it as a time wasting exercise engaging in logical reasoning with you.
Mark this, that 10 years time when you re-visit this thread you will be ashamed of yourself when you read through the various submissions you penciled down in the name of trying to make valid points.

Peace!!!

Lol you are funny. Honestly you are. The very simple point I am making is. YOU CAN'T GIVE WHAT YOU DON'T HAVE. As simple as A,B,C. Not so hard to comprehend.
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by Bluntemperor: 3:20pm On Jun 20
lexy2014:

You said "why was he always on Tinubu...."?
But Tinubu as opposition was always on GEJ. What has changed?

Bro,I laughed in Swahili 🤣
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by rinzaugustine: 3:23pm On Jun 20
EreluRoz:
I'm sure you don't want to be unfortunate?
You are already unfortunate by advertising yourself and believing you will get husband from nairaland. The best you can get out of life is being a baby mama to a poor Agbado internet rat
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by BossGerald: 3:26pm On Jun 20
Pray4meJC:

The number of likes to this comment tells how mentally lazy most of you nigerian youths are. I don't buy most of the stuff you all complain about on this forum. Na backyard them dey.

No be China a 9 years old boy get factory? Get rich quick syndrome, fraud, betting, illicit sex, smoking and drinking etc is what today's Nigerian youths knows about life.

So you chased out Jonathan and voted in Apc to start this

Shame on you
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by BossGerald: 3:28pm On Jun 20
Khyrvxjzy:
no igbo man will be president

Go and kpai yourself
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by Greenified(m): 3:29pm On Jun 20
Usmanovic95:
Removing their president has been a blessing in disguise,things have actually taken a new turn after.Some Nigeriens I know have relocated back to their countries because the exchange rate is no longer favourable especially when they convert naira theyve earned back to their own CFA🙄

Who controls the CFA
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by BossGerald: 3:30pm On Jun 20
hmohammed:

Igbo man, your brother will never be President of Nigeria. Mark my word

What did buhari 8 wasted years benefit you?? Abi tinupoo is now favouring your people?? Are you buying fuel cheaper?

Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by Zidac: 3:31pm On Jun 20
Angelfrost:
For those of you still giving excuses for failed leadership and blaming your fellow citizens... Please, read my last posts in another thread below:} Your points are very clear however one other issue that would at large discourage individuals from going into a large scale forming as this is the persistent insecurities and inconsistent government policies.

Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by mipeesoft(m): 3:32pm On Jun 20
Good job!!! But for Nigeria here Peter Obi is the problem of apc and their miscreant supporters grin
BossGerald:

While tinubu led Apc government folds arm and watch bandits sack farmers from their farm lands, thereby causing high food inflation never seen in decades.

1 Like

Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by waziriinsurance: 3:33pm On Jun 20
God bless Nigeria, FOR ALL YOU TYPE OF INSURANCE POLICY, FROM TRAVEL INSURANCE, MOTOR INSURANCE, FIRE, BUILDING, BONDS, CONTRACTOR ALL RISK, MARINE HULL, AVAITION.ETC CONTACT 09166742366 0N WHATSAPP
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by Angelfrost(m): 3:37pm On Jun 20
Zidac:

Yeah... That's why my number one point remains tackling and resolving Insecurity.

Insecurity remains the major root cause of our food crisis today.
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by mipeesoft(m): 3:39pm On Jun 20
Nice one !!!
You won't see those apc e-rat commenting on relevant issues like, but if HE Peter Obi cough they will come out start to spew rubbish and this same woman claiming to be an elder on nairaland will not caution them. Hypocrite grin
BossGerald:

Get out of here

If you don't care for your self, many Nigerians are suffering...your bad political choices since 2015 brought us here.

No let me curse you

I won't give you that opportunity to derail this thread.

Go back to ya coven and tell them it failed

1 Like

Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by mipeesoft(m): 3:41pm On Jun 20
grin
Racoon:
Even an elder that does not respect himself will have the children playing with his testicles at the village square. Everyone must not be a zombie.
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by lapintoz: 3:43pm On Jun 20
A shame on all the northern governors and buharis cabal. I hope pbat can show them theory disgraceful scorecard
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by BossGerald: 3:43pm On Jun 20
mipeesoft:
Nice one !!!
You won't see those apc e-rat commenting on relevant issues like, but if HE Peter Obi cough they will come out start to spew rubbish and this same woman claiming to be an elder on nairaland will not caution them. Hypocrite grin

That girl has lost all her senses

1 Like

Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by spiSeyi: 3:43pm On Jun 20
Oxb90:
Weep not my country.

Peter Obi or someone like him will come someday to take up the steering of the Nigerian boat and we are going to rejoice then.

You do not expect something from someone who promised you nothing.

I no call anybody name.
Where's Anambra today undecided and don't be fooled by just a portion of Niger Republic. If Nigeria post the pictures of Lagos red & blue rail, Abuja speed train and Oyo statme Fashola Farm settlements you will think that Nigeria as arrived. I repeat this is just a propaganda from the Junta Nigerians are suffering compared to Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by Dmacqh(m): 3:45pm On Jun 20
Courtesy of Buhari
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by mipeesoft(m): 3:50pm On Jun 20
grin grin
You even get time to respond to a local man who is yet to step out of the borders of his community, now coming to tell us on nairaland that US, UK, developed their country through backyard farming
BossGerald:

Yes, US, UK even CHINA developed today by planting tomatoes and pepper in their backyard 🤡

While you're preaching for backyard pepper, shettima VP house was renovated with #21bn.

Voluntary slaves everywhere

1 Like

Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by jaszplus12(m): 3:51pm On Jun 20
BossGerald:

Did this post arise out of desire to be constructive or to castigate APC and it's following?
Ok, can you show us where you are contributing to development of this Nigeria?
Don't tell us farming is not your business.
Don't negate your own post by sighting any examples but you who say others are doing better, show us what you are also doing!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pictures Of Destructions Made In Kyiv As Russia Invade Ukraine's Capital / Queen Elizabeth II Dies, Aged 96 / Video Of Jerry Rawlings On Hospital Bed Before His Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.