Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,457 members, 7,947,846 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 09:47 AM

Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands (60585 Views)

ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic / Ali Lamine Zeine: Meet The New Prime Minister Of Niger Republic / Thousands of Afghans flee hundreds of miles across desert to escape Taliban(Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by Zxcvbnmghtr: 4:56pm On Jun 20
DCmonster:
Nonsense. It's always the demented APC minions.

Lol lazy Nigerian youth. grin
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by Justnation: 4:58pm On Jun 20
Can you believe this government assumed power almost 2 months after emilokan?.

This is the same government ecowas wanted to wage war against.

While hunger is ravaging Nigerians, and bigots are praising their tormentors,

NIGER is waxing great with these achievements just under one year :-
Now exporting crude oil
Selling their uranium at a higher price
Built a gigantic power plant
Revived agriculture and feeding the nation fat
Have not borrowed a dime
Peace in the nation, etc.
All these under one year.

But in Nigeria the opposite is the case.

With PETER OBI, we would have been doing better than Niger Republic.

THINK ON THIS ALL OF YOU SUPPORTING EVIL AND PROMOTING TRIBAL SENTIMENTS.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by Zxcvbnmghtr: 5:02pm On Jun 20
Validated:

Shouldn't we expunge government from our system, so that everyone goes about his own business. No taxes, etc?
All of you are not smart ... same things you termed evil under GEJ, have suddenly become acceptable.
That is the true definition of HYPOCRISY!!!

I don't have problem with GEJ. The man has moved on with his life while those who their sustainance of themselves and family depended on him are still finding it hard to eat today.

1 Like

Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by Oseone1: 5:04pm On Jun 20
BossGerald:

So because I be Igbo, I can't talk about the country?? Your mentality is too low

This thread is about Niger republic, you can wait when someone drops a thread about SW then you comment.

YOU'RE NOT NEEDED HERE

LOUDER please

1 Like

Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by JAYMMO: 5:05pm On Jun 20
When will Naija transform it's dangerous desert to farmland?
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by JAYMMO: 5:06pm On Jun 20
When will Naija transform it's dangerous Sambisa forest to farmland?
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by officialJP(m): 5:08pm On Jun 20
EreluRoz:
You can make your post without sounding bitter
must you sound stupid always why can't you sit down and reason for once this people I'm supporting, what they're actually doing is it good, must you be an unfortunate being always haba make una dey try reason sometimes na
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by Donext: 5:24pm On Jun 20
Naija my country my country will transform its own into church camp or banana Island grin grin
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by Funkyswagzz(m): 5:33pm On Jun 20
Zxcvbnmghtr:

You still haven't comprehend my message. Backyard farming is not exclusive farming. Infact, my mentioning backyard farming is to make people realize how so lazy we are, and how ungrateful not to use the best of all we have CREATIVELY, when compared to a people who are turning their deserts to GREEN LANDS while always putting all of the blame on the government as if those in government are not from our own selves.

Look if you know how lazy an average british kid is you won't even say nigerians are lazy. What we desperately need in this country is good governance. i'm telling you if the primary objective of a government is to provide everything necessary for life to be very easy everything will fall in line. We have a very long way to go but first they should work on our differences not just by employing different people from different region but bring up laws that will ban tribal wars or religious wars.

Nigeria is a multicultural country and we practice democracy but there are certain tough rules that need to be introduce to address some of the issues we have today. If you want the people to listen, you have to start fixing everything right from the top. We are not organised as a country and our leaders know this. Not everyone has the will to do farming but does that make us lazy? Absolutely no. There are so many people who have other obligations and there are people who are into farming.

I was expecting you to say the government should buy modern equipments for farmers or provide archers of land and employ people to farm there. As am speaking I doubt if there's any scarcity of food but cost of transportation is the major problem. Let's not get too attached to farming cos not everyone has time for farming the world keep evolving.
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by Teenaira: 5:38pm On Jun 20
Oxb90:
Weep not my country.

Peter Obi or someone like him will come someday to take up the steering of the Nigerian boat and we are going to rejoice then.

You do not expect something from someone who promised you nothing.

I no call anybody name.

Unfortunately, Peter Obi does not possess the right qualities to lead a multi ethnic and multi religious country like Nigeria. You are right, one day we will get one person that can fit into that position.
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by Amaggedon: 5:42pm On Jun 20
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Have you stopped eating lizards and frogs like your fathers during the Biafran war?! Food is not a priority to you so much that you can't even grow one yourself?!
Lizards especially monitor lizards are eaten everywhere even in yoruba land , frog also is eaten in yoruba land even shit and decomposing human flesh are also used in cooking ewedu soup in yoruba land, so its obvious national food security is not the priority of the yorubas. I'm also wondering if they have finished eating the dead bodies they are always digging out from their graves as we are hungry (ebi npa wa ) has become the national anthem of the yorubas lately. My fathers were even at war for them to eat lizards just imagine your fathers at war what would be their faith.
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by Konquest: 5:44pm On Jun 20
Bos.sGe.rald:

Niger Republic transforming its Desert to a farm land

It is neither in United Arab Emirate, nor in China but in Niger RepublicšŸ‡³šŸ‡Ŗ near Mali šŸ‡²šŸ‡± and NigeriašŸ‡³šŸ‡¬.

āœ… It's an agricultural farm of 1000 hectares equipped with an irrigation system of behind generation for the cultivation of wheat, corn, alfalfa, and fodder sorghum. African Report files learnt, is one of the gigantic projects of the private firm called Amana group in Niger Republic.

Congratulations to Amana Group and its CEO Sidi Ahmed Omar. #africanreportfiles
Africa is moving šŸ’ŖšŸ’ŖšŸ’ŖšŸ’Ŗ.

Credit: African Report Files.
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by Zxcvbnmghtr: 6:00pm On Jun 20
Funkyswagzz:

Look if know how lazy an average british kid is you won't even say nigerians are lazy. What we desperately need in this country is good governance. i'm telling you if the primary objective of a government is to provide everything necessary for life to be very easy everything will fall in line. We have a very long way to go but first they should work on our differences not just by employing different people from different region but bring up laws that will ban tribal wars or religious wars.

Nigeria is a multicultural country and we practice democracy but there certain tough rules that need to be introduce to address some of the issues we have today. If you want the people to listen you have start fixing everything right from the top. We as a country are not organised and our leaders know this. Not everyone has the will to do farm does that make us lazy absolutely no. There are so many people who have other obligations and there are people who are into farming is to far.

I was expecting you to say the government should buy modern equipments for farmers or provide archers of land and employ people to farm there. As am speaking I doubt if there's any scarcity of food but cost of transportation is the major problem. Let's not get too attached to farming cos not everyone has time for farming the world keep evolving.

I have been to the U.K, currently I travel a lot to Canada and I have been privileged to travel to many East European countries, as well as Saudi Arabia in Asia. Why am I telling you all these?! Just to let you know that I am very well exposed.

I agree with you. An average British kid is lazy, yes it's a FACT, it's same scenario in Canada too. But this doesn't apply to the kids of parents who migrated to these countries for greener pastures. Our kids are reminded of how far the have come, hence you will find Nigerian kids competing with the Indians and other migrants to top their class while their kids relax and play having no drive at all because the enjoy a sort of comfort.

Migrants are doing a lot to keep their economy. With a Nigerian in Nigeria he would rather do detrimental things against Nigeria while using excuses such as tribe to justify his wrong doings.
It's pathetic how a simple comment to make us look inwards have provoked some people so much that they can't comprehend the message.

The message is straight forward. If a people can turn their deserts to green fields and you are complaining about your government. What have yourself don for your own self with the opportunity of having a backyard which can be productive but it it left redundant. In essence, charity begins at home. It's not exclusive neither is it a limitation but a reflection of a people who are not ready to grow but love complaining and making excuses.

Mechanized farming on a large scale by the government is not a new venture in Nigeria but it keeps failing just like every other sector because of our negative attitude towards our own country.

CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME.

It's always funny how we make it seem as if those in government are not a product of our own defiencies as a society of people who are not ready to grow themselves.
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by Zxcvbnmghtr: 6:03pm On Jun 20
Amaggedon:
Lizards especially monitor lizards are eaten everywhere even in yoruba land , frog also is eaten in yoruba land even shit and decomposing human flesh are also used in cooking ewedu soup in yoruba land, so its obvious national food security is not the priority of the yorubas. I'm also wondering if they have finished eating the dead bodies they are always digging out from their graves as we are hungry (ebi npa wa ) has become the national anthem of the yorubas lately. My fathers were even at war for them to eat lizards just imagine your fathers at war what would be their faith.

So have you run out of monitor lizards and frogs?!
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by shegzee43: 6:08pm On Jun 20
2elliot:
No nation can develop with backyard subsistence farming practice that you APC goons are trying to push Nigerians into. If that was the case, Buhari would have had increased cattle. Nigerians are not hungry because they are all not going to farm. But they are hungry because the right things have not been don by the government.
Look at that farm in the picture. How many thousands of people it can feed, with machines and few human beings operating on them? But imagine the thousands of Nigerians it would have taken to plant that level of farm land in their various backyards with crude tools like hoe and cutlasses?

Don't waste your energy. Those people who support leaders with no ideas are downright brain-dead. There is nothing you want to tell them that will help their cognitive system.

1 Like

Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by Amaggedon: 6:10pm On Jun 20
Zxcvbnmghtr:

So have you run out of monitor lizards and frogs?!
So have you finished digging out and eating decomposing bodies from grave yards?
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by anonimi: 6:10pm On Jun 20
BossGerald:

Credit: African Report Files

While tinubu led Apc government folds arm and watch bandits sack farmers from their farm lands, thereby causing high food inflation never seen in decades.

How do you know that this is not propaganda by the military government of Niger Republic

May 13, 2024

Niger Coup Reversing Hard-Earned Gains

Pre-Coup Democratic Leadership

- In the decade under Issoufou and Bazoum, per capita income in Niger expanded by 26 percent.
- The World Bank had projected economic growth of 7 percent in 2023 and 12.5 percent in 2024.
- Despite global spikes in food prices, Niger had managed to keep its inflation rate at around 4 percent, the lowest in the West Africa Economic and Monetary Union.
- 2022 was Nigerā€™s first year without a single school day lost to strikes from teachers or students.

Post-Coup Military Junta

- The Nigerien junta has already missed four debt payments and has now defaulted on $519 million in debt.
- World Bank-projected economic growth in 2024 is expected to decline by 45 percent from previous estimates.
- Grain prices such as millet, sorghum, corn, and rice had all increased by more than 12 percent since the same period in 2023, with rice experiencing the highest inflation of 35 percent in the country.

https://africacenter.org/spotlight/niger-coup-reversing-hard-earned-gains/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by Zxcvbnmghtr: 6:14pm On Jun 20
Amaggedon:
So have you finished digging out and eating decomposing bodies from grave yards?

See as him change backyard to grave yard. Lol grin
Funny people.
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by Mayflowa(m): 6:15pm On Jun 20
Zxcvbnmghtr:

You lack simple comprehension.

Really So you don't know government is solely responsible for Nigeria's current food shortage? You don't know many people left their farmland due to terrorism, banditry, northern herders and kidnappers. Which one has the government try to stop or even reduce. They have congress yet cannot make simple law to keep citizen safe.

What agricultural program/mechanized farming has government enthroned? Even to engage in price control through tax waiver for company like Indomie to bring down other stable food, nothing. Do you know if a bag of rice is 30k today, every other food will crash in prices. Does the government know that economics. Rice importation will make rice less than 40k. Government said no food import but import fuel. Yet you cast aspersion on poor Nigerians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by anonimi: 6:17pm On Jun 20
2elliot:
No nation can develop with backyard subsistence farming practice that you APC goons are trying to push Nigerians into. If that was the case, Buhari would have had increased cattle. Nigerians are not hungry because they are all not going to farm. But they are hungry because the right things have not been don by the government.

Did BuhariDeens not brag about the incorruptible nature of Abachaā€™s PTF a-looter comrade because his cows were stagnant and sterile at 150 for years? Did the old soldier of IntegriThief not make a big deal of being too poor to pay for APC nomination form?

Those who voted for him twice and ThiefNuibuā€™s Emilokan turn to worsen their extreme poverty love it that way.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by Zxcvbnmghtr: 6:18pm On Jun 20
Mayflowa:

Really So you don't know government is solely responsible for Nigeria's current food shortage? You don't know many people left their farmland due to terrorism, banditry, northern herders and kidnappers. Which one has the government try to stop or even reduce. They have congress yet cannot make simple law to keep citizen safe.

What agricultural program/mechanized farming has government enthroned? Even to engage in price control through tax waiver for company like Indomie to bring down other stable food, nothing. Do you know if a bag of rice is 30k today, every other food will crash in prices. Does the government know that economics. Rice importation will make rice less than 40k. Government said no food import but import fuel. Yet you cast aspersion on poor Nigerians.

You all talk as if those in government are some kind of Aliens from some planets. You still lack the straight forward message which is you can't give what you don't have.
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by anonimi: 6:28pm On Jun 20
Mayflowa:

We donā€™t care about economics.
Is that not why Obasanjo endorsed Buhari over better performing Jonathan despite knowing that ThiefNuibuā€™s CPC expired leadership was clueless about economics?

Meanwhile, how will importing rice and other food items impact the dollar rate and foreign reserves as well as debt, unemployment and inflation plus crime

The long term key to this economic crisis is the drastic reduction in the total package of politicians, to reflect their comparative value added to the country relative to civil servants.

citizenisb:
ā€œBuhari is not a very hot person on the economy and foreign affairs,ā€ Obasanjo said.

The former President stated this on Monday at the third International Conference on African Development Issues ā€” themed, ā€œDriving inclusive and sustainable development in Africa: Models, methods and policiesā€ ā€” organised by Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State.

While reacting to a question posed to him by a member of the audience: ā€œIs there any hope for Nigeria under the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari?ā€, Obasanjo replied, ā€œIs there any hope for Nigeria under this administration? I came back from Geneva, Switzerland a few days ago to attend a conference titled, ā€˜Are elections giving democracy a bad name?ā€™ We had an election, we elected a leader and the good thing about democracy is that the power you have to elect a leader is also the power you have to remove him. I am saying this because I said earlier that if you donā€™t see any leader that has done well in the 56 years of Nigeriaā€™s independence, then let us forget about Nigeria.

ā€œI will tell you what I know and I will tell you what I donā€™t know. I know Gen. Muhammadu Buhari. He served under me in the military. His characteristics that I know, his behaviour that I know, he has not deviated from them. He was never a perfect man, he is not a perfect man and no leader can ever be a perfect man because they are human beings. But if you read my book, what I said about him is correct. He is not a hot person when it comes to economy. He is not a very hot person when it comes to foreign affairs. But he will do well in matters of military and he will do well in fighting Boko Haram.ā€

http://www.punchng.com/buhari-not-sound-economy-foreign-affairs-obasanjo/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by Amaggedon: 6:34pm On Jun 20
Zxcvbnmghtr:

See as him change backyard to grave yard. Lol grin
Funny people.
if i come for you na just to open another account . Dey show me picture of starving children during war as a point? If i show you pictures of your people when there is no war you'd wonder what would be your condition if there is to be a war in your zone . Ordinary niger is making giant stride in agriculture to curb food inflation and to attain food security for it citizen despite the sanctions, but here you are as a slowpoke trying to justify the hunger killing your people even when there is no war just to please tinubu? And what do you mean by funny people? I'm talking to you as na individual and you are talking about people, What people?
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by Mayflowa(m): 6:39pm On Jun 20
Zxcvbnmghtr:

You all talk as if those in government are some kind of Aliens from some planets. You still lack the straight forward message which is you can't give what you don't have.

Yes those in government are Alien. They are greedy demon that hold the destiny of the people. Those in government does not reflect the people we have in Nigeria. These are recycled people. They steal ballot paper, rewrite election result and put their puppet as lawyers. They kill people that antagonize them. Police don't use camera, no camera anywhere, no DNA investigation for murderers or robbers. DNA technology started over 50 years ago and we don't have it for crime investigation. But we were the 6th largest crude oil exporter. To your question again - yes they are aliens.
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by Zxcvbnmghtr: 6:40pm On Jun 20
Amaggedon:
if i come for you na just to open another account . Dey show me picture of starving children during war as a point? If i show you pictures of your people when there is no war you'd wonder what would be your condition if there is to be a war in your zone . Ordinary niger is making giant stride in agriculture to curb food inflation and to attain food security for it citizen despite the sanctions, but here you are as a slowpoke trying to justify the hunger killing your people even when there is no war just to please tinubu? And what do you mean by funny people? I'm talking to you as na individual and you are talking about people, What people?

# Bolded, but Nigerians can't even use their back yard to grow what they can eat despite being so blessed. You are are beginning to comprehend what my comment is all about. Mechanized farming on a large scale by the government is not new, their have been so many projects in the past, among the is operation feed the nation. It's not new. CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME.
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by BossGerald: 6:41pm On Jun 20
anonimi:

How do you know that this is not propaganda by the military government of Niger Republic

Niger republic no far, enter there and help us check
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by Zxcvbnmghtr: 6:43pm On Jun 20
Mayflowa:

Yes those in government are Alien. They are greedy demon that hold the destiny of the people. Those in government does not reflect the people we have in Nigeria. These are recycled people. They steal ballot paper, rewrite election result and put their puppet as lawyers. They kill people that antagonize them. Police don't use camera, no camera anywhere, no DNA investigation for murderers or robbers. DNA technology started over 50 years ago and we don't have it for crime investigation. But we were the 6th largest crude oil exporter. To your question again - yes they are aliens.

No, they are a product of a dysfunctional society which the microest institution is the home. Charity begins at home.
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by Mayflowa(m): 6:46pm On Jun 20
Zxcvbnmghtr:

No, they are a product of a dysfunctional society which the microest institution is the home. Charity begins at home.

There is dysfunctional society everywhere. People come out and change things. You find one person that will do that in any society and we have many but these Aliens will do anything to stop anyone to take up the mettle of leadership.
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by Zxcvbnmghtr: 6:48pm On Jun 20
Mayflowa:

There is dysfunctional society everywhere. People come out and change things. You find one person that will do that in any society and we have many but these Aliens will do anything to stop anyone to take up the mettle of leadership.

Because they are a reflection of most of the people in the society which they belong.
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by Fortruth: 6:54pm On Jun 20
Racoon:
This is how development comes - when you have focused, responsible and determined leadership irrespective of military or democratic pattern. Same country alongside Burkina Faso, Mali that Tinubu zombies said are landlocked depending on Nigeria for their survival. They have even former their own union alliance thereby cutting themselves from the apron strings of ECOWAS under the fraud on seat.

Now all these nations led by these young military turks have also freed their respective nations from the griphold of neo-colonists and imperialism thereby facilitating their own development. Meanwhile, the disaster they have enthroned have so much bastardized Nigeria beyond repair.

Yeah well this country has a dominant value system that allows for thisā€¦ whereas in Nigeria any revolution or uprising will soon be opposed by one entire tribal or religious blocā€¦and that fizzles out the opportunity..

Since dem talk say make we return to regional system then yes such development can happen. A leader like Gbenga Daniel or Uzodimma cannot emerge and steal from an entire region in the way they can with a quack small state where only those from there they can harassā€¦.
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by Amaggedon: 6:58pm On Jun 20
Zxcvbnmghtr:

# Bolded, but Nigerians can't even use their back yard to grow what they can eat despite being so blessed. You are are beginning to comprehend what my comment is all about. Mechanized farming on a large scale by the government is not new, their have been so many projects in the past, among the is operation feed the nation. It's not new. CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME.
So the operation feed the nation was a programme designed by individuals or government ? In the rise of food insecurity what measures has the tinubu led federal government put in place to curb it? Are dividual the ones farming grains in ukraine as to have enough to give out even in their state of war? Tell me the agricultural programme that has been put in place by tinubu or the old ones being reimplemented to curb food insecurity by tinubu? Trying to justify nonsense becsuse your tribes man is president even when your people are dieing? Are you not stupid? You think people can farm all the whole farm produce they need to survive if they are not full time farmers?
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by Zxcvbnmghtr: 7:03pm On Jun 20
Amaggedon:
So the operation feed the nation was a programme designed by individuals or government ? In the rise of food insecurity what measures has the tinubu led federal government put in place to curb it? Are dividual the ones farming grains in ukraine as to have enough to give out even in their state of war? Tell me the agricultural programme that has been put in place by tinubu or the old ones being reimplemented to curb food insecurity by tinubu? Trying to justify nonsense becsuse your tribes man is president even when your people are dieing? Are you not stupid? You think people can farm all the whole farm produce they need to survive if they are not full time farmers?

Lol you have said it all. I commend you for this comment. Honestly! You have finally comprehended my comment. It's about the Nigerian psyche from top to bottom. Thanks once again.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ukrainian Pilots Arrive In Poland To Pick Up Donated Fighter Jets / Body Of Queen Elizabeth II Leaves Balmoral For The Last Time To Edinburgh (Pics) / Gaza: Many Killed In Al-Ahli Baptist Hospital Bombing - Palestine Officials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.