Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,739 members, 7,875,853 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:25 PM

Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands - Foreign Affairs (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands (59665 Views)

ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic / Ali Lamine Zeine: Meet The New Prime Minister Of Niger Republic / Thousands of Afghans flee hundreds of miles across desert to escape Taliban(Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by YouAreNobody: 7:07pm On Jun 20
Zxcvbnmghtr:

No nation can develop with unintelligent people. Back yard farming as an example only illustrates an attitude of a people who are willingly to grow by exploiting all opportunities. That's the message being passed. It's not a limitation. Is it not the same people who are unable to be productive on a micro level that you expect to be productive on a mega level. YOU CAN'T GIVE WHAT YOU DON'T HAVE.

You're the most unintelligent and daft fellow I've seen on this forum. Haba! How can you be so bent on being foolish? Subsistence farming isn't what grows a country. How many people can backyard farms feed? How much income can it generate? You're just trying to cover up the ineptitude of the useless government you support but you're doing a miserable job at that

4 Likes

Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by BossGerald: 7:12pm On Jun 20
gabbytabby:
Raccoon you stay online chatting crap while your mate own farmland and are making millions.

Na Tinubu go organise farm for you.

You no wan join your mates and make millions??
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by gabbytabby: 7:15pm On Jun 20
I don retire na alert matter

BossGerald:

You no wan join your mates and make millions??
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by BossGerald: 7:16pm On Jun 20
gabbytabby:
I don retire na alert matter

Keep deceiving yourself
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by gabbytabby: 7:18pm On Jun 20
Whether na me dey deceive myself or you check by the wailing.

BossGerald:

Keep deceiving yourself
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by BossGerald: 7:23pm On Jun 20
gabbytabby:
Whether na me dey deceive myself or you check by the wailing.

We know BATerians are nairaland billionaires and Twitter bambialas
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by YouAreNobody: 7:26pm On Jun 20
obyno82:

Not really, the US has many nationalities living in them too.

Nationalities, not tribes. It's a very different scenario
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by Amaggedon: 7:29pm On Jun 20
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Lol you have said it all. I commend you for this comment. Honestly! You have finally comprehended my comment. It's about the Nigerian psyche from top to bottom. Thanks once again.
I asked you to mention the point you were trying to defend about tinubu's regime but you kept running from pillar to post , fooling around thinking you can use that on me ?
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by IamAsiri: 8:24pm On Jun 20
BossGerald:

Fuel is also too expensive...I want to build my own refinery in my backyard, how do I do it?? I don't want to blame the government for everything

Can I also farm rice, beans, yam, potatoes, orange, mango in my backyard??🀑🀑

You can actually farm all with the exception of rice in your backyard 😁. I learnt that beans is not really hard to farm. I am going to try it too.
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by clearcrystal: 8:32pm On Jun 20
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Don't mind them. My parents hardly go to the market to buy vegetables, they also have a mini poultry for egg laying birds, their goats are camped and don't roam about. My dad especially loves fishery, he has 3 GP tanks for that. The have even snails too. A few of these I have also emulated.

Lol πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ they are just funny people pretending not to understand the message am passing.

Are you telling me your parent eat only what they get from their farm? They don't eat rice?
The truth is that everybody don't need to engage in farming to feed. The government should encourage large-scale mechanized farming that's what they do in other countries.Farming is a big business which should be left for those who are into full time farming.

What about people living in a rented apartment in the city.
Nevertheless, it's not a bad idea to do a small scale farming if you have the time and space but that won't take us anywhere as a nation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by clearcrystal: 8:34pm On Jun 20
IamAsiri:

You can actually farm all with the exception of rice in your backyard 😁. I learnt that beans is not really hard to farm. I am going to try it too.

What are you people saying, does everyone has an acre or even a plot of land for themselves.

1 Like

Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by LOVEGINO(m): 8:46pm On Jun 20
BossGerald:

Credit: African Report Files

While tinubu led Apc government folds arm and watch bandits sack farmers from their farm lands, thereby causing high food inflation never seen in decades.
buhari is really working.
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by IamAsiri: 8:58pm On Jun 20
clearcrystal:

What are you people saying, does everyone has an acre or even a plot of land for themselves.

Obviously not! But those with a plot of land or less can still farm these crops in small quantities. That's just my point.
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by douglaschukwu: 8:59pm On Jun 20
Make we continue dey play
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by BolaAThubv(m): 9:03pm On Jun 20
EreluRoz:
You can make your post without sounding bitter
Rose, you sound like many of these Tinibu urchins disturbing the entire social media space. Are you a man or woman?
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by BossGerald: 9:09pm On Jun 20
IamAsiri:

πŸ™„
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by IamAsiri: 9:31pm On Jun 20
BossGerald:

πŸ™„

😁
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by Major7: 9:41pm On Jun 20
BossGerald:

So because I be Igbo, I can't talk about the country?? Your mentality is too low

This thread is about Niger republic, you can wait when someone drops a thread about SW then you comment.

YOU'RE NOT NEEDED HERE

Ngwa oil dey your head πŸ˜‚,I love your response. Oya now

1 Like

Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by Major7: 9:43pm On Jun 20
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Those that have ask them what are they doing with it?!

Let’s start with you,what are you doing with yours bros😁
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by k4kenny(f): 10:26pm On Jun 20
Usmanovic95:
Removing their president has been a blessing in disguise,things have actually taken a new turn after.Some Nigeriens I know have relocated back to their countries because the exchange rate is no longer favourable especially when they convert naira theyve earned back to their own CFAπŸ™„

All francophone west African countries' currencies now have more value than the naira. These are currencies that have been mutilated and rendered practically useless by the French colonialist. Now the Naira has fallen in value in comparison to these damaged currencies.

Ever since the Zionist controlled APC took over(click link on my signature), it has been an economic downhill, destruction of the value of our currency.

We thought we were suffering under the brits, not knowong there's a greater demon waiting to suck our country dry.
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by BossGerald: 10:37pm On Jun 20
Major7:

Ngwa oil dey your head πŸ˜‚,I love your response. Oya now

I felt fulfilled πŸ˜ƒ

Those guys can be annoying ee

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by Basicend: 10:40pm On Jun 20
Racoon:
This is how development comes - when you have focused, responsible and determined leadership irrespective of military or democratic pattern. Same country alongside Burkina Faso, Mali that Tinubu zombies said are landlocked depending on Nigeria for their survival. They have even former their own union alliance thereby cutting themselves from the apron strings of ECOWAS under the fraud on seat.

Now all these nations led by these young military turks have also freed their respective nations from the griphold of neo-colonists and imperialism thereby facilitating their own development. Meanwhile, the disaster they have enthroned here back home have so much bastardized Nigeria beyond repair.

Meanwhile, Nigeria is busy diverting trillions of naira to calabar - Lagos coastal road. .

Whereas, their naira keeps sliding in value coz no commensurate export proceeds. .

Same way Buhari borrowed trillions of naira for white elephant projects that we are currently still paying for with our throat.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by Basicend: 11:00pm On Jun 20
Racoon:
This is how development comes - when you have focused, responsible and determined leadership irrespective of military or democratic pattern. Same country alongside Burkina Faso, Mali that Tinubu zombies said are landlocked depending on Nigeria for their survival. They have even former their own union alliance thereby cutting themselves from the apron strings of ECOWAS under the fraud on seat.

Now all these nations led by these young military turks have also freed their respective nations from the griphold of neo-colonists and imperialism thereby facilitating their own development. Meanwhile, the disaster they have enthroned here back home have so much bastardized Nigeria beyond repair.

Spot on brother.
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by femi4: 5:30am On Jun 21
BossGerald:

Credit: African Report Files

While tinubu led Apc government folds arm and watch bandits sack farmers from their farm lands, thereby causing high food inflation never seen in decades.
Damn expensive...I hope it's sustainable
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by Thedon12: 5:46am On Jun 21
Amana developed this farm before the military coup Niger Republic, so don't think the military brings this development. You can some of the pictures on facebook and the date poster.

Racoon:

Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by RepoMan007: 6:35am On Jun 21
Sunmolar:
This project is been funded or carried out by neo-colonialist
better than our leaders looting it and buying plastic houses in Dubai as investments.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by BossGerald: 6:58am On Jun 21
femi4:
Damn expensive...I hope it's sustainable

You think backyard farming is more sustainable
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by Pearl1910: 8:03am On Jun 21
Even if it's not for farming, Nigerian govt or northern governors can do this kind of project for herdsmen to settle and see where to feed their cows instead of roaming around and destroying farm produce. So that farmers all over Nigeria will farm in peace.
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by Zxcvbnmghtr: 8:23am On Jun 21
clearcrystal:

Are you telling me your parent eat only what they get from their farm? They don't eat rice?
The truth is that everybody don't need to engage in farming to feed. The government should encourage large-scale mechanized farming that's what they do in other countries.Farming is a big business which should be left for those who are into full time farming.

What about people living in a rented apartment in the city.
Nevertheless, it's not a bad idea to do a small scale farming if you have the time and space but that won't take us anywhere as a nation.

The point I am making is people don't even want to do anything but are expecting everything. I am pointing at the mental state of Nigeria and Nigerians always looking for short cut to success. The government has failed several times with large scale farming simply because of the kind of people that we are. That's the point. You can't give what you don't have. It's still the citizens that will sabotage the efforts. Back yard farming is not exclusive for everyone neither is it a limitation. We need to look inwards and become a serious people with focus to achieve prosperity that last. The people of Niger don't lack discipline like Nigerians. It's simple common sense, mechanized farming as a large project is not a new venture by governments after government but it has always failed. Only a few intelligent people were able to comprehend.

YouAreNobody:

You're the most unintelligent and daft fellow I've seen on this forum. Haba! How can you be so bent on being foolish? Subsistence farming isn't what grows a country. How many people can backyard farms feed? How much income can it generate? You're just trying to cover up the ineptitude of the useless government you support but you're doing a miserable job at that
Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by Allisgud: 9:35am On Jun 21
See people wey Nigeria won go fight,what a reasonable govt

1 Like

Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by Funkybabee(f): 10:14am On Jun 21
If I get one money to buy an hectares of land now, I swear na crops a go plants, Tinubu government has shown me shaga

1 Like

Re: Niger Republic Is Transforming Its Desert To Farmlands by Lawag3: 10:22am On Jun 21
EreluRoz:
You can make your post without sounding bitter

Is what he said not true are bandits not sacking farmers from farmlands?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Vladimir Putin Allows ill Russian Teen To Film His ₦180b "Flying Mansion" Jet / Multi-Storey Building Partially Collapses In Miami, Many Feared Dead (Pictures) / Russian Nuclear Bombers Keep Roaming Closer To U.S. Airspace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.