Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,831 members, 7,915,381 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 10:12 PM

Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo In One Country? It Was Never Going To Work - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo In One Country? It Was Never Going To Work (2042 Views)

These Are US Citizens. Let Us Fight For Our Country. It's Not Easy Anywhere. / We Were Never One Country - Bukola Saraki / President Buhari Wears Igbo, Yoruba & Hausa Attires As He Accepts APC Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo In One Country? It Was Never Going To Work by astonished: 1:22pm On Jun 21
ElSudani:

Look, I believe Nigeria can work, I believe we are better off together, I believe human beings are capable of charting their own course.
But then, if Nigeria should fail due to people like you , I still have my blessed and glorious Yorubaland. And trust me, that will be a big loss for you.
For example you will need a visa to see Lagos. Hehehe.

Only bastards, greedy, evil Yoruba are still supporting one Nigeria.

All these useless Yoruba APC supporters, all these useless Yoruba that work with government ether state or federal, we know you are all beneficiary of this useless evil country and want it to remain and continue like this.

Am Yoruba & support breakup of this God's forsaken, barbaric, useless, evil country to be disbanded with immediate effect & every region start thier own country

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo In One Country? It Was Never Going To Work by astonished: 1:23pm On Jun 21
pazienza:

There is no " we" between Ndiigbo and your Yoruba people, except the one you force with arms, killings, massacre and intimidation.
The Hate is mutual.
You will not have upper hand forever, and woe betide you when the tides turn, your children will curse you for forcefully holding back a people that you clearly have no love for and that have no love for you as well.
The only way Nigeria continues to exist is that you all hold and pin Igbos on the floor, but unfortunately to do this, you all have to stay on the floor too, which is why the country only merely exists but with zero progress since 1970.

Unity is not something you can force, especially when points of unity don't exist and when mutual loathe and resentment exist.

You are enjoying this union of mere existence because even though we are both on the poto poto of mediocrity that Nigeria currently represents, you are the ones lying on top of us. This status quo will not last forever, power is always transient.
And you wouldn't be smiling when the tides change.

We can be reasonable and accept we can't coexist, sit on round table and amicably split the country like Czechoslovakia did.

It isn't that hard.

The problem with you people is that, you are too shallow minded and myopic,

You all cannot differentiate between trybes and political parties.

You see APC logo & all that comes to your head is Yoruba people

What is the percentage of Yoruba APC supporters to all Yoruba races.

That's exactly what cause ethnic disunity in recent time in Nigeria, because You Igbo embark on Cyber war on whole Yoruba race because of political power/APC.

How many Yoruba people are supporter of APC,

Do you people even know millions of Yoruba people don't want Nigeria anymore, they want Yoruba nation & they hate politicians so much? I am one of them.

Politicians from every ethnic groups are the one dominate & rule over their ethnic groups, and Thier subject are helpless.

All Igbo in last election want Nigeria because they want fake messaih Obi to rule all over the country Nigerian, If Obi won, would you have demand for the today?

Nobody enjoys any union, except the politicians

I am very much support of breakup today to save this country as Tinubu be president

If Obi is Nigeria president today, will you clamour for breakup of this useless country? The answer is No

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo In One Country? It Was Never Going To Work by Zxcvbnmghtr: 1:28pm On Jun 21
phorget:

I will never justify the wrong of anyone, I will condemn in totality whatever deserves condemnation. I only pointed out to the fact that your lies dont hold any water, you said some people murdered someone and I reminded you that those people also got their own son murdered. If that is the reason they are been held hostage then what happens to their son that they also lost?

You people are difficult to understand and I will tell you why...

Nzeogwu was part of the coup, he was from Delta state but was adjudged Igbo. If tomorrow igbos try to claim Delta as part of the SE same you people will decline. So where exactly are you people standing?

You claim Ironsi abolished the federalism system of government, Ironsi that only spent 6months o and weve had head of states and presidents over the years but non of them could revert back to something they know will improve us but Tilumbu found it easy to change the anthem but they cant undo what Ironsi did.

You claim endsars was igbo plot to burn down Lagos but just weeks ago when names of people still in detention over endsars saga we had more of yoruba names on the list.

So many narratives from you lots that I begin to wonder what country are we in, you just say something to suit and massage your ego so you can feel good.

I read from the beginning to the end all that you wrote. It's still the same running around in circles.

Let me remind you of your first comment below πŸ‘‡

phorget:

And Ojukwu realizing Azikiwe's mistake also fought for the breakup but what happened afterwards, you wont let go but here you are still holding on to what suits your narrative. Nnamdi Kanu has been in the locks for fighting separation, Simon Ekpa is still on same course but I'm sure your Azikiwe's story is just the best.

The same Ojukwu contested to become President of Nigeria on the platform of APGA. You are talking about taking a stand. But the man who you claim tried to correct Azikiwe' mistake didn't remain standing on his conviction. It's an irony. Where do you stand? For Peter Obi's Nigeria or Nnamdi Kanu's Biafra.

Even gidgiddy is always swinging like a pendulum between the two.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo In One Country? It Was Never Going To Work by gidgiddy: 1:35pm On Jun 21
Zxcvbnmghtr:

I read from the beginning to the end all that you wrote. It's still the same running around in circles.

The same Ojukwu contested to become President of Nigeria on the platform of APGA. You are talking about taking a stand. But the man who you claim tried to correct Azikiwe' mistake didn't remain standing on his conviction. It's an irony. Where do you stand? For Peter Obi's Nigeria or Nnamdi Kanu's Biafra.

All this history is the suspicion, betrayal and fighting I already covered. Nigeria has never worked, and never will, that nobody disputes
Re: Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo In One Country? It Was Never Going To Work by Zxcvbnmghtr: 1:45pm On Jun 21
gidgiddy:

All this history is the suspicion, betrayal and fighting I already covered. Nigeria has never worked, and never will, that nobody disputes

Bro no country works for everyone. Let's zoom in and take a closer look at your geographical space. The question is, is your state governor working for everyone?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo In One Country? It Was Never Going To Work by gidgiddy: 1:52pm On Jun 21
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Bro no country works for everyone. Let's zoom in and take a closer look at your geographical space. The question is, is your state governor working for everyone?
And Nigeria has worked for nobody, which is why it is long overdue for the present generation to undo the mistake the white man made of bringing us together, and dissolve Nigeria
Re: Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo In One Country? It Was Never Going To Work by phorget(m): 2:03pm On Jun 21
Zxcvbnmghtr:

I said theres nothing the igbos will do that will make you happy, you give a dog bad names so you can kill it.

Igbos want to be on their own... NO!

Igbos context an election... BUT WHY ARE THEY CONTESTING ELECTION WHILE THEY SAID THEY ARE NOT PART OF US.

Igbos choose a day to stay at home... THOSE PEOPLE ARE FOOOLS, WHY WOULD THEY BE STAYING AT HOME WHEN THEY SHOULD BE WORKING.

Igbos supports a candidate... THEY SHOULD SUPPORT WHATEVER WE SUPPORT OR THEY GO BACK TO THEIR LAND.

An hausa/fulani man says something against Tilumbu... IGBOS CAN NEVER BE THE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA.

Igbos supports regional development... THEY CANT GET ANYTHING, AFTERALL IT WAS THEM THAT ABOLISHED IT.

I just dont know if you can ever get satisfied with anything igbos does anyway.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo In One Country? It Was Never Going To Work by Burruchaga71(m): 3:26pm On Jun 21
*STATE OF THE NATION*

BREAKING!!

*NIGERIA RESTRUCTURING BILL CONCLUDED READY FOR RATIFICATION:*

Below is the kite being flown by the Federal Government on Restructuring

Nigerian Economic Restructuring Bill 2021

[1] Nigeria will be made up of 42 states, with seven per each of her constituent geo-political zone. These shall be:

South-south
[1] Bayelsa State - Yenagoa
[2] Western Ijaw State - Patani
[3] Rivers State - Port Harcourt
[4] Cross River State - Calabar
[5] Akwa Ibom State - Uyo
[6] Edo State - Benin
[7] Delta State - Warri

Northeast
[1] Mambilla State - Gashaka
[2] Taraba State - Jalingo
[3] Adamawa State - Yola
[4] Borno State - Maiduguri
[5] Yobe State - Damaturu
[6] Bauchi State - Bauchi
[7] Gombe State - Gombe

Southeast
[1] Anioma State - Asaba
[2] Orashi State - Omoku
[3] Anambra State - Awka
[4] Imo State - Owerri
[5] Enugu State - Enugu
[6] Abia State - Umuahia
[7] Ebonyi State - Abakaliki

North-Central
[1] Abuja State - FCT
[2] Gurara State - Kafanchan
[3] Benue State - Makurdi
[4] Plateau State - Jos
[5] Nasarawa State - Lafia
[6] Kogi State - Lokoja
[7] Niger State - Minna

Southwest
[1] Kwara State - Ilorin
[2] Oyo State - Ibadan
[3] Ogun State - Abeokuta
[4] Lagos State - Ikeja
[5] Ondo - Akure
[6] Ekiti - Ado-Ekiti
[7] Osun - Oshogbo

Northwest
[1] Sokoto State - Sokoto
[2] Kebbi State - Birnin Kebbi
[3] Kaduna State - Kaduna
[4] Katsina State - Katsina
[5] Kano State - Kano
[6] Jigawa State - Dutse
[7] Zamfara State - Gusua

[2] Each state will be responsible for creating and funding its local governments as it deems fit. Local governments will be funded internally by the charging of a local tax, which will be augmented by a state grant representing no more than 10% of TV
[3] Over a 35 year period, we gradually migrate back to the 1957/58 revenue sharing formula agreed by our founding fathers at the Lancaster House Conferences in London under which the federating units will control all the resources within their domains and remit 50% to the centre

[4] Our federating units will keep 50% of all the revenue that they generate, put a further 20% into a central pot called the Excess Federation Account to which everyone can have access as the need arises, 10% will go into a geo-political zone account and the remaining 20% will go to into the Federation Account used to run the federal government

[5] With regards to all other resources, we shall move towards this immediately but in the case of oil and gas, the move will have to be gradual due to how dependent we have become on these two resources. A gradual migration shall take place over the next 35 years in this manner: 2000 - 13%, 2021 - 18%, 2023 - 20%, 2025 - 25%, 2030 - 30%, 2035 - 35%, 2040 - 40%, 2045 - 45%, 2050 - 50%

[6] Every one of our 42 states will be set a target of generating at least $2bn in export revenue. Any state government that attracts inward investment to the tune of $1bn, will get a corresponding grant from the federal government

[7] Any state that fails to generate as much revenue as it spends for two consecutive years as from 2020, will be subject to an immediate declaration of a state of emergency. It shall be administered centrally by the federal government until its books are balanced

[8] Every state must seek to generate at least 30% of its internal revenue from manufacturing and services, with a migration away from primary products to value added production

[9] Every state is free to create more local governments provided they meet the necessary criteria which includes holding a referendum and the fact that the local government area is self-sustaining. To be recognised as a local government area, basic facilities that must exist within the domain include 20 primary schools, five secondary schools, a local government headquarters, at least one vocational training college and at least one public health centre

[10] All local and state governments will as a matter of course award supply contracts to companies that manufacture products within Nigeria. Only as a last resort will companies that manufacture products abroad be granted government contracts.

*A NEW NIGERIA IS POSSIBLEβœ…πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬πŸ’₯*
Re: Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo In One Country? It Was Never Going To Work by Zxcvbnmghtr: 4:11pm On Jun 21
phorget:

I said theres nothing the igbos will do that will make you happy, you give a dog bad names so you can kill it.

Igbos want to be on their own... NO!

Igbos context an election... BUT WHY ARE THEY CONTESTING ELECTION WHILE THEY SAID THEY ARE NOT PART OF US.

Igbos choose a day to stay at home... THOSE PEOPLE ARE FOOOLS, WHY WOULD THEY BE STAYING AT HOME WHEN THEY SHOULD BE WORKING.

Igbos supports a candidate... THEY SHOULD SUPPORT WHATEVER WE SUPPORT OR THEY GO BACK TO THEIR LAND.

An hausa/fulani man says something against Tilumbu... IGBOS CAN NEVER BE THE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA.

Igbos supports regional development... THEY CANT GET ANYTHING, AFTERALL IT WAS THEM THAT ABOLISHED IT.

I just dont know if you can ever get satisfied with anything igbos does anyway.

Exactly running from pole to pillar and back to pole and then pillar again every time things are not in your favor. It's always funny to me though.

Make up your mind.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo In One Country? It Was Never Going To Work by Sharpsharp00123: 5:03pm On Jun 21
Zxcvbnmghtr:
EMPTY TALK AS USUAL. BLAMING COLONIAL MASTERS LOL. ITS JUST AN IRONY. IT'S FUNNY HOW GEOGRAPHICAL SPACES OCCUPIED BY SINGLE TRIBES WITH COMMON AFFINITY HAVE NOT DISTINGUISHED THEMSELVES. ITS JUST FUNNY GOING BACK AND FORTH. THE OP SUPPORTS OBI TO BE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA AND ALSO SUPPORTS BIAFRA AT THE SAME TIME. SEE CONFUSION.
d op na craze man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo In One Country? It Was Never Going To Work by phorget(m): 6:48pm On Jun 21
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Exactly running from pole to pillar and back to pole and then pillar again every time things are not in your favor. It's always funny to me though.

Make up your mind.

If they cant make up their mind then what stops you from making it up for them? If you wife keep quitting your marriage and coming back to beg wont you decide on what to do with her by yourself?
Give them their freedom and let them rest.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo In One Country? It Was Never Going To Work by Zxcvbnmghtr: 7:45pm On Jun 21
phorget:

If they cant make up their mind then what stops you from making it up for them? If you wife keep quitting your marriage and coming back to beg wont you decide on what to do with her by yourself?
Give them their freedom and let them rest.

Let me tell you. If by destiny I become the President of Nigeria. You see how Tinubu made an emphatic statement "FUEL SUBSIDY IS GONE"? That how I will declare the TEARING OUT OF BIAFRA from this blessed nation called Nigeria.
I honestly wish it's within my powers. Head or tail, the ball is in your own court. Put your heads together from state to national assembly plus all your governors, speak with one voice. I can guarantee you that you will be granted your quest in a hurry.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo In One Country? It Was Never Going To Work by ezechi24(m): 8:05pm On Jun 21
Godons1:

Cc
Pazienza
IGBO are not amongst the 3 largest tribes in Nigeria. After Hausa, Yoruba, Ijaw are the next in higher population. Remember, half of Abia and Imo are Ijaw. If you add Ijaws in other parts of this Country. You will realize that, Igbo are not much.

Igbo are not really much in this Country. When Census comes, Igbo count all the Tribes in the East as Igbo. That's why they are much on paper. For instance, Anambra is Igala ancestral land. Most people in Anambra are Igala. Enugu is occupied by 3 main Tribes. One part is ancestral land to Idoma, one part is ancestral land to Igala. While one part is Igbo indigenous land.

You can see that, Igbo are not even much. I am sure that Kanuri, Gbagyi, Nupe are more populated than IGBO.

You just sit down type rubbish from every sentence to the last .

The Igbos are actually the largest tribe in Nigeria, the hausas are mixed with FULANIS and a whole lot of lies ...the last election brought their whole lies out.

Most of the south south regions were carved out from igbo lands even some parts of the middle belts have a whole lot of igbo tribes inside....the nonsense you wrote up there is the most miserable thing I've seen of late.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo In One Country? It Was Never Going To Work by Mrexcell(m): 8:10pm On Jun 21
The British knew the potentials of the 3 major tribes they don't want any black nation to compete or rival with them that's why they decided to forcefully put them together to sabotage their future growth and progress.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo In One Country? It Was Never Going To Work by Christistruth00: 8:13pm On Jun 21
SoNature:
The problem of Nigeria is not the size of the population, but the content of character of each of the ethnic groups that makes up the country. Believe it or not, Nigerians are not good people.

America, Indonesia, China and India are more populous than Nigeria and they are living just fine. Perhaps you are saying that the black man is too sick to coexist with one another.

India fought 3 wars with Pakistan that was carved out of it
Re: Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo In One Country? It Was Never Going To Work by Christistruth00: 8:23pm On Jun 21
ElSudani:

Sir, my name is not Ironsi, Ojukwu or Azikiwe. These people sold you out.
Ojukwu was part of the government which abolished federalism. He was there with Ironsi.
We do not hate, don't project your values on others.

https://saharareporters.com/2021/10/06/flashback-i-regret-advising-azikiwe-not-join-forces-awolowo-%E2%80%93-former-eastern-premier

1 Like

Re: Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo In One Country? It Was Never Going To Work by Godons1: 8:25pm On Jun 21
ezechi24:

The Igbos are actually the largest tribe in Nigeria, the hausas are mixed with FULANIS and a whole lot of lies ...the last election brought their whole lies out.

Most of the south south regions were carved out from igbo lands even some parts of the middle belts have a whole lot of igbo tribes inside....the nonsense you wrote up there is the most miserable thing I've seen of late.

Yet, Igbo can not win any national election. grin
You are the biggest comedian aswear.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo In One Country? It Was Never Going To Work by sIfioksq: 8:26pm On Jun 21
Oh yes, because poverty, terrorism, and erosion lands are just what every community dreams of. Igbo people must be thrilled.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo In One Country? It Was Never Going To Work by ezechi24(m): 8:27pm On Jun 21
Godons1:

I told you you are not reasonable in reasoning....can someone be president with only the votes from a particular region?...who do APC zombies this thing .
Re: Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo In One Country? It Was Never Going To Work by ElSudani: 8:29pm On Jun 21
Christistruth00:

https://saharareporters.com/2021/10/06/flashback-i-regret-advising-azikiwe-not-join-forces-awolowo-%E2%80%93-former-eastern-premier

When you think all that was just a clash of personalities and egos amongst a few men.
I bet Okpara at that point wasn't thinking about 10 or 20 years into the future.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo In One Country? It Was Never Going To Work by Godons1: 8:29pm On Jun 21
ezechi24:

Trash.
The largest tribes in Nigeria are:
1- Hausa
2-Yoruba
3- Ijaw
4-Gbagi
5-Igala
6-Kanuri
7-Igbo

1 Like

Re: Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo In One Country? It Was Never Going To Work by ezechi24(m): 8:41pm On Jun 21
Godons1:

Trash.
The largest tribes in Nigeria are:
1- Hausa
2-Yoruba
3- Ijaw
4-Gbagi
5-Igala
6-Kanuri
7-Igbo

Hahahaha no put tiv and urhobo and isoko before igbo.....delu delu
Re: Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo In One Country? It Was Never Going To Work by StreetFight: 8:43pm On Jun 21
Zxcvbnmghtr:
grin Awolowo knew this and kicked against it.
Sardauna knew this and kicked against it.
Only Azikiwe lobbied for this union. grin grin grin

And when the British left us with Regional Government, Aguyi Ironsi abolished it with Decree 34 of 1966

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo In One Country? It Was Never Going To Work by Gerhards: 8:46pm On Jun 21
Godons1:

Re: Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo In One Country? It Was Never Going To Work by Gerhards: 8:46pm On Jun 21
StreetFight:

And when the British left us with Regional Government, Aguyi Ironsi abolished it with Decree 34 of 1966

Excuses time, how long do you want to continue with this excuses?
Re: Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo In One Country? It Was Never Going To Work by Godons1: 8:49pm On Jun 21
ezechi24:

Hahahaha no put tiv and urhobo and isoko before igbo.....delu delu

Anambra is Igala ancestral State. Half of Enugu is Igala ancestral land again. One quarter of Enugu is Idoma land. The other quarter is Igbo land. Half of Imo and half of Abia State are Ijaw land.

Igbo only have Ebonyi, one quarter of Enugu State, half of Imo and half of Abia State. Biafra go be like COMEDY when the North finally give them independence grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo In One Country? It Was Never Going To Work by Godons1: 8:56pm On Jun 21
[quote author=Gerhards post=130595381][/quote]

Emeka dey wail grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo In One Country? It Was Never Going To Work by ezechi24(m): 8:59pm On Jun 21
Godons1:

Anambra is Igala ancestral State. Half of Enugu is Igala ancestral land again. One quarter of Enugu is Idoma land. The other quarter is Igbo land. Half of Imo and half of Abia State are Ijaw land.

Igbo only have Ebonyi, one quarter of Enugu State, half of Imo and half of Abia State. Biafra go be like COMEDY when the North finally give them independence grin

No Anambra and Imo with some parts of abia are all igalas land hahahah...while some parts of abia belongs to the calarbas and all the enugus land belongs to tiv, even eboyi is not for the Igbos o.....who told you it's for the Igbos ....
Re: Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo In One Country? It Was Never Going To Work by Godons1: 9:05pm On Jun 21
ezechi24:

No Anambra and Imo with some parts of abia are all igalas land hahahah...while some parts of abia belongs to the calarbas and all the enugus land belongs to tiv, even eboyi is not for the Igbos o.....who told you it's for the Igbos ....

You go wail tire. The North will soon drive una away from Igala and Idoma lands in the East. Ijaw will also do same. Igbo land go come be like one ward grin grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo In One Country? It Was Never Going To Work by ezechi24(m): 9:07pm On Jun 21
Godons1:

You go wail tire. The North will soon drive una away from Igala and Idoma lands in the East. Ijaw will also do same. Igbo land go come be like one ward grin grin

Please you people should not pursue us ooooo...hahahahah....you are the one wailing o oga pains, ....I'm actually supporting Ur stupidity hahahahah...pains
Re: Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo In One Country? It Was Never Going To Work by Godons1: 9:09pm On Jun 21
ezechi24:

Please you people should not pursue us ooooo...hahahahah....you are the one wailing o oga pains, ....I'm actually supporting Ur stupidity hahahahah...pains

Emeka in severe pains. As my comment pain you this much. Take this Aba made drink and do the needful. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pdp Chairmanship Race: Anyim Or Egwu Or Who? / Video Of Abuja Protests And Audio Of Yar'adua Telephone Interview / Patrick Obahiagbon Speaks On Yar'adua's Return

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.