Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,753 members, 7,875,886 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 12:44 AM

Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo In One Country? It Was Never Going To Work - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo In One Country? It Was Never Going To Work (1691 Views)

These Are US Citizens. Let Us Fight For Our Country. It's Not Easy Anywhere. / We Were Never One Country - Bukola Saraki / President Buhari Wears Igbo, Yoruba & Hausa Attires As He Accepts APC Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo In One Country? It Was Never Going To Work by ezechi24(m): 9:12pm On Jun 21
Godons1:

Emeka in severe pains. As my comment pain you this much. Take this Aba made drink and do the needful. grin

I don't understand you o hahahaha...I'm actually supporting you which one you come dey give me rat poison wey don buy for yourself because of hardship ...😂😂....these Yoruba clowns hahaha.....Mr pains I'm actually supporting your stupidity actually ....can't you see I'm clapping for you haha
Re: Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo In One Country? It Was Never Going To Work by dragunov: 9:19pm On Jun 21
Zxcvbnmghtr:
grin Awolowo knew this and kicked against it.
Sardauna knew this and kicked against it.
Only Azikiwe lobbied for this union. grin grin grin

Yet one dingbat on this forum was eulogizing Zik as a great African leader

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo In One Country? It Was Never Going To Work by dragunov: 9:21pm On Jun 21
DMerciful01:
Then what're ya tryna say?

Use your mind.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo In One Country? It Was Never Going To Work by dragunov: 9:23pm On Jun 21
AlexBells:

Where did the nonsense autonomy get us to a civil war?

Because Zik had earlier frustrated the secession clause which would have allowed the Eastern region to go quietly.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo In One Country? It Was Never Going To Work by AlexBells(m): 10:03pm On Jun 21
dragunov:

Because Zik had earlier frustrated the secession clause which would have allowed the Eastern region to go quietly.
Zik was a nationalist and no nationalist dangle secession around because of the chaos that comes with it, the civil war could have vindicated Zik but you seem too d@ft to realize
Re: Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo In One Country? It Was Never Going To Work by dragunov: 5:11am On Jun 22
AlexBells:

Zik was a nationalist and no nationalist dangle secession around because of the chaos that comes with it, the civil war could have vindicated Zik but you seem too d@ft to realize

You're the one who is a dunce and a bullethead. Secession which is constitutionally recognized doesn't cause chaos and it would have been easy for any regional bloc to go without the threat of violence or the label of being terrorists. There are countries around the world that used to be part of an old establishment but quietly removed themselves and are still existing today. Get some education. Zik was not a nationalist. That is the lie that dingbats like you use to console yourselves. He was an irredentist Igbo supremacist demagogue. And that blew in his face later. Nationalism presupposes homogeneity, and that is what Nigeria lacks. So the country cannot work on this present template. Mooks everywhere!!
Re: Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo In One Country? It Was Never Going To Work by AlexBells(m): 6:28am On Jun 22
dragunov:

You're the one who is a dunce and a bullethead. Secession which is constitutionally recognized doesn't cause chaos and it would have been easy for any regional bloc to go without the threat of violence or the label of being terrorists. There are countries around the world that used to be part of an old establishment but quietly removed themselves and are still existing today. Get some education. Zik was not a nationalist. That is the lie that dingbats like you use to console yourselves. He was an irredentist Igbo supremacist demagogue. And that blew in his face later. Nationalism presupposes homogeneity, and that is what Nigeria lacks. So the country cannot work on this present template. Mooks everywhere!!
Secede from your family first. It could have been easy for any regional block to secede lol. Anyway deal with it. Nigeria is still one today
Re: Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo In One Country? It Was Never Going To Work by franchasofficia: 8:06am On Jun 22
Zxcvbnmghtr:
EMPTY TALK AS USUAL. BLAMING COLONIAL MASTERS LOL. ITS JUST AN IRONY. IT'S FUNNY HOW GEOGRAPHICAL SPACES OCCUPIED BY A SINGLE TRIBE WITH COMMON AFFINITY HAVE NOT DISTINGUISHED THEMSELVES. ITS JUST FUNNY GOING BACK AND FORTH. THE OP SUPPORTS OBI TO BE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA AND ALSO SUPPORTS BIAFRA AT THE SAME TIME. SEE CONFUSION.
There is justification for Igbos to support Peter Obi becoming President and in absence of that switch to supporting Biafra secession from Nigeria.

Let me explain it in a real life scenario for you to understand.

Let's say we are born into one family by a father, and we are 5 children for instance.

Everyday we keep fighting for food whenever it is time to eat. Every effort to resolve our fight fails. So we decide that one of us will be in charge of sharing the food everyday it's time to eat to avoid cheating, still the person sharing keep cheating me by giving me small portion and each time I complain, the rest shout at me to stop complaining and manage the little I was given and wait till it gets to my turn to share food. Meanwhile virtually every other sibling have been given a chance to be in charge of sharing food but whenever it gets to my turn, they tell me to wait for next time and this keeps causing us to fight and quarrel.

I now suggest that in order for peace to reign, let me take my own pots and plates and go to my room to live and cook for myself and kids myself so that we wont continue to fight over who will be charge of sharing the food or how the food is shared, still other siblings start cursing me that why must I leave our family kitchen that our father gave us, that we must all cook in one kitchen and share, and that I will never be in charge of the sharing, that I should stop complaining of receiving small and manage whatever small portion given to me.

Now be honest and sincere, am I wrong to demand to leave the family general kitchen to be on my own since my other siblings refused me to at least handle sharing for once and also refused to share the food sincerely to avoid me from being cheated so as to stop me from complaining?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo In One Country? It Was Never Going To Work by Chikel20000(m): 8:19am On Jun 22
EbinPawaGovt:

US is a migrants country. They are people who came from Europe to seek a better future, so to a large extent, they had a common goal. That's why they are successful unlike Nigeria, where the Yoruba interest (crude oil and gas from SE and SS), Northern interest (crude oil from SE and SS) and Eastern interest ( a different country) \, Southern minority interest (a large share from their crude oil) collide.
never seen a very clever point like dis bro
Re: Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo In One Country? It Was Never Going To Work by dragunov: 12:43pm On Jun 22
AlexBells:

Secede from your family first. It could have been easy for any regional block to secede lol. Anyway deal with it. Nigeria is still one today

Unintelligent people who know nothing about anything everywhere.
Re: Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo In One Country? It Was Never Going To Work by AlexBells(m): 1:19pm On Jun 22
dragunov:

Unintelligent people who know nothing about anything everywhere.
a country doesn’t run in your head
Re: Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo In One Country? It Was Never Going To Work by 100millionGoal: 1:42pm On Jun 22
Godons1:

Emeka in severe pains. As my comment pain you this much. Take this Aba made drink and do the needful. grin
Cc
Seun, mynd44, nlfpmod rule 2
Re: Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo In One Country? It Was Never Going To Work by 100millionGoal: 1:43pm On Jun 22
Godons1:

Emeka dey wail grin
Cc
Re: Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo In One Country? It Was Never Going To Work by 100millionGoal: 1:43pm On Jun 22
Godons1:

Anambra is Igala ancestral State. Half of Enugu is Igala ancestral land again. One quarter of Enugu is Idoma land. The other quarter is Igbo land. Half of Imo and half of Abia State are Ijaw land.

Igbo only have Ebonyi, one quarter of Enugu State, half of Imo and half of Abia State. Biafra go be like COMEDY when the North finally give them independence grin

Cc
Godons1:

Yet, Igbo can not win any national election. grin
You are the biggest comedian aswear.

Cc
Re: Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo In One Country? It Was Never Going To Work by dragunov: 2:31pm On Jun 22
AlexBells:
a country doesn’t run in your head

Jargons. People just post jargons.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos-kano Rail Line, Is It The Right Move? Or Some Ppl Plottiing: / Joy As Enugu Receives 30 Luxury Buses From Innoson / How I Lost My Sight - Prof. Clement Uwemedimo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.