Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,347 members, 7,961,123 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 September 2024 at 04:19 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 - Travel (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 (47905 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by Sammyup: 11:15pm On Sep 02
Good day, everyone

Please I need help with practice mock interview questions and answers for B1/B2.

I'll be having my interview in few months time, so I can use the available time to engage in mock training.

@OyoTunjiUSA and other gurus in the house, kindly help a soul

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by Maybaby4eva(f): 11:25pm On Sep 02
Shueld06:

How much is your tuition and who’s covering the cost?
my brother and he lives in the country i intend to take the interview in
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by Maybaby4eva(f): 11:27pm On Sep 02
OyoTunjiUSA:

Hey 🤠

1. What you are trying to do is called " Consular Shopping, Visa shopping or Forum shopping" (That's the fallacy that, if you go to another country, you will have VISA advantages or that the consular officers in the 3rd country won't know your past VISA history),
but fortunately for you, F-1 VISA applicants are exempted from this judgement if they can proof otherwise.

2. Back to your question, the procedure to process your F-1 VISA is almost same procedure as the steps you have taken in your previous applications ; 1. Visit the website of the USA embassy in the country of your choice. 2. Fill DS-160 and indicate the country in the beginning. 3. Pay the VISA fee applicable to the applicants in that country. 4. Book appointment and attend your interview. No one is going to stop you and say, hey ! You are from Nigeria 😊

3. That being said, you must be certain that your previous VISA application circumstances have changed, because if your F-1 VISA was denied in Nigeria , it's going to be deny again if you travel to Australia , except if your circumstances has improved.

PS: Some hardline-consulars will still hold VISA Shopping rule in sense-1 above against you. It's like forgiven a 6 - year old kid for stealing a biscuit, all because he or she is a minor : Stealing is stealing, it has no other meaning.

Best Wishes 🙏

Thank you for taking the time to educate me on this. i really appreciate the input.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by Shueld06: 4:21am On Sep 03
yoyome20:

I made the payment on Friday evening and I kept checking all through the weekend and was having the same pending appointment issue. But this morning when I logged in I was taken straight to pick my location and after that, I was taken to the calendar which is where I am now. Appointment dates are there but no time slots just showing 12 am .

Sorry for troubling you again, is there anywhere to add dependent when u have access to the booking system?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by yoyome20: 5:21am On Sep 03
Shueld06:

Sorry for troubling you again, is there anywhere to add dependent when u have access to the booking system?

Good morning, no I do not think you can book an appointment as a group you have to book individually, i did not see the option to add dependants. I am not traveling with dependants so please when you get on the platform kindly read through and be sure you do not have that option but for me, i did not have the option to add . Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by yoyome20: 5:23am On Sep 03
FavouredMiriam:
Same here. Let's keep trying. Hopefully, they will resolve the issue soonest.

Good morning, have you been able to get a booking, I am still getting the error message, and all the booking dates are gone. I am sure they are still working on it and hopefully, all will be okay and we will be able to book our dates.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by dest4real(m): 5:54am On Sep 03
FavouredMiriam:
The whole of September is available with the exception of weekends. About 78% days in October, November, December etc are available.

What location please? Lagos or Abuja?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by VincentTobe: 10:17am On Sep 03
Good morning house, please after confirming my appointment, I saw that I’m expected come with ‘A passport valid for travel to the United States with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the U.S.
And my passport expires the next month after my program in the U.S ends. Please does this mean I should cancel the appointment.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by Rklola: 10:59am On Sep 03
VincentTobe:
Good morning house, please after confirming my appointment, I saw that I’m expected come with ‘A passport valid for travel to the United States with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the U.S.
And my passport expires the next month after my program in the U.S ends. Please does this mean I should cancel the appointment.

I saw the same when I confirmed my appointment. I thought it was that your passport has to be valid for at least six months before you travel.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by JohnZak: 11:39am On Sep 03
I am not in the same field of economics as you but in my field, this quick turnaround from submission to publication (not acceptance) is virtually impossible. The only time this quick turnaround can occur is if the paper is incredibly innovative and has immediate/imminent health implications. My most recent paper took 95 days from submission to publication and that was after receiving minor revision.

Sixty days is not enough time to submit a paper; have an editor do a desk review it and send it out for peer review; reviewers accept it, review the paper and send comments to the journal; editor reviews and makes a decision; returns it to you to make minor or major revisions; you make revisions and send it back to the journal; paper undergoes a second round of review either by the editor or may undergo peer review a second time; and if accepted, sent to the publisher for publication.

This process is not likely to happen within sixty days in a reputable journal except you submit to one of the predatory journals out there.

Many journals post median time periods from submission to first decision. Check your preferred economics journals to see if they have this information.

Jumoke01:
Hello everyone,

Please I'm looking for advice on publishing a research paper in economics. I'm wondering if it's feasible to find a reputable, free-to-publish journal that can publish my work within a tight deadline of two months.

Can anyone share their experiences or suggest free economics journals with rapid publication timelines? I'd appreciate any guidance on this.

Thanks in advance for your input abeg
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by JohnZak: 11:46am On Sep 03
Do not cancel your appointment. My first F-1 expired while I was in the U.S. as well and it was not an issue at the time of the visa interview or at the POE. My mum's B1/B2 visa in 2022 was issued for 2 years without any issues despite a passport expiration in 2023. She traveled with the old and new passport last year without issues. She recently renewed her visa last month also without issues. Her current visa expires in 2029 and the passport expires in 2028. Do not cancel your appointment. This is not a problem, especially for F1.

VincentTobe:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by Shueld06: 11:51am On Sep 03
Rklola:

I saw the same when I confirmed my appointment. I thought it was that your passport has to be valid for at least six months before you travel.

What date is it showing now? Are there available dates in September or October?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by Rklola: 1:22pm On Sep 03
Shueld06:

What date is it showing now? Are there available dates in September or October?
I booked in Abuja and I didn’t check September, but there were a lot of dates available for October
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by Ayomide98: 3:06pm On Sep 03
Rklola:

I booked in Abuja and I didn’t check September, but there were a lot of dates available for October

Sorry, I thought you said your application is still on “Preapproval request processing”

Has anything changed on your portal recently?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by Rklola: 3:25pm On Sep 03
Ayomide98:

Sorry, I thought you said your application is still on “Preapproval request processing”

Has anything changed on your portal recently?

Yeah, i checked this morning and i was able to book
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by Ayomide98: 3:26pm On Sep 03
VincentTobe:

Good afternoon, did you go through the “preapproval request processing” stage on the portal?

If yes, how long did it take
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by Ayomide98: 3:27pm On Sep 03
Rklola:

Yeah, i checked this morning and i was able to book

Nice, when did you upload the documents?
And did you have an account on the previous portal
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by Shueld06: 4:40pm On Sep 03
Rklola:

I’m still stucked at “preapproval request is being processed” after I uploaded my i20. Wonder how many days it’s gonna take at this stage
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by Ayomide98: 4:42pm On Sep 03
Shueld06:

I’m still stucked at “preapproval request is being processed” after I uploaded my i20. Wonder how many days it’s gonna take at this stage

When did you upload your i20?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by FavouredMiriam: 4:45pm On Sep 03
Not yet... Have you been able to book?

yoyome20:

Good morning, have you been able to get a booking, I am still getting the error message, and all the booking dates are gone. I am sure they are still working on it and hopefully, all will be okay and we will be able to book our dates.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by Ayomide98: 4:49pm On Sep 03
Please who has gone past “Preapproval request processing”?

How long did it take and when did you upload your i20?

Help a brother nervousness.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by yoyome20: 4:53pm On Sep 03
FavouredMiriam:
Not yet... Have you been able to book?

No, I have not been able to book, there are no dates on my portal.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by Shueld06: 5:07pm On Sep 03
Ayomide98:

When did you upload your i20?

Early this morning
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by Shueld06: 5:09pm On Sep 03
yoyome20:

No, I have not been able to book, there are no dates on my portal.

You’re still stucked at the “preapproval stage” right
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by VincentTobe: 5:39pm On Sep 03
The preapproval stage took me about 2 days so please be patient
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by Rklola: 6:02pm On Sep 03
Ayomide98:

Nice, when did you upload the documents?
And did you have an account on the previous portal
I uploaded my document immediately after my payment was confirmed. And the pre approval processing stage took me like three days
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by Ayomide98: 6:56pm On Sep 03
Rklola:

I uploaded my document immediately after my payment was confirmed. And the pre approval processing stage took me like three days

Do you mean three working days?

Coz I have uploaded my i20 since Thursday.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by Ayomide98: 6:57pm On Sep 03
VincentTobe:
The preapproval stage took me about 2 days so please be patient

Are you for Abuja consulate?

I have uploaded mine since last week Thursday and it still hasn’t changed
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by Rklola: 7:20pm On Sep 03
Ayomide98:

Do you mean three working days?

Coz I have uploaded my i20 since Thursday.

I uploaded mine on Friday evening, and i was able to book an appointment this morning.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by Ayomide98: 7:32pm On Sep 03
Rklola:

I uploaded mine on Friday evening, and i was able to book an appointment this morning.

Oh wow, that’s fast.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 18 by Rklola: 11:25pm On Sep 03
Ayomide98:

Oh wow, that’s fast.

Yes

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (51) (Reply)

Woman On Attacked Kaduna-Abuja Train Returns To Same Seat (See Photo) / Did You Know SUDAN Has More PYRAMIDS Than Any Country On Earth? / Photo Of The Survivor Of The Trailer Accident In Ojuelegba Yesterday

Viewing this topic: Jacsabey, deees(m), OyoTunjiUSA(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.