Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,879 members, 7,876,350 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:26 PM

My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone (39881 Views)

Help A Rat Is Harassing Me In My House It's Opens My Food Pot / My Wife's Wahala. Goes Through My Phone Every 3 Days / Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by nani212(m): 3:38pm On Jun 27
oliverwrites:
According to so many people on the internet it is possible.

Here is a quota post I found - https://www.quora.com/Why-can-my-son-open-my-phone-with-his-fingerprint-Do-we-have-the-same-fingerprint-or-is-it-like-a-blood-test

Just went through the post on Quora. It never says on the post that 2 people have the same fingerprint. It says it’s possible the fingerprint are identical. I’m pretty sure it’s from your phone fingerprint reader. Your daughter won’t be able to use her fingerprint to unlock your phone if it’s a flagship phone with sophisticated hardware and software.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by nani212(m): 3:42pm On Jun 27
henrimoto:

Na wetin scientist been make us believe before be that but there is a glaring fact to this now

Not a fact because you can’t prove it. Take your daughter to the bank next time you have a transaction. Let her use her fingerprint for your BVN verification. If it works out, mention me and I would stand by what you are saying anytime any day.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by Davidave(m): 3:57pm On Jun 27
She is a witch ooo 😏
Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by Deprincess4321(f): 4:04pm On Jun 27
If i talk nw d wil wnt to insult me,,,bt sincerely,i bought tecno pop7 n used my fingerprint,,, my 4yr old daughter nt up to a week,i was washing cloths outside,she ran up to me happily shouting mummy i placed my finger in dis place u use to place n unlock your phone,and ur phn went on,i was shockd at hw possible dat was,n to b sure i immediatly went to settings to check if d is another finger print,bt i found jst my own,whch means she unlockd my phn wit her fingerprint,,,duo since dat day she cnt use it again

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by Oracleee: 4:08pm On Jun 27
No need for a DNA on that one.
Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by TrustNone: 4:34pm On Jun 27
oranget:
She knows your pin and has added her own fingerprint. That's all
baba you sabi.
Multiple Fingerprints could be created when pin is accessed

1 Share

Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by jumper524(m): 4:41pm On Jun 27
oliverwrites:
A 5 year old can't be that smart. Yes, she is smarter than the average but it is definitely not my pin.
my 4 year old cousin is a genius then.
at 3 years of age, kid already know how to open phones with passwords.
not joking

1 Like

Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by Kingray10: 4:44pm On Jun 27
oliverwrites:
Some of you are just kids. Must you call me silly? My password combination is hard to guess, and I definitely know what I am saying.

Plus you are just an idiota, a Google search has shown it is possible and since I started this thread I have seen another post on quora where more than 10 people confirmed the same thing happened to them.

Fuccking idiota.
Oga idiota, I m not the cause of your problems.
No come pour ur life frustration for my mention. I take God beg you.
Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by Kingray10: 4:45pm On Jun 27
jumper524:
not joking
Leave Op, make he think otherwise.
He think say present day children they dumb like am.
Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by MONEY247: 5:00pm On Jun 27
I am a twin...
Me and my bro fingerprints are the same....
I went to the bank to thumbprint and it showed his profile....

I think people prints can be duplicated....

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by shomutuski(m): 5:06pm On Jun 27
oliverwrites:
A 5 year old can't be that smart. Yes, she is smarter than the average but it is definitely not my pin.

Your phone is crap, thats the only plausible explanation. Biometrics is called biometrics for a reason, no fingerlayer variation are the same even for twins.

We have whorl, loop and arch - each one comes with a gazillion forms depending on gene expression.

Although mobile phones can have finger print glitches, the probability of it happening is around 2% and for iOS is 1 in 50,000.

In summary that phone na ekee

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by oliverwrites: 5:11pm On Jun 27
Kingray10:

Oga idiota, I m not the cause of your problems.
No come pour ur life frustration for my mention. I take God beg you.
You are an idiota for sure. Calling someone silly because you disagreed shows your parents did a terrible job in raising you.

7 Likes

Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by quip: 5:13pm On Jun 27
richiemcgold:
Scientists in the house, is it possible for a child to genetically inherit his/her parent's fingerprint?

this is the question you should have asked.
Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by oliverwrites: 5:13pm On Jun 27
jumper524:
not joking
I am not saying it is not possible. It is very possible to know the passwords but for this phone she doesn't know the password. 100% sure.
Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by Karleb(m): 5:18pm On Jun 27
GodHimself:
No. Your fingerprint is your product serial number.

No human has ever had it before you, and no human will ever have it after you for ever.

Same with your tongue print and your iris, all the way down to your DNA.

Each human is the first and last of his/her kind.

Actually, Identical twins, triplets etc. share thesame fingerprint and tongueprint etc.

4 Likes

Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by Angel55555(m): 6:12pm On Jun 27
oliverwrites:
The first time she did it I felt it was a coincidence. But it has happened many times that I think her fingerprints opens my phone.

Two different phones now.

There are times it doesn't open it but I have seen this happen like 6 times.

Is this a normal thing?

Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by richiemcgold: 6:23pm On Jun 27
quip:

this is the question you should have asked.

I'm not the OP. I'm only interested in the topic. If you have the answer, kindly state it here.
Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by Teeyoo(m): 6:29pm On Jun 27
oliverwrites:
The first time she did it I felt it was a coincidence. But it has happened many times that I think her fingerprints opens my phone.

Is this a normal thing?

Same as my daughter too. Her finger print matches my wife's own and she can unlock my wife's phone. My wife didn't add my daughter's fingerprint because she can go to where she's not allowed to go to on the phone even using her face to unlock her mum's phone.

1 Like

Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by willoly(m): 6:30pm On Jun 27
That saves you cost for DNA.

3 Likes

Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by FuckTheMod: 6:31pm On Jun 27
Caaz:
Kids are smarter than us.my kids have hacked my pin so many times,I kuku leave it like that.
Smarter than you and people around you, AND NOT US.
POINT OF CORRECTION!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by willoly(m): 6:32pm On Jun 27
Karleb:

Actually, Identical twins, triplets etc. share thesame fingerprint and tongueprint etc.

No, na nyashprint not tongueprint

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by Pootle: 6:32pm On Jun 27
itel phone even cat paw can open itel devices undecided
Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by Azazyel: 6:33pm On Jun 27
oliverwrites:

Is this a normal thing?

She knows your pin so she has been using your phones. She stored her fingerprints on your phone's. Go to settings, security and you'll see that there's more than one fingerprint there that is if you have yours already there
Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by Chibuzoripob: 6:35pm On Jun 27
grin grin grin tecno, ITEL, grin grin
Zonefree:
Transsion phone?
Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by Azazyel: 6:35pm On Jun 27
Teeyoo:

Same as my daughter too. Her finger print matches my wife's own and she can unlock my wife's phone. My wife didn't add my daughter's fingerprint because she can go to where she's not allowed to go to on the phone even using her face to unlock her mum's phone.

Not possible! Every human has a unique fingerprint.
Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by PUNANI01: 6:35pm On Jun 27
Zonefree:
Transsion phone?
Tecno, Itel, Gionee, Infinix cool grin
Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by Cmanforall: 6:36pm On Jun 27
richiemcgold:
Scientists in the house, is it possible for a child to genetically inherit his/her parent's fingerprint?

It's not possible. The phone security is likely of inferior quality. OP can post the name of the phone and model for confirmation

1 Like

Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by Azazyel: 6:37pm On Jun 27
Karleb:

Stop saying what you don't know

1 Like

Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by cjudy(m): 6:37pm On Jun 27
oliverwrites:
5yrs can’t guess your pin? Make I laugh you small. You Dey play with kids of nowadays Abi
Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by Asawoboy: 6:37pm On Jun 27
Cut the finger
Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by amnesty7: 6:38pm On Jun 27
MrOreo:
At least look on the bright side of this, you no need run DNA test!
That is if the child didn't put her fingerprint already.
The OP just being unnecessarily argumentative. The kid outsmarted the analog head and added her own fingerprint.
Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by Magnumproperty: 6:38pm On Jun 27
Naaa her mama enroll her fingerprint

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Can You Relate To Any Of These Photos? (Only The 80's Can Relate) / Reasons Why Marrying Someone For A Green Card Is A Bad Idea Fraught With Risk / Why Do Most Girls Gets So Fat After Marriage?

Viewing this topic: Kishkosh and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.