Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,725 members, 7,892,857 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 06:56 PM

My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone (40529 Views)

Help A Rat Is Harassing Me In My House It's Opens My Food Pot / My Wife's Wahala. Goes Through My Phone Every 3 Days / Conversation About A Dog & Water Between My Daughter & Girl That Stays With Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by papyjaypaul: 6:39pm On Jun 27
robinso01:
It happens, even with face lock. The only sure lock is pin or pattern.

Does it open for identical twins grin

Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by Xpol: 6:39pm On Jun 27
henrimoto:
See how rude you are about this...showing how ignorant you are about certain things..

Don't you know that there is possibility of that child inherit part of his father's finger print.

Guy, wetin we no know, plenty.
not possible, my AI told me the possibility is one in 64 quintillion. It may just be a mistaken id from the phone app.

1 Like

Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by Xpol: 6:40pm On Jun 27
henrimoto:
See how rude you are about this...showing how ignorant you are about certain things..

Don't you know that there is possibility of that child inherit part of his father's finger print.

Guy, wetin we no know, plenty.
not possible, my AI told me the possibility is one in 64 quintillion. It may just be a mistaken id from the phone app.

Apps are not perfect.

2 Likes

Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by StraightGaay: 6:41pm On Jun 27
Caaz:
Kids are smarter than us.my kids have hacked my pin so many times,I kuku leave it like that.
Nothing like hacked, don't get over your head, your pin or password is weak, she guessed it, I wish I can get my hands on your gadgets, na clean sweep I go do am
Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by waice6571: 6:43pm On Jun 27
robinso01:
It happens, even with face lock. The only sure lock is pin or pattern.

The same is happening here. My son's fingerprint opens her mum's phone and also the face lock. I think those phones pins and locks are not as secured as we are made to belief.

My wife linked her right thumbprint to the phone but my son will open it with his 2 middle fingers combined. The boy accidentally discovered it and alerted everyone at the moment.

My wife uses Redmi Note....

3 Likes

Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by otherway: 6:46pm On Jun 27
richiemcgold:
I'm very much interested in this topic.

Scientists in the house, is it possible for a child to genetically inherit his/her parent's fingerprint?

No sir.

1 Like

Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by Kdon2: 6:46pm On Jun 27
oliverwrites:
A 5 year old can't be that smart. Yes, she is smarter than the average but it is definitely not my pin.

Dey play. You better go and check
Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by exnovio(m): 6:47pm On Jun 27
She has your DNA
Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by ceejayluv(m): 6:48pm On Jun 27
My face unlocked a colleague's phone once years Back. I told him, he didn't believe... Tried it again several times but never worked anymore.

1 Like

Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by MICVOCT(m): 6:50pm On Jun 27
richiemcgold:

Scientists in the house, is it possible for a child to genetically inherit his/her parent's fingerprint?

It is real.

I had once and twice opened a colleague device via fingerprint, until it was changed.

How that happend, I couldn't explained.

Cheers!

MICVOCT
Circumventing difficulties
Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by oliverwrites: 6:51pm On Jun 27
cjudy:

5yrs can’t guess your pin? Make I laugh you small. You Dey play with kids of nowadays Abi
It is not pin, it is password. I am not dumb, if she can guess it I will say. I use things such 123$,Gon.ners456. I am an IT person and my passwords are not easy to guess.

Especially not for a 5 year old.

2 Likes

Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by oliverwrites: 6:52pm On Jun 27
waice6571:

The same is happening here. My son's fingerprint opens her mum's phone and also the face lock. I think those phones pins and locks are not as secured as we are made to belief.

My wife linked her right thumbprint to the phone but my son will open it with his 2 middle fingers combined. The boy accidentally discovered it and alerted everyone at the moment.

This is wonderful especially as I use Redmi too. But she does it even with my Google pixel 3.
Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by profmallor: 6:53pm On Jun 27
She is still young and probably hasn't used her fingers that much yet so the variances between her fingers and yours, been her father, is not much yet. The Girl probably inherited a lot of your physical attributes which makes it a lot easier to trick the face recognition and fingerprint security SW on a phone. She would lose some of those superpowers as she grows, but the good side of this is that you probably dont need a DNA to confirm she is yours. I do think you should make a video of that and send to the phone manufacturers; they might want to look further into that.

oliverwrites:
A 5 year old can't be that smart. Yes, she is smarter than the average but it is definitely not my pin.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by Trendsoulmate(f): 6:54pm On Jun 27
oliverwrites:

My four year old opens both pin and pattern on two different phones belonging to me. I didn't know until the maid told me she opens every one's phone at will. Pin or pattern. No matter how many times you change it
Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by oliverwrites: 6:55pm On Jun 27
profmallor:
She is still young and probably hasn't used her fingers that much yet so the variances between her fingers and yours, been her father, is not much yet. The Girl probably inherited a lot of your physical attributes which makes it a lot easier to trick the face recognition and fingerprint security SW on a phone. She would lose some of those superpowers as she grows, but the good side of this is that you probably dont need a DNA to confirm she is yours. I do think you should make a video of that and send to the phone manufacturers; they might want to look further into that.

She looks very much like me even in character. I look at her sometimes and start laughing cos it is shocking that a girl child can look so much like me and have my attributes.

1 Like

Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by MICVOCT(m): 6:55pm On Jun 27
Deprincess4321:
If i talk nw d wil wnt to insult me,,,bt sincerely,i bought tecno pop7 n used my fingerprint,,, my 4yr old daughter nt up to a week,i was washing cloths outside,she ran up to me happily shouting mummy i placed my finger in dis place u use to place n unlock your phone,and ur phn went on,i was shockd at hw possible dat was,n to b sure i immediatly went to settings to check if d is another finger print,bt i found jst my own,whch means she unlockd my phn wit her fingerprint,,,duo since dat day she cnt use it again

Never mind jare....same happend with me whereas I was able to open a device not own.

Cheers.

MICVOCT
Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by Unperturbedpota: 6:55pm On Jun 27
Zonefree:
Transsion phone?

Likely all those Tecno Infinix or itel..
Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by Karleb(m): 6:56pm On Jun 27
Azazyel:

Stop saying what you don't know

I hate how you people argue sha.

You are more concerned about winning an argument than learning what you don't know.

There's an Indian movie made concerning this.
There are real life legal cases concerning this.
There are textbooks written concerning this which I'm sure you never read in your life.

Nna ehn!

Identical twins share the same fingerprints!

3 Likes

Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by ElSudani: 6:56pm On Jun 27
oliverwrites:

If your pin is easy like 3434 or something like that a three year old would open it. I have seen it.
Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by ucbenjamin696(m): 6:56pm On Jun 27
Caaz:
Kids are smarter than us.my kids have hacked my pin so many times,I kuku leave it like that.

You really know the meaning of the word "HACK"... he peeped & knew ur pin simple

1 Like

Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by CharleyBright(m): 6:57pm On Jun 27
richiemcgold:

No two persons have same fingerprints.

1 Like

Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by oliverwrites: 6:57pm On Jun 27
Trendsoulmate:

My four year old opens both pin and pattern on two different phones belonging to me. I didn't know until the maid told me she opens every one's phone at will. Pin or pattern. No matter how many times you change it
I use passwords not pins or patterns and my combinations are somethinf 123$,Gon.ners456 or sometimes 123$,Gun.26ners. ( two dots ).

You think a 5 years old will guess that?

1 Like

Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by DJInfluence: 6:58pm On Jun 27
The phone is likely using a cheap fingerprint sensor.

2 Likes

Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by harjay1986: 6:58pm On Jun 27
oliverwrites:
The first time she did it I felt it was a coincidence. But it has happened many times that I think her fingerprints opens my phone.

Two different phones now.

There are times it doesn't open it but I have seen this happen like 6 times.

Is this a normal thing?

Thats your own DNA test , why you con dey loud am?
Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by Quebec91(m): 6:59pm On Jun 27
Chikenna
oranget:
She knows your pin and has added her own fingerprint. That's all
Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by waice6571: 7:00pm On Jun 27
Azazyel:

Not possible! Every human has a unique fingerprint.

That's what they made us believe... Maybe there are exceptions πŸ€”
Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by MICVOCT(m): 7:00pm On Jun 27
waice6571:

That's my view as well.
Cheers.

MICVOCT
Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by DrYa: 7:00pm On Jun 27
Op...

This is very true and real.
My sons fingerprint opens my husband's phone, initially I thought he used the pin to open it, he itself was shocked that he opened daddy's phone.
I then told him to do it in my presence, omo, his finger print opened my husband's phone life and direct, e shock me.

I mentioned it to a friend at work, the next thing he said was that his own daughters finger print also opened his phone, omo, I just gave up.

I think it's rare but it does happen..
Even if no 2 finger prints are the same, i think the child's finger print is similar to parent,and the phone sees it as maybe identical..I no even understand but it really happens.

2 Likes

Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by sonofthunder: 7:01pm On Jun 27
oliverwrites:
The first time she did it I felt it was a coincidence. But it has happened many times that I think her fingerprints opens my phone.

Is this a normal thing?

For those saying your child or your wife added your daughter's fingerprint, I believe it should be easy for you to check and confirm through settings.

1 Like

Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by CrownLands(m): 7:02pm On Jun 27
oliverwrites:

Is this a normal thing?

Be careful what you keep in your phone. She will someday unlock it for her Mom. πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ€—
Re: My Daughter's Fingerprint Opens My Phone by Judolisco(m): 7:03pm On Jun 27
oliverwrites:
dey play come Abuja comee see 5 yrs old dey run wonders with phone

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Demon Wife Has Finally Left My House / Oyibo Man Pounds Yam For His African Wife / How Should I Punish My Brother For Doing This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.