Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,382 members, 7,908,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 06:48 PM

How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires (29398 Views)

Top Online Business That Has Made Most Young People Millionaires In Nigeria / Top Online Businesses That Made Their Owners Millionaires / Top 5 Millionaires Who Made Their Money Online And How They Did It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by Makunahatata: 6:42pm On Jul 08
DMerciful:
Read to understand!

How many stories have you heard that someone came to Lagos from Osun or Ekiti as a pauper and became a multimillionaire?
den talk u no get sense.. just shut up already

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by DMerciful(m): 6:43pm On Jul 08
If you like turn it to jokes, the message has been delivered.

If you people don't work hard in Lagos, they will not benefit from the opportunities that abounds in Lagos. Lagos is nobody's birthright!
Omoawoke:

All millionaires in Lagos are Easterners!
All easterners in Lagos are hardworking and are millionaires
Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by oyeb15: 6:44pm On Jul 08
He did not tell us he did juju and bury it in his shop to attract customers
Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by blacknp(m): 6:44pm On Jul 08
Makunahatata:
Na because of Lagos State, Dmerciful still dey inside poverty.

2 Likes

Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by Makunahatata: 6:45pm On Jul 08
sultanofpigs:
Inferiority Complex...

Have you ever talked about any SW State as much as you discuss LAGOS?

Everyday..LAGOS..LAGOS..LAGOS...

Even my Lebanese friends know that they can NEVER settle in

OYO
OGUN
EKITI
KWARA
OSUN
ONDO...

They even make mockery of the fact that without NIGERIANs especially IGBOs that Katsina will be better than LAGOS...Just imagine!! cheesy
e no concern u pained Okoro, Create threads about Imo, Anambra Abia if u like

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by blacknp(m): 6:46pm On Jul 08
DMerciful:

If you people don't work hard in Lagos, they will not benefit from the opportunities that abounds in Lagos. Lagos is nobody's birthright!
Please stop exhibiting your ignorance, you sound like someone wey never cross River Niger Bridge, unless maybe on those few occasions that you visited Asaba.

2 Likes

Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by ObalendeCMS: 6:47pm On Jul 08
Nyamiriflathed:
The Ibos have invaded the thread to spill their usual vitriol, jealousy and bad belle.

very anyhow People!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by DMerciful(m): 6:48pm On Jul 08
You got the message now!

Even if you're an indigenous Lagosian, if you don't work hard, outsiders who work hard would reap the benefits why you keep shouting "awa Lagos"
blacknp:
Please learn to stop viewing the world through your fickle minded myopic imagination.
Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by Omoawoke: 6:48pm On Jul 08
DMerciful:

It is no joke bro! I am telling you fact. Lagos belongs to easterners and all millionaires in Lagos are from the east

2 Likes

Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by blacknp(m): 6:49pm On Jul 08
FreeStuffsNG:
Smh. It's obvious that you are an outsider if you think Lagos is for sale. The true wealth of Lagos is still safely in the hands of the Yoruba, especially those wealthy educated Yoruba families right from colonial Lagos.
Lagos has never been for sale and will never be. It's beyond what you can comprehend wink
You know wetin d’sup.

Na the few ignorant ones wey never cross River Niger bridge, dey reason like that Thing.

2 Likes

Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by DMerciful(m): 6:50pm On Jul 08
I have crossed several oceans including the Atlantic and the Pacific
blacknp:
Please stop exhibiting your ignorance, you sound like someone wey never cross River Niger Bridge, unless maybe on those few occasions that you visited Asaba.
Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by DMerciful(m): 6:51pm On Jul 08
You've been noticed. Now run along
Makunahatata:
Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by HantaVirus(m): 6:51pm On Jul 08
If you want to become a millionaire in Lagos state,Go to the island and start selling food.

It could be a shop or roadside but make sure it's located in a high brow area on the island.

You could sell Jollof rice/Fried rice/Salad/Moi Moi with Turkey ,Chicken and Fish....You can even inflate your price Eg Sell a piece of uncut grilled or fried turkey for 10k and people will buy it as long as you're neat.

Lagosians spends billions of naira on food everyday.

Beggars eat everyday not to talk of millionaires and billionaires.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by Weknowbetter: 6:51pm On Jul 08
He was about his business. He graduated university and also had land to sale to start his entrepreneurship. Pauper where??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by blacknp(m): 6:52pm On Jul 08
DMerciful:
I have crossed several oceans including the Atlantic and the Pacific
Na em you still dey reason like this, like person wey never cross Onitsha bridge before?

Then I believe man, na out of bad belle you they yan opata, and speaking out of bad belle logic, can make one sound very silly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by Emeka71(m): 6:54pm On Jul 08
FreeStuffsNG:
Lagos State’s gross domestic product (GDP) is estimated at $137 billion – $145 billion. Forget whether it is fourth or fifth largest on the continent, pay attention to what that size means: Bigger than Kenya’s $113.4 billion econom, Ghana’s $74 billion GDP, and Ethiopia’s $127 billion economy.

Every serious business has its headquarters or at least a major branch in Lagos. Headquarters of all the major financial institutions from banks to insurance companies are in Lagos.

Whether you are a foreigner or Nigerian, I urge you to please bring your investments to Lagos State.
Your investments are safe and you're guaranteed of a working business environment with great returns on investment and the best investor-friendly experience in Nigeria and Africa.

Please join others already doing so.
Lagos is the right place to site your investments. You, your family and investments are safe in Lagos.

We overcame all the adversities of dilapidated/obsolete failed eyesore FG infrastructures, ghost town Lagos CBDs, filth, bomb blasts, OPC/Hausa wars, state sponsored assassination of Yoruba leaders etc when the rest of Nigeria abandoned Lagos for their Yoruba host after the annulment of June 12, 1993 and relocation of federal capital away from Lagos. They trooped en masse to their villages and states mocking us that it was over for us. Today, we are happy that we reveresd things in Lagos and it is no more Oso Abiola in Lagos, it's now reverse. Our state is now courted by same people and their descendants who mocked Lagos then. We and our parents did it! We are grateful to God and few other Nigerians and foreigners who stood by us during the low ebb period of our city. We are building our own Lagos state-owned state of the art world class ports, bridges, teaching hospitals, airports etc today.

If you are a non-Yoruba, when you relocate your investment to Lagos, my advice for you is to stay off the local Lagos Yoruba politics, do not go into illegitimate and criminal business, face your investments, give back to your Lagos host community in form of corporate social responsibility, do not destroy the environment, respect and live at peace with your Yoruba host and watch how Yorubaland will bless you , your family and investment with great returns far beyond your expectations!

This is the best time for you to relocate your investment to Lagos.
May God continue to bless Lagos State and Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!
Good news.

2 Likes

Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by Makunahatata: 6:57pm On Jul 08
DMerciful:
You've been noticed. Now run along
yenyenyen dunce

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by InvertedHammer: 6:58pm On Jul 08
/
Good one!

The story is about a few that made it and not the millions languishing in poverty in Lagos.
Infact everyone in Lagos is a millionaire. Makoko and Ajegunle are in Ogun State.

The real people that live in Lagos know that the report is based on outliers and is total bullshit.
/

1 Like

Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by ExDepressed: 6:59pm On Jul 08
Anyone who disagrees with this is just lying to themselves. Lagos has made men. Lagos seems to reset ones mindset upon stepping into the city. I haven't been to Lagos before and I am many many miles far from Lagos bit Lagos is just truly the land of excellence.
Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by nasbiafra(m): 7:00pm On Jul 08
lagos is a centre of excellence no doubts,its the worst place i have ever stayed,the suffer way bail up me for three years for lagos,i never see am for anyother place way i don go

just personal opinion
Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by ejimatic: 7:01pm On Jul 08
FreeStuffsNG:

https://businessday.ng/news/article/how-lagos-turns-paupers-into-mega-millionaires/
. Is there any one of them that used a wealth -enhancing charm to make money in Lagos? I a just thinking aloud !
Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by DMerciful(m): 7:02pm On Jul 08
Its not bad belle but sound advice. I do not believe because you come from a rich state, you become rich automatically or you start feeling entitled. If you don't work as hard as other Nigerians in Lagos, nothing for you
blacknp:
Na em you still dey reason like this, like person wey never cross Onitsha bridge before?

Then I believe man, na out of bad belle you they yan opata, and speaking out of bad belle logic, can make one sound very silly.
Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by tunde1200(m): 7:03pm On Jul 08
Eko Akete iluogbon ati IMO.
God bless Yoruba land
God bless Nigeria.
God bless Yoruba people home and abroad.

Haters from hating region go and huge transformer if you no like am.
Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by Afonja007: 7:03pm On Jul 08
angryimagine afonjas region is niger delta,you won't even cross and enter lagos ,everything in lagos was built with oil money but today agbadorians are claiming that it was from cocoa by tinubu ,wole soyinka insulted good luck Jonathan and his wife today agbadorians changed it to he was trying to advise them
Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by Electorate: 7:04pm On Jul 08
FreeStuffsNG:
Lagos State’s gross domestic product (GDP) is estimated at $137 billion – $145 billion. Forget whether it is fourth or fifth largest on the continent, pay attention to what that size means: Bigger than Kenya’s $113.4 billion econom, Ghana’s $74 billion GDP, and Ethiopia’s $127 billion economy.

Every serious business has its headquarters or at least a major branch in Lagos. Headquarters of all the major financial institutions from banks to insurance companies are in Lagos.

Whether you are a foreigner or Nigerian, I urge you to please bring your investments to Lagos State.
Your investments are safe and you're guaranteed of a working business environment with great returns on investment and the best investor-friendly experience in Nigeria and Africa.

Please join others already doing so.
Lagos is the right place to site your investments. You, your family and investments are safe in Lagos.

We overcame all the adversities of dilapidated/obsolete failed eyesore FG infrastructures, ghost town Lagos CBDs, filth, bomb blasts, OPC/Hausa wars, ravaging Atlantic Ocean, state sponsored assassination of Yoruba leaders etc when the rest of Nigeria abandoned Lagos for their Yoruba host after the annulment of June 12, 1993 and relocation of federal capital away from Lagos. They trooped en masse to their villages and states mocking us that it was over for us. Today, we are happy that we reveresd things in Lagos and it is no more Oso Abiola in Lagos, it's now reverse. Our state is now courted by same people and their descendants who mocked Lagos then. We and our parents did it! We are grateful to God and few other Nigerians and foreigners who stood by us during the low ebb period of our city. We are building our own Lagos state-owned state of the art world class ports, bridges, teaching hospitals, airports etc today.

If you are a non-Yoruba, when you relocate your investment to Lagos, my advice for you is to stay off the local Lagos Yoruba politics, do not go into illegitimate and criminal business, face your investments, give back to your Lagos host community in form of corporate social responsibility, do not destroy the environment, respect and live at peace with your Yoruba host and watch how Yorubaland will bless you , your family and investment with great returns far beyond your expectations!

This is the best time for you to relocate your investment to Lagos.
May God continue to bless Lagos State and Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

After writing good of Lagos you just have to be tribalistic to massage your predictable ego...You always see igbos in your dreams day and night you cannot stop mentioning them despite Nigeria having 371 other tribes...That makes the igbos VERY important.

I am Yoruba before you tag someone you don't know igbo for not agreeing with you.

Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by Adakintroy: 7:08pm On Jul 08
Lagos has opportunity that's all lots of it. If you are strong and hard working you just be scooping money from sand. It almost too easy it's a laugh. But you have to be hard-working and very strong to begin with.
Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by lomprico(m): 7:09pm On Jul 08
Orubebe worked his way up, he did not join agbero or omonile. I'm sure those lazy urchins claiming indigenes are already full of envy for him.
Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by FreeStuffsNG: 7:09pm On Jul 08
Electorate:

You are Igbo wink

If you are not Igbo you would have read that I referred to the rest of Nigerians and not only Igbo. The campaign was very popularly called oso Abiola by the Igbo. If you know what other Nigerian tribes call their own mass migration out of Lagos during the June 12 , 1993 campaign for de-annulment of the Presidential election result, please tell me. I want to learn sir.
It is a sad fact that Lagos was abandoned. We had nowhere to go so stayed back to build our state.
Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by Hezmatosky: 7:13pm On Jul 08
So what of person wey no get land to sell? So you get landed property and still call yourself poor? Misplaced priority angry Like Rivers, like APC angry
Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by Jamie248: 7:15pm On Jul 08
What's the point of this article
Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by ufotunang: 7:25pm On Jul 08
One can make it anywhere in other states in Nigeria and be a millionaire.. they are people that became millionaires in other states

1 Like

Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by Ijaya123: 7:28pm On Jul 08
GODPUNISHALABI:
their remaining states and shitholes why dem no go dey drag lagos with the Almighty igbo tribe ,the tormentor of ronu bandits and under bridge dwellers

The businesses and investment in Sango Ota alone is more than all that you have in your Almighty Igbo lands.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can One Shop On Ebay From Nigeria? / A Bank Has Been Built In Igbogbo Ikorodu, Finally (Photo) / Hope I Wouldn't Find Myself To Be Blamed If I Return This ATM Card To The Owner

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.