Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,382 members, 7,908,086 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 06:59 PM

How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires (29402 Views)

Top Online Business That Has Made Most Young People Millionaires In Nigeria / Top Online Businesses That Made Their Owners Millionaires / Top 5 Millionaires Who Made Their Money Online And How They Did It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by hafeeanubasy: 7:31pm On Jul 08
Most Igbo people are like that but instead of appreciating the city they will claim they built it and wish for the fall of the city at the same time

1 Like

Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by membranus: 7:33pm On Jul 08
Now every Nnamdi, Osaro and Tahiru will be rushing to Lagos when they hear this news that it is easy to become a billionaire there, thereby congesting the city the more.

Lagos will hear it, yet they will not stop molesting and abusing the Yorubas who owns the city and its lands.

2 Likes

Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by hafeeanubasy: 7:33pm On Jul 08
Realtruth2023:

Oga give me a break you guys did nothing abeg Lagos is what it is because it was a former federal capital, there was nothing fantastic you did or anyone did there, If for anything you guys have degraded Lagos, at a time Lagos was for ahead of cities like Nairobi, Accra Dakar and other prominent cities in Africa, but right now can you confidently say that Lagos is ahead of these cities? the answer is No.
Please focus on your freestuff business and stop this show of deceit. I think you need to be gainfully employed not this nonsense you are doing.
A fool doesn't know the difference between Lagos and Lagos state.

And since when has Lagos stopped being a Capital?...
Mention one major project done by FG in lagos since 1991!
Show us the skyline of IKOYI,VI in 1992
Show us LEKKI and LFTZ in 1991

You better look for another reason for your backwardness

1 Like

Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by Goodvibes007: 7:35pm On Jul 08
blacknp:
To live, & die in L.A., nowhere like home.

Please don’t blame people like Dmerciful who is based in the east of Nigeria, bordering Republic du Cameroon.
Lol.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by hafeeanubasy: 7:35pm On Jul 08
Afonja007:
angryimagine afonjas region is niger delta,you won't even cross and enter lagos ,everything in lagos was built with oil money but today agbadorians are claiming that it was from cocoa by tinubu ,wole soyinka insulted good luck Jonathan and his wife today agbadorians changed it to he was trying to advise them
Try and make sense na lol

You don't have to show that you are mad all the time
Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by membranus: 7:36pm On Jul 08
DMerciful:
Read to understand!

How many stories have you heard that someone came to Lagos from Osun or Ekiti as a pauper and became a multimillionaire?

Your hated man from Iragbiji, who commands Lagos political wealth, from what state is he?
Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by ElSudani: 7:37pm On Jul 08
FreeStuffsNG:
Lagos State’s gross domestic product (GDP) is estimated at $137 billion – $145 billion. Forget whether it is fourth or fifth largest on the continent, pay attention to what that size means: Bigger than Kenya’s $113.4 billion econom, Ghana’s $74 billion GDP, and Ethiopia’s $127 billion economy.

Every serious business has its headquarters or at least a major branch in Lagos. Headquarters of all the major financial institutions from banks to insurance companies are in Lagos.

Whether you are a foreigner or Nigerian, I urge you to please bring your investments to Lagos State.
Your investments are safe and you're guaranteed of a working business environment with great returns on investment and the best investor-friendly experience in Nigeria and Africa.

Please join others already doing so.
Lagos is the right place to site your investments. You, your family and investments are safe in Lagos.

We overcame all the adversities of dilapidated/obsolete failed eyesore FG infrastructures, ghost town Lagos CBDs, filth, bomb blasts, OPC/Hausa wars, ravaging Atlantic Ocean, state sponsored assassination of Yoruba leaders etc when the rest of Nigeria abandoned Lagos for their Yoruba host after the annulment of June 12, 1993 and relocation of federal capital away from Lagos. They trooped en masse to their villages and states mocking us that it was over for us. Today, we are happy that we reveresd things in Lagos and it is no more Oso Abiola in Lagos, it's now reverse. Our state is now courted by same people and their descendants who mocked Lagos then. We and our parents did it! We are grateful to God and few other Nigerians and foreigners who stood by us during the low ebb period of our city. We are building our own Lagos state-owned state of the art world class ports, bridges, teaching hospitals, airports etc today.

If you are a non-Yoruba, when you relocate your investment to Lagos, my advice for you is to stay off the local Lagos Yoruba politics, do not go into illegitimate and criminal business, face your investments, give back to your Lagos host community in form of corporate social responsibility, do not destroy the environment, respect and live at peace with your Yoruba host and watch how Yorubaland will bless you , your family and investment with great returns far beyond your expectations!

This is the best time for you to relocate your investment to Lagos.
May God continue to bless Lagos State and Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

"We overcame all the adversities of dilapidated/obsolete failed eyesore FG infrastructures, ghost town Lagos CBDs, filth, bomb blasts, OPC/Hausa wars, ravaging Atlantic Ocean, state sponsored assassination of Yoruba leaders etc when the rest of Nigeria abandoned Lagos for their Yoruba host after the annulment of June 12, 1993 and relocation of federal capital away from Lagos."

This is basically what a lot of people don't want to acknowledge about the role of Tinubu in what Lagos has become today.
We were there and we saw the decline before him and the transformation after him.
Let us give honor to whom honor is due.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by Ashirioluwa: 7:39pm On Jul 08
All I know is that no Nigerian businessman will tell you the full story behind his success or the dirty and shady sides of his business.

All Nigerians, big boys and girls, are business tycoons until they get caught or exposed, like Hushpuppy and Obinwanne Okeke.
Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by sultanofpigs: 7:41pm On Jul 08
PAIN cheesy

Makunahatata:
e no concern u pained Okoro, Create threads about Imo, Anambra Abia if u like
Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by sultanofpigs: 7:42pm On Jul 08
ASK THE LEBANESE that said so cheesy

Dicoomoba:

Are you not ashamed of building another man’s land ? Please can you reside to Katsina? 😂
Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by LordBillionz: 7:42pm On Jul 08
grin grin

And this is supposed to cause orgasms for ndi for mmanu?

In Al that was said and even in the sample story that was told, what exactly did the land Lagos offer the 'pauper' from Rivers?

How is his story different from the persons that left other places of their abode and became millionaires too?

There are many similar stories in the east and people are making it big.

And they did so without setting their foot in the so called Lagos...

The businesses that have their headquarters in Lagos, are they in Lagos because there is something special offered by ndi ofe mmanu or is this an effect of what was and which same people that have the businesses contributed to build....

They keep saying Lagos built them, what exactly did it add?

If the name Lagos is popular, it's cause of the people in Lagos and what they made of it.

And those you're mischievously trolling with your mischievous thread, came and saw opportunities presented by themselves worked their asses off and contributed to what is called Lagos today.

In nnewi for instance, or Aba, they can't boast of solely being responsible for making the name they have because people from other parts of Nigeria contributed to it's growth...

Same goes to Abuja, PH and others....

And for a start, being a former capital, close to the sea and favoured by the early governments of the country, these are things that presented the initial opportunities that those that came added to. This is what it added but the people that came maximised it.

If you like stay lazy in your house and be looking for who to tell that Lagos built them.

The came, saw and conquered like many are doing in other parts of the country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by DMerciful(m): 7:42pm On Jul 08
From Guinea Conakry.

His Nigerian ancenstry is unknown!
membranus:

Your hated man from Iragbiji, who commands Lagos political wealth, from what state is he?
Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by frog12: 7:44pm On Jul 08
Henley & Partners’ 2024 Africa Wealth Report 2024 said Lagos has 4,200 millionaires (in dollars).

anybody believe this grin grin grin
Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by tete7000(m): 7:45pm On Jul 08
Lagos is what someone is hailing like this? O ma se o, it is true that if we grow up in a slum, we get conditioned to thinking that slum is an okay place to live. Lagos is a very highly disorganised city, for everyone person that manages to make it, there are thousands living in abject poverty.

1 Like

Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by frog12: 7:45pm On Jul 08
where is oke-afa for goodness sakes? why 2 bedroom dey go for 1 million for there? shocked shocked
Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by DMerciful(m): 7:47pm On Jul 08
I'm not constrained to a mere geographical expression; i have dual citizenship!

Even in Nigeria, because I'm Igbo from Delta State, I can be called a Niger Deltan, I am from SS( whatever that nonsense mean), I'm a Biafran as well as a Nigerian.

Una nor reach
blacknp:
To live, & die in L.A., nowhere like home.

Please don’t blame people like Dmerciful who is based in the east of Nigeria, bordering Republic du Cameroon.
Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by Electorate: 7:52pm On Jul 08
FreeStuffsNG:
You are Igbo wink

If you are not Igbo you would have read that I referred to the rest of Nigerians and not only Igbo. The campaign was very popularly called oso Abiola by the Igbo. If you know what other Nigerian tribes call their own mass migration out of Lagos during the June 12 , 1993 campaign for de-annulment of the Presidential election result, please tell me. I want to learn sir.
It is a sad fact that Lagos was abandoned. We had nowhere to go so stayed back to build our state.

Have you asked yourself why you quickly tag someone you don't know or haven't met in real life on a faceless forum igbo just because they have an opposing view? You think it is only the igbos that didn't vote Tinubu or you think some of us Yorubas didn't vote for Peter Obi...abeg, stop this sense of reasoning.
Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by frog12: 7:59pm On Jul 08
lekki has seriously bloomed

hafeeanubasy:

A fool doesn't know the difference between Lagos and Lagos state.

And since when has Lagos stopped being a Capital?...
Mention one major project done by FG in lagos since 1991!
Show us the skyline of IKOYI,VI in 1992
Show us LEKKI and LFTZ in 1991

You better look for another reason for your backwardness
Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by stevups(m): 8:03pm On Jul 08
Nyamiriflathed:

This Lineage Is Dedicated To Our Awori Members both in Lagos and Ogun state.

Awori ki ti gbe, O gbe ire
Awon Omo Ogunfunminire
Mariwo eh eh, agan eh eh
Mariwo tu yeri yeri
Agan tu yeri yeri
Awori Omo Akesan, omo oloko ni ilu Isheri,
Omo iwaju oloko to n s’owo,
Eyinkule oloko to nso ejigba’leke,
Omo ogedengede oloko to ntan yebe yebe loju omi,
Omo kafopa wa kafaje wa, ka tun sopa nu ka s’aje nu,
Kafogede gede owo w’ako de’le Isheri,
Omo agbeleke r’eru, omo eyigba, omo onitigbo mokun,
Omo erin gbokun yin ibon ode, omo ere fa kalu,
Omo oro nje omo oro nso, omo abi maku omo are maso,
Omo okansoso ajanaku to n migbo kijikiji.....
Omo Ogunrombi, omo arogun masa, omo ogun
niwase.

Edumare jowo bawa da Ilu Awori si ni gbogbo Eko de ipinle Ogun

Ase

Ase! Awori a gbe o. Edumare a duro tie. Tere ki te, oni te,

1 Like

Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by Uncletony(m): 8:05pm On Jul 08
I pray to God every day let nothing warrant me going to Lagos state. I can't seat inside my car for 6hrs.
Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by PHAYOL81: 8:21pm On Jul 08
Nice piece but to be candid, Lagos should be doing better in physical infrastructure, sanitation, residents mobility and food security.
Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by kayusely70(m): 8:28pm On Jul 08
Hardwork and luck would make you hit it!
Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by AdeCityzen(m): 8:30pm On Jul 08
FreeStuffsNG:
Lagos is rich in mineral resources too! Please visit the Lagos State Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources to invest in that sector in Lagos today.
https://memr.lagosstate.gov.ng/
Thank you.
Op i thought you're from Ogun State
Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by Calitoscassius(m): 8:42pm On Jul 08
Lagos is an overhyped shihole! Every where is used as toilet, there are shit every where. Bus stops, pedestrian bridges, under bridges, roadsides, train stations and even along the international airport road Tueh!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by blacknp(m): 8:52pm On Jul 08
DMerciful:
I'm not constrained to a mere geographical expression; i have dual citizenship!

Even in Nigeria, because I'm Igbo from Delta State, I can be called a Niger Deltan, I am from SS( whatever that nonsense mean), I'm a Biafran as well as a Nigerian.

Una nor reach
A negro without an identity, which one be igbo from Delta State?
Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by blacknp(m): 8:55pm On Jul 08
DMerciful:
Its not bad belle but sound advice. I do not believe because you come from a rich state, you become rich automatically or you start feeling entitled. If you don't work as hard as other Nigerians in Lagos, nothing for you
Lagos state may be considered rich based on the hard work of the private sector, and innovative approach of the state government.

All the money wey full Delta State, with the highest allocation from The FAAC for 10 straight years, what does the big heart state have to show for all that money from Abuja?

Guy go sit down for one side road for Delta state I beg u, all your Anioma Billionaires from Jim Ovia, Fidelis Tilije, Godwin Emefiele, Chiedu Ebie, Anthony Elumelu, na same Lagos State all of them dey based.
Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by DMerciful(m): 9:00pm On Jul 08
That is the problem, money coming from Abuja. Its considered as free money so its looted.

I want the money to be coming from resources within Delta State and thats why I'm campaigning for 100% resource control. We should be sending money to run the fg , not the other way round
blacknp:
Lagos state may be considered rich based on the hard work of the private sector, and innovative approach of the state government.

All the money wey full Delta State, with the highest allocation from The FAAC for 10 straight years, what does the big heart state have to show for all that money from Abuja?

Guy go sit down for one side road for Anioma I beg u.

Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by DMerciful(m): 9:01pm On Jul 08
You belong to the old ways
blacknp:
A negro without an identity, which one be igbo from Delta State?
Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by Hassanmaye(m): 9:04pm On Jul 08
Zwooks:
Lies. No state manufactures poverty like Lagos
What!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by blacknp(m): 9:07pm On Jul 08
DMerciful:
That is the problem, money coming from Abuja. Its considered as free money so its looted.

I want the money to be coming from resources within Delta State and thats why I'm campaigning for 100% resource control. We should be sending money to run the fg , not the other way round
100% Resource control indeed, Mr Man please stop deceiving yourself, without Federal free allocation from oil Delta state cannot pay their workers you are telling me about resource control?

What happened to the money from palm-oil, rubber, cassava and other agro allied products of the big heart state exported for forex, not mentioning internal generated revenue from taxation, wetin una take the money do?
Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by Hassanmaye(m): 9:09pm On Jul 08
Tochi3:
..online Lagosians.. grin grin grin
Hàha You are a bhad guy

1 Like

Re: How Lagos Turns ‘paupers’ Into Mega Millionaires by Lavor234: 9:10pm On Jul 08
Over hyped slum, first visit to Lagos I thought of th people as crabs in a bottle. Also saw a lot of tired and haggard faces. On transit to Accra via Badagary. I saw the contrast as well. While Seme and Togo were clean, Badagary was full of garbage.

I have lived in Nigeria for long but never caught the Lagos bug, it's just a slum with a lot of poor haggard people jumping buses
A hard city with a shitty smell

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hope I Wouldn't Find Myself To Be Blamed If I Return This ATM Card To The Owner / A Visit To Warri Fish Market & Latest Prices Of Various Fishes (Video, Pictures) / Foreign Payments With Naira ATM Cards Suspended By Zenith Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.