Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,469 members, 7,894,982 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 07:11 PM

My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. (23012 Views)

My Husband No Dey Knack Me Well- Cheating Wife's Confession To Her Pastor(Video) / I Fainted When My Wife Said Our Former Neighbor Is The Father Of Our Child / I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by onome2013: 8:36pm On Jul 18
BlindAngel:

That's the church she was attending before we got married, so I don't want to stop her in order for it not to seems like I'm wicked and for her not to call me names.

Yesterday she reminded me that after our marriage my family forced her to do thanks giving at our church. She has been saying this for long, but stopped, until yesterday.

I told her that doing thanks giving at our church is now a bad thing or something that's forceful?

She cried a lot yesterday because of our argument of this naming.

Same tears she used in forcing me into getting married to her when I wasn't in anyway ready.
This was were mistakes originated from. Since two of you are legally married, you should have ensured she start attending your church because you are the head of the house. Some decent pastors may allowed her to continue fellowship from the church, since she has gotten married. WHEN YOU BUTTON YOUR SHIRT WRONGLY FROM BOTTOM, SO IT WILL BE WILL BE WRONG TILL LAST BUTTON. My advice let this go peacefully for the sake of the innocent baby, but subsequently let her know from day one of the second pregnancy, that there's no going back to Egypt.
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by ssogundele2003: 8:36pm On Jul 18
psucc:
Maybe the Pastor was part of the reproduction process.
grin I don laugh forget rod for chiamaka service hole o. Guy you bad gan o. Reproduction process kwa?

1 Like

Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by JASONjnr(m): 8:37pm On Jul 18
BlindAngel:

That's the church she was attending before we got married, so I don't want to stop her in order for it not to seems like I'm wicked and for her not to call me names.

Yesterday she reminded me that after our marriage my family forced her to do thanks giving at our church. She has been saying this for long, but stopped, until yesterday.

I told her that doing thanks giving at our church is now a bad thing or something that's forceful?

Same tears she used in forcing me into getting married to her when I wasn't in anyway ready.

I want to quietly explain certain things to you. You're married and I have so many married men as friends.

First, you need to control your house and secondly, you need to learn to give your wife some benefit.of doubt on opportunity to make certain decisions. Doesn't make you a weakling. Especially when she perceived that you and your family speak in one voice.

You need to stop bringing your external family into your home. And you need to block her from bringing hers to her home as well.

You need to silently speak to your wife on two of you starting a fellowship in another church. Different from what both of you are attending currently.

Please keep your worries to your heart and if you must speak up, let it be life threatening.
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by richie240: 8:37pm On Jul 18
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
The respect these women accord to their pastors,I wish they can give the same to their husbands,most marriages that had broken up would have at least seen the light of the day..

Mr. Man,you better man up and never give any mother fvcker disguising to be called by God to play your role as the man of the house, unless she's hiding something from you undecided

Make God no give me wife wey go dey obsessed with any daddy G.O cha, because I know for sure I won't condone that...
God bless u for this angle bro.
If ur woman cannot afford u d same regard and reverence she gives her pastor, then u don enter one chance.

If only women realize that men are doing them a favor by marrying them, them for respect themselves and worship their husbands (after God).
cool

1 Like

Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by Wande22(m): 8:37pm On Jul 18
AGManuel:
Your wife used tears to lure you into marrying her....
Refused to change her name to your surname after marriage...
Gave birth to your first son and your name appears nowhere on your son's birth cert...
Used tears to manipulate you into allowing her name the child with the name she chooses, not yours.
Forcing you with years to allow her pastor officiate the naming ceremony, in her church.

Sorry my guy, but you be big mu.mu

Don't mind the mumuni that called himself BlindAngel... Indeed he is BLIND

BlindAngel, until when she use tears change the name on your house Documents (Mr. & Mrs.) to her maiden name, I think that time your eyes go clear

jaxxy:

U should know when and when to exercise Authority not everything u show urself..

I pray you don't learn from experience that turned me a landlord in Ibadan to a squatter/floater in Lagos

1 Like

Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by InvertedHammer: 8:38pm On Jul 18
BlindAngel:
Good afternoon Nairalanders, my wife gave birth last week which was Saturday July 13th, that day was also my birthday, she gave birth through CS, this is our first child, and it's a boy.

This week Saturday is our baby's naming ceremony but my wife is insisting that her pastor must be the one officiate the naming the child, we've been disagreeing over this for some couple of days now,

she has called me all sorts of names, insulted me that I'm a very wicked man that I have no conscience, that after she pain and tearing she went through and still going through, I can't make this as a sacrifice for her, that I choose my family over her. She said so because my family also insist too that the naming must be done by our pastor.

But she's keying on the fact that she won't agree for the naming to be done in my church that it must be done by her pastor, she has cried and insulted me regarding this. Yesterday when we were arguing about this same particular issue she starting crying endlessly and calling me a wicked man.

I have finally agreed for her to use her pastor to do the naming, although I don't know her pastor and haven't seen him before, but I only agreed because of the CS operation she did while giving birth, her endless crying might affect her, if not there's absolutely no way possible I'd have agreed.

I must say that she doesn't know the repercussions of what sha has done by challenging my authority and always wanting to have her way with tears all the time. But time sha tell, I'm in so much rage right now, and I'm trying my possible best to control myself and not to loose my anger over this.
/
1. Do DNA test(the pastor may be the real baby's father)

2. She is pushing the boundaries to check your manhood. If you fold, you lose the authority in your home forever cool

/
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by Anguldi(m): 8:39pm On Jul 18
BlindAngel:
Good afternoon Nairalanders, my wife gave birth last week which was Saturday July 13th, that day was also my birthday, she gave birth through CS, this is our first child, and it's a boy.

This week Saturday is our baby's naming ceremony but my wife is insisting that her pastor must be the one officiate the naming the child, we've been disagreeing over this for some couple of days now,

she has called me all sorts of names, insulted me that I'm a very wicked man that I have no conscience, that after she pain and tearing she went through and still going through, I can't make this as a sacrifice for her, that I choose my family over her. She said so because my family also insist too that the naming must be done by our pastor.

But she's keying on the fact that she won't agree for the naming to be done in my church that it must be done by her pastor, she has cried and insulted me regarding this. Yesterday when we were arguing about this same particular issue she starting crying endlessly and calling me a wicked man.

I have finally agreed for her to use her pastor to do the naming, although I don't know her pastor and haven't seen him before, but I only agreed because of the CS operation she did while giving birth, her endless crying might affect her, if not there's absolutely no way possible I'd have agreed.

I must say that she doesn't know the repercussions of what sha has done by challenging my authority and always wanting to have her way with tears all the time. But time sha tell, I'm in so much rage right now, and I'm trying my possible best to control myself and not to loose my anger over this.
You allowed the first one.
The second will be worse.

Don't you have a tradition
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by Bluffly: 8:39pm On Jul 18
Bring the naming to your house and invite both pastors. Yours should do the sermon while hers do the naming but allow her church to organise it. For dedication, do it in your own church.
BlindAngel:

Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by Berankis: 8:40pm On Jul 18
The issue is that after she agreed to marry you, did she not move to your Church?
As per the "crying", that one na normal thing, you will have so much of that and you will overcome it.
Just be flexible sha and do what's best for your family. Na she go still dey with the baby more, so just let her have her way with this one but be on the lookout for such moves in the future, this is just the beginning. Lastly, try to find out who that Pastor really is and from where.
That's all...
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by Omoawoke: 8:40pm On Jul 18
BlindAngel:

This is what you get when you marry a religious dimwit

In everything you do, never marry a girl who is mentally dumb and ignorant. Chai! I spit on girls who carry pastors for head, they are a calamity waiting to unfold
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by sync(f): 8:41pm On Jul 18
Mcheeeww
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by Kakamorufu(m): 8:41pm On Jul 18
Thank you ooo. Help us school that guy. Cos e dey vex me RN angry
Namaster:

My dude, you STARTED your marriage with a big bang of premium fuuuck up!

This woman has ZERO regard for you. She DOES NOT respect or love you. Probably doesn't even like you. You are just an expense account to this woman.

Any woman who has a MODICUM of respect for her husband would be EAGER to take his name. A couple of weeks ago, we all read about how Diezani Allison-Madueke's ex-husband, Allison Amaechina Madueke, took her to court just to get to STOP using his name after divorce.

That woman served as a Minister under 2 different Presidents before she became the first female President of OPEC. Yet she took NOT one but TWO of her husbands name.

But your wife (probably a stay-at-home wife) REFUSED to take your name and you still went along with the wedding.

You started on the WRONG track.

FIRST thing you need to do now is get a DNA test for that boy to confirm it's yours. Because the series of disrespect and disregard your wife has displayed towards you makes it highly UNLIKELY that she'd let you get her pregnant.

Ypu already spent #400K on the kid so find money for the DNA test. And do it ASAP before you sink in MORE money into raising her pastor's kid.

Meantime, put a STOP to every manipulation. Don't let her dictate ANYTHING or manipulate her way through anything. Even with tears, don't give in!
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by TUTU147: 8:42pm On Jul 18
You made a mistake allowing her continue with her church,many crashed marriages today are link to church doctrine.Couples going to different churches are bound for divorce.Dna is needed at this junction.
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by Omoawoke: 8:42pm On Jul 18
BlindAngel:

We both have agreed on the name, she suggested it and i agreed, though it pains me that I wasn't the one that came up with the name fully, but we've already agreed and changing my mind right now will lead to an heavy quarrel and lot's of endless crying from her. That I'm wicked and heartless that after we've both agreed, I changed things.

You are a weak man. Na your type dey kneel down for woman propose. Na Mumu you be no joke. I don’t envy you at all. You are in for a very long and painful ride
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by Kakamorufu(m): 8:43pm On Jul 18
See ehn, u already fucckked up by allowing your wife suggest the first name for your first child. It's not done anywhere.
Also, the CS receipt must bare your name, you made the damn payment man. You soft oo. Don't allow the woman crocodile tears soften u further.
Kala, Daju, Leju.

Na 5 canes woman dey carry along to husband house. It's up to the man not to allow her use any of the 5.

But you have already lose guard and she already used 3 on ya. I wish you the best o.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by joytothewise(m): 8:43pm On Jul 18
Seek counsel from your pastor or elderly people on you both worshiping in same church.. your pastor can invite her pastor. Don’t slack on this decision it is important because when the child grew she might insist on worshiping places too.. take your place as a man there is nothing bad in you taking advise from your wife but the place of authority must not be loss

BlindAngel:

Thanks for your input, what I actually meant is that she insist on her pastor officiating the naming ceremony. Which she's always crying endlessly whenever we start arguing about It.
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by Walz001: 8:44pm On Jul 18
Broo now leave story for the gods a advice is enough for the wise
Don't beat her
Don't shout at her
Just do the right thing as advised and do only the advantage things
After all the ceremony go for DNA
Stop her from the church
And let her use your surname (but I for see because of the court you guys didn't do make her not to use your surname)
Then don't do it with fighting
God will help you out
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by stagger: 8:44pm On Jul 18
BlindAngel:

Which one is her pastor, my pastor?
Never make the mistake of not attending the same church with your family and having a single pastor that serves as your spiritual head!
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by OlujobaSamuel: 8:46pm On Jul 18
BlindAngel:

Are you a Yoruba, if yes, the following is for you. If you are of a different culture, you can find out from your elders how it is done.
Wife's parents or her own church will do the wedding, that headache is for their family.
Your church or parents church for Thanksgiving.
If first born and close to your parents church, they will do the naming
If far away, your church should do it
You end business with your wife church after wedding, except you attend same denomination but different branches and your wife branch is having a pastor that is superior in rank to yours, you inform your pastor that so so person is coming, your pastor knows the protocol.
In your case, you don't even know the pastor, and you accepted, make stranger come pour incantations on your baby, you get mind oo

1 Like

Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by kpompey: 8:47pm On Jul 18
BlindAngel:

You need to hold your ground oga. Conventionally, a woman should not be attending her church again once she gets married to a man and bears his name.If a christian lady marries a muslim man or vice versa, she will automatically switch religion except if the guy does not care.You need to be tough. Give him the option to take the baby to her church, but you will not be attending.If she agrees, oga go do DNA. 95 percent of Nigeria clergies are rogues and womanizer.
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by Akerewe(m): 8:47pm On Jul 18
BlindAngel:

She used tears forcing you to marry her, guy go for DNA test pls, u might be a figure head husband.

U r both xtian nd d normal things to do if for her to b attending ur church not u allowing here to worship at seperate church.

Be sensitive to this issue of pastor this pastor that because sonnest u might be shock!
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by Osanoghodua1: 8:47pm On Jul 18
It's good to be in a good standing with your wife to maintain the peace at home but it's wrong for your wife dictate the direction of the family program. Her pastor is her former shepherd, you're now her lord and her owner forever. Agree with her never to allow such come up again.

May I know: How's your church and hers? Does she still attend her former church?
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by richie240: 8:47pm On Jul 18
Once again, u are 100% to blame.
How will u feel if ur lecturer set questions on topics that he never taught u neither were the questions in the syllabus??

You have laid d wrong foundation by allowing her have her way due to ur infatuation, so u can't be crying foul now. One thing u need to know about women is that -whether 6 yrs old, 16 or 61 - they are children with grown bodies, and that's why d scriptures referred to them as "weaker vessels".

They (can) throw tantrums when they don't have their way just like the average toddler.
cool
BlindAngel:

Oche211:
Sometimes, you don't have to wait for women to make some decisions, you make it for them. Understand that women are not capable of making sound, logic decisions without proper guidance.

You never lead your wife during courtship, you are not leading her now.
End of story!
cool
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by NorthernersSuck: 8:47pm On Jul 18
BlindAngel:

You're a very SIMP-LE man, you guys should invite Amadioha high chief priest to do the naming
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by ChiefOkporghe: 8:48pm On Jul 18
Namaster:
First of all, do you mean she wants her pastor to CHOOSE the name of your baby or OFFICIATE the naming ceremony?

Secondly, do a DNA test to confirm rhat you'll not be raising the bastard son of her pastor. This woman obviously WORSHIPS her pastor. It's not UNIMAGINABLE that she's tendered her pussy as offering one or two times.

Next you need to face the fact that a SCAMMER (the pastor) and a STRANGE man (still the pastor) exerts more INFLUENCE in your marriage than you do. And ask yourself whether you still want to be in that marriage.

A strange man holds the remote control to your relationship. Your marriage subsists by his will. Are you okay with that?

NEXT, she is blatantly MANIPULATING you without remorse. You are NOT responsible for the complications that led to the C-Section. Even if it's because the baby is too big because you are a big man, it's still NOT your fault.

Her eyes were wild open when she CHOSE to marry you and have your child. If it's yours, that is.

STOP letting her use child birth as an ammo for manipulating you. Because if you capitulate today, you best belive she'll NEVER stop. Next she'll weaponise the child.

Then her next pregnancy would be a NUCLEAR weapon. Everything you previously disagreed on would be tabled again UNTIL she has her way. Maybe, she'll demand you DONATE your house to her pastor and rent a room and parlour for yourself.

Put your foot down and DON'T even compromise. Don't allow her pastor to be involved in ANYWAY when it comes to naming the child unless DNA proves the child is his.
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by sgtponzihater1(m): 8:48pm On Jul 18
BlindAngel:

You should not have agreed. For most women once you bulge to their demand, they activate gear 2. She now knows she can have your way and life will never be the same again. This is my personal experience.
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by Sheuns(m): 8:49pm On Jul 18
BlindAngel:

You’re not being wicked if you stop her from attending the church she attended before you married.

You should know that pastor as well. As husband and wife, newly married couple or not you should attend the same church. If she insists on not going to your own church, attend her church for a while and monitor things yourself. Then you can decide.

This lingering issue may affect your children as they grow.
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by Realjass1: 8:49pm On Jul 18
I hate it when men are sooo weak to their bones. You married a manipulator, a bull dog of a wife who has no respect for you. My piece of advice will be to start with DNA now or after the event. You're too weak as a man to be properly advised. Good luck
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by Umuinyioku: 8:49pm On Jul 18
Namaster:
First of all, do you mean she wants her pastor to CHOOSE the name of your baby or OFFICIATE the naming ceremony?

Secondly, do a DNA test to confirm rhat you'll not be raising the bastard son of her pastor. This woman obviously WORSHIPS her pastor. It's not UNIMAGINABLE that she's tendered her pussy as offering one or two times.

Next you need to face the fact that a SCAMMER (the pastor) and a STRANGE man (still the pastor) exerts more INFLUENCE in your marriage than you do. And ask yourself whether you still want to be in that marriage.

A strange man holds the remote control to your relationship. Your marriage subsists by his will. Are you okay with that?

NEXT, she is blatantly MANIPULATING you without remorse. You are NOT responsible for the complications that led to the C-Section. Even if it's because the baby is too big because you are a big man, it's still NOT your fault.

Her eyes were wild open when she CHOSE to marry you and have your child. If it's yours, that is.

STOP letting her use child birth as an ammo for manipulating you. Because if you capitulate today, you best belive she'll NEVER stop. Next she'll weaponise the child.

Then her next pregnancy would be a NUCLEAR weapon. Everything you previously disagreed on would be tabled again UNTIL she has her way. Maybe, she'll demand you DONATE your house to her pastor and rent a room and parlour for yourself.

Put your foot down and DON'T even compromise. Don't allow her pastor to be involved in ANYWAY when it comes to naming the child unless DNA proves the child is his.
God bless you richly for the thoughts. I key into your thoughts!
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by dandollaz: 8:49pm On Jul 18
BlindAngel:

Guyman dey reason her sometimes.and as a guy don't attach much on church stuff but caution her when it's going out of place.
Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by Nonexisting: 8:50pm On Jul 18
DNA test brother, DNA test.

Re: My Wife Insisting That Her Pastor Must officiate our child naming ceremony. by Azzik: 8:50pm On Jul 18
BlindAngel:

This is why it's not wise for couples to attend separate church... this issue should have been sorted out before getting married to avoid all the drama

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Barren Woman Gives Birth To 17 Babies In 29 Hours(photos).. / A Man And A Woman Can Never Be Equal / What Advice Would You Give A Brother Who Just Turned 20?

Viewing this topic: lekdap, Ogbuefi20(m), ryd3(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.